Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

New Cultures You Learnt From Nairaland. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / New Cultures You Learnt From Nairaland. (2971 Views)

10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria / Yoruba Cultures - What You Want To Know! And What You Do Know! / Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Cultures You Learnt From Nairaland. by RedHotChic(f): 6:14am On Nov 27, 2008
What have you learnt so far about Nigerian cultures that you were not aware before you came to Nairaland whether its your own culture or another tribes culture?.

Do you think you are diversified culturally now from the little information you got here?
Re: New Cultures You Learnt From Nairaland. by H2O2: 6:15am On Nov 27, 2008
undecided
Re: New Cultures You Learnt From Nairaland. by Nobody: 6:19am On Nov 27, 2008
I barely knew anything. . . .NL surprised the heck out of me.

esp. the tribalism!! I was so surprised at the yoruba-gibo-other tribe bashing!! seriously, I had this image of a peaceful Nigeria undecided undecided I didn't even know skin color amng Nigerian ppl was so. . . .so. . . .

Anywaz sha, I'd love to learn more abt the yoruba culture!! Our proverbs, tradition, food, etc. kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: New Cultures You Learnt From Nairaland. by H2O2: 6:20am On Nov 27, 2008
grrs
Re: New Cultures You Learnt From Nairaland. by RedHotChic(f): 6:22am On Nov 27, 2008
I barely knew anything. . . .NL surprised the heck out of me.

esp. the tribalism!! I was so surprised at the yoruba-gibo-other tribe bashing!! seriously, I had this image of a peaceful Nigeria Undecided Undecided I didn't even know skin color amng Nigerian people was so. . . .so. .
. .

Anywaz sha, I'd love to learn more about the yoruba culture!! Our proverbs, tradition, food, etc.

Handwork of sisijinx and Mcusman. Ignore the tribalists biko. Na them go tire.
Re: New Cultures You Learnt From Nairaland. by Nobody: 6:24am On Nov 27, 2008
RedHotChic:

Handwork of sisijinx and Mcusman. Ignore the tribalists biko. Na them go tire.
stop it woman. You're the contributor tongue

Angel sisikill is innocent in this department kiss kiss

On a serious note, na wa for Nigeria o!!! I thought I knew so much abt my country, when I actually knew nothing
Re: New Cultures You Learnt From Nairaland. by OgidiBoy(m): 6:24am On Nov 27, 2008
I won't call it culture, but I've learned from NL that Nigerian girls in America are different from Nigerian girls in Nigeria sad
Re: New Cultures You Learnt From Nairaland. by Nobody: 6:25am On Nov 27, 2008
OgidiBoy:

I won't call it culture, but I've learned from NL that Nigerian girls in America are different from Nigerian girls in Nigeria sad
No duh undecided
Re: New Cultures You Learnt From Nairaland. by RedHotChic(f): 6:26am On Nov 27, 2008
I won't call it culture, but I've learned from NL that Nigerian girls in America are different from Nigerian girls in Nigeria
How? Are Nigerian women in America smarter than the ones at home or what?
Re: New Cultures You Learnt From Nairaland. by RedHotChic(f): 6:27am On Nov 27, 2008
stop it woman. You're the contributor Tongue

Angel sisikill is innocent in this department Kiss Kiss

On a serious note, na wa for Nigeria o!!! I thought I knew so much about my country, when I actually knew nothing
I'm innocent until proven guilty kiss
Re: New Cultures You Learnt From Nairaland. by H2O2: 6:31am On Nov 27, 2008
He said different, not smarter.  Always so quick to stir controversy.

Most of the girls here simply lack fundamentals. 88% of them have no home training.
Re: New Cultures You Learnt From Nairaland. by RedHotChic(f): 6:32am On Nov 27, 2008
He said different, not smarter. Always so quick to stir controversy.

Different how?
Re: New Cultures You Learnt From Nairaland. by OgidiBoy(m): 6:32am On Nov 27, 2008
RedHotChic:

How? Are Nigerian women in America smarter than the ones at home or what?

I'm not generalizing, but most girls in Nigeria are humble and will treat you like royalty, but the girls here talk too much and don't take nonsence.
Re: New Cultures You Learnt From Nairaland. by H2O2: 6:33am On Nov 27, 2008
RedHotChic:

Different how?
Why are you asking me? He said it, not me.
Re: New Cultures You Learnt From Nairaland. by H2O2: 6:34am On Nov 27, 2008
OgidiBoy:

I'm not generalizing, but most girls in Nigeria are humble and will treat you like royalty, but the girls here talk too much and don't take nonsence.
Don't you mean they talk too much nonsense?
Re: New Cultures You Learnt From Nairaland. by Nobody: 6:34am On Nov 27, 2008
RedHotChic:

I'm innocent until proven guilty kiss
now dnt go there, funmi.
If I want to, I can post up to 100 tribal topics from you. . . . shocked shocked shocked

OgidiBoy:

Of course they won't make sense. You like them quiet and easily empowered.
B.T.W, I hope you realize that NL is not only contained with american nlers.
Re: New Cultures You Learnt From Nairaland. by RedHotChic(f): 6:37am On Nov 27, 2008
I'm not generalizing, but most girls in Nigeria are humble and will treat you like royalty, but the girls here talk too much and don't take nonsence

More like Nigerian women living in Nigeria are ignorant of their rights, thats why they take rubbish from men. Nigerian women abroad are wiser and that is why some Naija men feel threatened by the light in them.
Re: New Cultures You Learnt From Nairaland. by H2O2: 6:39am On Nov 27, 2008
They're ignorant because they're not living in America like you? Shame on you for being so arrogant and demeaning.
Re: New Cultures You Learnt From Nairaland. by OgidiBoy(m): 6:41am On Nov 27, 2008
RedHotChic:

More like Nigerian women living in Nigeria are ignorant of their rights, thats why they take rubbish from men. Nigerian women abroad are wiser and that is why some Naija men feel threatened by the light in them.

I don't think that's a very fair statement to make about our women in Nigeria. My female cousins in Nigeria are not ignorant, the just know there place.
Re: New Cultures You Learnt From Nairaland. by Nobody: 6:43am On Nov 27, 2008
OgidiBoy:

I don't think that's a very fair statement to make about our women in Nigeria. My female cousins in Nigeria are not ignorant, the just know there place.
Make yourself clear.

How are Nigerian women in US diff. from the ones in Nigeria?
Re: New Cultures You Learnt From Nairaland. by H2O2: 6:44am On Nov 27, 2008
OgidiBoy:

No mind am. She thinks women living in Nigeria are inferior to her because they abide by the policies that work for them.
Re: New Cultures You Learnt From Nairaland. by RedHotChic(f): 6:46am On Nov 27, 2008
No mind am. She thinks women living in Nigeria are inferior to her because they abide by the policies that work for them.

Better still its policies that WORK FOR YOUR SELFISH BEHIND.
Re: New Cultures You Learnt From Nairaland. by RedHotChic(f): 6:47am On Nov 27, 2008
Make yourself clear.

How are Nigerian women in US diff. from the ones in Nigeria?

He knows the answer to that statement but he just wont say it.
Re: New Cultures You Learnt From Nairaland. by OgidiBoy(m): 6:48am On Nov 27, 2008
Is it the same policy that has been working for our ancestors
Re: New Cultures You Learnt From Nairaland. by OgidiBoy(m): 6:50am On Nov 27, 2008
RedHotChic:

Don't mind me dear I'm just bored and trying to have a conversation I love all Nigerian girls here and and back home.
Re: New Cultures You Learnt From Nairaland. by RedHotChic(f): 6:50am On Nov 27, 2008
Is it the same policy that has been working for our ancestors
Which policy?. That is why Nigeria is underdeveloped because you apply the economic and social policies of your uneducated ancestors to this modern era.
Re: New Cultures You Learnt From Nairaland. by RedHotChic(f): 6:52am On Nov 27, 2008

Don't mind me dear I'm just bored and trying to have a conversation I love all Nigerian girls here and and back home
Now you have your tongue in your cheek? tongue
Re: New Cultures You Learnt From Nairaland. by H2O2: 6:52am On Nov 27, 2008
RedHotChic:

Which policy?. That is why Nigeria is underdeveloped because you apply the economic and social policies of your uneducated ancestors to this modern era.
America is not a product of rebellious hormonal women either.  The problem with Nigeria the corrupt bastards at the lead, not the innocent female populace.
Re: New Cultures You Learnt From Nairaland. by OgidiBoy(m): 6:53am On Nov 27, 2008
RedHotChic:

I maybe wrong but I think our ancestors here doing just fine before the educated white man came to our shores with his modern era.
Re: New Cultures You Learnt From Nairaland. by Nobody: 6:53am On Nov 27, 2008
RedHotChic:

so basically, he's just blabbering, riddled by his own statement. the boy cannot even answer a simple question.

HOW ARE THEY DIFFERENT? Obviously, the environment is one of the factors that changes people. That's already known, what is unknown is his own terms of "different".

abeg, help me ask am
Re: New Cultures You Learnt From Nairaland. by RedHotChic(f): 6:55am On Nov 27, 2008
now dnt go there, funmi.
If I want to, I can post up to 100 tribal topics from you.
The miseducation of Ebony!. Those topics were either the truth or prying questions going through my mind. When did saying the truth become tribalism?. I even offered to start my NGO in the north to liberate their women from the shackles of poverty, illiteracy and their men but nobody gave me an applause for that, rather the likes of jinx rebuffed me.
Re: New Cultures You Learnt From Nairaland. by OgidiBoy(m): 6:56am On Nov 27, 2008
Ebony-Silk:

so basically, he's just blabbering, riddled by his own statement. the boy cannot even answer a simple question.

HOW ARE THEY DIFFERENT? Obviously, the environment is one of the factors that changes people. That's already known, what is unknown is his own terms of "different".

abeg, help me ask am

Abeg na watin be your own sef, I sure don't want to be attacked tonight by angry Nigeria women lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Swaziland’s ‘prettiest Virgins’ Dance Topless For King(photo) / 1562 ���a Slave Ship Called 'jesus' Of Lübeck.. Sir John Hawkins / The Aro Settlements And The Confederacy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.