Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

Early Copy Of The Qur’an Discovered - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Early Copy Of The Qur’an Discovered (1898 Views)

Effects Of Reciting The Qur’an In Comparison To Music / Qur’an – The Centripetal Force / The Blood Qur’an – Written With The Blood Of Saddam Hussein (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Early Copy Of The Qur’an Discovered by tbaba1234: 8:20pm On Nov 21, 2014
"Indeed, it is We who sent down the Qur'an and indeed, We will be its guardian." Quran 15:9

Early copy of the Qur’an discovered
Researchers in Germany have discovered that a manuscript of Qur’an written between 20 and 40 years after the Prophet Muhammad’s death, making it one of the earliest copies of the Islamic holy book known to be in existence.

Scholars at the Coranica Project, part of the University of Tübingen, examined a manuscript written in Kufic script, one of the oldest forms of Arabic writing. Using carbon-14 dating on three samples of the manuscript parchment, the researchers concluded that it was more than 95 percent likely to have originated in the period 649-675 AD.

The manuscript is one of more than 20 fragments of Kufic script held by the Tübingen University Library. This particular item was donated to the university in the 19th century.

The entire manuscript has already been digitized and can be viewed here.

The Coranica project, a collaboration between the Académie des Inscriptions et Belles-Lettres Paris and the Berlin-Brandenburgischen Academy of the Sciences and Humanities, sponsored by the German Research Foundation (DFG) and France’s Agence Nationale de la Recherche (ANR). The project investigates the Quran in the context of its historical background using documents such as manuscripts and information derived from archaeological excavations.

http://www.medievalists.net/2014/11/17/early-copy-quran-discovered/

2 Likes

Re: Early Copy Of The Qur’an Discovered by tbaba1234: 8:21pm On Nov 21, 2014

1 Like

Re: Early Copy Of The Qur’an Discovered by tbaba1234: 8:21pm On Nov 21, 2014
Re: Early Copy Of The Qur’an Discovered by tbaba1234: 8:22pm On Nov 21, 2014

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Early Copy Of The Qur’an Discovered by tbaba1234: 8:22pm On Nov 21, 2014
Re: Early Copy Of The Qur’an Discovered by sino(m): 9:10pm On Nov 21, 2014
Subhanallah! So this is a blessed writing of a companion or a tabi'in? So this is how they write back then? I find it difficult to make a sentence, except the last picture with Bismillah Ar-Rahman Ar-Raheem in the beginning...Allahu Akbar!
Re: Early Copy Of The Qur’an Discovered by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 21, 2014
Subhanallah.

This is really amazing.
Can anyone tell us the surah I have difficulty reading the ayyas
Re: Early Copy Of The Qur’an Discovered by lanrexlan(m): 12:43am On Nov 22, 2014
sino:
Subhanallah! So this is a blessed writing of a companion or a tabi'in? So this is how they write back then? I find it difficult to make a sentence, except the last picture with Bismillah Ar-Rahman Ar-Raheem in the beginning...Allahu Akbar!
I think they are writing in ancient/old arabic because I can't see a dot on their 'faf' and 'qaf' has one dot on it.
Re: Early Copy Of The Qur’an Discovered by sino(m): 11:34pm On Nov 23, 2014
lanrexlan:
I think they are writing in ancient/old arabic because I can't see a dot on their 'faf' and 'qaf' has one dot on it.
Indeed it's an old script, Imagine people having to learn the Qur'an with this style now... lipsrsealed

Alhamdulilah!
Re: Early Copy Of The Qur’an Discovered by tbaba1234: 12:12am On Nov 24, 2014
sino:

Indeed it's an old script, Imagine people having to learn the Qur'an with this style now... lipsrsealed

Alhamdulilah!

Those red dots are by later scribes, there were no dots or vowel signs...

SubhanAllah!
Re: Early Copy Of The Qur’an Discovered by sino(m): 9:47pm On Nov 25, 2014
tbaba1234:

Those red dots are by later scribes, there were no dots or vowel signs...

SubhanAllah!

Imagine no dots or vowel signs, i guess majority were fixed on the oral recitation, cos the transition is quite amazing, from this to what we have now is just amazing... Subhanallah!
Re: Early Copy Of The Qur’an Discovered by tbaba1234: 10:16pm On Nov 25, 2014
sino:

Imagine no dots or vowel signs, i guess majority were fixed on the oral recitation, cos the transition is quite amazing, from this to what we have now is just amazing... Subhanallah!

Those vowel signs were invented for non arabs.
Re: Early Copy Of The Qur’an Discovered by sino(m): 10:37pm On Nov 25, 2014
tbaba1234:

Those vowel signs were invented for non arabs.

The inventors were life-savers grin

(1) (Reply)

Fatwa On Music By The Grand Mufti And Shaykh Of Al-azhar / Build A Mosque In Your Lifetime. / Mild Sins Demand Penance Or Punishment But No Forgiveness For Serious Sins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.