Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,036 members, 7,863,708 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 12:57 AM

Assembly Crisis: Reps Insist On I-G Appearing In Person - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Assembly Crisis: Reps Insist On I-G Appearing In Person (855 Views)

House Crisis: Reps Adopt Apc’s Zoning Formular / N/assembly Crisis: How Eight APC Governors Tried To Muscle Saraki, Dogara / Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Assembly Crisis: Reps Insist On I-G Appearing In Person by Koninda(m): 5:57pm On Nov 21, 2014
Abuja – The House of Representatives Committee on
Police Affairs on Friday insisted that Mr Suleiman
Abba, the Inspector General of Police, must appear in
person before the committee to explain Thursday’s
police action.
The committee had summoned Abba over the
takeover of the National Assembly by armed
policemen which led to Thursday’s confusion.
The
committee declined audience to Mr Sotonye
Wakama, a Deputy Inspector General of Police in
charge of Operations.
Abba had in a letter with reference CB:3380/IGP.SEC/
ABJ/VOL8/806 and addressed to the Chairman of the
committee, Rep. Usman Kumo (Gombe –PDP)
explained his absence.
The letter reads: “Due to exigency of duty, the
Inspector General of Police will not be able to appear
before the house.
“Meanwhile, he has directed the deputy inspector
general of police, operations to represent him.”
The letter was signed by Mr Austin Iwar, a Principal
Staff Officer and Commissioner of Police.
In his reaction, Kumo insisted that Abba should
appear in person before the committee on Nov. 26.
He said that Abba’s presence would be required to
give explanations to the chaotic situation recorded in
the National Assembly on Thursday.
“The constitution empowers the house, through its
committees, to summon anybody to appear before it.
“It is in view of this that the committee is fixing this
hearing for Nov. 26 at 2 p.m. for the I-G to appear for
this interactive, question and answer session,’’ Kumo
said. (NAN)
www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/assembly-crisis-reps-insist-g-appearing-person-2/
Re: Assembly Crisis: Reps Insist On I-G Appearing In Person by mrvitalis(m): 6:08pm On Nov 21, 2014
thats good
Re: Assembly Crisis: Reps Insist On I-G Appearing In Person by focus7: 7:31pm On Nov 21, 2014
I have noticed that all Jonathan appointees are clueless, look at Doyin Okupe and Reuben Abati always off the point. Okonjo Iweala use to be intelligent during Obasanjo but her level of cluelessness is almost competing with Jonathan now, again this IG in his short time in position as acting IG has displayed a level of cluelessness that is shocking.

4 Likes

Re: Assembly Crisis: Reps Insist On I-G Appearing In Person by Nctrice(m): 7:42pm On Nov 21, 2014
this is what they can do instead of deceiving themselves saying they want to impeach the president! So childish and ill-informed of them!
Re: Assembly Crisis: Reps Insist On I-G Appearing In Person by patrickmuf(m): 8:02pm On Nov 21, 2014
Nctrice:
this is what they can do instead of deceiving themselves saying they want to impeach the president! So childish and ill-informed of them!
For once stand on the right side...Do you support the role of the police in yesterday's brouhaha?

1 Like

Re: Assembly Crisis: Reps Insist On I-G Appearing In Person by sojjy: 8:12pm On Nov 21, 2014
Jonathanians should stop mocking our nascent democracy. A capital FULLSTOP should be put to the excess of GEJ boys and stop endangering our democrazy.
Re: Assembly Crisis: Reps Insist On I-G Appearing In Person by Nctrice(m): 8:16pm On Nov 21, 2014
patrickmuf:
For once stand on the right side...Do you support the role of the police in yesterday's brouhaha?
No I do not support such act! My point is that it's extremely childish of them to bring out a white plain paper and say because of the police action the president would be impeached! Is that not Laughable enough! After they have jumped the gates! I know fully well that the attempt yesterday was to impeach Tambuwal but it's so funny how it all played out
Re: Assembly Crisis: Reps Insist On I-G Appearing In Person by patrickmuf(m): 8:40pm On Nov 21, 2014
Nctrice:
No I do not support such act! My point is that it's extremely childish of them to bring out a white plain paper and say because of the police action the president would be impeached! Is that not Laughable enough! After they have jumped the gates! I know fully well that the attempt yesterday was to impeach Tambuwal but it's so funny how it all played out
Jonathan's ploy on 3d yesterday...It's only normal for the house to flex its muscles in other not to look inept

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Why You Should Vote For GEJ In 2015 / 12 Reasons Why APC Will Be Unable To Campaign Or Get Votes In Akwa Ibom State. / Ali Modu Sheriff Secretly Visited The Impounded Russian Plane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.