Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,707 members, 7,955,672 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:23 PM

Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success (59561 Views)

Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Plantain Farming Business:the Money Making Machine With 25years Span / Reasons Why Most Nigerians Fail In Poultry Farming Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by SeyiJay(m): 11:37am On Nov 24, 2014
@Lesgupnigeria, I must say your write up is quite useful and encouraging. It's ben my dream to become a full time farmer and am working at it. I will be in touch with you very soon for useful tips. Keep it up! We need serious people like you on NL.
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Nobody: 11:53am On Nov 24, 2014
Subscribed. Coming back later.

#TeamPalmFarm

1 Like

Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Lesgupnigeria(m): 1:04pm On Nov 24, 2014
nizzyong:
i am studying in Ilorin while my farm is at niger state and i really want to cultivate my farm by next season but i don't know how i can manage the two.pls advise.
You can't manage the two together except that you want to stretch yourself thin.
you need a professional that will help you manage the farm well.

1 Like

Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Lesgupnigeria(m): 1:07pm On Nov 24, 2014
SeyiJay:
@Lesgupnigeria, I must say your write up is quite useful and encouraging. It's ben my dream to become a full time farmer and am working at it. I will be in touch with you very soon for useful tips. Keep it up! We need serious people like you on NL.
Thank you.May God be with you and bless your handwork.
Goodluck.
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 24, 2014
Lesgupnigeria:

Thank you.May God be with you and bless your handwork.
Goodluck.

OP, you said you receive many calls for advice
I apologize if you mentioned already, I haven't gotten a chance to go through the OP yet, I want to sit down and read it:

What do you do? And where are you based?
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by iamord(m): 2:30pm On Nov 24, 2014
Nice post op. Got a large cocoa farm @ home.ur ideas will come in handy
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Lesgupnigeria(m): 2:48pm On Nov 24, 2014
MissMeiya:

OP, you said you receive many calls for advice
I apologize if you mentioned already, I haven't gotten a chance to go through the OP yet, I want to sit down and read it:

What do you do? And where are you based?
Thanks for reading and following.
i am into.agricbusiness,
Based in the southwestern part of the country.
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Lesgupnigeria(m): 2:53pm On Nov 24, 2014
iamord:
Nice post op. Got a large cocoa farm @ home.ur ideas will come in handy
thanks.
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Nobody: 3:36pm On Nov 24, 2014
Lesgupnigeria:

Thanks for reading and following.
i am into.agricbusiness,
Based in the southwestern part of the country.

What exactly do you do? I hope I'm not being too intrusive--I just want to know if you can help me like you help the people who call you. Do you own a farm(s), or are you an investor? Or something else?
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by boluwajokosegun: 3:48pm On Nov 24, 2014
Well done @Lesgu ,

May i ride on opening to notify interested persons that we have farm lands for sale in Osun state at N55k per acre & also in Ibadan for N150k per acre call Gbenga on 08136650972........We set up farm & manage for investors.
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:48pm On Nov 24, 2014
MissMeiya:

What exactly do you do? I hope I'm not being too intrusive--I just want to know if you can help me like you help the people who call you. Do you own a farm(s), or are you an investor? Or something else?
Not at all. You are free to.ask as many questions as you wish
I own farms and manage farms for people who want to own one but have limited time to oversee them.
You can contact me on 08164628081,08092034147 or email me at yusuffgbenga@gmail.com for more.info
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by olushowunm(m): 3:51pm On Nov 24, 2014
Lesgupnigeria:
Lest i forget; another thing that can be done for people that doesnot have the capacity to produce on a larger scale is to form a cooperative to leverage on.

Land preparation is very important in farming.
I have once committed the sin of improper land preparation and it almost cost me my investment.

Get a good tractor provider service and make sure the land is ploughed twice (in some cases three times)

Although the future of land preparation is no-till technique due to.its cost effectiveness,it is still at the experimental stage in Nigeria and yet to be employed on a large scale farming.

I hear a lot of people tell me they want to make use of no-till techniques to save cost, dont deceive yourself,it is.not workable (except you want to cultivate on 1plot of land). I repeat, Do not try it, you might lose all your investment.

The reason being that no-till technology and the expertise are not yet available in the country.

More still to come.....Stay connected
@Legsup, I wish to take you for your word. No-till is possible and its more suitable for crops such maize and sorghum. So please don't say that its a waste of time as you stated, your knowledge is obsolete. It might be dangerous to try no-till with cassava. But everything has its procedure. Before you can try No-till system, it undergoes some procedures before it can be achieved.
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Lesgupnigeria(m): 4:35pm On Nov 24, 2014
olushowunm:
@Legsup, I wish to take you for your word. No-till is possible and its more suitable for crops such maize and sorghum. So please don't say that its a waste of time as you stated, your knowledge is obsolete. It might be dangerous to try no-till with cassava. But everything has its procedure. Before you can try No-till system, it undergoes some procedures before it can be achieved.

If you are able to see through the article,what i stated is that no-till is possible on a small scale and not on a large scale because it is not feasible here in Nigeria irrespective of whether you are cultivating corn,cassava or sorghum..... Get that right.
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Nobody: 5:03pm On Nov 24, 2014
Lesgupnigeria:

Not at all. You are free to.ask as many questions as you wish
I own farms and manage farms for people who want to own one but have limited time to oversee them.
You can contact me on *** or email me at *** for more.info

Thanks very much
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by callme2dy(m): 5:06pm On Nov 24, 2014
can you be reached on phone or e-mail ?
Pls.provide it,remain blessed for the education
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Lesgupnigeria(m): 5:35pm On Nov 24, 2014
callme2dy:
can you be reached on phone or e-mail ?
Pls.provide it,remain blessed for the education
Amen.God bless you.
yusuffgbenga@gmail.com or call.me on 08164628081,08092034147
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by megaz: 6:57pm On Nov 24, 2014
pls i av many challenges as regards farming, but my pressing question is, where can i supply my dried maize in lagos or d companies dat buys dem? tanx in advance as i expect answer in earnest from anyone wit useful info.
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:31pm On Nov 24, 2014
megaz:
pls i av many challenges as regards farming, but my pressing question is, where can i supply my dried maize in lagos or d companies dat buys dem? tanx in advance as i expect answer in earnest from anyone wit useful info.
where is your farm located?
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:57pm On Nov 24, 2014
With good.knowledge of the industry, your success is guaranteed.
Expose yourself to imformation.

Information reforms

1 Like

Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Conglao: 10:16pm On Nov 24, 2014
Lesgupnigeria:

Plantain cannot be started this year,you can start with 1000 suckers for a start on am acre of land.
Where are.you proposing to start the plantain business?

Sir kindly clarify if the 1000 suckers is for an acre (6 plots) Or one hectare (15 plots) and do I need to plough and harrow for land preparation to plant plantain.
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by FarmTech(m): 10:49pm On Nov 24, 2014
megaz:
How many bags of maize do you get per hactare or whatever?
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Juliana7: 1:12am On Nov 25, 2014
Nice thread
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by kayjegs: 1:21am On Nov 25, 2014
Nice write-up. Been talking about this for some time now. People can also check this link for supporting information with this. These information will help out

https://www.nairaland.com/1163912/funds-not-business-actually-need

All the best as agropreneurs grow in Nigeria. I'm happy many people have embraced and started business of their own from my thread whose link is above.
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:07am On Nov 25, 2014
kayjegs:
Nice write-up. Been talking about this for some time now. People can also check this link for supporting information with this. These information will help out

https://www.nairaland.com/1163912/funds-not-business-actually-need

All the best as agropreneurs grow in Nigeria. I'm happy many people have embraced and started business of their own from my thread whose link is above.

Good one
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by iamord(m): 7:18am On Nov 25, 2014
Lesgupnigeria:

You can start processing fruits and vegetables on.a small scale.
I dont know whether you have land or building to start from.If you don't you can.lease and start.
Get some locally fabricated machines and start.

A friend started fruit juice production with less than that amount and in 3 years after starting,he was bringing in millions of naira as revenue.

Started from a kiosk selling fruit juice at covenant university back then.

Package the products well,sell at competitive price and pursue your goals, dreams and the sky will be the beginning of great things for you.

Goodluck.
Hello there. Pls what can a budget Of 50k-100k dollars budget do .have a cocoa farm. On ground . But palm nut is currently grown on it due to dropping cocoa prices and poor financing. I got plans of revamping the place. And making some luxury chocolate for export. Basically I want to add more value to the crop. Or what ever will be grown. Am a newbie and have no background on farming. But your views and opinion will be great on this
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:22pm On Nov 25, 2014
iamord:

Hello there. Pls what can a budget Of 50k-100k dollars budget do .have a cocoa farm. On ground . But palm nut is currently grown on it due to dropping cocoa prices and poor financing. I got plans of revamping the place. And making some luxury chocolate for export. Basically I want to add more value to the crop. Or what ever will be grown. Am a newbie and have no background on farming. But your views and opinion will be great on this
I cant say until i visit the farmland
Send me an email on yusuffgbenga@gmail.com to discuss more.
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by iamord(m): 1:49pm On Nov 25, 2014
Lesgupnigeria:

I cant say until i visit the farmland
Send me an email on yusuffgbenga@gmail.com to discuss more.
Lol. Its not in nigeria tho. But I will email u
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Lesgupnigeria(m): 2:45pm On Nov 25, 2014
iamord:

Lol. Its not in nigeria tho. But I will email u
Ok.
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Lesgupnigeria(m): 5:35pm On Nov 25, 2014
Conglao:

Sir kindly clarify if the 1000 suckers is for an acre (6 plots) Or one hectare (15 plots) and do I need to plough and harrow for land preparation to plant plantain.
The 1000 suckers are for an acre of land.There is need to do the land preparation for a good yield.
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Gabson91(m): 7:57pm On Nov 25, 2014
Tnks alot op. i do have d intention of goin into farming, i am tinkin of livestock farming lik poultry n goats, how profitable do u tink it will b admist compitiions
Re: Farming Business Tips That Will Speed Up Your Rate Of Success by Guarantor(m): 4:21am On Nov 26, 2014
nice thread.
how can you assist a novice ?
May God Bless You

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Somebody Poisoned Our Farm. / Red Snapper Fish Caught By Akwa Ibom Local Fishermen / Grasscutter Farming In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.