Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,091 members, 7,821,772 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

BBOG Group Condemns Harassment Of Tambuwal By Security Operatives - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BBOG Group Condemns Harassment Of Tambuwal By Security Operatives (1061 Views)

I Don’t Know Where Your Daughters Are, Buhari ‘tells’ Chibok Parents, BBOG Group / Niger-Delta Group Condemns Tompolo's Acquisition Of War Ships. / Picture Of Tambuwal Driving Himself To Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BBOG Group Condemns Harassment Of Tambuwal By Security Operatives by oluwadanie1(m): 6:55am On Nov 21, 2014
The #BringBackOurGirls group yesterday, condemned in totality, the attack and prevention of the speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Aminu Tambuwal from entering the House chambers to deliberate on the issues of insecurity in the Northeast.

The group, which wondered how the number four citizen in a country would be subjected to such an embarrassment and denial in the hands of security operatives, noted that if this could happen to the speaker, then no one is safe.

“What happened at the National Assembly is, indeed, shocking to all of us and a shame to Nigeria as a country. If they can do this to the number four citizen of the country, then they can do it to anyone else. There is a problem in this country. This is terrible. It shows that no one is safe in this country,” the group lamented.

The BBOG group insisted that it was rather unfortunate that instead of the National Assembly and the security operatives seeking ways of ending insurgency and rescuing the Chibok girls, they decided to engage in a show of shame.

The group, however, called on Nigerians to rise up and stop the impunity in the country as there would always be people that would stand up to protect any good course just like the members of the House of Representatives protected their leaders irrespective of party affliations.

“The incident at the National Assembly also showed that Tambuwal is a good leader because many of his members were there for him. The members were there challenging the police, they were ready to protect him. If Tambuwal was not a good leader, he would have been on his own when the attack happened,” the group added.

The group lambasted the National Assembly members for not standing up against impunity in this country over time and noted that if they had joined forces with the BBOG group to demand the rescue of the Chibok girls, perhaps, the presidency and the security operatives would have succeeded in bringing back the girls.

http://leadership.ng/news/391250/bbog-group-condemns-harassment-tambuwal-security-operatives
http://acadablog.com/bringbackourgirls-group-condemns-harassment-of-tambuwal-by-security-operatives/
Re: BBOG Group Condemns Harassment Of Tambuwal By Security Operatives by stillchris: 8:04am On Nov 21, 2014
na wa o. this group don become political movement already?
Re: BBOG Group Condemns Harassment Of Tambuwal By Security Operatives by stillchris: 8:04am On Nov 21, 2014
Re: BBOG Group Condemns Harassment Of Tambuwal By Security Operatives by oshyno(m): 8:09am On Nov 21, 2014
I pity Ezekwesili that allowed herself to be used by this APC BBOG.

1 Like

Re: BBOG Group Condemns Harassment Of Tambuwal By Security Operatives by ayukdaboss(m): 9:58am On Nov 21, 2014
oshyno:
I pity Ezekwesili that allowed herself to be used by this APC BBOG.
Pity yourself. Are you in support of yesterday's show of shame?

2 Likes

Re: BBOG Group Condemns Harassment Of Tambuwal By Security Operatives by stillchris: 10:47am On Nov 21, 2014
ayukdaboss:

the show of shame was caused by her APC pay masters. and it's not news that the group is lead by APC senior members.

there is no where in history where a minority party in the house of reps leads the majority. tambuwal should be arrested for breaching the constitution. trying to convene a house where he is now a minority? since he was selected to be speaker under the PDP as the majority party, he should step down now that he belongs to the minority. it's common sense.
only in Nigeria will which nonsense be allowed to slide.

the police tried to be civil but the rascal APC don't understand the meaning of civility.

fela was right right all. Majority of Nigerians are like zombies. ignorant to the benefit of these rogue politricktians.

1 Like

Re: BBOG Group Condemns Harassment Of Tambuwal By Security Operatives by ayukdaboss(m): 11:32am On Nov 21, 2014
stillchris:

[s]the show of shame was caused by her APC pay masters. and it's not news that the group is lead by APC senior members.

there is no where in history where a minority party in the house of reps leads the majority. tambuwal should be arrested for breaching the constitution. trying to convene a house where he is now a minority? since he was selected to be speaker under the PDP as the majority party, he should step down now that he belongs to the minority. it's common sense.
only in Nigeria will which nonsense be allowed to slide.

the police tried to be civil but the rascal APC don't understand the meaning of civility.

fela was right right all. Majority of Nigerians are like zombies. ignorant to the benefit of these rogue politricktians[/s].
Did you watch the video? Why were the APC reps locked out of their House of Assembly? Give me just one valid reason with proof.
Re: BBOG Group Condemns Harassment Of Tambuwal By Security Operatives by emperorlero(m): 11:36am On Nov 21, 2014
stillchris:
na wa o. this group don become political movement already?
what were u expecting.'
Re: BBOG Group Condemns Harassment Of Tambuwal By Security Operatives by stillchris: 12:49pm On Nov 21, 2014
ayukdaboss:

Did you watch the video? Why were the APC reps locked out of their House of Assembly? Give me just one valid reason with proof.
i see how you have intelligently responded to my comment and how blind you made yourself from reading the answer to your question.

typical APC tout.
Re: BBOG Group Condemns Harassment Of Tambuwal By Security Operatives by ayukdaboss(m): 1:08pm On Nov 21, 2014
stillchris:

i see how you have intelligently responded to my comment and how blind you made yourself from reading the answer to your question.

typical APC tout.

I saw this comment somewhere. Read and please don't quote me again.
wiri.net:

You TAN Brigade are something else, you twist and turn logic on its head better than a break dancer.

Which is expressing a greater level of irresponsibility, a national assembly prevented from carrying out their constitutional duty by the executive ( to debate whether the State of Emergency should be extended) or the executive that is using illegal means to obstruct the legislature?

Who locked the Gates and why? And Go home to where? if Tambuwal and co had gone home, the next you will be hearing from PDP/TAN is that Tambuwal has been impeached by 50 PDP house of reps members and so Tambuwal should go to court if he is aggrieved. That is exactly what PDP is doing in Ekiti, where opposition lawmakers were prevented from entering the legislative chambers but access was granted to 7 PDP to carry out the purported impeachment of the substantive speaker.

I agree with you that most politicians are completely useless with no positive intents for the populace that elected them, but that is not the subject of debate right now. The question is why is your anger fixated on only the opposition party and their members while you idolize the other useless party or set of politicians.

People are supporting Tambuwal here on Nairaland because the actions of the executive is a threat to our democracy and corporate existence of Nigeria. There are far pressing issues confronting the country than who is defecting where, and the president is misplacing his priorities.

Re: BBOG Group Condemns Harassment Of Tambuwal By Security Operatives by stillchris: 2:14pm On Nov 21, 2014
ayukdaboss:

I saw this comment somewhere. Read and please don't quote me again.

oookk. i get it. you are too empty headed to reason on your own and resort to giving me another person's opinion as your brilliance. i see.grin.
Re: BBOG Group Condemns Harassment Of Tambuwal By Security Operatives by ayukdaboss(m): 2:20pm On Nov 21, 2014
stillchris:

oookk. i get it. you are too empty headed to reason on your own and resort to giving me another person's opinion as your brilliance. i see.grin.
I just a shared a comment with you. I never claimed ownership of it...You can stop beating around the bush now you've realized your folly. Rubbish
Re: BBOG Group Condemns Harassment Of Tambuwal By Security Operatives by BBackOurGlory: 2:24pm On Nov 21, 2014
So, is BBOG# term of reference now that of Tambuwal inclusive?
Re: BBOG Group Condemns Harassment Of Tambuwal By Security Operatives by PhockPhockMan: 2:55pm On Nov 21, 2014
I always insist that this #bringbackourgirls campaign is a multi facet fraud.
What concerned them with what happens in national assembly. Is national assembly the military that will bring back the girls?
I stopped taking them serious when I realized they're a wing of APC.

1 Like

Re: BBOG Group Condemns Harassment Of Tambuwal By Security Operatives by oshyno(m): 3:53pm On Nov 21, 2014
ayukdaboss:

U don't seem to get it. Let's brake it down.

There was heavy presence of security. Are there supposed to be such security YES. The security has given reason as to why d heavy security irrespective of how plausible their reasons are.

Did the Lower chamber start sitting without allowing the speaker into d chamber ? NO
There is something u don't get here, the whole unrully behaviour of d law makers was because they were not allowed free entry as they were used to. Each and every member was to be freesked. Probably turning back any non member that is not supposed to be there back.

Now instead of the members subjecting themselves for checks they resorted to violence.

Soo to answer ur question yes it was a shame that honourables cud not conduct themselves in a civil manner and BBOG an arm of APC wud always want to support their colleague nomater hw stvpid it is and Ezekwesility has allowed hersef be used 4it.

(1) (Reply)

2015 Election Result Projection Model / What Dish Are You Preparing This Xmas? / 2015 Elections: Papa Adeboye's Top Man, Pastor Kalejaiye, Drops Bombshell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.