Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,823 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? (19315 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 23, 2014
Lex11:

Speaking in tongues is NOT a criteria for getting into Heaven.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." - John 3:16

Believing is a criteria, by the operation of God Himself, by His grace through Faith.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." -Ephesians 2:8-9

True but i will love to read john 3;5 and explain to me how you can be baptised with the spirit because Jesus clearly said there that without that you cant enter into the kingdom of God.
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 24, 2014
majorgr:
pls read rev 20:4-6 the Bible actually say we shall reign (rule) with christ for the first 1000yrs in which Satan was in the bottoless pit before his release. By then, Jerusalem will be the world's head quarters and the nation of the world will report directly to the HQ and any nation that wud not accept Christ authority will be severely punished. For further studies pls read through the whole book of Revelation it says more than I culd actually quote in chapters and verses. Tnx

who are those to be ruled and how did they survive? You ve nt answered the question.
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by majorgr: 12:43pm On Nov 24, 2014
JMAN05:

who are those to be ruled and how did they survive? You ve nt answered the question.
just go and read it for ur self, don't let me do ur studies for U. No offence. When u read it for ur self there will be no need for me to say anything. P.S. I will not be posting any messages here henceforth. Tnx
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Nov 24, 2014
majorgr:
just go and read it for ur self, don't let me do ur studies for U. No offence. When u read it for ur self there will be no need for me to say anything. P.S. I will not be posting any messages here henceforth. Tnx

ok, your thesis is wrong all the way. my questn was to open ur eyes to it, not jst a questn as if I never knw.
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by macof(m): 5:12pm On Nov 24, 2014
Silly dumb Christians

Read ur Bible damn it!
Acts 2:5-12

Speaking in tongues refers to speaking in different languages not speaking some crazy spiritual language....there's no such thing as spiritual language

Read ur Bible and stop being duped by ur pastors and priests

9 Likes

Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Funjosh(m): 1:37am On Nov 29, 2014
Why the bolded

macof:
Silly dumb Christians

Read ur Bible damn it!

Speaking in tongues refers to speaking in different languages not speaking some crazy spiritual language....there's no such thing as spiritual language

Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by macof(m): 10:03am On Nov 29, 2014
Funjosh:
Why the bolded

Cus only silly dumb people would say speaking in tongues is some spiritual language

2 Likes

Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by miredia(m): 2:52am On Nov 30, 2014
Speaking in tongues is not a pre-requisite to making heaven.
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by GboyegaD(m): 3:00am On Nov 30, 2014
No it isn't however, it is good to covet it.
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Emmalot121(m): 3:01am On Nov 30, 2014
No! The Bible commands our pastors to explain what they say, yet they shy away from it. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Emmalot121(m): 3:04am On Nov 30, 2014
macof:
Silly dumb Christians

Read ur Bible damn it!

It also includes speaking in language of Angels. Do your research.
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by bodi01(m): 3:08am On Nov 30, 2014
Amongst others, Speaking in tongues can be a sign to comfirm the infilling of the Holy Spirit but not necessarily a criteria to making heaven.
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Nobody: 3:35am On Nov 30, 2014
pentecostal christianity is the biggest scam ever. some moronic changelings in africa will not keep their environment clean to avoid mosquitoes, but will blame demons for malaria, jumping around and screaming gibberish,

if 'robotokoshibolokoroshoborabatarabata' is the language of heaven, then heaven must be one hell of a psychiatric center.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by cold(m): 3:42am On Nov 30, 2014
Sky papa you see every plot of the enemy..you see a congregation of sheeples ready to be devoured by a wolf in religious garb. Father Lawd protect them..asarantokabarabagabagafarlagarabara..shoki.shoki.ahhhhhh!!

2 Likes

Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by kobikwelu(m): 3:44am On Nov 30, 2014
No ....chikena
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by spikesC(m): 3:52am On Nov 30, 2014
Acts 2:5-12 King James Version (KJV)

5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.

6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.

7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?

8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?

9 Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,

10 Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,

11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.

12 And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this?

I still dey find that person wey una talk say dem dey speak in tongues cool

4 Likes

Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Dokitadotun: 3:55am On Nov 30, 2014
@Op, you don't need to speak in tongue to make heaven but you need it on earth to maximize your spiritual potentials. The bible ...building up yourself, praying in the holy ghost. Praying in tongues refreshes you. You cannot experience it n say it is not real. For those who say they don't believe it, fitst, God did not says everybody will believe,no!. Those who believe it are blessed says the bible. Many people approach the things of God with critical mind hence God's way is veiled from them. If you humbly seek God and his ways he will reveal himself to you. Remember, God resist the proud...

1 Like

Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Dokitadotun: 4:04am On Nov 30, 2014
spikesC:
Acts 2:5-12 King James Version (KJV)

5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.

6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.

7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?

8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?

9 Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,

10 Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,

11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.

12 And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this?

I still dey find that person wey una talk say dem dey speak in tongues cool
My brother, speaking in tongue is speaking in languages from your spirit n not from the mind as it is naturally with everyman. Your mind does not understand what your spirit is saying(except you have the gift of interpretation of tongues). I once heard of a christian who speak in tongue with chinese language without him knowing what language it is.
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by zynzyn(m): 4:06am On Nov 30, 2014
tonybosses:
Nope that does not count.... we av d fruits nd. gifts of d spirit... speaking in tongues is a gift of d spirit on d last day wt would matter isn't d gift of d spirit but the firuits of the spirit....

Speaking in tongues is for effective communication nd relationship wt u and ur father in heaven

Good morning

You are accurate on the first point!

@Funjosh, Did Jesus speak in tongues? undecided

And im no communicate with im Father, Abi?!!

And im no make heaven, Abi??! sad undecided

2 Likes

Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by babaluckey: 4:07am On Nov 30, 2014
Brothers and Sisters, speaking in tongue is a gift from God.
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by spikesC(m): 4:07am On Nov 30, 2014
Dokitadotun:
@Op, you don't need to speak in tongue to make heaven but you need it on earth to maximize your spiritual potentials. The bible ...building up yourself, praying in the holy ghost. Praying in tongues refreshes you. You cannot experience it n say it is not real. For those who say they don't believe it, fitst, God did not says everybody will believe,no!. Those who believe it are blessed says the bible. Many people approach the things of God with critical mind hence God's way is veiled from them. If you humbly seek God and his ways he will reveal himself to you. Remember, God resist the proud...

Pls, where did you get those. Any prove? bible links?
or like always, you're saying what you think?

BTW, John 20:29 King James Version (KJV)

29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Stop turning a verse of a bible to preach what is not written

Revelation 22:18-19 King James Version (KJV)

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Read your bible and stop preaching what you don't know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Nobody: 4:08am On Nov 30, 2014
NO

1 Like

Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by spikesC(m): 4:10am On Nov 30, 2014
Dokitadotun:

My brother, speaking in tongue is speaking in languages from your spirit n not from the mind as it is naturally with everyman. Your mind does not understand what your spirit is saying(except you have the gift of interpretation of tongues). I once heard of a christian who speak in tongue with chinese language without him knowing what language it is.

I don't think you read that part well, pls focus on this part

They heard the message in their own language. If you like speak Cantonese, if i don't hear it in Igbo i'll assume you're talking nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by zynzyn(m): 4:14am On Nov 30, 2014
Elantracey:

can you explain this statement of your's?

are you trying to say that paul and all the apostles deceived themselves?

Can u compare the tongues of Paul and the Apostles to the 'tongues' of today?? cry

The Biblical tongues was every inch a miraculous sign aimed at converting people.
It made sense to those that were listening! cool

3 Likes

Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Godfullsam(m): 4:16am On Nov 30, 2014
I av not spoken in tongue before and am not sure if I will ever speak in tongue. But am sure i will make heaven by the Grace of God.

1 Like

Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by tevinsolt: 4:18am On Nov 30, 2014
nope, it is one of the gift of the spirit among many others.
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by docdung: 4:28am On Nov 30, 2014
Speaking in tongue is just one of the gift of the Holy Spirit. It's either speaking with the tongue of men in which case, someone speakes in a language never learnt while another person whose language is spoken understands it, like it was during Pentecost. The other is speaking with the tongue of the spirit. unfortunately, while the later, which cannot be proven role be true, the former, tho still performed by genuine men of God who don't blow their trumpet, has been relegated in most churches that place emphasis on tongues. To me it's more real and proven as someone hears the message in husband local language. I believes that's how missionaries were able to take d gospel to countries speaking different language wt them
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by akoaki(m): 4:32am On Nov 30, 2014
Speaking in tongue is a gift of the spirit , among others. It is not automatic after being born again. The holy spirit gives different gifts to people at his will. However, many Christians today do not wait for the gift from heaven but have adopted different types of tongues like pra -kata -proo -kata -uh -hu -hu-----!!! in their desperation to impress and deceive.

3 Likes

Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by zynzyn(m): 4:37am On Nov 30, 2014
Funjosh:
Is speaking in tongue a criteria to get to heaven

zynzyn:

You are accurate on the first point!

@Funjosh, Did Jesus speak in tongues? undecided

And im no communicate with im Father, Abi?!!

And im no make heaven, Abi??! sad undecided

It is your responsibility to read your Bible Well O!

zynzyn:

Can u compare the tongues of Paul and the Apostles to the 'tongues' of today?? cry

The Biblical tongues was every inch a miraculous sign aimed at converting people.
It made sense to those that were listening! cool
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Nobody: 4:42am On Nov 30, 2014
majorgr:
After rapture or correctly said after the catching away of the church, there wud be immediately the great tribulations which will last for about 3.5 years, in which 144000 Jews wud be saved, immediately after this, we are told that Jesus will be coming back with His saint and will rule for 1000yrs in which Satan wud be cast into the bottomless pit. Yes, before the new earth and new Heavens. We are going to rule the earth with Jesus for a thousand yrs before the adversary wud be released from his pit to deceive the world to fight Christ. This could only mean one thing, we are coming back home but this time to rule with Christ.

abeg, where did this word rapture come from..... I may be wrong oooo. can you help me point it out in the bible

1 Like

Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by fritxie101(m): 4:54am On Nov 30, 2014
Funjosh:

To see the kingdom, you must be born again. I believe not everybody that is born again speak in tongue. Speaking in tongue is an evidence of the Holy Spirit is speaking in tongue a pasport to heaven
what makes a man is his believe. So i can @ this point say youre entitled to your opinion. One observation about speaking in tongues is that; all members of a particular church imitate their pastors when they do speak in tongue. Dnt get me wrong, but i tot its a communication between one and God, en if am able to speak in english, hausa, yoruba, igbo,efik, ibibio etc, den ma God should be able to hear me, cos dts d tongue dt i undastand. So speaking in tongues doesnt actualy mean dos words u dudes claim its d wordings of d holy spirit.
Jus my opinion which am entitled to.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

No One Died During Miracle - Bishop Emmanuel Denies ‘Man Dies In Coffin' Story / Limit To Intimacy In A Christian Relationship / The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.