Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,210 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

You Must Keep The Law! - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Must Keep The Law! (11615 Views)

Many Churches Are Still Following The Law Of Moses. / Should Child Dedication Be Abolished Since It Is Found In The Law Of Moses? / Must Christians Observe The Law Of Moses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Must Keep The Law! by MrPresident1: 11:50am On Dec 12, 2014
Bidam:
God bless you my brother. Thank you for saying the truth as it is. No one can keep the law and that is why grace came, infact grace teaches us to say no to ungodliness and wordly passions and to live self controlled upright and godly lives. but for folks to advocate lawless behaviours like sex before marriages, abortions,masturbations and the likes is what i am kicking against. These antinomians are fond of distorting the pauline epistles. These are the error of lawless men peter warned us to guard against.

Bidam, your bolded statement is not correct.

ISRAEL DID NOT LOSE IT BECAUSE THE LAWS WERE HARD TO KEEP, ISRAEL LOST IT BECAUSE SHE REFUSED TO OBEY. SHE CHOSE WICKEDNESS, EVIL AND IDOLATRY AGAINST THE LAW OF GOD.

Isaiah 42:24
Who gave Jacob for a spoil, and Israel to the robbers? did not the Lord, he against whom we have sinned? for they would not walk in his ways, neither were they obedient unto his law.

Jeremiah 26:3
If so be they will hearken, and turn every man from his evil way, that I may repent me of the evil, which I purpose to do unto them because of the evil of their doings.

Jeremiah 32:23
23 And they came in, and possessed it; but they obeyed not thy voice, neither walked in thy law; they have done nothing of all that thou commandedst them to do: therefore thou hast caused all this evil to come upon them:

Nehemiah 9:29
And testifiedst against them, that thou mightest bring them again unto thy law: yet they dealt proudly, and hearkened not unto thy commandments, but sinned against thy judgments, (which if a man do, he shall live in themwink and withdrew the shoulder, and hardened their neck, and would not hear.
Re: You Must Keep The Law! by shdemidemi(m): 11:51am On Dec 12, 2014
MrPresident1:

Shameful.
You are hard headed.
The Law is not in the 'thou shalt nots'
The entire Law is in 'Obey my voice'
What is the voice saying?
Thou shall love the Lord thy God, with all thy heart, with all thy soul with all thy mind.
Circumcise you heart and be no more stiffnecked
This is the summary of the Law, there is no greater law.
He who loves his brother has fulfilled the Law.

Why is this so hard to understand?

Can you categorically say you love God with all your being?
Re: You Must Keep The Law! by Nobody: 11:55am On Dec 12, 2014
shdemidemi:

Grace came to help you keep the law indeed.

Now that grace is here, have you successfully kept the laws?

Is that what you read in my post? Do you advocate masturbations, premarital sex, abortions and gay marriages in your church?
Re: You Must Keep The Law! by MrPresident1: 11:57am On Dec 12, 2014
shdemidemi:

Jeremiah 29:13
And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

John 14:21
He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

I have found God. He has manifested Himself to me as He promised those who love Him by keeping His commandments.

This is why I know that you shdemidemi aka vooks and goshen360 aka kingdompartaker are evil.
Re: You Must Keep The Law! by shdemidemi(m): 11:59am On Dec 12, 2014
Bidam:
Is that what you read in my post? Do you advocate masturbations, premarital sex, abortions and gay marriages in your church?

My friend, answer my questions and stop gallivanting all over.

You said 'infact grace teaches us to say no to ungodliness and wordly passions and to live self controlled upright and godly lives'

My question- Now that grace is here, have you successfully kept these good works?
Re: You Must Keep The Law! by MostHigh: 12:01pm On Dec 12, 2014
shdemidemi:

Grace came to help you keep the law indeed.

Now that grace is here, have you successfully kept the laws?

No OOO. dont keep the law after grace has come.

You and goshen can go climb up a mountain and write your own laws or better still have a heart to heart talk.

Lawless man. grin grin
Re: You Must Keep The Law! by shdemidemi(m): 12:02pm On Dec 12, 2014
MrPresident1:

Jeremiah 29:13
And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

John 14:21
He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

I have found God. He has manifested Himself to me as He promised those who love Him by keeping His commandments.

This is why I know that you shdemidemi aka vooks and goshen360 aka kingdompartaker are evil.

Did you answer my question? No

Quit the ranting for a bit and act civil for a minute.

Re: You Must Keep The Law! by MostHigh: 12:03pm On Dec 12, 2014
shdemidemi:

Lawless son of the lawless man. grin grin grin
Re: You Must Keep The Law! by MostHigh: 12:03pm On Dec 12, 2014
Bidam:

he wont answer your question cuase the answer is like a gunshot to the head. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: You Must Keep The Law! by MrPresident1: 12:04pm On Dec 12, 2014
shdemidemi:

Civil with a demon?

I see the lies you bandy on this forum, you are a spawn of the devil.

I love God with all my heart, this is why I am able to recognize that you and Goshen360 are evil.

Can't you reason deductively?
Re: You Must Keep The Law! by shdemidemi(m): 12:04pm On Dec 12, 2014
MostHigh:

No OOO. dont keep the law after grace has come.

You and goshen can go climb up a mountain and write your own laws or better still have a heart to heart talk.

Lawless man. grin grin

Have you ever come across the phrase - 'law of sin and death'. If yes, explain what you understand by 'the law of sin and death'.
Re: You Must Keep The Law! by MrPresident1: 12:06pm On Dec 12, 2014
shdemidemi:

Don't you love God with all your heart?

How do you show this love Shdemidemi?
Re: You Must Keep The Law! by Kingdompartaker: 12:09pm On Dec 12, 2014
@ MRPRESIDENT1

Sir, It is very unfair to address your fellow human being as EVIL, well MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON US ALL,

YES, you claim to have found GOD. The Question is, do you found GOD in THE LAW OF MOSES OR IN JESUS CHRIST? (2) you claim GOD manifest HIMSELF to you? where, how, when, which, in the LAW OF MOSES or what? thank sir
Re: You Must Keep The Law! by shdemidemi(m): 12:10pm On Dec 12, 2014
MrPresident1:

Don't you love God with all your heart?

Wow! why ask a question where an answer is required. This shows me clearly that you have a conscience behind your brazen and belligerent approach. I will still require you to answer my question.

Do you love God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind?
Re: You Must Keep The Law! by MrPresident1: 12:11pm On Dec 12, 2014
Kingdompartaker:
@ MRPRESIDENT1

Sir, It is very unfair to address your fellow human being as EVIL, well MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON US ALL,

YES, you claim to have found GOD. The Question is, do you found GOD in THE LAW OF MOSES OR IN JESUS CHRIST? (2) you claim GOD manifest HIMSELF to you? where, how, when, which, in the LAW OF MOSES or what? thank sir

You kingdompartaker aka goshen360, shdemidemi aka vooks are evil, brood of vipers and spawn of satan.

You teach my people lawlessness and enforce their slavery.

You are evil.

Open you head.

JESUS CHRIST IS THE LAW OF MOSES.

1 Like

Re: You Must Keep The Law! by Kingdompartaker: 12:15pm On Dec 12, 2014
give us the Scriptural verse that said that (JESUS CHRIST IS THE LAW OF MOSES). Note the Bible is the final authority, thanks sir
Re: You Must Keep The Law! by shdemidemi(m): 12:16pm On Dec 12, 2014
MrPresident1:

You kingdompartaker aka goshen360, shdemidemi aka vooks are evil, brood of vipers and spawn of satan.

You are evil.

Open you head.

Is this what has become of Bidam.... see what your fellow comrade is spewing.
Re: You Must Keep The Law! by MrPresident1: 12:16pm On Dec 12, 2014
shdemidemi:

Wow! why ask a question where an answer is required. This shows me clearly that you have a conscience behind your brazen and belligerent approach. I will still require you to answer my question.

Do you love God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind?

I love the Most High God with all my heart, with all my soul and with all my mind; this is why I am able to recognize that you shdemidemi and Goshen360 are evil.

Now answer me like a man;

Do you love God with all your heart Shdemidemi?

Re: You Must Keep The Law! by MostHigh: 12:16pm On Dec 12, 2014
Kingdompartaker:
give us the Scriptural verse that said that (JESUS CHRIST IS THE LAW OF MOSES). Note the Bible is the final authority, thanks sir

In the beginning was the WORD and the WORD was with God and the WORD was God.

The Same was in the beginning. wink

Is your bible not filled with WORDS or do you have only paintings and drawings. grin

2 Likes

Re: You Must Keep The Law! by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 12, 2014
MrPresident1:

Bidam, your bolded statement is not correct.

ISRAEL DID NOT LOSE IT BECAUSE THE LAWS WERE HARD TO KEEP, ISRAEL LOST IT BECAUSE SHE REFUSED TO OBEY. SHE CHOSE WICKEDNESS, EVIL AND IDOLATRY AGAINST THE LAW OF GOD.

Isaiah 42:24
Who gave Jacob for a spoil, and Israel to the robbers? did not the Lord, he against whom we have sinned? for they would not walk in his ways, neither were they obedient unto his law.

Jeremiah 26:3
If so be they will hearken, and turn every man from his evil way, that I may repent me of the evil, which I purpose to do unto them because of the evil of their doings.

Jeremiah 32:23
23 And they came in, and possessed it; but they obeyed not thy voice, neither walked in thy law; they have done nothing of all that thou commandedst them to do: therefore thou hast caused all this evil to come upon them:

Nehemiah 9:29
And testifiedst against them, that thou mightest bring them again unto thy law: yet they dealt proudly, and hearkened not unto thy commandments, but sinned against thy judgments, (which if a man do, he shall live in themwink and withdrew the shoulder, and hardened their neck, and would not hear.

Go back back to Genesis and sincerely ask yourself why Adam couldn't keep one command that God gave him. That was why God instituted the sacrifice... God himself knows Isreal couldn't keep 10 and the sacrificial law was put in place..And when Christ came, he offered himself once and for all and ended that. I agree with you that obedience to God and His word is the key to living uprightly. But it is impossible for man to keep the law of love since we are carnal. Christians are only encouraged to love one another and hence fulfill the righteous requirement of the law. That is why the efficacy of the blood of Jesus is always there to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. He is the one who made us righteous, it is not by our own power or works.
Re: You Must Keep The Law! by MrPresident1: 12:19pm On Dec 12, 2014
Kingdompartaker:

You are not reading.

Start reading the thread from the beginning. The point has been made.
Re: You Must Keep The Law! by MostHigh: 12:20pm On Dec 12, 2014
MrPresident1:

You are evil.

Open you head.

Say on prophet of the Most High God.
Re: You Must Keep The Law! by shdemidemi(m): 12:24pm On Dec 12, 2014
MrPresident1:

I love the Most High God with all my heart, with all my soul and with all my mind; this is why I am able to recognize that you shdemidemi and Goshen360 are evil.

Now answer me like a man;

Thanks for the answer, that took some courage, didn't it?

Do you love Jesus in a similar way you love God?
Re: You Must Keep The Law! by MrPresident1: 12:26pm On Dec 12, 2014
Bidam:
Go back back to Genesis and sincerely ask yourself why Adam couldn't keep one command that God gave him. That was why God instituted the sacrifice... God himself knows Isreal couldn't keep 10 and the sacrificial law was put in place..And when Christ came, he offered himself once and for all and ended that. I agree with you that obedience to God and His word is the key to living uprightly. But it is impossible for man to keep the law of love since we are carnal. Christians are only encouraged to love one another and hence fulfill the righteous requirement of the law. That is why the efficacy of the blood of Jesus is always there to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. He is the one who made us righteous, it is not by our own power or works.

I pray The Most High will give you the push you need to break the border. All you need now is the little push for you to break forth into light, into the truth that will set you free.

JESUS CHRIST IS THE LAW OF MOSES. IT IS THE WORD OF GOD THAT CLEANSES. THE WORD OF GOD IS JESUS CHRIST.
Re: You Must Keep The Law! by MrPresident1: 12:27pm On Dec 12, 2014
shdemidemi:

Thanks for the answer, that took some courage, didn't it?

Do you love Jesus in a similar way you love God?

Re: You Must Keep The Law! by Kingdompartaker: 12:37pm On Dec 12, 2014
yet you cannot provide it. anyway Sir, do you read in your Bible that; THE LAW WAS GIVEN BY MOSES,BUT GRACE AND TRUTH CAME BY JESUS CHRIST. Now,let me share more light on the verse you gave (John 1 vs 1)

John 1 vs 1 : The plainest reason why The Son of GOD is called the WORD (Not the LAW OF MOSES as you claim) is this, We all know our words explain our minds to others, so was the SON OF GOD sent in order to REVEAL HIS FATHER'S MIND to the WORLD, (NOT THROUGH THE LAW, BUT THROUGH THE GOSPEL OF GRACE AND TRUTH).The chapter says CHRIST proves that HE IS GOD, HE asserts, HIS EXISTENCE in the beginning: HIS coexistence with the FATHER. Note: (HE IS the means NOW through which GOD REVEAL AND SPEAKS to US (HIS WORD,HIS GOSPEL and NOT THE LAW OF MOSES) see:Hebrew 1 vs 1-2. thank sir
Re: You Must Keep The Law! by MrPresident1: 12:53pm On Dec 12, 2014
Kingdompartaker:
yet you cannot provide it. anyway Sir, do you read in your Bible that; THE LAW WAS GIVEN BY MOSES,BUT GRACE AND TRUTH CAME BY JESUS CHRIST. Now,let me share more light on the verse you gave (John 1 vs 1)

John 1 vs 1 : The plainest reason why The Son of GOD is called the WORD (Not the LAW OF MOSES as you claim) is this, We all know our words explain our minds to others, so was the SON OF GOD sent in order to REVEAL HIS FATHER'S MIND to the WORLD, (NOT THROUGH THE LAW, BUT THROUGH THE GOSPEL OF GRACE AND TRUTH).The chapter says CHRIST proves that HE IS GOD, HE asserts, HIS EXISTENCE in the beginning: HIS coexistence with the FATHER. Note: (HE IS the means NOW through which GOD REVEAL AND SPEAKS to US (HIS WORD,HIS GOSPEL and NOT THE LAW OF MOSES) see:Hebrew 1 vs 1-2. thank sir

Liar.

John 3:34
For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.

Jesus Christ is the voice of God;

Jeremiah 7:22-23
22 For I spake not unto your fathers, nor commanded them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices:
23 But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you.

JESUS CHRIST IS THE VOICE OF GOD.

Get this through armour plated skull into your brain.
Re: You Must Keep The Law! by MostHigh: 1:01pm On Dec 12, 2014
Kingdompartaker:

Even though grace and truth came by Him he was no lawless man.

Because you have grace it does not give you a liscence to be lawless.

As a matter of fact quite the autere man.

Read math 5:17. grin grin
Re: You Must Keep The Law! by shdemidemi(m): 1:07pm On Dec 12, 2014
MrPresident1:

I wish I could tell you I love God with all of my heart- Only you and Jesus can make such claims.

I can't make such claim because I am weak in my flesh. Even as I love God I still love self. God demand that I hate self like Jesus did, by subjecting self to disdain to the glory of God.

I am in a relationship with God, a relationship that increases my trust and my love daily as I study His word to know more of Him.

Do you also love Christ with all of your heart?
Re: You Must Keep The Law! by shdemidemi(m): 1:14pm On Dec 12, 2014
MrPresident1:

I pray The Most High will give you the push you need to break the border. All you need now is the little push for you to break forth into light, into the truth that will set you free.

JESUS CHRIST IS THE LAW OF MOSES. IT IS THE WORD OF GOD THAT CLEANSES. THE WORD OF GOD IS JESUS CHRIST.

Lol grin grin All he needs is a little shove, isn't it?

Don't mix the word of God up to your destruction.
Hebrews 1
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son,

The old Testament laws isn't Christ but a shadow of what is to come by Christ. The reincarnated Word is the gospel of Jesus in the last days and not what was written aforetime.
Re: You Must Keep The Law! by MostHigh: 1:29pm On Dec 12, 2014
shdemidemi:

Lol grin grin All he needs is a little shove, isn't it?

Don't mix the word of God up to your destruction.
Hebrews 1
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son,

The old Testament laws isn't Christ but a shadow of what is to come by Christ. The reincarnated Word is the gospel of Jesus in the last days and not what was written aforetime.

Lawless son of the lawless man.

Christ obeyed the Law, whats your beef.

Lazybones. grin grin grin
Re: You Must Keep The Law! by Kingdompartaker: 1:31pm On Dec 12, 2014
@ MRPRESIDENT1 @MOSTHIGH

Deuteronomy 18 vs 15 -19

OBVIOUSLY,This prophecy has been fulfilled concerning (JESUS CHRIST) that there should come a PROPHET, great above all the prophets; by whom GOD would make known HIMSELF and HIS WILL (NOT THROUGH THE LAW OF MOSES) to the children of men, more fully and clearly than HE had ever done before., JESUS CHRIST is the LIGHT of the world (John 8 vs 12 and HE is the Word/ World by whom GOD speaks to us,(John 1 vs: 1: Heb 1 vs 2.(1) In HIS birth HE should be one of their nation,(2) In HIS resurrection HE should be raised up at Jerusalem, and (MOST IMPORTANTLY) HIS DOCTRINE should go forth to all the World (Mat 28 vs 19-20). Now,GOD, having raised up HIS SON (JESUS CHRIST) to bless us (NOT THROUGH THE LAW OF MOSES, BUT THROUGH THE GOSPEL), SAID, HE, should be like MOSES, only above him. This Prophet who is JESUS CHRIST is come. The view of GOD which HE gives, will not terrify or overwhelm, but encourages us, HE speaks with fatherly affection and divine authority united. (Note: Whoever refuses to LISTEN AND OBEY, JESUS CHRIST AND HIS GOSPEL, shall find it at his peril: the same Prophet is to be HIS judge, (John 12 vs 48). Woe unto them you refuses to Hearken to HIS VOICE, TO ACCEPT HIS SALVATION, OR YIELD OBEDIENCE TO HIS GOSPEL. This is the Word of GOD,

Lastly: FAILURE TO OBEY AND LISTEN TO THE GOSPEL WILL RESULT IN ETERNAL PERDITION (2 THES 1 VS cool
Our LORD JESUS CHRIST will in that appear from HEAVEN, HE will come in HIS GLORY AND POWER, HIS light will be piercing, and HIS POWER consuming, This appearance will be terrible to those that KNOW NOT GOD, especially to those WHO REBEL AGAINST REVELATION,(BENT ON KEEPING THE LAW OF MOSES, the law they fail themselves to keep) and OBEY NOT THE GOSPEL of Our LORD JESUS CHRIST. This is the great crime of multitudes, THE GOSPEL IS REVEALED; and they will NOT BELIEVE, they will NOT OBEY IT. Here lies there reward:
There are (2) Two classes of people to be judged according to this Scriptural verse:
1. They that know not God—that put forth no effort to know or understand HIM, AFTER HE HAS MADE IS WILL KNOW IN JESUS AND HIS GOSPEL (FALSE TEACHERS) (2 Cor. 4:4; Matthew 13:19)
2. They that obey not the gospel—that put forth no effort to obey it (FALSE PREACHERS, COVETOUS PEOPLE) (John 3:17-20,36; Acts 7:51; Romans 1:21-32)

HE WHO HAS AN EAR,LET HIM HEAR WHAT THE SPIRIT SAYS TO THE CHURCHES (REV 2 VS 17: MK 4 VS 23). PEACE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

This Thread Will Shake The Foundations Of Your Beliefs(Pictures Included)) / Prayer For All First Borns!!!(mfm) / WHAT IS BROTHERHOOD OF THE CROSS AND STAR...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.