Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,820 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb - Politics (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb (106360 Views)

Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) / Speaker Aminu Tambuwal, APC Candidacy In Court / Speaker Aminu Tambuwal Campaigns For Buhari And Osinbajo (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Sheriffc(m): 3:31pm On Nov 20, 2014
This is MADNESS! I hope the President knows what this could do to our democracy. Incase he wants to still remain in AsoRock, he should do the needful and stop acting like ODE....This Madness, a very wrong move at that, could lay a veritable excuse for the Khaki boys to halt our democracy of 16 years. Who is advising this President? This is absolutely a wrong move no matter hw one looks at it.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Whitehorse: 3:31pm On Nov 20, 2014
abes:

Hey, you cannot quote Sub-Section 68(1)(a)-(h) without quoting Sub-Section 68(2) which gives action/power to 68(1)(a)-(h);

Now according to 68(2), it is NOT you, me, the police, the President that has the constitutional power to give effect to subsection 68(1), it is the SPEAKER (in the case of HOA) that has the constitutional right to give effect provided there is a SATISFACTORY EVIDENCE.

subsection 68(1) is not automatic.

The constitution is clear.

Thank you sir for that.

Yes, in that respect, Tambuwal should/would not preside over such a session right? He can not be judge and jury over his own case.

If Tambuwal was an honest man, with integrity, he would have tabled his defection at the begin of discussing in the HOR, stepped aside to allow his deputy to head that session and let the house decide, but he was not honest, lacked integrity and was selfish, like all the politicians we have in Nigeria...

This is the result of his duplicity and PDP determination (and desperation) not to be used and dumped.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by hugoart(m): 3:31pm On Nov 20, 2014
Curlieweed:

I no go "higher institution". Is there a law that makes that a crime?
No wonder you're ignorant of even the simplest of things.
IGNORANT SIMPLETON.

And there should be a law that makes it a crime.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 20, 2014
Ipledge:
So Lagos na your papa land...you are very foolish...if na ur papa born u,they quote me,if you won't regret ever joining Nairaland

SEE THIS UGLY YORUBA IDIAT TALKING.

FOOLISH COW. undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by akira1991(m): 3:32pm On Nov 20, 2014
Only God can deliver this country from this heartless drunk from south south.. No wonder the USA refused to sell CHopper to Nigerian army. GEJ Is a dictator shine ur eyes Niaja

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Bimpe29: 3:33pm On Nov 20, 2014
This is uncalled for, undue interference, and sheer clampdown on the parliamentarians.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by abula112(m): 3:33pm On Nov 20, 2014
if u ask me..I'll say obasanjo@work...baba dn secretly port to apc....now he is paralysing pdp by decamping its major power to apc...pdp dn lose 2015 for sure.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by lekikosky(m): 3:34pm On Nov 20, 2014
I have seen a dictator in civillian form. Na wah o. Democracy will never mature in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Deapexboy(m): 3:34pm On Nov 20, 2014
jamesandrew:

I keep seeing this comparison with Mimiko. Get this straight: Mimiko is a governor and Tambuwal is a member of the House of Reps, these are different positions! The Constitution provides specifically that a member of the House of Reps loses his seat if he becomes a member of another political party. (Section 68(g) of the 1999 Constitution).This section is crystal clear. Stop calling Mimiko who is a governor. The section does not apply to governors!

young man! D constitution u quote said if only 2/3 of the members vote against him.....

Ewu get ur fact correct
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 20, 2014
This is very undignified. Good god, the embarrassment.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by dustydee: 3:36pm On Nov 20, 2014
chukwudi44:

Lol which NASS members? Abeg no make me laugh. If Tambuwal wants to test ife he still has powers let he try summoning the IGP and see if he will honour him.

What is wrong is wrong. Stop promoting this type of behaviour.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Nobody: 3:37pm On Nov 20, 2014
Where is this country heading? And my uncle said I should come to Abuja for Christmas. Ha! Who wan die.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Nobody: 3:38pm On Nov 20, 2014
Juicypunny:

SEE THIS [b]UGLY YORUBA [/b]IDIAT TALKING.

FOOLISH COW. undecided
Because ur papa carry u commot from ur erosion region doesn't make you a lagosian....@ bolded,that is why you can't put ur pix...
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by abula112(m): 3:38pm On Nov 20, 2014
;Dif u ask me..I'll say obasanjo@work...baba dn secretly port to apc....now he is paralysing pdp by decamping its major power to apc...pdp dn lose 2015 for sure.....
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by abes(m): 3:38pm On Nov 20, 2014
Whitehorse:

Thank you sir for that.

Yes, in that respect, Tambuwal should/would not preside over such a session right? He can not be judge and jury over his own case.

If Tambuwal was an honest man, with integrity, he would have tabled his defection at the begin of discussing in the HOR, stepped aside to allow his deputy to head that session and let the house decide, but he was not honest, lacked integrity and was selfish, like all the politicians we have in Nigeria...

This is the result of his duplicity and PDP determination (and desperation) not to be used and dumped.

All you stated above is not in the constitution.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by bobbylegend(m): 3:41pm On Nov 20, 2014
[qu[color=#006600][/color]ote author=ionsman post=28184324]
You are a coward...He should be shot right? Infact....

When your president is clueless,I expect you to show monumental cluelessness......You think like an illiterate. [/quote][quote][/quote]

Only clueless people makes this type of comments. Keep pointing fingers Prof. clueless
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 20, 2014
smiley

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Drahmah: 3:41pm On Nov 20, 2014
ZACHIE:

Is Mimiko still Governor of Ondo State? YES.

Warped minds.
I'm not in support of the use of force to dethrone any government, but I wanna correct your impression on mimiko's case.

Mimiko was ELECTED by the PEOPLE of ondo state so he has every right to remain in power even after defecting from the LP. His mandate was given to him by the PEOPLE OF ONDO, not the PDP.

In Tambuwal's case, he was elected speaker by the majority party, the PDP . He got his mandate from the PDP so I think he automatically loses his speakership by reason of his defection to the APC.

If you know your constitution, then you also know that the office of the Governor is covered by great immunity. When the constitution says whatever member of the national assembly that defects from his original party on whose platform he was elected into office, it doesn't say the same for the office of the Governor.

I hope that was clear enough

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by ionsman: 3:41pm On Nov 20, 2014
Pennyways:
send him a letter to do what? send him a letter telling him that the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria is no longer effective, or telling him he (Tambuwal) is superior over the national constitution?

what was the letter all about?
Guess you are unaware that the president sent the senate president and tambuwal a letter concerning the extension of the emergency rule in the affected states.That was the reason for today's sitting.
So my questions is,if the president doesn't see him as the speaker,why did he send him the letter?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Nobody: 3:42pm On Nov 20, 2014
dustydee:

What is wrong is wrong. Stop promoting this type of behaviour.

Tambuwal is no longer speaker and has no such powers.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by adebayour26: 3:42pm On Nov 20, 2014
Sweetlemon:

I just knew this! I knew some pathetic GEJ supporters will still find a way of blaming his "enemies" for this.

What makes you think you are right about what you said now?
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Nobody: 3:42pm On Nov 20, 2014
APC has only succeeded in religiously dividing the country the truth is that each side of the divide is now determined more than ever to win the 2015 election strictly on religious lines, but I fear most for we the yourbas we are the most venerable. No form of evidence u can present to the average northerner or southerner their mind is made up.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by leviizu: 3:42pm On Nov 20, 2014
GeneralBK:

I love you

#nohomo
na to harass civilians them sabi
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Cubeet2: 3:42pm On Nov 20, 2014
Ipledge:
Because ur papa carry u commot from ur erosion region doesn't make you a lagosian....@ bolded,that is why you can't put ur pix...
What are you insinuating?
Does Lagos have any resources? Lagos is only booming cos its a business/commercial centre.
Answer me and dont lie, which tribe is holding the pillars of business in Lagos?
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 20, 2014
Sincerely . . . If this is the transformation of the system mr president is laying claim to, then he might have to be prepared for a worse outing during elections . . . I just cant believe this is the best way you get back to percieved foes.
#Indeed there was a country
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 20, 2014
ionsman:

Guess you are unaware that the president sent the senate present and tambuwal a letter concerning the extension of the emergency rule in the affected states.That was the reason for today's sitting.
So my questions is,if the president doesn't see him as the speaker,why did he send him the letter?

There is nothing to prove GEJ sent any letter to Tambuwal
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by deletrue: 3:43pm On Nov 20, 2014
smileandlove:
. Sir your assertion is wrong, the house elects for its self a speaker ie (1st among equals) and the speaker is from the house and NOT any political party. In other words, the members elects who they want irrespective of the party. But what happens is that the party that has the majority will always win, because all members will vote one person.
But this issue is very simple. Ask yourself whether it was possible for the house members to elect the speaker from the minority? Is it possible? Would all the members accept that? Would you, assuming you a majority member in the house and considering the fact that majority wins the race in democracy. Na simple thing.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by deletrue: 3:43pm On Nov 20, 2014
smileandlove:
. Sir your assertion is wrong, the house elects for its self a speaker ie (1st among equals) and the speaker is from the house and NOT any political party. In other words, the members elects who they want irrespective of the party. But what happens is that the party that has the majority will always win, because all members will vote one person.
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Objektive: 3:44pm On Nov 20, 2014
WHERE IS JONATHAN IN ALL THIS? RASCALS IN MALAM CLOTHING

muktarmtt:
Chai god love dis tambuwal he always wins despite d soldiers nd police tears gas he finally enter d house by b help of his member both PDP nd APC nd d rest shame on u GEJ we will surely vote u out mark dis
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by atinukedam(f): 3:45pm On Nov 20, 2014
bitterpenis:
Anything goes in the government to cling to power by any means necessary.... riots would surely follow if true Tambuwal is denied entry into the complex, or removed as the speaker of the national assembly
really!!!! So wat re u waitin for, oya nah go start ur riot nah,dey wil jst kil u lik a dog,ode mofoooooo
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 20, 2014
Ipledge:

FOOL ODE NI BOBO YI
I'M NOT LIVING IN POVERTY STRICKEN OSUN, OYO, ONDO, EKITI AND OGUN

LAGOS IS A NO MAN LAND.

WEREY
Re: Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb by ionsman: 3:45pm On Nov 20, 2014
bobbylegend:
[qu[color=#006600][/color]ote author=ionsman post=28184324]
You are a coward...He should be shot right? Infact....

When your president is clueless,I expect you to show monumental cluelessness......You think like an illiterate.

Only clueless people makes this type of comments. Keep pointing fingers Prof. clueless
Go back to the hole you came out from.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (32) (Reply)

Photos Of Cancer-Stricken Diezani Alison-madueke With Dele Momodu / Fati Attahiru: Wife Of Chief Of Army Staff At National Mosque For Husband Burial / PDP NATIONAL CONVENTION 2018: Result As Announced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.