Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,196 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? (6059 Views)

"Buhari Executed My Father But I Will Still Vote For Him" - Lawal Ojuolape's Son / APC Now In Majority As 37 Reps Defect From Pdp / Ten (10) Reasons Why You Should Not Vote Goodluck Jonathan In April (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by Nowenuse: 2:46pm On Nov 22, 2014
Me personally i think GEJ is still a better option for the people of the middlebelt as candidate come 2015 than probably Buhari will be.
But like i said that is my own opinion, dont know about others from the region. So i would like to hear from you if u are from the middlebelt.

7 Likes

Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by sholatech(m): 2:55pm On Nov 22, 2014
If there is any region GEJ will sweep votes it is middle belt, Kogi Benue Adamawa Plateau Taraba Nassarawa and Southern Kaduna

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by olusolaj(m): 3:09pm On Nov 22, 2014
Before nko?
U wan make I vote for one military man wey pretend inside agbada as a civilian man?
Not military man again.
Gej till 2019...
After that okorocha or fashola

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by successking401(m): 3:23pm On Nov 22, 2014
GEJ all the way till 2019

12 Likes

Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by ezefrank87(m): 3:59pm On Nov 22, 2014
Any option??

6 Likes

Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by kettykin: 4:44pm On Nov 22, 2014
The middle belt quandary
If you vote Buhari and Buhari wins then the gains on middle belt independence will be reversed as the Buharist will continue their conquest of the the Savannah states like the Adamawa , Gombe, Nassarawa , Fulani herdsmen will be given an upper hand in their fight to displace the native farmers in benue, southern Kaduna, Jos and environs.

If you vote Goodluck , the present wars with Islamic fundamentalist will continue with raids of middle belt villages and the growth of Islamic caliphates in the southern Borno Axis which would lead to attacks in southern kaduna and jos area which is fueled by the worldwide desire and aim of Muslim fundamentalist ISIS to expand their control of the world.

Either way the middle belt is in a very difficult and precarious situation , more difficult than the situation which they found themselves in 1966 and which they mismanaged very badly.
They middle belt had one of their own Gen Gowon in the helms of power and rather than use that oppotunity to free themselves from the yoke of their Hausa/fulani slave masters they joined them in a short moment of frenzy to perpetuate the worst form of human genocide ever know to mankind and in the process they were used and dumped in the dustbin of history like Ahmadu Bello predicted in his infamous speech of 1960 shown below

The new nation called Nigeria should be an estate of our great grandfather Othman Dan Fodio. We must ruthlessly prevent a change of power. We use the minorities in the north as willing tools and the south as a conquered territory and never allow them to rule over us and never allow them to have control over their future." – Parrot Newspaper October 12, 1960

As Nigeria's latest endangered specie, i cannot really offer them any advice because the people that plunged them into this mess ; Yakubu Gowon and TY Danjuma are still unrepentant of their misadventure while their co travelers in the Niger Delta are now fully awake and ready to look their predators face to face

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by baby124: 4:56pm On Nov 22, 2014
Middle belt is highly dominated by Muslims. And their voting pattern in the past suggest they vote in the way the North does. It will definitely not be a sweep. It will be a very big struggle to get the votes. I won't be surprised if a lot of the governors even betray. GEJ is not helping himself at all with such things like what happened in the NA. Who ever advised him such needs to be fired and put in prison.

12 Likes

Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by obamartins(m): 5:00pm On Nov 22, 2014
i hope they are wiser now.Yes, some of their governors especially that of Kogi state performing poorly. That i agree. The Hausa-fulani hegemony was given teeth by the middle belt before now, they were used to do the dirty job (coups) of the core north after which they are dumped mostly on religious ground. If not, why can't A.P.C bring someone from the middlebelt to contest against G.E.J? Must it be a Fulani person and by extension a core northerner?

11 Likes

Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by zurine(f): 5:25pm On Nov 22, 2014
hmm
Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by tinkinjow: 5:27pm On Nov 22, 2014
In ur best interest Jonathan

4 Likes

Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by Nowenuse: 6:30pm On Nov 22, 2014
baby124:
Middle belt is highly dominated by Muslims. And their voting pattern in the past suggest they vote in the way the North does. It will definitely not be a sweep. It will be a very big struggle to get the votes. I won't be surprised if a lot of the governors even betray. GEJ is not helping himself at all with such things like what happened in the NA. Who ever advised him such needs to be fired and put in prison.

Pls dont say rubbish here. Which middlebelt is dominated by muslims? i want to believe it is d middlebelt of china.
How can anyone say middlebelt is muslim dominated? amongst northern/middlebelt minority groups, d christians are in the clear majority.
Only Niger state minority groups have a muslim majority in the whole middlebelt, others like Benue, Taraba, Plateau, Nasarawa, southern kaduna, FCT and even Adamawa are dominantly christians. Only Kogi might be a 50/50 christian-muslim population, pls get this clear.

Politically the middlebelt is no longer with the north and everyone knows that.

22 Likes

Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by A7(m): 6:45pm On Nov 22, 2014
Nowenuse:

Pls dont say rubbish here. Which middlebelt is dominated by muslims? i want to believe it is d middlebelt of china.
How can anyone say middlebelt is muslim dominated? amongst northern/middlebelt minority groups, d christians are in the clear majority.
Only Niger state minority groups have a muslim majority in the whole middlebelt, others like Benue, Taraba, Plateau, Nasarawa, southern kaduna, FCT and even Adamawa are dominantly christians. Only Kogi might be a 50/50 christian-muslim population, pls get this clear.

Politically the middlebelt is no longer with the north and everyone knows that.

Taraba, Adamawa and kaduna are not in the middle belt, I advice yoU brush your knowledge of the nations geo political zones first before discussing politics.

9 Likes

Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by A7(m): 6:47pm On Nov 22, 2014
sholatech:
If there is any region GEJ will sweep votes it is middle belt, Kogi Benue Adamawa Plateau Taraba Nassarawa and Southern Kaduna

Oh gosh, another dummy. Probably another moniker of the person I quoted above.

1 Like

Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by Pennyways: 6:47pm On Nov 22, 2014
No option, Jonathan, or no other!

4 Likes

Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by A7(m): 6:58pm On Nov 22, 2014
Nowenuse:
Me personally i think GEJ is still a better option for the people of the middlebelt as candidate come 2015 than probably Buhari will be.
But like i said that is my own opinion, dont know about others from the region. So i would like to hear from you if u are from the middlebelt.

My opinion: Anyone wanting to vote Dumbo shall do it on his own peril, no doubt that action/inaction will draw one to self inflicted bane, this man is the worst and insensensitive president the world ever witnessed.

2 Likes

Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by kokoA(m): 7:11pm On Nov 22, 2014
baby124:
Bros, you don't know what you are saying. Which middlebelt is dominated by Muslims? Mention one state in the middlebelt that's dominated by Muslims. I'm a middlebelter (proudly idoma) but I will vote against GEJ come to 2015 because he has performed below average and not based on any religious crap.

4 Likes

Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by lacasa: 7:19pm On Nov 22, 2014
A7:

My opinion: Anyone wanting to vote Dumbo shall do it on his own peril, no doubt that action/inaction will draw one to self inflicted bane, this man is the worst and insensensitive president the world ever witnessed.

Gbam!

A Word is enough for the wise.

3 Likes

Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by iconize(m): 7:25pm On Nov 22, 2014
A7:

Taraba, Adamawa and kaduna are not in the middle belt, I advice yoU brush your knowledge of the nations geo political zones first before discussing politics.

You're a stark illiterate! grin grin

You're talking about geo political zones.

Now tell us, which geo political zone in Nigeria is Middle belt?

5 Likes

Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by walemoney007(m): 7:31pm On Nov 22, 2014
kokoA:
Bros, you don't know what you are saying. Which middlebelt is dominated by Muslims? Mention one state in the middlebelt that's dominated by Muslims. I'm a middlebelter (proudly idoma) but I will vote against GEJ come to 2015 because he has performed below average and not based on any religious crap.
muslims are d majority in kwara state
Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by manck2: 7:32pm On Nov 22, 2014
cool
Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by walemoney007(m): 7:32pm On Nov 22, 2014
iconize:

are u also sayin kaduna is in d middle belt
Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by A7(m): 7:40pm On Nov 22, 2014
iconize:

North central. Image below confirmed my entry.

Please give us your source that defined kaduna Adamawa and Taraba as middle belt

1 Like

Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by iconize(m): 7:49pm On Nov 22, 2014
A7:

North central. Image below confirmed my entry.

Please give us your source that defined kaduna Adamawa and Taraba as middle belt

You're a drunken mooron! grin grin

You indirectly said that the Middle belt is part of the six geo political zones in Nigeria.

Now you're showing an image of the North central political zone in Nigeria.

Can you see how dumb you're? grin grin grin

Tell us where you learnt that Middle belt is a Geo political zone in Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by johnmartus(m): 7:51pm On Nov 22, 2014
Hmmm some idiot illiterate religion begot think that people will vote according to religion belief you people should know that change is inevitable come 2015.

3 Likes

Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by emiye(m): 8:04pm On Nov 22, 2014
The SW and middle belt are the swing region for the election.

My idea of middle belt is the North central region (plateau, Nassarawa, Kogi, Kwara, Benue and Niger states) of the 6 states, GEJ will win in Plateau and may be Benue, the rest i doubt, but anything can happen.

4 Likes

Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by A7(m): 8:13pm On Nov 22, 2014
emiye:
The SW and middle belt are the swing region for the election.

My idea of middle belt is the North central region (plateau, Nassarawa, Kogi, Kwara, Benue and Niger states) of the 6 states, GEJ will win in Plateau and may be Benue, the rest i doubt, but anything can happen.

Do you believe the definition of middle belt will be spanned to include states bordering Yobe and Borno? I know, your post stated otherwise, but just want you to repeat verbatim that middle belt are just the six states you mention.
Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by iconize(m): 8:15pm On Nov 22, 2014
walemoney007:
are u also sayin kaduna is in d middle belt

Yeah, Kaduna is part of the middle belt.

Ignorant folks like A7 that are bereft of basic knowledge will come here, asking others to brush their knowledge. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by idumuose(m): 8:19pm On Nov 22, 2014
Although not satisfied with the poor state of roads in the country,Plateau state will vote Jonathan.Don't ask me why.
Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by emiye(m): 8:20pm On Nov 22, 2014
A7:

Do you believe the definition of middle belt span to include states bordering Yobe and Borno?
Some people try to classify some places as middlebelt apart from the reconised north central zones, i have heard such before. I believe the middle belt concept is referring to the location on the Nigerian landscape as depicted on the map. Middle or centre of the Map. The definition can be loose, so it is best to stick it with the North central geo-political zone.
Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by iconize(m): 8:24pm On Nov 22, 2014
Folks like A7 should be lynched in public. grin grin

Majority of Nigerians are ignorant when it comes to maps.

To them, the South-South geo political zone is the same as Niger-delta and Middle belt is the same as North central geo political zone. grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by idumuose(m): 8:24pm On Nov 22, 2014
iconize:

Ignorant folks like A7 that are bereft of basic knowledge will come here, asking others to brush their knowledge. grin grin
Southern Kaduna precisely is in the middle belt.The whole of Taraba and some part of Adamawa,southern Gombe,southern Borno.

6 Likes

Re: Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? by emiye(m): 8:26pm On Nov 22, 2014
iconize:

You can not classify the whole of Kaduna as middlebelt, may be southern Kaduna , and there is a strong clamour for a state by people of Southern Kaduna.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Registration: Senator Orji Kalu Revalidates Membership / Ugwuanyi Approves Creation Of Ndioke Ibagwa-Aka Autonomous Community / Origin Of 'Naira' And 'Kobo'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.