Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,474 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight (61714 Views)

Harmful Effects Of Taking Shisha / Diseases You Can Get From Drinking Too Much Garri / Effect Of Excess Intake Of Garri On Eyes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by Ndipe(m): 2:11am On Nov 22, 2014
In college, we called it ECOWAS
Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by kulboy(m): 2:33am On Nov 22, 2014
Vivly:

Unipar, France.
Please do me a favour.
Vote Kulboy tomorrow as Mr NL at 10.am. Tag all your followers to vote too. Thanks smiley
Thank you My Lady.
Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by fr3do(m): 2:38am On Nov 22, 2014
Tex42:
na watin the op talk

I no even read the post

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by trano(m): 3:34am On Nov 22, 2014
politricks:
What is garri?......i schooled in otueke.
am sure u didn't wear sandals to school.
Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by dotG(m): 3:44am On Nov 22, 2014
asking me to stop taking garri a.k.a. garrison is like asking me not to browse the Internet again. .....I kill you. .
Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by Nobody: 4:06am On Nov 22, 2014
Imagine undecided
Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by Nobody: 4:07am On Nov 22, 2014
Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by Omero(m): 5:50am On Nov 22, 2014
MizTyna:
I better go blind! I love drinking garri with chilled water and kilishi undecided
corrrect babe.
Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by Kbraims(m): 6:03am On Nov 22, 2014
Up up up Garions sulphate... HURRAY!!! I pledge 2 student power(SP)
Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by KMB: 6:10am On Nov 22, 2014
At least 85% rich and poor Nigerians soak and drink garri.

Reading this topic has triggered my garri button.

OP forget o
Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by deejayALFY(m): 6:32am On Nov 22, 2014
Vivly:
I miss drinking garri. Since I started schooling in France, it's been French rolls, French nuts etc.
Can someone please send me garri to University of Paris, France via DHL?
how much quantity du u require...i can
Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by Coolguy89(m): 6:33am On Nov 22, 2014
Garri is d best student food,garri 4 life grin
Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by Nobody: 6:42am On Nov 22, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
*singing story for the gods*

Give me ijebu garri or just white garri, with groundnut/chilled water/sugar/salt and I am good to go. grin .
My eyes are very sharp o, I can recognise ya whole family from their negative picture gaan. grin
Abeg, make u share am with me
Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by talima(m): 6:44am On Nov 22, 2014
Ishilove:
Lol. Garium Sulphate bp, aka Cassava flakes is the staple food of the common man so it's going to be challenging for him to let go cheesy
they have come to remove subsidy from garri, bad belliess
Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by darne(m): 6:50am On Nov 22, 2014
Garri, mehn this stuff has saved my life gan o grin grin

Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by misreal(m): 7:13am On Nov 22, 2014
SeunEatsGARRI:
Seun, you are a hypocrite.

You can see the love we Nairalanders have for GARRI yet you go about pretending you've never eaten GARRI before!

Seun you are a hypocrite undecided
he even bans us from talking about garri....

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by Exponental(m): 7:37am On Nov 22, 2014
team garri ijebu.

Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by pamcode(m): 7:40am On Nov 22, 2014
A day without garri is an unutilized day - wasted opportunity. Garri +sugar + milk=Goodlife
Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by thaoriginator: 8:02am On Nov 22, 2014
Igboh nko?
Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by bigiyaro(m): 8:13am On Nov 22, 2014
If WHO knows the quantity of cassa flakes i have consumed in my life, dem go form special committee to investigate why i have not gone blind or have any eye defects whatsoever.
Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by willorie(f): 8:21am On Nov 22, 2014
Princecalm:
And this keeps me wondering why some boarding students has not gone blind

my dear, now l knw why they do
Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by willorie(f): 8:22am On Nov 22, 2014
Princecalm:
And this keeps me wondering why some boarding students has not gone blind

my dear, now l knw why they do
nothin were no get disadvantage angry
Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by willorie(f): 8:24am On Nov 22, 2014
misreal:
he even bans us from talking about garri....

Lol cheesy cheesy
Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by kulboy(m): 8:50am On Nov 22, 2014
ignis:

Done....
Sweet grin
Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by ghost1718(m): 8:50am On Nov 22, 2014
i have been drinking garri since i was 2years old and have not complained about eye problem, why now i am 20+ years?? I dont believe this shit, W.H.O is wrong this time around,(Garri until my grandpa win world best
Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by harry509: 8:52am On Nov 22, 2014
Akbee:
Consumption of garri is as important as
anything among the populace of West
Africa like Togo, Nigeria, Benin Republic
and others. It gains this importance not
only because of its cheap and readily
available source of food but also a fast
food which requires sugar, coconut,
groundnut, meat, fish, or processed
preferred products like Kulikuli (yoruba) and
water for the readiness of its consumption.

Its transformation into other foods like Eba
also increases its vitality and consumption
among the African populace to the extent
that it calls for no public advertisement
before its sale us made. However, the
consumption if this African renowned grain
has been reported to cause detriments to
the eye like blindness, anemia, cough,
among others. Most importantly, eye
defects which have made some populace
enemies to the consumption of garri and
its by food products.

Arguably, the cause
of this is reported to be the presence of
excess hydrocyanic acid in cassava which
garri is made from due to unwell
processing. The recommendation by WHO
is at most 10ppm of cyanic acid in the
food product. However, its excess,
continuous and frequent consumption may
cause the accumulation and thereby
leading to its adverse effects. The presence
of this acid in cassava could be
understood as the water extract from
cassava kills plants because of its
concentrated form.

Aside eye defects, this
organic acid also causes intestinal
problems and make ulcer patient to
deteriorate. Same goes to other cassava
product s which when not well processed
will cause harm than than good.

Conclusively, excess frequent taking of
garri especially unwell processed one can
hinder one's health and give room for
unhealthiness.

Recommendation

- All our garri producers should learn the
technical know-how of well garri
processing and quality control activities
should be put in place.

- Verification of sources of food nutrient
should be cultivated ; carbohydrates should
be sought from other diverse sources
which are more nutrient rich example
potatoes, brown rice.

- Other complementing source of food
should be sought is as to reduce its lethal
effect.

NOTE: Eye defects could as well be caused based on one or more of the
following:

- Genetics

- Environmental factor

- Nutrient deficiency

- Nonchalant acts

- Lack of healthy practice.

Source:www.news24.com/nigeria/MyNews24/Effect-of-taking-too-much-garri-on-sight-20141121
yoruba people like drinking of garri 2much. Early as 5A.M n d mni drinking of garri don strt.
Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by Nobody: 8:54am On Nov 22, 2014
Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by chibwike(m): 8:56am On Nov 22, 2014
ghost1718:
i have been drinking garri since i was 2years old and have not complained about eye problem, why now i am 20+ years?? I dont believe this shit, W.H.O is wrong this time around,(Garri until my grandpa win world best
Bro wats up nw..the finals is today oh by 10am...and am counting on you..thanks a whole lot
Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by jevic(m): 8:56am On Nov 22, 2014
I no de too take garri cause of my sight.
But if you de take am and t's okay with you, especially your sight, carry go.
Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by ijbeauty(f): 9:01am On Nov 22, 2014
undecided This is all I have to say

#teamGarri.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Coronavirus Suspect Dies In Omole, Lagos / Mia Khalifa's Boob Deflates After Being Hit By A Hockey Ball / IUD Turns Woman's Ovary To Black, Loses Her Legs (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.