Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,281 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

Answering The Interview Question...what Do You Value Most In Life? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Answering The Interview Question...what Do You Value Most In Life? (10546 Views)

The Crazy Interview Question "What Is 1+1?" / Question :what Would You Do If You Were This Guy(see What Happened) / Interview Question That Threw Me Off-balance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Answering The Interview Question...what Do You Value Most In Life? by cherieb2(f): 7:48pm On Nov 21, 2014
I went for an interview yesterday and after the normal 'may we meet you' question, the next question took me unaware. 'What do you value most in life?'. I just told them plainly that I value my life most and quickly added that as a graduate I also value my career, cos I feel dats what they want to hear.
So house I want 2 hear your opinion on how best to answer that question.
Re: Answering The Interview Question...what Do You Value Most In Life? by bigiyaro(m): 8:00pm On Nov 21, 2014
U r correct nah! I value my life very very much, Dats why i gatz work to improve it.
Re: Answering The Interview Question...what Do You Value Most In Life? by beau49: 8:16pm On Nov 21, 2014
Exactly what I would have answered at Op
Re: Answering The Interview Question...what Do You Value Most In Life? by Kimmo(f): 8:36pm On Nov 21, 2014
I just thought about this, and the first thing that came to mind is my family. That would have been my answer.
Re: Answering The Interview Question...what Do You Value Most In Life? by Saraha1(f): 8:43pm On Nov 21, 2014
Nice thread.
I came accross such question recently and the first word that came out of my mouth was 'Time'.
I was asked to explain why I value my time so much and I did my best answering.
Even if I did not get the question right, but my ability to be able to defend what I said was all that count at the said time.

We need Human personnel to help with the best responds to such question.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Answering The Interview Question...what Do You Value Most In Life? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Nov 21, 2014
Saraha1, I am not a human resource personnel but you have given the "solidest" answer anyone can ever give.
I don't think employers are interested in your life or family.
They are going to be paying you cash for the value you want to add to the organization.
What they would love to hear are things like the following:

1. You value your time.
2. You value your integrity.
3. Your name.

These are the things that expressly affects the value you will add and how hardworking you would be and how trustworthy and loyal you are.
It's just my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Answering The Interview Question...what Do You Value Most In Life? by cherieb2(f): 12:11am On Nov 22, 2014
@nairamode, u are right, I only tot of integrity after d interview. My head was still booting as at d time that question came, wish it had come at d later time of d interview. @ all, thanks for d contribution
Re: Answering The Interview Question...what Do You Value Most In Life? by Nobody: 12:42am On Nov 22, 2014
cherieb2:
@nairamode, u are right, I only tot of integrity after d interview. My head was still booting as at d time that question came, wish it had come at d later time of d interview. @ all, thanks for d contribution

It still doesnt mean you didnt answer them correctly with what you said. Your answer may have appealed to them.
You may also have performed excellently in the rest of the interview questions.
Stay positive.
Re: Answering The Interview Question...what Do You Value Most In Life? by cherieb2(f): 12:53am On Nov 22, 2014
NairaMode:

It still doesnt mean you didnt answer them correctly with what you said. Your answer may have appealed to them.
You may also have performed excellently in the rest of the interview questions.
Stay positive.

Yeah I believe I did well answering other questions, this one was d most challenging to me n that was y I brought it here, so others can learn. Thanks man.
Re: Answering The Interview Question...what Do You Value Most In Life? by lekzzydo(m): 1:50am On Nov 22, 2014
To the best of my knowledge, I thought wat they asked you is your 'core value'. And ur core values should be many, so just pick one out of them.
Re: Answering The Interview Question...what Do You Value Most In Life? by Saraha1(f): 4:28am On Nov 22, 2014
NairaMode:
Saraha1, I am not a human resource personnel but you have given the "solidest" answer anyone can ever give.
They are going to be paying you cash for the value you want to add to the organization.

1. You value your time.
3. Your name.

These are the things that expressly affects the value you will add and how hardworking you would be and how trustworthy and loyal you are.
It's just my opinion.
Interesting , thanks for the information. Have gained something from your write up.

1 Like

Re: Answering The Interview Question...what Do You Value Most In Life? by kfykdot(f): 9:59pm On Nov 24, 2014
I just gained something from you.I'm adding you straight away.Ŧh̶̲̥̅̊​ǝ̩̥​ƞX̶̲̥̅
NairaMode:

1. You value your time.
3. Your name.

It's just my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Answering The Interview Question...what Do You Value Most In Life? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 24, 2014
kfykdot:
I just gained something from you.I'm adding you straight away.Ŧh̶̲̥̅̊​ǝ̩̥​ƞX̶̲̥̅

Lol.
Okay no wahala naaw.
Re: Answering The Interview Question...what Do You Value Most In Life? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 19, 2015
LIFE IN CHRIST
Re: Answering The Interview Question...what Do You Value Most In Life? by FlyingTOMATOE: 7:08am On Jun 09, 2019
cherieb2:
I went for an interview yesterday and after the normal 'may we meet you' question, the next question took me unaware. 'What do you value most in life?'. I just told them plainly that I value my life most and quickly added that as a graduate I also value my career, cos I feel dats what they want to hear.
So house I want 2 hear your opinion on how best to answer that question.
wow went for an interview a week ago and I was asked this question. I was caught unaware and I stutter. Although I got better with the other questions

(1) (Reply)

Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? / 4 Possible Reasons You Aren’t Getting Any Interviews / GTB Debunk Recruitment Exercise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.