Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

RIM To Release "Blackberry Classic"-with The Ability To Install Android Apps - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / RIM To Release "Blackberry Classic"-with The Ability To Install Android Apps (5959 Views)

Blackberry Release Blackberry Z30 With 5 Inches Of Display / Rim To Release Blackberry Messenger (BBM) App On Iphone And Android / RIM To Introduce New Blackberry 10 Devices On January 30. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RIM To Release "Blackberry Classic"-with The Ability To Install Android Apps by nurez305(m): 11:21am On Nov 21, 2014
If you said blackberry is dead, that mean you have never see the work of my z30...
Re: RIM To Release "Blackberry Classic"-with The Ability To Install Android Apps by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 21, 2014
C'mon guys.. this is not a matter of Poor and Rich. I have a Tecno F6 and an iPhone 6| So this is not about being poor and/or rich!

An Android Remains an Android
A Blackberry remains a blackberry

You may be able to install some Android Apps on your Blackberry does not make it Android because some Android Apps require a full pledged Android Device. E.g Device with root access! Do you root your blackberry?

Things a real Android would do and a blackberry would never:

- Install a custom ROM/OS
- Install a custom boot image - if you are a dev, you can use your picture and your favorite music as your boot image
- Partition your SD Card
- Backup your entire Operating System
- Run Terminal commands with Terminal Applications
- Port a ROM for another device to your device - if you are a good developer
- Port an application for another OS Version Android 4.4 to your Android 4.0 device
- Modify/Tweak system settings like CPU Governor, CPU Speed, Overclock etc..
And so on that your Blackberry would not do. The reason why your blackberry operates Android apps is because Android Apps are written in Java and a little C# and Blackberry is also based on Java so it can be easily ported does not make it an Android Device.

There are Android devices which cost N150,000 e.g HTC One X Pro. => Android 5.0 So what are we saying? There is a tweak i saw(and it worked for me) on porting iOS apps(iPhone apps) to Android phone, i was doing it but at a time, i had to buy an iPhone coz iPhone remains iPhone.

So guys, if you need the Android Experience, get an Android Device! Android Remains Android! BlackBerry Remains Blackberry! No matter what!

2 Likes

Re: RIM To Release "Blackberry Classic"-with The Ability To Install Android Apps by Kericoo(m): 2:50pm On Nov 21, 2014
coolsix:
C'mon guys.. this is not a matter of Poor and Rich. I have a Tecno F6 and an iPhone 6| So this is not about being poor and/or rich!

An Android Remains an Android
A Blackberry remains a blackberry

You may be able to install some Android Apps on your Blackberry does not make it Android because some Android Apps require a full pledged Android Device. E.g Device with root access! Do you root your blackberry?

Things a real Android would do and a blackberry would never:

- Install a custom ROM/OS
- Install a custom boot image - if you are a dev, you can use your picture and your favorite music as your boot image
- Partition your SD Card
- Backup your entire Operating System
- Run Terminal commands with Terminal Applications
- Port a ROM for another device to your device - if you are a good developer
- Port an application for another OS Version Android 4.4 to your Android 4.0 device
- Modify/Tweak system settings like CPU Governor, CPU Speed, Overclock etc..
And so on that your Blackberry would not do. The reason why your blackberry operates Android apps is because Android Apps are written in Java and a little C# and Blackberry is also based on Java so it can be easily ported does not make it an Android Device.

There are Android devices which cost N150,000 e.g HTC One X Pro. => Android 5.0 So what are we saying? There is a tweak i saw(and it worked for me) on porting iOS apps(iPhone apps) to Android phone, i was doing it but at a time, i had to buy an iPhone coz iPhone remains iPhone.

So guys, if you need the Android Experience, get an Android Device! Android Remains Android! BlackBerry Remains Blackberry! No matter what!

Pls are there not things that Blackberry can do that Androids don't do? Jst asking
Re: RIM To Release "Blackberry Classic"-with The Ability To Install Android Apps by Nobody: 3:49pm On Nov 21, 2014
Kericoo:

Pls are there not things that Blackberry can do that Androids don't do? Jst asking

Of course... Yes
Re: RIM To Release "Blackberry Classic"-with The Ability To Install Android Apps by slinkman(m): 3:53pm On Nov 21, 2014
rim is dead, they are making Android phones now. grin grin
Re: RIM To Release "Blackberry Classic"-with The Ability To Install Android Apps by samsard(m): 4:06pm On Nov 21, 2014
Godvilla:
If its not an Android device it can never be an Android device.
Wake me up wen bb can install high graphics games and root access apps...
High graphics games? Yes; root access apps? no!!!! and that's because BlackBerry emphasize "security" as key coz it's niche market is enterprise. besides, it's not everyone that wants a toy.
Re: RIM To Release "Blackberry Classic"-with The Ability To Install Android Apps by samsard(m): 4:09pm On Nov 21, 2014
starbhooy:
Tank u jare ,d guy no get sense, u knt even compare bb passport wif tecno phantom pad mini!
WTF!!!!!! BlackBerry Passport with Tecno phantom pad? you are a serious joker. next time you'll say that phantom A plus is better than IPhone 6...
Re: RIM To Release "Blackberry Classic"-with The Ability To Install Android Apps by samsard(m): 4:12pm On Nov 21, 2014
jayhk:
my tecno h6 kills ure fuckin z30 anytym anyday Lol!
A friend owns a H6 and I a Z10, can't even compare both talk less of Z30....
Re: RIM To Release "Blackberry Classic"-with The Ability To Install Android Apps by samsard(m): 4:15pm On Nov 21, 2014
Collinz2:
point of correct nt all tecno product (phantom z and r7) and bb10 users dnt have android right why?
u cant root
u cant customize
u cant unlock bootloader (i dnt think bb have it)
u cant change boot animation
u cant change boot sound
u cant uninstall ur system app
u cant tweak ur bb ui
u cant change ur imei
u cant patch bb app to make it premium
u cant port rom
u cant install custom rom
u cant install recovery image
u cant creat swap file
if i continue u go throway ur bb

so nt bcus ur phone install android app doesnt make it android.
It's BlackBerry OS10 with Android runtime on it.... nobody is saying it's a droid. plus we are not all customization freaks.
Re: RIM To Release "Blackberry Classic"-with The Ability To Install Android Apps by samsard(m): 4:16pm On Nov 21, 2014
The comments on this thread show am appalling level of ignorance.
Re: RIM To Release "Blackberry Classic"-with The Ability To Install Android Apps by ITbomb(m): 7:15pm On Nov 21, 2014
Collinz2:
point of correct nt all tecno product (phantom z and r7) and bb10 users dnt have android right why?
u cant root
u cant customize
u cant unlock bootloader (i dnt think bb have it)
u cant change boot animation
u cant change boot sound
u cant uninstall ur system app
u cant tweak ur bb ui
u cant change ur imei
u cant patch bb app to make it premium
u cant port rom
u cant install custom rom
u cant install recovery image
u cant creat swap file
if i continue u go throway ur bb

so nt bcus ur phone install android app doesnt make it android.
Posts like this makes Apple fans laugh at us. Apple and RIM will never allow you do all these because of the security risks. Their platform has a security consciousness, that is why it is favoured by high level business transactions and government.
So to get a blackberry that gives you access to thousands of applications on the Android platform while feeling at home with the inherent security enhanced design of the BB is an added advantage
Re: RIM To Release "Blackberry Classic"-with The Ability To Install Android Apps by Collinz2(m): 7:51pm On Nov 21, 2014
ITbomb:

Posts like this makes Apple fans laugh at us. Apple and RIM will never allow you do all these because of the security risks. Their platform has a security consciousness, that is why it is favoured by high level business transactions and government.
So to get a blackberry that gives you access to thousands of applications on the Android platform while feeling at home with the inherent security enhanced design of the BB is an added advantage
thats why it is called open source. Bb and apple are nt open source

1 Like

Re: RIM To Release "Blackberry Classic"-with The Ability To Install Android Apps by Collinz2(m): 7:55pm On Nov 21, 2014
samsard:
It's BlackBerry OS10 with Android runtime on it.... nobody is saying it's a droid. plus we are not all customization freaks.
bt bb user always say their phone can do wht android can do bcus u can install their apps.

1 Like

Re: RIM To Release "Blackberry Classic"-with The Ability To Install Android Apps by Nobody: 10:46pm On Nov 21, 2014
samsard:
High graphics games? Yes; root access apps? no!!!! and that's because BlackBerry emphasize "security" as key coz it's niche market is enterprise. besides, it's not everyone that wants a toy.
Speaking of toy, Blackberry is the best toy ever produced. I'll choose an iPhone ova BB anytym anyday.
Btw, BB security has been broken severally on most of their devicestoys.
Wake me up wen BB plays wild blood or Asphalt 8.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RIM To Release "Blackberry Classic"-with The Ability To Install Android Apps by Nobody: 10:52pm On Nov 21, 2014
ITbomb:

Hahahah... Ever heard of Jail breaking a.k.a prison break on IOS?
U are lost Mr. Man.... U just dnt knw wat u are talking abt

2 Likes

Re: RIM To Release "Blackberry Classic"-with The Ability To Install Android Apps by Collinz2(m): 11:02pm On Nov 21, 2014
Godvilla:
Hahahah... Ever heard of Jail breaking a.k.a prison break on IOS?
U are lost Mr. Man.... U just dnt knw wat u are talking abt
gringringrin IF U CHECK VERY WELL NA BOLD 2 THE GUY DEY USE

2 Likes

Re: RIM To Release "Blackberry Classic"-with The Ability To Install Android Apps by pators(m): 11:17pm On Nov 21, 2014
u guys avnt met gud freaks ....go to alaba int. u will know bb is a junky mobile
Re: RIM To Release "Blackberry Classic"-with The Ability To Install Android Apps by cjudy(m): 2:06am On Nov 22, 2014
Collinz2:
gringringrin IF U CHECK VERY WELL NA BOLD 2 THE GUY DEY USE
sorry for u

Re: RIM To Release "Blackberry Classic"-with The Ability To Install Android Apps by cjudy(m): 2:07am On Nov 22, 2014
Maybe u think am freaking poor like u
Re: RIM To Release "Blackberry Classic"-with The Ability To Install Android Apps by cjudy(m): 2:08am On Nov 22, 2014
sorry for u part2

Re: RIM To Release "Blackberry Classic"-with The Ability To Install Android Apps by Collinz2(m): 7:19am On Nov 22, 2014
cjudy:
sorry for u part2
lame design

1 Like

Re: RIM To Release "Blackberry Classic"-with The Ability To Install Android Apps by Collinz2(m): 7:20am On Nov 22, 2014
cjudy:
Maybe u think am freaking poor like u
u are very rich na
Re: RIM To Release "Blackberry Classic"-with The Ability To Install Android Apps by Bosun13: 8:03am On Nov 22, 2014
I used htc one but lag, my frnd use galaxy s4 but lags, my boss used sony z2 but lags ........... Mmmmmmmm!!!!!! But do u think is evrybdy like lagging OS no. Forget abt twik or rooting or whtever. Blv me not evrybdy hav tym to be twiking or rooting d phone thants y celebrities choose iphone just simple OS and vry fliud. And same as b lackberry 10 so so so fluid OS no lagging no hanging pls just try BB10 for ur slf and see b4 compare it to any android phone. I hate lagging in my life and I like bb hub system and keyboards and bb battery is everlasting and security is super
Re: RIM To Release "Blackberry Classic"-with The Ability To Install Android Apps by Collinz2(m): 8:50am On Nov 22, 2014
Bosun13 stop talking sh|t, my dad use nokia x with 512 ram bt no lag why? He jst use the phone the way nokia made it no app was installed on it and the phone work smoothly. And celebrity uses iphone bcuz its a big name and far more xpensive and u hardly see people using it.

2 Likes

Re: RIM To Release "Blackberry Classic"-with The Ability To Install Android Apps by slinkman(m): 9:49am On Nov 22, 2014
Bosun13:
I used htc one but lag, my frnd use galaxy s4 but lags, my boss used sony z2 but lags ........... Mmmmmmmm!!!!!! But do u think is evrybdy like lagging OS no. Forget abt twik or rooting or whtever. Blv me not evrybdy hav tym to be twiking or rooting d phone thants y celebrities choose iphone just simple OS and vry fliud. And same as b lackberry 10 so so so fluid OS no lagging no hanging pls just try BB10 for ur slf and see b4 compare it to any android phone. I hate lagging in my life and I like bb hub system and keyboards and bb battery is everlasting and security is super
in the dream na. lol, if android was lagging, it wouldnt have been the best phone in the World for 5 consecutive years straight. htcs. even second and third best phones are still android phones. blackberry has never made top 10. iphone 6 is number 5 and 6 . you should be the one to wake up.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RIM To Release "Blackberry Classic"-with The Ability To Install Android Apps by pators(m): 5:05pm On Nov 22, 2014
bro get a gud lumia Nokia nd u will know blackberry is crap
Re: RIM To Release "Blackberry Classic"-with The Ability To Install Android Apps by samsard(m): 2:42am On Nov 24, 2014
Godvilla:
Speaking of toy, Blackberry is the best toy ever produced. I'll choose an iPhone ova BB anytym anyday.
Btw, BB security has been broken severally on most of their devicestoys.
Wake me up wen BB plays wild blood or Asphalt 8.
Did I hear you say that BlackBerry security has been broken severally? job.... The safest OS is by far BlackBerry. and o, BlackBerry OS10 plays Asphalt 8 and it's on BlackBerry World. how do I know? I use a Z10
Re: RIM To Release "Blackberry Classic"-with The Ability To Install Android Apps by samsard(m): 2:54am On Nov 24, 2014
slinkman:
in the dream na. lol, if android was lagging, it wouldnt have been the best phone in the World for 5 consecutive years straight. htcs. even second and third best phones are still android phones. blackberry has never made top 10. iphone 6 is number 5 and 6 . you should be the one to wake up.
If you don't know android phones lag, you have a problem of low standards. that's the reason why iSheeps call it "lag droid". Androids are popular primarily because of pricing, varieties, etc and not because of it doesn't lag. Most basic smartphone users don't have such high standards and are hardly power users.
Re: RIM To Release "Blackberry Classic"-with The Ability To Install Android Apps by slinkman(m): 6:12am On Nov 24, 2014
samsard:
If you don't know android phones lag, you have a problem of low standards. that's the reason why iSheeps call it "lag droid". Androids are popular primarily because of pricing, varieties, etc and not because of it doesn't lag. Most basic smartphone users don't have such high standards and are hardly power users.
and yet it keeps winning best phone in the World? . you must be high. Android Doesn't lag. it never has. stop getting yourself Chinese lowend piece of shii and call it Android

2 Likes

Re: RIM To Release "Blackberry Classic"-with The Ability To Install Android Apps by samsard(m): 10:36am On Nov 25, 2014
slinkman:
and yet it keeps winning best phone in the World? . you must be high. Android Doesn't lag. it never has. stop getting yourself Chinese lowend piece of shii and call it Android
Dude, be it low end or high end ; droids lag.
Re: RIM To Release "Blackberry Classic"-with The Ability To Install Android Apps by slinkman(m): 12:04pm On Nov 25, 2014
samsard:
Dude, be it low end or high end ; droids lag.
false information
Re: RIM To Release "Blackberry Classic"-with The Ability To Install Android Apps by martineverest(m): 12:24pm On Nov 25, 2014
U keep posting lame comment esp 'android being d best phones'.....have u ever imagine android specs on windows or apple devices.....iphone 4 and lumia 630 have 512mb of ram and dey beat android phones of 1gb ram.......,,,it seems u havent heard of 'lagdroid' or maybe u only use ur fone for social networking esp pinging....when u use ur phone for heavy task,u ll hate android..........android dorminace is ending as d smoothest os is about to launch a ground breaking windows 10
slinkman:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See How To Activate 100% Double Data Bonus On MTN, 9mobile, Airtel And Glo / Evil Stuffs You've Used Your Phone IR Blaster For? / How To Root Tecno Pop 1 AKA Tecno F3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.