Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

China Signs Largest Ever Overseas Deal With Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / China Signs Largest Ever Overseas Deal With Nigeria (872 Views)

China Signs Deal With Africa's Richest Man, Aliko Dangote / The Walls Of Benin - Mankind's Largest EVER Construction / China Signs $23 Billion Oil Deal (3 New Refineries) With Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

China Signs Largest Ever Overseas Deal With Nigeria by Nobody: 8:22pm On Nov 20, 2014
China Railway Construction Corp. Ltd. (CRCC) signed the official construction contract with the Nigerian government on Wednesday in Abuja, the Xinhua news agency said.The Nigerian railway will stretch for 1,402 kilometres (871 miles) along the coast, linking Lagos, the financial capital of Africa's largest economy and leading oil producer, and Calabar in the east, according to the report.The $11.97 billion deal marks China's largest single overseas contract project so far, it said, citing CRCC.The news came two weeks after Mexico cancelleda $3.75 billion bullet train deal only days after it was signed with a Chinese-led consortium headedby CRCC -- the sole bidder -- reportedly due to concerns about transparency.CRCC chairman Meng Fengchao said the Nigeria project will adopt Chinese technological standardsand lead to $4 billion-worth of Chinese exports of construction machinery, trains, steel products and other equipment, Xinhua said.It will create up to 200,000 local jobs during the construction and a further 30,000 positions once the line is operational, he said."It is a mutually beneficial project," Meng was quoted by Xinhua as saying.Trains will travel at a maximum speed of 120 kilometres per hour on the link, the report added.China has dramatically stepped up its presence onthe African continent in recent decades as it seeksmore resources and new markets for its economy.Trade between China and Nigeria totalled $13.6 billion last year.Chinese Premier Li Keqiang promised more investment and more Chinese technical expertise during a visit earlier this year.http://www.timeslive.co.za/africa/2014/11/20/china-railway-construction-corp-signs-12bn-deal-to-build-nigerian-railway
Re: China Signs Largest Ever Overseas Deal With Nigeria by theorbiters: 8:27pm On Nov 20, 2014
Amen to that
Re: China Signs Largest Ever Overseas Deal With Nigeria by notobs: 8:39pm On Nov 20, 2014
wonderful, GEJ just got my vote for next year, But let them bring it all the way to calabar - o ! make ino be like the East west road that stoped in oron, Akwa Ibom And Now needs a new contract to extend it to calabar. I will be watching thiis project as na him go determine whether i vote PDP or SDP
Re: China Signs Largest Ever Overseas Deal With Nigeria by Nobody: 8:47pm On Nov 20, 2014
gud one
Re: China Signs Largest Ever Overseas Deal With Nigeria by davitogreat(m): 8:52pm On Nov 20, 2014
notobs:
wonderful, GEJ just got my vote for next year, But let them bring it all the way to calabar - o ! make ino be like the East west road that stoped in oron, Akwa Ibom And Now needs a new contract to extend it to calabar. I will be watching thiis project as na him go determine whether i vote PDP or SDP

The east west road has been extended to calabar. Funds have already been released for the construction of the road.

Plus this railway is from Lagos to calabar. So cross river won't be left behind.
Re: China Signs Largest Ever Overseas Deal With Nigeria by notobs: 10:35pm On Nov 20, 2014
davitogreat:

The east west road has been extended to calabar. Funds have already been released for the construction of the road.

Plus this railway is from Lagos to calabar. So cross river won't be left behind.
extending it on paper is not the same thing as constructing the road, from edo state to Akwa Ibom the East west road exist though at various level of construction, but the road is there, But nothing exist on ground from Oron to the calabar axis.
I know they said they signed the contract to extend the East west road, for me seeing is believing. I wan to see work start on this coastal railway period.

(1) (Reply)

Group Warm Up To Protest Against Police Invasion Of National Assembly / Pdp Nwc Cancels Ogun Governorship Primaries. / APC And Their Boko Haram Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.