Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,594 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

Do We Still Have A Governor In Kogi State? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do We Still Have A Governor In Kogi State? (1863 Views)

I Criticise Buhari As Most Senior Governor In Nigeria — Fayose / Malpractices In Kogi, Bayelsa Elections Unfortunate, Says Buhari / 5 Months As A Governor, I Am Already Tired - El Rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do We Still Have A Governor In Kogi State? by shogat(m): 8:44am On Nov 22, 2014
I was shocked when the rumours of the demise of our Governor, Captain Idris Wada went viral in the state last month. The most bizarre aspect is the celebration of the supposed death in some parts of the state. The scenarios made me wonder if we now celebrate or mourn the deaths of fellow humans like us. I tried to figure out what kogites were truly razzing for and after a glimpse at the present situation of the state, I discovered that it will be unjust for me to lay blame on the citizens for their attitude.

Kogi State has been unlucky or rather unable to have a good leader since its creation but it’s obvious the administration of Captain Idris has proven with no reasonable doubt to be the worst amongst the past administrations. Nobody is going to applaud the non-payment of workers’ salaries most especially the primary school and Local Govt. staff that has increased the rate of poverty in the State. Also the infrastructure in the State is nothing to write home about.

I used to think that Kogi West is the one having the larger share of the ineptitude of the Government basically because the Governor is not from the district but not until my foray to other parts of the State. I was very disappointed and I can categorically say that Captain Idris Wada has been dormant as the Governor of the State and I’m ready to debate with anybody that can state three tangible dividends of his Government with proofs that we have enjoyed since his assumption of office.

The Captain is retrogressing the State, the capital is under developed, our township roads are bad and our health and education sectors have deteriorated. It is only in my State that the Governor will travel kilometres to commission a block of two classrooms when the teachers are on strike because of the non-payment of their minimum wage-hilarious indeed. No vision, no agenda but the only time the Governor is being featured on the news is always when he’s involved in an accident causing the deaths of others.

The Governor is not dead but his Government and it is high time he resurrected from his slumber and dormancy. We need transformation and changes in the State, also there should be improvement in the standard of living of Kogites. Captain Idris should fulfill his obligation and the purpose why he was elected. #ForaBetterKogi

funsho michaels
www.facebook.com/shogat
www.twitter.com/st_shogat

3 Likes

Re: Do We Still Have A Governor In Kogi State? by dhabeautyjas(f): 9:10am On Nov 22, 2014
this government only knows how to kill its citizens with their convoy within the state capital without even stopping to check the casialty.
kogi is very unlucky and i think the people worship money so it will be difficult to get a good governor
Re: Do We Still Have A Governor In Kogi State? by Billygee2u: 9:15am On Nov 22, 2014
now you asked ,whom will I ask?
but ,you can ask the Kogians
Re: Do We Still Have A Governor In Kogi State? by Ovamboland(m): 9:48am On Nov 22, 2014
But they told has mental instability and you people still voted for him, just endure you can either make a clean break in 2015 or bring in another clueless leader
Re: Do We Still Have A Governor In Kogi State? by Arch1: 10:08am On Nov 22, 2014
Kogi state has been under the bondage of PDP since 1999. Kick PDP out of Kogi state
Re: Do We Still Have A Governor In Kogi State? by shogat(m): 10:28am On Nov 22, 2014
we need to change power
Re: Do We Still Have A Governor In Kogi State? by Oklander: 7:10pm On Nov 22, 2014
Ovamboland:
But they told has mental instability and you people still voted for him, just endure you can either make a clean break in 2015 or bring in another clueless leader
Our votes doesn't count!
Re: Do We Still Have A Governor In Kogi State? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 22, 2014
Hallmark of pdp states
Re: Do We Still Have A Governor In Kogi State? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Nov 22, 2014
Please ask Acidosis. He is no more concerned about his state. He has now turned to a Buhari hater.

2 Likes

Re: Do We Still Have A Governor In Kogi State? by idu1(m): 8:15pm On Nov 22, 2014
Ask PDP and igala tribe
Re: Do We Still Have A Governor In Kogi State? by focus7: 8:33pm On Nov 22, 2014
Ask PDP
Re: Do We Still Have A Governor In Kogi State? by Acidosis(m): 11:52pm On Nov 23, 2014
If you want change; then you have to endure till 2028 smiley

I, Acidosis, will become the Governor of the state in 2028.

Do not mind those blaming PDP; this has nothing to do with PDP. The first executive governor of the state, Prince Abubakar Audu stole Kogi's money in billions of naira.

The said culprit is now a celebrant in APC. Infact, you need to see how his fellow rogues celebrate him whenever they go for "Salvation" rally.

Very funny governor grin How can a governor in office build a state university with state's money and then name the institution - Prince Abubakar Audu University grin grin grin

We just do not have good leaders with vision. Politics is a popularity contest, hence the most popular will always have it.

Kogi, like many states in Nigeria is a "civil service" state. Sadly, the land mass is larger than other civil service states in the country. The kind of money that will construct a dualize road from Egbe to Anyigba will construct all the roads in Lagos state.

Do not be decieved, 1000 politicians cannot save Kogi smiley but 3 Dangotes can. Google Kogi state & you'll discover we have the highest number of mineral resources in the country smiley

Where is our gold? Oil? Limestone?

1 Like

Re: Do We Still Have A Governor In Kogi State? by hardebounty(m): 1:48am On Nov 24, 2014
I disagree on what u assertion on Prince Audu, he is one of the best Gov kogi eva produced (if nt d BEST), Kogi pple are really suffering no presence of any form of Govt there.. Over 7month strike of primary skool teachers..

#ma advice the Enlighten Kogi youth need to take charge (the illiteracy level in Kogi is too HIGH inspite of numerous higher institution of learning)..
Re: Do We Still Have A Governor In Kogi State? by Nobody: 5:52am On Nov 24, 2014
Acidosis:
If you want change; then you have to endure till 2028 smiley

I, Acidosis, will become the Governor of the state in 2028.

Do not mind those blaming PDP; this has nothing to do with PDP. The first executive governor of the state, Prince Abubakar Audu stole Kogi's money in billions of naira.

The said culprit is now a celebrant in APC. Infact, you need to see how his fellow rogues celebrate him whenever they go for "Salvation" rally.

Very funny governor grin How can a governor in office build a state university with state's money and then name the institution - Prince Abubakar Audu University grin grin grin

We just do not have good leaders with vision. Politics is a popularity contest, hence the most popular will always have it.

Kogi, like many states in Nigeria is a "civil service" state. Sadly, the land mass is larger than other civil service states in the country. The kind of money that will construct a dualize road from Egbe to Anyigba will construct all the roads in Lagos state.

Do not be decieved, 1000 politicians cannot save Kogi smiley but 3 Dangotes can. Google Kogi state & you'll discover we have the highest number of mineral resources in the country smiley

Where is our gold? Oil? Limestone?

Am sure you won't say the same if APC has been governing the state since 1999 with NO results.
Absolutely Nothing!!

If you intend to change the state when you become governor, why can't your PDP governors do the same? undecided

Or how do you intend to produce 3 Dangote's? undecided

Am so ashamed of that cesspit called a state.

Illiteracy stinks everywhere in that state. angry

A state with so much potential sad

Anyway, Long live kogi central. kiss
Re: Do We Still Have A Governor In Kogi State? by Nobody: 6:09am On Nov 24, 2014
Re: Do We Still Have A Governor In Kogi State? by Nobody: 6:11am On Nov 24, 2014
dhabeautyjas:
this government only knows how to kill its citizens with their convoy within the state capital without even stopping to check the casialty.
kogi is very unlucky and i think the people worship money so it will be difficult to get a good governor

Blood sucking demons.

The people don't worship money. They are poor and the politicians keep them poor to exploit them.
Re: Do We Still Have A Governor In Kogi State? by Acidosis(m): 7:51am On Nov 24, 2014
Joavid:

Am sure you won't say the same if APC has been governing the state since 1999 with NO results.
Absolutely Nothing!!

If you intend to change the state when you become governor, why can't your PDP governors do the same? undecided

Or how do you intend to produce 3 Dangote's? undecided

Am so ashamed of that cesspit called a state.

Illiteracy stinks everywhere in that state. angry

A state with so much potential sad

Anyway, Long live kogi central. kiss

Who are those in APC? Saints?
We are talking about the same sets of rogues who left PDP & ANPP angrily.

Iliteracy was planted when people like Audu & Ibrahim Idris employed their illiterate brothers in thousands to rule education ministry & classrooms.

Captain Wada is the first governor ever to advertise multiple job openings since 1991. Wada came in and discovered he has been paying salaries to ghost workers. The sad truth is most of these teachers would eventually be sacked.

More so, Local Govt everywhere find it difficult to pay salaries because they over-employ their brothers, most of whom aren't qualified.

Our people depend only on government jobs since Audu & Ibrahim Idris failed to build the industries. Our graduates have all left the state and they expect the rogues back home to change the state.

I am not praising PDP govt in the state; but the problem isn't with PDP but our people; and the kind of leaders we elect.

Personally, I will never forgive Ibrahim Idris - a PDP crook; but Audu (Tinubu's choice for Kogi) isn't better.

There are many allegations of misappropriation of public funds against Audu. Immediately after handover in 2003, and the constitutional effluxion of his immunity, Abubakar Audu was arrested in handcuffs by the Nigerian Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.

He appealed against an interlocutory decision of the High Court in that trial to Court of Appeal, and thereafter to the Supreme Court. His appeal was thrown out. Upon the lapse of the appeal in 2012, the Commission invited Audu for fresh arraignment in terms of the Judgement of the Supreme Court. Audu absconded from Nigeria all in a bid to run away from his trial.

His where about as at record time (April 2013) is unknown
http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Abubakar_Audu
Re: Do We Still Have A Governor In Kogi State? by Iaz93: 7:54am On Nov 24, 2014
Kogi State needs time. Dayuum! The State needs a saviour.
Re: Do We Still Have A Governor In Kogi State? by Acidosis(m): 8:03am On Nov 24, 2014
hardebounty:
I disagree on what u assertion on Prince Audu, he is one of the best Gov kogi eva produced (if nt d BEST), Kogi pple are really suffering no presence of any form of Govt there.. Over 7month strike of primary skool teachers..

#ma advice the Enlighten Kogi youth need to take charge (the illiteracy level in Kogi is too HIGH inspite of numerous higher institution of learning)..

Until we learn to take difficult measures, CHANGE would never come. You cannot reduce illiteracy rate unless you sack unqualified primary & secondary school "teachers."
Re: Do We Still Have A Governor In Kogi State? by kettykin: 9:07am On Nov 24, 2014
They are waiting for anambra oil refinery

1 Like

Re: Do We Still Have A Governor In Kogi State? by hardebounty(m): 9:20am On Nov 24, 2014
Acidosis:

Until we learn to take difficult measures, CHANGE would never come. You cannot reduce illiteracy rate unless you sack unqualified primary & secondary school "teachers."

I guess we are on d same page, reason why I said d enlighten ones shld strive to take charge.. Sumtin must be done to safe Kogi state
Re: Do We Still Have A Governor In Kogi State? by tayoxx(m): 9:35am On Nov 24, 2014
kogi state is so backward. ..sometimes I dey shame to talk say I'm from kogi. ....

(1) (Reply)

UPDATE On GEJ's Meeting Wit OBJ: Adeboye, Oyedepo, Jonathan Meet OBJ In Abeokuta / Your Powerbank Can Kill You! Graphic Photos Of A Girl Victim! / Tinubu Never Imposed Lawan, Gbajabiamila On Apc…the True Story- Boroffice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.