Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:15 AM

Why Do People Place Bible In Front Of Their Vehicles? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Place Bible In Front Of Their Vehicles? (1229 Views)

Write the Bible In Pigin English! / Summerise The Bible In One Sentence / Can You Find The 16 Hidden Books Of The Bible In This Piece? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Place Bible In Front Of Their Vehicles? by charleff512(m): 8:48pm On Nov 22, 2014
Please i want to know the reason people place Bibles in front of their vehicles.
Is this an act of faith or superstition?
As a christian i believe in God's ability to protect his children according to Psalm chapters 23 and 91.
Your opinions please.
Re: Why Do People Place Bible In Front Of Their Vehicles? by briantext(m): 8:55pm On Nov 22, 2014
To chase away accident grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Place Bible In Front Of Their Vehicles? by tolugar: 9:00pm On Nov 22, 2014
back to sender stuff

i used it when i schooled in fr.......

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Place Bible In Front Of Their Vehicles? by AdeniyiA(m): 9:05pm On Nov 22, 2014
FEAR!
even placing it under their pillows

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Place Bible In Front Of Their Vehicles? by iamodenigbo1(m): 9:08pm On Nov 22, 2014
for protection(as Talisman)
2,for identity

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Place Bible In Front Of Their Vehicles? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 22, 2014
So that wen the angel of death is flyn, it will see the bible nd passover

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Place Bible In Front Of Their Vehicles? by Lordabas: 9:16pm On Nov 22, 2014

Since the bible is the book of life it will fight away any unforseen death grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Place Bible In Front Of Their Vehicles? by dorox(m): 9:23pm On Nov 22, 2014
charleff512:
Please i want to know the reason people place Bibles in front of their vehicles.
Is this an act of faith or superstition?
As a christian i believe in God's ability to protect his children according to Psalm chapters 23 and 91.
Your opinions please.
My one word answer is superstition.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Place Bible In Front Of Their Vehicles? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Nov 22, 2014
How is it my business?
Re: Why Do People Place Bible In Front Of Their Vehicles? by nora544: 10:41pm On Nov 22, 2014
That all see that he is a christian, this could happen only in nigeria.

Most nigerian christian feel that they are chrsitian when everybody see that they have a bible.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Place Bible In Front Of Their Vehicles? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Nov 22, 2014
The same reason why some wear cross on their necks, place a cross in their living room, paste a church sticker on their car and door at home... It doesn't at all depict superstition. People simply want to have something material around them that seemingly connects them to GOD. For people of these practices, these things are to them exactly what the Ark of the covenant (GOD'S divine presence) was to the children of Israel. Name all its benefits: protection, direction, favour, guidance... Faith is in grades!

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Place Bible In Front Of Their Vehicles? by OasisofRefuge(f): 12:53am On Nov 23, 2014
It sounds funny. some place it under the pillow still had bad dreams, had attack and all that.
the letter (the logo, the book, the write up) kills. its only the spirit (rema) behind the write up that gives life, gives protections.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Place Bible In Front Of Their Vehicles? by rezzy: 3:50am On Nov 23, 2014
For protection
Re: Why Do People Place Bible In Front Of Their Vehicles? by dein77(m): 4:47am On Nov 23, 2014
For a lot of reasons.

Fear, protection, deceit, religion, etc.

And then sometimes these Bibles are never opened in years. They are allowed to accumulate dusts and grow worn out.

Has anyone seen a neat/new one amongst those displayed?

Recently, I cautioned one driver against abusing the Bible. He's was as old and dirty as a rag.

Well, I won't join a taxi because the Bible is displayed conspicuously on its dashboard. I don grow!!!!!!!
Re: Why Do People Place Bible In Front Of Their Vehicles? by okeke00(m): 6:06am On Nov 23, 2014
it's just superstition

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Place Bible In Front Of Their Vehicles? by charleff512(m): 6:20am On Nov 23, 2014
READINGLIFE:
The same reason why some wear cross on their necks, place a cross in their living room, paste a church sticker on their car and door at home... It doesn't at all depict superstition. People simply want to have something material around them that seemingly connects them to GOD. For people of these practices, these things are to them exactly what the Ark of the covenant (GOD'S divine presence) was to the children of Israel. Name all its benefits: protection, direction, favour, guidance... Faith is in grades!
Brilliant!
Re: Why Do People Place Bible In Front Of Their Vehicles? by charleff512(m): 6:27am On Nov 23, 2014
dein77:
For a lot of reasons.

Fear, protection, deceit, religion, etc.

And then sometimes these Bibles are never opened in years. They are allowed to accumulate dusts and grow worn out.

Has anyone seen a neat/new one amongst those displayed?

Recently, I cautioned one driver against abusing the Bible. He's was as old and dirty as a rag.

Well, I won't join a taxi because the Bible is displayed conspicuously on its dashboard. I don grow!!!!!!!
I agree with you Bro!
Re: Why Do People Place Bible In Front Of Their Vehicles? by charlsecy(m): 9:38am On Nov 23, 2014
Lordabas:
Since the bible is the book of life it will fight away any unforseen death grin
Yet people die!
Re: Why Do People Place Bible In Front Of Their Vehicles? by shigoslim(m): 10:05am On Nov 23, 2014
Is Christianity sword. If you are of the spirit not the flash it's work perfectly on unsee spirit, evil spirit. There are alot of spiritual accidents which are not cause by human error but by evil spirit, if u are truly in Christ, u believe the bible is the words of GOD and u are not of the flesh. Your bible is yo sword for physical and spiritual evil spirit.
Re: Why Do People Place Bible In Front Of Their Vehicles? by dein77(m): 10:19am On Nov 23, 2014
shigoslim:
Is Christianity sword. If you are of the spirit not the flash it's work perfectly on unsee spirit, evil spirit. There are alot of spiritual accidents which are not cause by human error but by evil spirit, if u are truly in Christ, u believe the bible is the words of GOD and u are not of the flesh. Your bible is yo sword for physical and spiritual evil spirit.

Pls communicate more properly next time. I'm still struggling with what you wrote above.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Place Bible In Front Of Their Vehicles? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Nov 23, 2014
charleff512:

Brilliant!

Thanks man...happy Sunday!

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Place Bible In Front Of Their Vehicles? by vooks: 5:00pm On Nov 23, 2014
The only thing on my dashboard is Angry Bird dolls and parking ticket, no time nor space for spiritual BS.

If I left my iPad Air with the over 20 versions or so on the dashboard, trust an inspired thief to move heavens to get it cheesy

(1) (Reply)

God Is Totally Against Gays And Lesbians / Top 10 Religions You Never Knew Existed / My Visit To Heaven (new Revelation ) [READ AND SHARE]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.