Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,854 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:27 AM

Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight (61568 Views)

Harmful Effects Of Taking Shisha / Diseases You Can Get From Drinking Too Much Garri / Effect Of Excess Intake Of Garri On Eyes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by Vivly(f): 9:31pm On Nov 21, 2014
englishmart:
so you were later admitted? Wow congratulations!
I'm on my final year in universite Du lille. But garri is sold at afrik Du France"
Merci. How's your ecole?
I'll check the afrik later.

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by Orikinla(m): 9:33pm On Nov 21, 2014
Do people still do that in Nigeria?
Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by mgolo(m): 9:34pm On Nov 21, 2014
It's a popular myth and no medical and practical evidence whatsoever. Let this falsehood end here. Ask any Optometrists or Ophtalmologist.
Infact being the cultural staple of the Ijebus in Ogun state, generations and their townships should have been colonies of the blind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by englishmart(m): 9:39pm On Nov 21, 2014
Vivly:
Merci. How's your ecole?
I'll check the afrik later.
Mon Ammie, tu parle Français beau coup?
Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by beau49: 9:39pm On Nov 21, 2014
jauntty:
Garri doesn't cause itchy eye (I can give some advice on those itchy eyes)....but on a lighter note : try ijebu garri + goundnut/kulikuli + Cold water. Ur itchy eye acrimony will turn to testimony

Lwtmb.....trust me I have been testified the goodness of ijebu garri with other components you mentioned. But am serious I had to stop taking it.
Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by Nobody: 9:40pm On Nov 21, 2014
MizTyna:
I better go blind! I love drinking garri with chilled water and kilishi undecided
I love u
Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by Ventura1: 9:43pm On Nov 21, 2014
Chai! that fermented water when garri is soaked for drinking is like palm wine

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by darlenese(f): 9:45pm On Nov 21, 2014
Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by susanbussy(f): 9:47pm On Nov 21, 2014
ajasa4link:

Yes I was told that by the doctor and I even Google search the meaning of allergic conjunctivitis and I read the causes, But yet the doctor advised me to stop taking garri which I did. And I saw improvement when I did
Conjunctivitis is a virus infection and has nothing to do with gari....
Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by Vivly(f): 9:47pm On Nov 21, 2014
englishmart:
Mon Ammie, tu parle Français beau coup?

Très bien. Se il vous plaît, votez pour Kulboy demain
Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by darlenese(f): 9:48pm On Nov 21, 2014
Orikinla:
Do people still do that in Nigeria?

U won show urself abi
Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by Ayo199(m): 9:50pm On Nov 21, 2014
Gari dun o loyin!
Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by bobkezel(m): 9:51pm On Nov 21, 2014
Abeg mek una forget all these deception joor. Our ancestors and forefathers wey drink am throughout their life times dem blind? There is no truth in that lies, just deception, envy and jealousy.

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by Jimmyo3(m): 9:51pm On Nov 21, 2014
But during processing the water is thoroughly squeezed out for 2 to 3 days b4 frying 2 further dry up the water,plus the introduction of palm oil mixed with garri for the production of vitamin A to help protect the eye..so nairalanders u can continue with ur red garri.
Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by englishmart(m): 9:52pm On Nov 21, 2014
Vivly:

Très bien. Se il vous plaît, votez pour Kulboy demain
non. Je suis voteur NAIJABOIY ademain!
Merci!
Aurevoir
Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by ireneony(f): 9:53pm On Nov 21, 2014
fidzy:

Chai...u sef lie pass the OP
why would I lie. not everybody eat garri. I do have stomach constipation.
Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by ajasa4link: 9:54pm On Nov 21, 2014
susanbussy:

Allergic conjunctivitis is not the same thing with the normal conjunctivitis ( Apollo ) u know. They are two different things. Allergic conjunctivitis has no cure, conjunctivitis does.
Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by Afrok(m): 9:54pm On Nov 21, 2014
jauntty:
Indomie is worst than garri when it come to eye sight. A friend of mine did a research back then in school (UNIBEN) and the result shows that "indomie-Ish" people are more likely to develop optic nerve neuropathy in the eye. So team_garri wins.
thank u sir! Team garri all the way. I've got nothing to fear again coz i had already booked for a balanced garri diet, no stopping even if the price of garri keeps increasing in d marketcheesy.
Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by dammydainty: 9:56pm On Nov 21, 2014
Princecalm:
And this keeps me wondering why some boarding students has not gone blind

I tire ooo...lol
Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by Afrok(m): 9:57pm On Nov 21, 2014
englishmart:
Merci!
Aurevoir
can somebody tell dis monsieur and madmoiselle to go to Franceland? They're interrupting our garri thread:p
Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by Dexpro: 9:58pm On Nov 21, 2014
Madam.....Y you de form
ireneony:
naturálly i dont drink garri, cos few times i try to drink garri, i have stomach upset. i dont drink garri
Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by Vivly(f): 9:58pm On Nov 21, 2014
englishmart:
Merci!
Aurevoir
Aurevoir!
Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by jauntty: 9:59pm On Nov 21, 2014
susanbussy:

My dear tell them ooo . To add to that...conjunctivitis can actually be viral, bacterial, chymdial etc......But no "GARRIal" conjunctivitis exist.
Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 21, 2014
*singing story for the gods*

Give me ijebu garri or just white garri, with groundnut/chilled water/sugar/salt and I am good to go. grin .
My eyes are very sharp o, I can recognise ya whole family from their negative picture gaan. grin

4 Likes

Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by englishmart(m): 10:01pm On Nov 21, 2014
Afrok:
can somebody tell dis monsieur and madmoiselle to go to Franceland? They're interrupting our garri thread:p
lol.
Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by Rapsainot(m): 10:02pm On Nov 21, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

Give me ijebu garri or just white garri, with groundnut/chilled water/sugar/salt and I am good to go. grin .
My eyes is very sharp o, I can recognise ya whole family from their negative picture gaan. grin
help me tell them ooo grin
Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by jauntty: 10:02pm On Nov 21, 2014
ajasa4link:

Allergic conjunctivitis is not the same thing with the normal conjunctivitis ( Apollo ) u know. They are two different things. Allergic conjunctivitis has no cure, conjunctivitis does.
U are rite to some extent. Actually Apollo is viral conj and doesn't require a cure. Like cattarh it will run its course and go by itself.

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by englishmart(m): 10:02pm On Nov 21, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

My eyes is very sharp o, I can recognise ya whole family from their negative picture gaan. grin
Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by Samzzy94(m): 10:05pm On Nov 21, 2014
honeyway:
I still remember my old doings in school......mixing of garri and sugar...using biro case as strall.....inside the class

Me sef do am tayaa cheesy cheesy
Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by ireneony(f): 10:06pm On Nov 21, 2014
Dexpro:
Madam.....Y you de form
I nor de form, I only de talk the truth. at home am not allowed to drink garri cos of the pain I do have. I admire people who drink garri. my immediate younger sister love to garri, so what's your point
Re: Effects Of Taking Too Much Garri On Sight by drololaaof: 10:07pm On Nov 21, 2014
You miss out many things .what really happen is dat drinking GARRI alone can lead to vitamin deficiency, demyelination shaking etc. But wen you eat garri or other cassava product with fish,meat,groundnut, coconut. milketc you will have no problem. The most important info is to ferment the grounded cassava for 5 days before frying .Do not paint our staple food black

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

COVID-19: Goat, Sheep, Pawpaw Test Positive In Tanzania. President Orders Probe / My Experience With HIV Testing Today. / Kano COVID-19 Patients Hold Doctors And Nurse Hostage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.