Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,139 members, 7,811,203 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? (10549 Views)

Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK / Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? / Lady Caught On CCTV Dancing Outside Her New Place Of Work After Getting A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by Gabflex: 9:58pm On Apr 27, 2021
pls Pardon my poor writing.
Am 25yrs and I live with my parents. I have never lived outside my parents roof since i was born, I feel its kind of slowing down progress not because I live with them but because I feel comfortable.

I really love my parents and can't stand to watch them go through stress, especially my mum. that woman na Gold, she too try.

I got a job recently and I thought I should get my own apartment close to work.

one reason is people who held the post got transfered in less than 2-3yrs to another state and i learnt once ur good, u get promoted and transfered to be working in a branch outside the state.

salary around 30-40k
Transport from my parents house: #350 per day.

some people are telling me to remain in my parents house and save since i wont be paying house rent in my father's house.
getting a house close to work will cost me 30-50 per annum for a room (not self con)
I base In western part of Nigeria.

I want to be responsible and also my privacy really matters.

what do you think guys?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by liveyourlife007(m): 10:08pm On Apr 27, 2021
It's a good idea if you want to start living on your own,at that age, some of your mates are married, since you also mentioned staying with your parents is slowing down your progress, I know it may be hard to leave your comfort zone and all that, but believe me you will enjoy the Freedom and respect that comes with it. You can always visit your parents anytime. Go and Conquer.
Gabflex:
Am 25yrs and I live with my parents. I have never lived outside my parents roof since i was born, I feel its kind of slowing down progress not because I live with them but because I feel comfortable.

I really love my parents and can't stand to watch them go through stress, especially my mum. that woman na Gold, she too try.

one reason is people who held the post got transfered in less than 2-3yrs to another state and i learnt once ur good, u get promoted and transfered to be working in a branch outside the state.

salary around 30-40k

some people are telling me to remain in my parents house and save since i wont be paying house rent in my father's house.
getting a house close to work will cost me 30-50 per annum for a room (not self con)

what do you think guys?

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Apr 27, 2021
Have your parents given you any discredit

now sit down and calculate how much you might loose on rent

17 Likes

Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by Gabflex: 11:24pm On Apr 27, 2021
liveyourlife007:
It's a good idea if you want to start living on your own,at that age, some of your mates are married, since you also mentioned staying with your parents is slowing down your progress, I know it may be hard to leave your comfort zone and all that, but believe me you will enjoy the Freedom and respect that comes with it. You can always visit your parents anytime. Go and Conquer.

God bless you

2 Likes

Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by liveyourlife007(m): 2:25am On Apr 28, 2021
Amen. God bless you too
Gabflex:

God bless you
Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by Greyworld: 3:00am On Apr 28, 2021
You see that same mama wen you call gold now at 25 won't be happy to let you leave at 30 or even 35. Then you go know she is diamond.

Bros I advise you to leave if yu think you can handle being on your own. After all you would leave someday.

Ask your dad at what age did he leave his father's house.

19 Likes

Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by Johnmax95(m): 9:56am On Apr 28, 2021
The feeling of Independence is great but plan your exit intelligently. Use this period to save as much as you can but ensure you contribute to ease the financial burdens on your parents..

I design stylish and amazing websites at a very low cost. @15k minimum. This caters for domain, hosting and emails. Call/WhatsApp 0816,852,4235

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by DamnnNiggarr: 9:57am On Apr 28, 2021
shocked

Stay in your parents' house for now,
Work at least 1yr in order to master the work and save a little.
If you rush out now that you don't know anything about the job, you might get hurt.

Immediately you mastered the job and saved a little, you can now pack out of the house.
Pay no attention to those telling you to dwell in your parents house forever just because of what you'll gain there, me I packed out of my parents house at the age of 22yrs even with a meagre salary of 1.5k( though, that's about 23yrs ago)
And I learned a lot, as the saying goes that experience is the best teacher.
Do it, so that you'll learn to be independent in any situation you may find yourself.
That's an elderly advise.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by Pastorjohn2: 9:57am On Apr 28, 2021
The salary of 30k
How much is a bag of rice talk less of rent,feeding electricity and then transportation?

You better stay with your parents
Speak to your parents at least to know their thoughts on the matter

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by StylesX: 9:57am On Apr 28, 2021
Some are in Thier thirties and still in Thier parents house, just know if you move you can't come back anymore, with the way job insecurity is in Nigeria, you might loose the job at anytime, be sure that the job will sustain you and be constant so it won't be had I known, if your parents aren't pressuring you to move out stay put, everything is unpredictable in nigeria.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by hustla(m): 9:57am On Apr 28, 2021
Gabflex:

salary around 30-40k

what do you think guys?

Save for 6 to 7 months first and then move from there

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by richmond500: 9:58am On Apr 28, 2021
I think u should leave, ur transport only will take 90k yearly
Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by phr0nesis(m): 9:58am On Apr 28, 2021
Remain with them for now, it will help you save. 40k isn't enough to cover all your expenses including house rent. I left home before getting a job and I know what I went through.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by Bbbwings: 9:58am On Apr 28, 2021
Think very well.
Your expenses will definitely be more than 40k each month.
Have you been to the market recently?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by Iseoluwani: 9:59am On Apr 28, 2021
Gabflex:

salary around 30-40k

what do you think guys?

now you are becoming a man. leave home but don't be a damn niggar
Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by design104: 9:59am On Apr 28, 2021
YEP
Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by Nobody: 9:59am On Apr 28, 2021
pls leave home but weekends should be a good time to visit home and be of help to family...

again save save and save... look for a good lady too who works as well.

meanwhile

do you need to track a stollen phone or dom you want to monitor any whatsapp line
do you need to know what that person does on his or her whatsapp

just call in on

Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by Onyi22(f): 9:59am On Apr 28, 2021
grin grin Chai Mummy thank ma full Nairaland
Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by Fall2021: 9:59am On Apr 28, 2021
It really breaks my heart when I hear that people actually earn N30k per month with the high cost of living. This country is a disaster

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by lovinhubby2wife(m): 10:00am On Apr 28, 2021
How do you plan on feeding? that should be above 25k per month. where do you plan to get money for rent and other stuff from?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by CryptoTeacher(m): 10:00am On Apr 28, 2021
You've done the maths. And it's time to be a man. Leave that comfort zone and build yourself better.
Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by Springboot: 10:01am On Apr 28, 2021
Don't even think about it, work for at least two years or more before making attempt to leave your house, ignore the pressure from peers or social media.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by SmartyPants(m): 10:02am On Apr 28, 2021
Gabflex:

salary around 30-40k

what do you think guys?

Slow down before you fall into the trap of increasing your expenses in proportion to your income. At least earn for a while, save some, and then move out comfortably. You don't need privacy while you are still poor!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by fatymore(f): 10:02am On Apr 28, 2021
30/40k.... And you want to start dreaming of getting a new apartment

Nigeria isn't smiling for now o.

By the time you pay utility bills, feeding and transport fee you won't have enough to save.

Plus 50k per annum is face me I face you so which privacy are you looking at

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by revived: 10:02am On Apr 28, 2021
E go be
Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by AmazingELixir: 10:04am On Apr 28, 2021
lipsrsealed

Op if you know what is good for you better remain in your parents house, N40k as salary is peanut in the current economic situation of things.

It will count as failure if you move out and later rush back in as a result of hardship, it will be understandable if you're being transferred outside the state.

Paddy man stay with mummy and daddy dey flex your comfort dey go jejely until you start earning something reasonable.

My 2cent.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by FiverrTutor(m): 10:04am On Apr 28, 2021
If you have the patience. I would advise you stay with them for about 6 months before you finally move out.
Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by Anaerobi(m): 10:05am On Apr 28, 2021
My dear, stay with your parents for now... in Nigeria... 50k no b money...

it's not easy out there o.

please stay with them, save some little money, also be assisting them and also try to invest too.

when the time to leave comes you will know...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by StepTwo: 10:05am On Apr 28, 2021
Bro, save money while still with your parents and save real good. Nigeria is very unpredictable right now. Food prices are on a daily rise, you night not see it now because maybe you don't do the buying but I can tell you that 30k salary is not good enough for you to be on your own right now. Take more time to think about your decision.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by tiswell(m): 10:14am On Apr 28, 2021
angry
Iseoluwani:

now you are becoming a man. leave home but don't be a damn niggar
Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by Nobody: 10:15am On Apr 28, 2021
tiswell
Re: Should I Leave Home After Getting A Job? by Khd95(m): 10:17am On Apr 28, 2021
you better stay in ur papa house, salary of 30k monthly would barely sustain u thru the month when u start living alone, u have not factored in nepa bill, monthly fee for security and cleaners, foodstuff and other miscellaneous expenses, when u stay with your, all these will be avoided excep[t occasionally when u give your mom money to buy food stuff in the house and once in a while buy stuff for ur parents, this will help you save a whole lot

staying in ur father's house does not slow down ur progress oga, when u stay alone, you will be exposed to whole lot that will even distract you from making some critical decisions, because i am speaking from experience.

you can be 30 and still live with ur parents, so far you are a responsible child and useful to them, no let people decieve you thatt at 25 you should have your house and all that, there is so much debit alert outside ooo so stay with your papa and be useful to ur parents, u have a job now you wont be at hme all the time and that will earn u more respect, thank you

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4 Possible Reasons You Aren’t Getting Any Interviews / Answering The Interview Question...what Do You Value Most In Life? / Some Dos And Don't On Job Interview.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.