Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,507 members, 7,958,540 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 04:46 PM

How Do I Tell My Boss That I Want To Quit? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do I Tell My Boss That I Want To Quit? (1065 Views)

I Got This For Asking My Boss My February Salary / How Can I Tell My Boss To Stop Spamming My Phone? / I Am A Virgin And My Boss Wants To Have Sex With Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Tell My Boss That I Want To Quit? by Nduwin(f): 9:39pm On Nov 20, 2014
Pls friends I need ur sincere opinions and ideas on this; I work with a table water factory as a production manager without a clear job descriptions because I am every where,I work as a cashier, store administrator, production manager, quality control, secretarial work etc I am tired of d stress and d job is not giving me space at all to find a better job because I took d job initially to keep myself busy while awaiting a better one but for d past 4yrs I had no time for anything at all,I am so buried in d job as if d pay is encouraging and I am tired of this. My problem now is that I need to quit,I intend to tell d director when he comes around in 2wks time that I will quit by d end of d yr but I don't know how to put it to him without hurting him and secondly, I don't want to feel so important.pls advice me on how to present it to him.
Re: How Do I Tell My Boss That I Want To Quit? by kajoula(m): 10:07pm On Nov 20, 2014
Make sure uve saved enough for your upkeep and bear it in mind that
"work nor eazy to come by oo".
Whenever he comes around, be bold enough to tell him that u wld need an increase in salary, grin maybe u take some spirit if ure the jrtty type grin ......i gues this is a better scope.
if your pay iznt increase by the end of december..then ul officially place your resignition by January... iguess with this nobody will be offended. undecided

Best of luck ...niqqa !
Re: How Do I Tell My Boss That I Want To Quit? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Nov 20, 2014
Sir, I'm sorry to tell you this, but i think it's time for me to make an important decision for my future. I'm going to be leaving by the end of year so i can focus on my other plans. I'm sorry to tell you this late, but i hope it gives you enough time to find a replacement.
Please let me know if there's any other thing i should know.
Re: How Do I Tell My Boss That I Want To Quit? by Texykool: 10:17pm On Nov 20, 2014
At gun point
Re: How Do I Tell My Boss That I Want To Quit? by Nobody: 11:57pm On Nov 20, 2014
Tell him nothing, just tender your resignation letter and quit.
Re: How Do I Tell My Boss That I Want To Quit? by Nduwin(f): 8:43am On Nov 21, 2014
kajoula:
Make sure uve saved enough for your upkeep and bear it in mind that
"work nor eazy to come by oo".
Whenever he comes around, be bold enough to tell him that u wld need an increase in salary, grin maybe u take some spirit if ure the jrtty type grin ......i gues this is a better scope.
if your pay iznt increase by the end of december..then ul officially place your resignition by January... iguess with this nobody will be offended. undecided

Best of luck ...niqqa !

I actually set up a little biz sept last yr,with financial assistance from 2 of my siblings,i hv returned d money back to them now,I hv a sales girl there and I make more than my salary from d biz.so I hv something to fall back on.I knew it will not be easy that's y I decided to create a biz for myself b4 I leave since no good job is forth coming.I don't want to bring salary increase into it so they won't feel am greedy and they feel as a young lady I don't hv responsibilities. Thanks sis!
Re: How Do I Tell My Boss That I Want To Quit? by Nduwin(f): 8:46am On Nov 21, 2014
charix:
Tell him nothing, just tender your resignation letter and quit.
That will be too harsh on him.I don't want to destroy our family relationship.thanks anyways for ur comment!
Re: How Do I Tell My Boss That I Want To Quit? by Nduwin(f): 8:58am On Nov 21, 2014
goofyone:
Sir, I'm sorry to tell you this, but i think it's time for me to make an important decision for my future. I'm going to be leaving by the end of year so i can focus on my other plans. I'm sorry to tell you this late, but i hope it gives you enough time to find a replacement.
Please let me know if there's any other thing i should know.
Thanks bros!
Re: How Do I Tell My Boss That I Want To Quit? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Nov 21, 2014
Nduwin:

That will be too harsh on him.I don't want to destroy our family relationship.thanks anyways for ur comment!

In march next year when looking through this thread, this option'd still remain available. Shoot me a mention then and let me know if he's offered you a promotion.

(1) (Reply)

Photo; Is This Message Genuinely From Shell? Urgent Please. / Download: Adekunle Gold Full Album Here / Herbal Medicine And Natural Health Course

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.