Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,124 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Arrest Of Tambuwal: FG Pouring Petrol On Naked Fire – APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arrest Of Tambuwal: FG Pouring Petrol On Naked Fire – APC (2183 Views)

How Ex-president Arranged Arrest of Diezani - Silverbirdtv.com / Picture Of Tambuwal Driving Himself To Work / Aftermath Of Tambuwal’s Defection: Presidency, PDP Move Against Emeka Ihedioha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arrest Of Tambuwal: FG Pouring Petrol On Naked Fire – APC by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 22, 2014
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has warned that the reported plan hatched by the Presidency to arrest House of Representatives Speaker Aminu Tambuwal could trigger a crisis that will be fatal for the nation’s democracy, hence there is the need to jettison the plan out of abundance of caution.

In a statement ,Saturday in Ijebu-ode by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the party said the federal government will be pouring petrol on a naked fired by arresting the Speaker, following the failed attempt to prevent him from accessing the National Assembly to preside over the affairs of the House of Representatives on Thursday, and also in an apparent attempt to halt the current move to impeach the President.

”Published reports have corroborated what we know: That the plan on Thursday was to prevent Tambuwal from entering the National Assembly to pave the way for his Deputy, Emeke Ihedioha, who had already been allowed into the House, to preside over the removal of the Speaker. Were it not so, why would the police even try to seize the mace from the Sergeant-at-arms, as reported? Why would the police detain the Sergeant-at-arms for his refusal? What is the business of the police with the mace, which is the House’s symbol of authority?

”It has also now been corroborated that the plan hatched by the PDP and the Presidency was to give Tambuwal the ”Ekiti treatment”, in which seven PDP members removed the Speaker in a 26-member House of Assembly. But for the quick thinking and action by the Honorable members who scaled the gate to access the Assembly, that plan would have succeeded and Tambuwal would have been removed as Speaker, the consequences of which no one would have been able to foretell.

”Therefore, instead of pillorying those who scaled the gate, we should be commending them for risking their lives to save our democracy. Those who shut the gate against the lawmakers and barred them from carrying out their constitutional duties are the villains, not the honorable members who acted in the nation’s interest,” it said.

APC said the ceaseless hounding of Rt Hon Tambuwal by the President and the PDP is patently provocative, to say the least, and calls into question the stated commitment of the Jonathan Administration to the rule of law.

”In the eyes of the law, Rt. Hon. Tambuwal remains the Speaker of the House of Representatives, despite his defection from the PDP to the APC. No matter what the PDP and the Presidency may feel, they are not the court of law, which is the only body that can make a definite pronouncement on the fate of the Speaker.

”The Speaker also remains the number two man in the hierarchy of the Legislative Arm of government, which is distinct from the Executive Arm headed by the President. It is therefore not only unconstitutional but also anti-democratic and anarchic for the PDP-led government of President Goodluck Jonathan to continue to hound the Speaker and desecrate the hallowed chambers of the National Assembly, using the police force that has now become the enforcement arm of the ruling party, having dropped all pretences to neutrality and professionalism,” APC said.

The party said at a time the political atmosphere has become so charged by the government-backed police assault on the National Assembly, it is a perilous game to seek to arrest the Speaker, for whatever reason, unless of course the Administration is bent on deliberately plunging the nation into crisis.

”It is difficult to fathom the reason behind the government’s increasing resort to recklessness, but it may not be unconnected with the rising desperation by the ruling PDP to hold on to power at all cost. Perhaps now that it has started seeing the handwriting on the wall with Nigerians clamouring for change, this government may be tilting towards its last option of throwing the nation into crisis to prevent the 2015 elections from holding.

”We are therefore calling on all men and women of good conscience, especially those who have the ears of the President, to prevail on him not to push the nation into any worse crisis than it is currently encountering. With terrorists daily killing and maiming Nigerians, forcing more than 1.5 million people to flee their homes and threatening the nation’s territorial integrity, the government’s trifling is baffling, and should stop forthwith,” it said.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/arrest-tambuwal-fg-pouring-petrol-naked-fire-apc/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrest Of Tambuwal: FG Pouring Petrol On Naked Fire – APC by kokozain(m): 11:03am On Nov 22, 2014
This is getting more interesting......
Re: Arrest Of Tambuwal: FG Pouring Petrol On Naked Fire – APC by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:10am On Nov 22, 2014
Jonathan should be called to order. I'm sure Edwin Clark is seeing what is happening.

3 Likes

Re: Arrest Of Tambuwal: FG Pouring Petrol On Naked Fire – APC by ratiken(m): 11:11am On Nov 22, 2014
APC is actually behind every evil afflicting this country at the moment. They should shut up already.

Why do we need law enforcement agents if we can disregard them and jump fences. If the No 4 man of the country could flaunt such amount of rascality on live TV, what do you expect an ordinary man on the street to do?

I think its time FG sit up and deal with these APC dog and baboon, rig and roast, parallel govt rascals.

7 Likes

Re: Arrest Of Tambuwal: FG Pouring Petrol On Naked Fire – APC by DickDastardly(m): 11:12am On Nov 22, 2014
Nobody is above the law. If it will take his arrest to start another civil war, so let it be! Enough of this downward descent into anarchy. Everybody is now trying to out do one another in lawlessness. Pls DSS and Police, do your job asap! Let the war begin cool

3 Likes

Re: Arrest Of Tambuwal: FG Pouring Petrol On Naked Fire – APC by donphilopus: 11:13am On Nov 22, 2014
Feeling APC!

1 Like

Re: Arrest Of Tambuwal: FG Pouring Petrol On Naked Fire – APC by DickDastardly(m): 11:14am On Nov 22, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Jonathan should be called to order. I'm sure Edwin Clark is seeing what is happening.
Hell no, Tambuwal should rather be advised to honor police invitation or get forcefully arrested. He is not above the law. He is a common citizen like us all cool

6 Likes

Re: Arrest Of Tambuwal: FG Pouring Petrol On Naked Fire – APC by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 22, 2014
Seun this word censorship is becoming boring. Which one is unclad fire again?? I suggest you uncensor some words for clearity purpose.
Re: Arrest Of Tambuwal: FG Pouring Petrol On Naked Fire – APC by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:22am On Nov 22, 2014
DickDastardly:

Hell no, Tambuwal should rather be advised to honor police invitation or get forcefully arrested. He is not above the law. He is a common citizen like us all cool
. . . and the IGP is above the law for not honouring the House committee that invited him to explain his action?
Re: Arrest Of Tambuwal: FG Pouring Petrol On Naked Fire – APC by clubone05: 11:22am On Nov 22, 2014
DickDastardly:
Nobody is above the law. If it will take his arrest to start another civil war, so let it be! Enough of this downward descent into anarchy. Everybody is now trying to out do one another in lawlessness. Pls DSS and Police, do your job asap! Let the war begin cool

They should arrest him for entering his place of work. ..after using deadly fire arms on him...

when I police man slaps u for no reason you will come hear to shout injustice.

It could be u in his position tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: Arrest Of Tambuwal: FG Pouring Petrol On Naked Fire – APC by okiezman(m): 11:49am On Nov 22, 2014
Arrest the motherfucker nothing will happen.

Apc can bark but can't bite

4 Likes

Re: Arrest Of Tambuwal: FG Pouring Petrol On Naked Fire – APC by patrickmuf(m): 11:54am On Nov 22, 2014
This government reeks of lawlessness crowned with cluelessnesss...

1 Like

Re: Arrest Of Tambuwal: FG Pouring Petrol On Naked Fire – APC by katiemadubiko: 11:55am On Nov 22, 2014
ratiken:
APC is actually behind every evil afflicting this country at the moment. They should shut up already.

Why do we need law enforcement agents if we can disregard them and jump fences. If the No 4 man of the country could flaunt such amount of rascality on live TV, what do you expect an ordinary man on the street to do?

I think its time FG sit up and deal with these APC dog and baboon, rig and roast, parallel govt rascals.

Could you attempt to grow some brains already. You are addressing the issue from a single perspective. Why should Jonathan attempt to impeach the speaker in the first place? 'Cos he feels threatened or what? Is that the Chibok-girls mission he should be overseeing?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrest Of Tambuwal: FG Pouring Petrol On Naked Fire – APC by patrickmuf(m): 11:56am On Nov 22, 2014
katiemadubiko:

Could you attempt to grow some brains already. You are addressing the issue from a single perspective. Why should Jonathan attempt to impeach the speaker in the first place? 'Cos he feels threatened or what? Is that the Chibok-girls mission he should be overseeing?
Don't mind the lousy chap.
Re: Arrest Of Tambuwal: FG Pouring Petrol On Naked Fire – APC by Nobody: 11:56am On Nov 22, 2014
By the time this is over......every Nigerian will regret his/her action on inaction......

2015 will be a watershed in Nigeria history....its a year many things will be settled.
Re: Arrest Of Tambuwal: FG Pouring Petrol On Naked Fire – APC by donmalcolm21(m): 11:56am On Nov 22, 2014
I'm documenting all the atrocities being spewed by Lai Mohd because when the fire starts I'm writting ICC to start prosecution.
Re: Arrest Of Tambuwal: FG Pouring Petrol On Naked Fire – APC by gbenga4sure(m): 11:59am On Nov 22, 2014
APC and PDP drama group,entertaining Nigerians since 2012.I Neva know say this tambuwal film get season 2 make I bring my chair and watch this season 2 and may be you Neva know he fit get season 3 Omo.*grabs chair and popcorn * grin
Re: Arrest Of Tambuwal: FG Pouring Petrol On Naked Fire – APC by Nobody: 12:05pm On Nov 22, 2014
okiezman:
Arrest the motherfucker nothing will happen.

Apc can bark but can't bite
you de mind dem.So Tambuwal is now above the law.That imposter will be arrested and nothing will happen!!!!He will be arrested for impesonating the office of speaker of the HOR
Re: Arrest Of Tambuwal: FG Pouring Petrol On Naked Fire – APC by Nobody: 12:05pm On Nov 22, 2014
ilugunboy:
By the time this is over......every Nigerian will regret his/her action on inaction......

2015 will be a watershed in Nigeria history....its a year many things will be settled.

yers by Feb 16 2015,the geenral will shed tears once again
Re: Arrest Of Tambuwal: FG Pouring Petrol On Naked Fire – APC by dasrackhor(m): 12:06pm On Nov 22, 2014
ratiken:

what is dis one saying?is ΐτ̅ APC dat impeached ekiti speaker or r they d one dat ordered nigeria police to teargassed d speaker n his honourable members or is ΐτ̅ APC dat assaulted David mark in abuja..So in yha own view what IGP did w̶̲̅ǟš d right thing...Let's call a spade a spade n let's leave dis bias comment cos we are all Nigerians.Though PDP n APC r bird of a feather bt in dis case PDP bleeped up.I perceived more drama b4 dis year runs out.
Re: Arrest Of Tambuwal: FG Pouring Petrol On Naked Fire – APC by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 22, 2014
dasrackhor:
what is dis one saying?is ΐτ̅ APC dat impeached ekiti speaker or r they d one dat ordered nigeria police to teargassed d speaker n his honourable members or is ΐτ̅ APC dat assaulted David mark in abuja..So in yha own view what IGP did w̶̲̅ǟš d right thing...Let's call a spade a spade n let's leave dis bias comment cos we are all Nigerians.Though PDP n APC r bird of a feather bt in dis case PDP bleeped up.I perceived more drama b4 dis year runs out.

IS TAMBUWAL A MEMBER OF THE FEDERAL HOR? WHAT WAS HE DOING AT THE PREMISES OF THE NASS WITH A GROUP OF THUGS WHEN HE HAD NO BUSINESS BEE THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE.
Re: Arrest Of Tambuwal: FG Pouring Petrol On Naked Fire – APC by Nobody: 12:11pm On Nov 22, 2014
ilugunboy:

we have a wise man here
Re: Arrest Of Tambuwal: FG Pouring Petrol On Naked Fire – APC by Nobody: 12:11pm On Nov 22, 2014
Tambuwal has been invited by the police for questioning as per the fracas that happened at NASS

Like all responsible citizen it is up to Tambuwal to report at the police station as invited or failing that he will be arrested

Tambuwal has no immunity from arrest or prosecution

If he does not answer police invitation he will be arrested.

The law is clear on this!

1 Like

Re: Arrest Of Tambuwal: FG Pouring Petrol On Naked Fire – APC by Nobody: 12:13pm On Nov 22, 2014
mikeansy:
Tambuwal has been invited by the police for questioning as per the fracas that happened at NASS

Like all responsible citizen it is up to Tambuwal to report at the police station as invited or failing that he will be arrested

Dont mind the idiots!!! if Tambuwal does not honour the police invitation ,he will be arrested and nothing will happen.Even as a speaker he had no immunity let alone now that he is just a private citizen.

1 Like

Re: Arrest Of Tambuwal: FG Pouring Petrol On Naked Fire – APC by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 22, 2014
Police should also charge him to court for inciting unrest and criminal damage of public property and include his name in the criminal records!

1 Like

Re: Arrest Of Tambuwal: FG Pouring Petrol On Naked Fire – APC by infohenry(m): 12:20pm On Nov 22, 2014
dasrackhor:
I wonder why nobody is asking the lawmakers in Ekiti to vacate their seat rather they are having police protection, I know they left APC to PDP when fayose became governor. Please I stand for what is right and not impress with way President GEJ is handling this Tambuwal case.

1 Like

Re: Arrest Of Tambuwal: FG Pouring Petrol On Naked Fire – APC by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 22, 2014
infohenry:
I wonder why nobody is asking the lawmakers in Ekiti to vacate their seat rather they are having police protection, I know they left APC to PDP when fayose became governor. Please I stand for what is right and not impress with way President GEJ is handling this Tambuwal case.

did they get elected under APC? why should they lose their seats for leaving the useless party .
Re: Arrest Of Tambuwal: FG Pouring Petrol On Naked Fire – APC by adepiero: 12:22pm On Nov 22, 2014
[size=20]PLEASE STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND LETS VOTE FOR TOSYNE2MUCH! FOR MR NAIRALAND. God bless you as you do so, thanks grin [/size]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arrest Of Tambuwal: FG Pouring Petrol On Naked Fire – APC by Crocz(m): 12:23pm On Nov 22, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

Clark already disown him...says he's a bast*rd son of the land, no wonder he had no shoes
Re: Arrest Of Tambuwal: FG Pouring Petrol On Naked Fire – APC by Crocz(m): 12:25pm On Nov 22, 2014
mikeansy:

After his arrest then what?...bet he's going to walk an hour later

#Jona'IsF*cked come 2015
Re: Arrest Of Tambuwal: FG Pouring Petrol On Naked Fire – APC by Nobody: 12:30pm On Nov 22, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
correct! And tambowal (tambo'ole) shuold continue to party..
touts.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Picture Of A Primary School In Ikoro, Edo State / The Real Meaning Of "ORUBEBE" / Army Locates Buhari's Certificates After Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.