Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? (19321 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by sylve11: 7:03am On Nov 30, 2014
Elantracey:
No it's not but its the only gift of the holy spirit for you , the rest is for the church .

Which speaking in tongue is a gift? cool
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Horlufemi(m): 7:03am On Nov 30, 2014
macof:
Silly dumb Christians

Read ur Bible damn it!
Acts 2:5-12

Speaking in tongues refers to speaking in different languages not speaking some crazy spiritual language....there's no such thing as spiritual language

Read ur Bible and stop being duped by ur pastors and priests
God bless you. In Acts the disciples spoke in other languages (toungues) that other Jews from all over the world confirmed and understood them.
Its not the gibberish that these pastors tell you to do.
Speaking in another language wud make people (skeptics and doubters) believe.
One more thing you have to listen to God (through the bible) and have a relationship with him. Love God n love your neighbor. If you believe in works first you have simply gone back to religion. Have a relationship with Jesus (not ur pastor) by then u will have God's spirit and be given any gift of the spirit. Gifts are given not taken. He will give you the gift u deserve in due time. Be patient.

1 Like

Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Horlufemi(m): 7:08am On Nov 30, 2014
Wefiak1414:
hmm some said I was unconscious some said I was death, but when the power of the Holy ghost came upon me I will dance shout in tongue like babies does. I speak in tongues, heal the sick, raise the death and walk upon the sea. I never thought I could do all these thing until when the Holy ghost was upon me.

Search your soul. Tell yourself the truth. You did all that? And nobody saw you? You lie! Or you got possessed
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by lilbazy(m): 7:11am On Nov 30, 2014
jom28gy:
Those that speaks in tongues deceived themselves.
God will forgive you in jesus name Amen
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Horlufemi(m): 7:20am On Nov 30, 2014
Lovine:
99% of speaking in tongues today are demonic, some are psychological, some are simple emulation of others that speak. When a true Christian who is not biased in his spirit speaks in unknown tongues, Satan, illness, poverty etc listens and obey. Today its simply gibberish. Most who speaks this tongues today manifest in them envy, hatred, fornication, party spirit, division, disagreement, on forgiveness, etc. Where does those evil manifestation comes from when one still speak in tongues? When one truly speak in a true tongue, he has ceased from sin, because the HOLY SPIRIT is now in control of him or her. If you still speak and still hate, division, fornication, fighting, adultery, self righteousness, envy, judgment etc, DEMON are speaking in you.

That's why as many churches in Nigeria Nigerians are still evil and terrible sinners. They don't understand what the holy spirit is and I don't blame them. I blame the pastors who use psychology to gain followers and tell them unimportant things. And keep them from the real truth.

You can't have the holy spirit and still do all those things.

I meet a real christian only once in a while.
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Dokitadotun: 7:21am On Nov 30, 2014
spikesC:

Pls, where did you get those. Any prove? bible links?
or like always, you're saying what you think?

BTW, John 20:29 King James Version (KJV)

29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Stop turning a verse of a bible to preach what is not written

Revelation 22:18-19 King James Version (KJV)

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Read your bible and stop preaching what you don't know.
My brother, these questions you are all over the pages of your bible. Firstly the question of refreshing is in 1st Cor. 14:4 'He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself...' Also Jude 20 says by praying in tongue you build up yourself. You can check them up in other versions.
About the those who believe, what i was trying to say is in Mark 16:16-18, speaking in tongue is one of the signs jesus said will follow you. those who believe in him as the gospel of salvation. It was a typo error, what i wanted to write is those who believe are blessed. That is a spiritual principle.
Speaking in tongue is a sign that should manifest in those who believe(the question is, are you a believer?) while intetpretation of tongues is a gift(all believers do not have the same gift).
When yoy expetiencr this you will not be askng funny questions likw the jews were asking jesus.
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by UpLoyo: 7:40am On Nov 30, 2014
Lovine:
99% of speaking in tongues today are demonic, some are psychological, some are simple emulation of others that speak. When a true Christian who is not biased in his spirit speaks in unknown tongues, Satan, illness, poverty etc listens and obey. Today its simply gibberish. Most who speaks this tongues today manifest in them envy, hatred, fornication, party spirit, division, disagreement, on forgiveness, etc. Where does those evil manifestation comes from when one still speak in tongues? When one truly speak in a true tongue, he has ceased from sin, because the HOLY SPIRIT is now in control of him or her. If you still speak and still hate, division, fornication, fighting, adultery, self righteousness, envy, judgment etc, DEMON are speaking in you.

You have really said nothing trying to sound smart and self righteous. So you did a research and came out with the conclusion that 99% of tongues are demonic, really? There are over 7 billion people on the surface of the earth, over 2 billion of them are Christians and out of them that do speak in tongues 99% are demonic? You are so full of crap trying to sound smart while there's nothing in your head. For you to know someone is speaking in demonic tongues then you must be a demon to understand what they are saying. You really have no idea of what you are talking about so just shut your trap.

1 Like

Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Horlufemi(m): 7:43am On Nov 30, 2014
Dokitadotun:

My brother, these questions you are all over the pages of your bible. Firstly the question of refreshing is in 1st Cor. 14:4 'He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself...' Also Jude 20 says by praying in tongue you build up yourself. You can check them up in other versions.
About the those who believe, what i was trying to say is in Mark 16:16-18, speaking in tongue is one of the signs jesus said will follow you. those who believe in him as the gospel of salvation. It was a typo error, what i wanted to write is those who believe are blessed. That is a spiritual principle.
Speaking in tongue is a sign that should manifest in those who believe(the question is, are you a believer?) while intetpretation of tongues is a gift(all believers do not have the same gift).
When yoy expetiencr this you will not be askng funny questions likw the jews were asking jesus.

They will speak in new tongues. Is "New Tongues" language or gibberish? I want to accept that its speaking in other languages that seem new or unknown. God that created language doesn't speak in gibberish. You should try and know God.

My point speaking in tongues is not done right. its fake. There are other gifts of God's spirit that should follow all Christians. It's just part of many others now it's not done right and made to look like the only gift available. Read you bible and not what your pastor told you.
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Nobody: 7:46am On Nov 30, 2014
Funjosh:
Returning back to Earth ke, Is it the same Earth that would be destroyed afta rapture or another one

Dr wuld b a new earth and a new heaven
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Dokitadotun: 7:46am On Nov 30, 2014
Horlufemi:
God bless you. In Acts the disciples spoke in other languages (toungues) that other Jews from all over the world confirmed and understood them.
Its not the gibberish that these pastors tell you to do.
Speaking in another language wud make people (skeptics and doubters) believe.
One more thing you have to listen to God (through the bible) and have a relationship with him. Love God n love your neighbor. If you believe in works first you have simply gone back to religion. Have a relationship with Jesus (not ur pastor) by then u will have God's spirit and be given any gift of the spirit. Gifts are given not taken. He will give you the gift u deserve in due time. Be patient.
Praying in tongues is a language of man which you speak without foreknowledge of it in prayer. It is not babbling or all sorts. However, there is tongue of angels that man can speak, this is not what you just do but the holyspirit gives the utterance Acts 2:4... as the Spirit gives utterance.
Praying in tongue is not falling unconscious or scattering things. The spirit of a prophet is subjected to him. The holy ghost will not start speaking through you against your will, no.God is not an author of confusion.
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by tswagg007(m): 7:46am On Nov 30, 2014
majorgr:
After rapture or correctly said after the catching away of the church, there wud be immediately the great tribulations which will last for about 3.5 years, in which 144000 Jews wud be saved, immediately after this, we are told that Jesus will be coming back with His saint and will rule for 1000yrs in which Satan wud be cast into the bottomless pit. Yes, before the new earth and new Heavens. We are going to rule the earth with Jesus for a thousand yrs before the adversary wud be released from his pit to deceive the world to fight Christ. This could only mean one thing, we are coming back home but this time to rule with Christ.
ONLY JEWS?
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Princecalm(m): 7:52am On Nov 30, 2014
darlenese:

Obviously they(forefathers) didn't go to heaven!
Most of them were idol worshipers. Although some were christains but many of them praticed both traditional n christain religion
are u in anyway saying none of our fore-fathers made heaven?
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Mickyboiz: 7:52am On Nov 30, 2014
spikesC:
Acts 2:5-12 King James Version (KJV)

5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.

6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.

7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?

8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?

9 Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,

10 Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,

11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.

12 And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this?

I still dey find that person wey una talk say dem dey speak in tongues cool
dats d only speaking in tongue bible mentioned no other ones and i dnt kn where pastors got theirs o
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by UpLoyo: 7:53am On Nov 30, 2014
docdung:
Speaking in tongue is just one of the gift of the Holy Spirit. It's either speaking with the tongue of men in which case, someone speakes in a language never learnt while another person whose language is spoken understands it, like it was during Pentecost. The other is speaking with the tongue of the spirit. unfortunately, while the later, which cannot be proven role be true, the former, tho still performed by genuine men of God who don't blow their trumpet, has been relegated in most churches that place emphasis on tongues. To me it's more real and proven as someone hears the message in husband local language. I believes that's how missionaries were able to take d gospel to countries speaking different language wt them

Unfortunately you are incorrect. Speaking in tongues is not a either or situation. Tongues of men is not speaking in the language you never learned; it is when the Holy Spirit causes men to understand in their own language what you are saying in the spirit. You cannot speak a language you never learn but someone can hear you in their own language, that's what happened in the day of Pentecost. The disciples were unlearned men. Have you asked yourself the question how can 120 people be speaking at the same time and other people who are watching them are able to hear them individually in their own language? If you were at the market do you hear everyone at the market speaking your dialect even in that commotion? No you don't. But the case was different on the day of Pentecost everyone heard all of them speak in his or her own language...

Acts 2: 8 Then how is it that each of us hears them in our native language?

Furthermore there is nothing like speaking the tongue of the spirit still being performed by genuine men of God. Is like saying a genuine human being, is either you are a human being or not.
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Horlufemi(m): 7:53am On Nov 30, 2014
UpLoyo:

You have really said nothing trying to sound smart and self righteous. So you did a research and came out with the conclusion that 99% of tongues are demonic, really? There are over 7 billion people on the surface of the earth, over 2 billion of them are Christians and out of them that do speak in tongues 99% are demonic? You are so full of crap trying to sound smart while there's nothing in your head. For you to know someone is speaking in demonic tongues then you must be a demon to understand what they are saying. You really have no idea of what you are talking about so just shut your trap.

He's right. But not with the demonic part. To understand speaking in tongues you must look at the effects of the first time its was used. The first time it was used people believed. A lot of people. Read carefully

Acts 2:4-13 KJV

And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven. Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language. And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans? And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born? Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia, Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes, Cretans and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God. And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this? Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine. :

Notice people from other countries even Arabs too. They heard the language.

The one we dey do now is religion/ gibberish and not from the spirit. #gbam

Jesus came to take us from religion to God but we enjoy religion more and religion won't take us anywhere. That's why we still sin on a regular basis.
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by aperture11: 7:55am On Nov 30, 2014
No you don't need to speak in tongues to get to heaven, the only requirement necessary according to Jesus Christ in getting to heaven is that "You must be born again - that is all that is needed"

However, Jesus Christ himself said this in Mark 16:17-18 "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover."

From the above you see that you should speak in tongues.

The question now is how then do you know what speaking in tongues is? On the day of Pentecost it was noted that the disciples spoke in the language of ordinary men but inspired of the Holy Spirit. Most people focus more on the fact that on that particular day they spoke in the language of ordinary men rather than the other fact that it was inspired of the Holy Ghost. This singular reason is why several Christians don't speak in tongues. Because when they speak, they expect that it should be in a natural language they've not learnt.

Paul the Apostle clarified this in 1 Corinthians 14:2 (For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to people but to God. Indeed, no one understands them; they utter mysteries by the Spirit.) Verse 4 says "Anyone who speaks in a tongue edifies themselves, but the one who prophesies edifies the church." While majority part of this chapter tries to tell you that in desiring spiritual gift, Prophecy is more important than speaking in tongues, it did make some really strong points for speaking in tongues. Verse 14-15 says "For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my mind is unfruitful. So what shall I do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will also pray with my understanding; I will sing with my spirit, but I will also sing with my understanding."

Paul said Tongues are signs for unbelievers.

In all, speaking in tongues is good for you. If you don't believe in it then don't worry about it, it isn't a gift for all but I just implore you "DO NOT CRITICIZE WHAT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND". If someone believes something and you don't it doesn't mean something is wrong with the person's doctrine or even yours. The Christian walk is personal and totally based on revelation. Maybe God hasn't revealed it to you yet or maybe the person needs better revelation. Leave that to the one who reveals himself.

Thank you all.

1 Like

Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Dokitadotun: 7:55am On Nov 30, 2014
Horlufemi:

They will speak in new tongues. Is "New Tongues" language or gibberish? I want to accept that its speaking in other languages that seem new or unknown. God that created language doesn't speak in gibberish. You should try and know God.

My point speaking in tongues is not done right. its fake. There are other gifts of God's spirit that should follow all Christians. It's just part of many others now it's not done right and made to look like the only gift available. Read you bible and not what your pastor told you.
Do you speak in tongues as jesus himself said it will be a SIGN of those who believe? At least your bible says so not any pastor. It is freely given if you humble yourself n ask God.
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Nobody: 7:56am On Nov 30, 2014
sbaks:
then its either your salvation is "questionable" or.......... Because if you are born again "genuenely" you will experience what I just said and that will mean you are baptized with the evidence of speaking in tongues. If you have the HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD in you then speking in tongues will follow AUTOMATICALLY.
U r a confused xtian.....wat a pity.....I find it so convenient speakin to God silently (in my heart)...I also enjoy using praises n worship which is an effective form of prayer...try n lay ur hand on dis book by stormie omartian "the prayer that changes everythn"......some ppl even believe u hav to tym urslf wen prayin..dat if u r prayin 4 5mins normally b4, u hav to start increasin it to 10mins n so on....dats fallacy
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Mickyboiz: 7:57am On Nov 30, 2014
Dokitadotun:

My brother, speaking in tongue is speaking in languages from your spirit n not from the mind as it is naturally with everyman. Your mind does not understand what your spirit is saying(except you have the gift of interpretation of tongues). I once heard of a christian who speak in tongue with chinese language without him knowing what language it is.
ur speaking in tongues is it in d bible cos the one bible mentioned says everybody understan d language
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Mickyboiz: 7:58am On Nov 30, 2014
Dokitadotun:
@Op, you don't need to speak in tongue to make heaven but you need it on earth to maximize your spiritual potentials. The bible ...building up yourself, praying in the holy ghost. Praying in tongues refreshes you. You cannot experience it n say it is not real. For those who say they don't believe it, fitst, God did not says everybody will believe,no!. Those who believe it are blessed says the bible. Many people approach the things of God with critical mind hence God's way is veiled from them. If you humbly seek God and his ways he will reveal himself to you. Remember, God resist the proud...
did Jesus speak in tongue ? Gv me d prov in d bible plss
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by debonairprinx(m): 8:00am On Nov 30, 2014
Speaking in tongues is a necessity in making heaven. Cos it is the confirmation of God's spirit in us. It is part of the gift of the spirit. This is the standards set up when we live in the dictates of the spirit of God. Cos through him we reign and live forever. (Romans 8 : 9-17 & 26-30)
(1Corinthians 1 :7) for he wishes us not to lack in any spiritual gift or blessings through the holy spirit, while we wait for the coming of our lord Jesus Christ.
Apostle Paul's letter to the Corinthians(1cor1:10-13) further elaborated on the importance of coming into one understanding of God's word, refuting division.
Live through God's word, and remain blessed.
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Horlufemi(m): 8:01am On Nov 30, 2014
Princecalm:
are u in anyway saying none of our fore-fathers made heaven?

Every dead person hasn't gone to heaven. Only Jesus has gone to heaven. They are still here dead but I believe God is infinitely loving and fair. He will give them a fair treatment where u will choose your fate.
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by UpLoyo: 8:02am On Nov 30, 2014
Horlufemi:

He's right. But not with the demonic part. To understand speaking in tongues you must look at the effects of the first time its was used. The first time it was used people believed. A lot of people. Read carefully

Acts 2:4-13 KJV

And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven. Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language. And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans? And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born? Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia, Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes, Cretans and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God. And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this? Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine. :

Notice people from other countries even Arabs too. They heard the language.

[s]The one we dey do now is religion/ gibberish and not from the spirit. #gbam[/s]

Jesus came to take us from religion to God but we enjoy religion more and religion won't take us anywhere. That's why we still sin on a regular basis.

The one "we" do now? That's your assumption, you can't generalize, you could simply have said the one you do. Speak only for yourself. If it s not from the spirit where is it from, because it seems you have the monopoly of the spirit. Are you the Holy Spirit?
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 30, 2014
JMAN05:

who are those to be ruled and how did they survive? You ve nt answered the question.
Here is wat I learnt n it made pretty much sense.....some ppl would b truly saved by dr works, some by mere grace.....n dey wuld all b tempted again by satan after d 1000yrs....cos satan wuld hav followers still dat wuld merge wit him 4 d 2nd war at gog n magog?...think d 1st is at armageddon
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by UpLoyo: 8:04am On Nov 30, 2014
Horlufemi:

Every dead person hasn't gone to heaven. Only Jesus has gone to heaven. They are still here dead but I believe God is infinitely loving and fair. He will give them a fair treatment where u will choose your fate.

Stop giving false hope; you don't chose your fate when you are dead, you make your choice when you are alive. Once you die, then you answer for the life you live. There is no re-do.
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Horlufemi(m): 8:04am On Nov 30, 2014
debonairprinx:
Speaking in tongues is a necessity in making heaven. Cos it is the confirmation of God's spirit in us. It is part of the gift of the spirit. This is the standards set up when we live in the dictates of the spirit of God. Cos through him we reign and live forever. (Romans 8 : 9-17 & 26-30)
(1Corinthians 1 :7) for he wishes us not to lack in any spiritual gift or blessings through the holy spirit, while we wait for the coming of our lord Jesus Christ.
Apostle Paul's letter to the Corinthians(1cor1:10-13) further elaborated on the importance of coming into one understanding of God's word, refuting division.

It is a gift as you said but our pastors say we should force the hand and collect the gift and just start speaking.

Real spirit of God takes time to flourish. A very long time unless of course God pours it on you.
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Nobody: 8:07am On Nov 30, 2014
Emmalot121:
It also includes speaking in language of Angels. Do your research.
Wuld hav thought dr's is heavenly language.....whr u r gettin all dis frm sef....
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by UpLoyo: 8:08am On Nov 30, 2014
prinznazzy:

Here is wat I learnt n it made pretty much sense.....some ppl would b truly saved by dr works, some by mere grace.....n dey wuld all b tempted again by satan after d 1000yrs....cos satan wuld hav followers still dat wuld merge wit him 4 d 2nd war at gog n magog?...think d 1st is at armageddon

There's only one and final war, Armageddon. Try watching John hagee on YouTube. He's really good with the Book of Revelations, rapture, Tribulations etc.
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Nobody: 8:09am On Nov 30, 2014
Godfullsam:
I av not spoken in tongue before and am not sure if I will ever speak in tongue. But am sure i will make heaven by the Grace of God.
Bro i used to think that way too but when i got to campus i moved with some people that encouraged me spiritually, then a fire kindled in my spirit and i feel i want to say some things which i dont understand but then i give some room to it but then i still prefer to talk to God in my own way. Genuine tongues cause a stir in your spirit it even makes the unbelieving uncomfortable.
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Nobody: 8:14am On Nov 30, 2014
spikesC:
Acts 2:5-12 King James Version (KJV)

5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.

6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.

7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?

8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?

9 Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,

10 Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,

11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.

12 And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this?

I still dey find that person wey una talk say dem dey speak in tongues cool

You should read 1Corinth 14 to clarify urself on d issue
of speaking in tongues
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by UpLoyo: 8:15am On Nov 30, 2014
debonairprinx:
[s]Speaking in tongues is a necessity in making heaven[/s]. Cos it is the confirmation of God's spirit in us. It is part of the gift of the spirit. This is the standards set up when we live in the dictates of the spirit of God. Cos through him we reign and live forever. (Romans 8 : 9-17 & 26-30)

No that is not correct, speaking in tongues is NOT a necessity for making heaven. Stop saying what is not in the Bible, a good idea does not mean it's God's idea. There is nowhere in the Bible where it states speaking in tongues will get you to heaven. It is a sign for those who believe, that is how people will recognize you believe, it's a simple as that. It is not a sign for you, but a sign for others who don't believe to recognize who you are. Some of you guys really need to stop giving advice you know nothing about if you don't read your Bible to understand it for yourself then stop giving people what's is in your head that sounds like a good idea. It may not be God's idea. SPEAKING IN TONGUES WILL HELP YOU BUT IT IS NOT WHAT WILL GET YOU TO HEAVEN.
Re: Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? by Nobody: 8:19am On Nov 30, 2014
Mickyboiz:
dats d only speaking in tongue bible mentioned no other ones and i dnt kn where pastors got theirs o

Really So what was d Bible talking about in 1Corinthians 14:2. Read the whole of dat chapter

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

No One Died During Miracle - Bishop Emmanuel Denies ‘Man Dies In Coffin' Story / Limit To Intimacy In A Christian Relationship / The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.