Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,237 members, 7,822,220 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

PVC Now Sold For N200-N500 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PVC Now Sold For N200-N500 (1155 Views)

Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' / Go & Get You Pvc Now!!! / INEC Give Lagos PVC Now! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PVC Now Sold For N200-N500 by akin33(m): 6:26pm On Nov 19, 2014
Today, I went to queue for the 5th times in order to perform my civic right comes 2015. Yet the process of registration fails not to register. At 10mins past 4pm, the two copers(ladies), started to demand for N500 before registration is done. A woman offered them N100 they rejected it. Another woman offered N200, they reluctantly collected it and immediately, she was allowed to register. That was how people started paying before registration is done. I have to step forward to challenge them and the political elements (thugs) attacked me verbally, including their supports. Then, I told every uninformed (illiterate) that voters card is free that if you pay money, you are selling yourself and that of you children future for the next 8 years. The national identity card registration is now N400 in Ewusi palace Shagamu. I have not been able to register because of this. Politicians seat tight on employment, right of every citizen and even PVC have been pliticalized. How long shall we watch and sit? If we continue in silence, in the next 10 years, I wonder if poor mass would be allowed to walk freely in our Streets.
Re: PVC Now Sold For N200-N500 by kudoxs(m): 6:40pm On Nov 19, 2014
akin33:
Today, I went to queue for the 5th times in order to perform my civic right comes 2015. Yet the process of registration fails not to register. At 10mins past 4pm, the two copers(ladies), started to demand for N500 before registration is done. A woman offered them N100 they rejected it. Another woman offered N200, they reluctantly collected it and immediately, she was allowed to register. That was how people started paying before registration is done. I have to step forward to challenge them and the political elements (thugs) attacked me verbally, including their supports. Then, I told every uninformed (illiterate) that voters card is free that if you pay money, you are selling yourself and that of you children future for the next 8 years. The national identity card registration is now N400 in Ewusi palace Shagamu. I have not been able to register because of this. Politicians seat tight on employment, right of every citizen and even PVC have been pliticalized. How long shall we watch and sit? If we continue in silence, in the next 10 years, I wonder if poor mass would be allowed to walk freely in our Streets.
I think this is happening only in my area, there is a unit where they charge as much as 1.000 naira for registration. The painful part is some people will claim they are wise and yet they will still pay this monies instead of fighting against this corruption.
Re: PVC Now Sold For N200-N500 by cirmuell(m): 6:51pm On Nov 19, 2014
You should report this development to their officeor police or take pictures or video clips of these guys and put it up on social media.

meanwhile some 20+ Togolese & Beninese nationals were arrested today @ Ogun state portion of Nigeria's border with Benin republic with our Voter's Card...they registered themselves as voters.

1 Like

Re: PVC Now Sold For N200-N500 by cirmuell(m): 6:55pm On Nov 19, 2014
kudoxs:
I think this is happening only in my area, there is a unit where they charge as much as 1.000 naira for registration. The painful part is some people will claim they are wise and yet they will still pay this monies instead of fighting against this corruption.
guys take their pictures and put it up on twitter let make 'em stop mehn. tf? angry
Re: PVC Now Sold For N200-N500 by akin33(m): 7:27pm On Nov 19, 2014
I couldn't take pics because the slaves the love to remain in chains, I mean political sympathizers want to attack me because of their desperation. Immediately I confronted them and it seems we are few that were not ready to pay the said amount. I didn't waste time to flee.
Re: PVC Now Sold For N200-N500 by akin33(m): 7:30pm On Nov 19, 2014
I couldn't take pics because the slaves that love their chains, I mean political sympathizers want to attack me because of their desperation. Immediately I confronted them and it seems we are few that were not ready to pay the said amount. I didn't waste time to flee. I will try to expose that of national identity that is now 400 per register.
Re: PVC Now Sold For N200-N500 by petrov10: 7:35pm On Nov 19, 2014
Nigerians undecided
Re: PVC Now Sold For N200-N500 by akin33(m): 7:37pm On Nov 19, 2014
This thing happened in a house that they wrote JEBE or JIBE in Agura, Sabo. Today 19th Nov. 2014. I would have reported them to their principal or security officers. How am I too sure that they will take action.
Re: PVC Now Sold For N200-N500 by alakaloko(m): 7:42pm On Nov 19, 2014
akin33:
This thing happened in a house that they wrote JEBE or JIBE in Agura, Sabo. Today 19th Nov. 2014. I would have reported them to their principal or security officers. How am I too sure that they will take action.
Do the needful guy... Report at the nearest police station
Re: PVC Now Sold For N200-N500 by chamboy(m): 7:45pm On Nov 19, 2014
D Level of Corruption n Indiscipline in Nigeria, Even if u report to police or any higher officials dem go still share d money together

1 Like

Re: PVC Now Sold For N200-N500 by Eggcelent(m): 8:04pm On Nov 19, 2014
This is pathetic
Re: PVC Now Sold For N200-N500 by tobnical(m): 9:01pm On Nov 19, 2014
If your story is indeed true, you should have reported to the nearest INEC office or police station. you wouldnt have believed the level of purnishment that would have been metted to them now. Registration and collection of PVC are free. Your story is indeed pathetic.
Re: PVC Now Sold For N200-N500 by Nobody: 9:03pm On Nov 19, 2014
man go chop nah

1 Like

Re: PVC Now Sold For N200-N500 by omenka(m): 9:10pm On Nov 19, 2014
This is stealing and not corruption. I think I can now see the distinction Jonathan was trying to make.

I see no anomaly here. After all, interior ministry did it, swindled unemployed youths of 1500 each yet retains his portfolio.

God bless Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: PVC Now Sold For N200-N500 by akin33(m): 9:47pm On Nov 19, 2014
@tobnical, what I posted here is true. It is better I report to INEC than police but I have no inec contac. I have confirmed the proper address of the house where the scene happened. I saw the queue when I was returning from school then I joined. The pooling boot is located at Fowodara house, Agura Sabo, Sagamu, Ogun State. I was even insulted by the copers. If anyone has INEC telephone or mail, I will forward this report to them.
Re: PVC Now Sold For N200-N500 by akin33(m): 10:06pm On Nov 19, 2014
The just concluded PVC registration is marked with corruption. The category of people that have registered now are political part members, families and supporters. The real citizens were systematically frustrated by slotting in people who came through them. INEC must continue this exercise till Jan. If 2015 elections must be free and fair.

1 Like

Re: PVC Now Sold For N200-N500 by luvmijeje(f): 10:42pm On Nov 19, 2014
akin33:
The just concluded PVC registration is marked with corruption. The category of people that have registered now are political part members, families and supporters. The real citizens were systematically frustrated by slotting in people who came through them. INEC must continue this exercise till Jan. If 2015 elections must be free and fair.

The Centre can be accessed through telephone lines, Facebook, Twitter and INEC’s website.

Phone numbers: 07098116381, 07098115257, 07098117563 and 07098110916.

Website address: www.inecnigeria.org

Facebook: www.facebook.com/inecnigeria (INEC Nigeria)

Twitter handle: @inecnigeria

Call in, someone will be waiting to respond.

OP, next time please do snapp at least a picture

(1) (Reply)

Do We Truly Need A Senate? / Lagos: Ambode’s Deputy Unveiled / What Has Happened To These Previous Hash Tag?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.