Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,728 members, 7,824,061 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

Summerise The Bible In One Sentence - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Summerise The Bible In One Sentence (13627 Views)

Supreme Court Upholds Rev King's Death Sentence / Write the Bible In Pigin English! / Can You Find The 16 Hidden Books Of The Bible In This Piece? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Summerise The Bible In One Sentence by tobechi20(m): 8:37pm On Oct 08, 2012
Try to sumarise d bible in one sentence
Re: Summerise The Bible In One Sentence by k2039: 8:43pm On Oct 08, 2012
[size=13pt] Ecclesiastes 12:13:Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole [duty] of man.
[/size]

24 Likes

Re: Summerise The Bible In One Sentence by ichuka(m): 11:11pm On Oct 08, 2012
A thermometer that points Man to his Doctor.

2 Likes

Re: Summerise The Bible In One Sentence by Areaboy2(m): 11:28pm On Oct 08, 2012
A clever ancient book that has way outlived its relevance, giving support to good and evil while forgetting to include a disclaimer undecided

9 Likes

Re: Summerise The Bible In One Sentence by Nobody: 1:12am On Oct 09, 2012
The greatest lie known to man.

7 Likes

Re: Summerise The Bible In One Sentence by Callotti: 5:29am On Oct 09, 2012
1. A very BORING, wastage of ink and paper. . . not to mention an insult to trees and the collective scientific BOTANICAL exercise of mankind . . . .even worse than 'The Innocence of Muslims'! kiss

2. A disjointed plot without a cohesive story line. . . A disharmonious/cacophonous, medley of dull and UN-inspiring, lame characters. With God(the lead-chracter) as an OMNI-IMPOTENT cuckold. . . who cannot PHOCK. . . but gets angry at those who can! kiss

3. A retro-psycho-socio-religio-economo-spiritio-progressive JIHAD, orchestrated by the most unintelligent of male species against women. kiss

4. A SERIES OF EXTREMELY, DEVELOPMENTALLY-CHALLENGING. . . COGNITIVELY-IMPAIRING, BULK/BURDEN OF REGURGITATATIVE, LITERARY PIECES OF HORSE SHYTE! kiss

Small wonder it never won the 'PULITZER' prize. kiss

Ooooooooooooooooooooouuuu Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! There! Without effort, I have provided you with 4 original sentences describing the 'BIBLE'.

Enjoy! cool

2 Likes

Re: Summerise The Bible In One Sentence by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 09, 2012
THE HOLY SPIRIT OF CHRIST
Re: Summerise The Bible In One Sentence by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 09, 2012
obadiah777: THE HOLY SPIRIT OF CHRIST

Let me get this straight.
So the bible is now a spirit, christ's own for that matter?
Then who is the actual holy spirit?
Or are u referring to the same person?
If u are then u mean the bible, a book collected by men is what jesus was talking about when he said he was going to send his holy spirit?
You christians can confuse sha.

1 Like

Re: Summerise The Bible In One Sentence by Nobody: 12:02pm On Oct 09, 2012
inurmind:

Let me get this straight.
So the bible is now a spirit, christ's own for that matter?
Then who is the actual holy spirit?
Or are u referring to the same person?
If u are then u mean the bible, a book collected by men is what jesus was talking about when he said he was going to send his holy spirit?
You christians can confuse sha.
JOHN 6 VS 63 the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

THE HOLY SPIRIT IS IN EVERY MAN

YES THE BIBLE IS THE COMFORTER, THE HOLY SPIRIT, THAT JESUS WAS TALKING ABOUT THAT WILL BRING US TO REMEMBRANCE OF OLD THINGS ( ANOTHER REINCARNATION SCIPTURE )

4 Likes

Re: Summerise The Bible In One Sentence by mkmyers45(m): 4:47pm On Oct 09, 2012
@OP Learn to write..
Re: Summerise The Bible In One Sentence by plaetton: 4:49pm On Oct 09, 2012
A handbook of immorality.
Re: Summerise The Bible In One Sentence by God2man(m): 8:34pm On Oct 09, 2012
inurmind: The greatest lie known to man.

Galatians 6: 7 "Be not deceived: God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."

Now, show me how the Bible is telling lie in the above verse, pls, show me.

Back to the topic.
The Bible is the only book that will read you. We read books, but the Bible will read you.

God2man.

12 Likes

Re: Summerise The Bible In One Sentence by UjSizzle(f): 9:04pm On Oct 09, 2012
The Believers' Constitution.

6 Likes

Re: Summerise The Bible In One Sentence by Nobody: 12:28am On Oct 10, 2012
God2man:

Galatians 6: 7 "Be not deceived: God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."

Now, show me how the Bible is telling lie in the above verse, pls, show me.

Back to the topic.
The Bible is the only book that will read you. We read books, but the Bible will read you.

God2man.

Whaoh, u bring out just one verse out of hundreds of verses and expect me to believe that becos it made some sense the whole bible is truthful?

And please explain how the bible reads u inparticular.
Re: Summerise The Bible In One Sentence by Nobody: 12:50am On Oct 10, 2012
obadiah777: JOHN 6 VS 63 the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

THE HOLY SPIRIT IS IN EVERY MAN

YES THE BIBLE IS THE COMFORTER, THE HOLY SPIRIT, THAT JESUS WAS TALKING ABOUT THAT WILL BRING US TO REMEMBRANCE OF OLD THINGS ( ANOTHER REINCARNATION SCIPTURE )

So now u are telling me it was the bible that came upon the apostles when they were praying?
U are also telling me that the holy spirit is bought and sold? Infact it is the highest grossing bestseller in history? When paul had clearly rebuked a guy in the bible for offering to pay for it.

Hope u know the term ''word of God'' is very different from the ''bible'' when scholars and historians arent even sure of its accuracy in anything.
Its only clergy men who over the years made u think they were the same thing.
When your god speaks to u shouldn't it qualify as ''word of god''. Isn't that when the holy spirit theory makes sense?
Do u really need a bible aka ''word of man''?
If u do then u have no faith in your god and yourself.
And u only support my belief that there was never a god in the first place.
Re: Summerise The Bible In One Sentence by Techwriter: 1:13am On Oct 10, 2012
i.chuka:
A thermometer that points Man to his Doctor.
uj_sizzle: The Believers' Constitution.
And now my own:
"The Bible is a compendium that reveals God's mind and ways to humanity so that lost man will find his way back and live like God on earth while preparing for Eternity with Him"

4 Likes

Re: Summerise The Bible In One Sentence by Chuksxp: 1:21am On Oct 10, 2012
Peep John 3:16

1 Like

Re: Summerise The Bible In One Sentence by Nobody: 1:24am On Oct 10, 2012
inurmind:

So now u are telling me it was the bible that came upon the apostles when they were praying?
U are also telling me that the holy spirit is bought and sold? Infact it is the highest grossing bestseller in history? When paul had clearly rebuked a guy in the bible for offering to pay for it.

Hope u know the term ''word of God'' is very different from the ''bible'' when scholars and historians arent even sure of its accuracy in anything.
Its only clergy men who over the years made u think they were the same thing.
When your god speaks to u shouldn't it qualify as ''word of god''. Isn't that when the holy spirit theory makes sense?
Do u really need a bible aka ''word of man''?
If u do then u have no faith in your god and yourself.
And u only support my belief that there was never a god in the first place.
HUH ? STOP CHASING YOUR OWN TAIL
Re: Summerise The Bible In One Sentence by MacDaddy01: 1:49am On Oct 10, 2012
Bible in one sentence;

The bible is a book which contains slavery yet preaches equality, contains genocide but preaches love your neighbor and it creates religious people but also hypocrites

-logicboy

2 Likes

Re: Summerise The Bible In One Sentence by mumumugu(m): 11:29am On Oct 10, 2012
tobechi20: Try to sumarise d bible in one sentence

to sumarise bible na life assignment

2 Likes

Re: Summerise The Bible In One Sentence by mumumugu(m): 12:04pm On Oct 10, 2012
tobechi20: Try to sumarise d bible in one sentence
Re: Summerise The Bible In One Sentence by Sirniyeh(m): 12:05pm On Oct 10, 2012
What is Bible?
Bible is title name of a fiction book. It is cochoocumatory, a formulation oringinated by human mind. An imagination of ancient barbaric perceptive way of reasoning.......

2 Likes

Re: Summerise The Bible In One Sentence by ednut1(m): 1:43pm On Oct 10, 2012
book of scams, book of confusion, book of who send dem, book of tales by moon light

1 Like

Re: Summerise The Bible In One Sentence by Afam4eva(m): 1:55pm On Oct 10, 2012
The chronicles of the events of the beginning of the world, the end and everything in between.

2 Likes

Re: Summerise The Bible In One Sentence by DANILSA(m): 1:56pm On Oct 10, 2012
THE BIBLE IS SIMPLY THE HISTORY OF ISREAL AND THE COMING OF GOD'S KINGDOM AND HOW TO ENTER.

1 Like

Re: Summerise The Bible In One Sentence by oyebanji(m): 1:56pm On Oct 10, 2012
The Word of God

1 Like

Re: Summerise The Bible In One Sentence by Danchiks(m): 1:57pm On Oct 10, 2012
B - Blessed
I - Information
B - Bringing
L - Life
E - Eternal

33 Likes

Re: Summerise The Bible In One Sentence by mamoussou: 1:58pm On Oct 10, 2012
Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth

7 Likes

Re: Summerise The Bible In One Sentence by Okijajuju1(m): 1:58pm On Oct 10, 2012
Book of Jewish folklore and fairy tales..

1 Like

Re: Summerise The Bible In One Sentence by yuzedo: 1:58pm On Oct 10, 2012
B asic
I nstructions
B efore
L eaving
E arth

I prefer Mark Twain books tho... undecided

2 Likes

Re: Summerise The Bible In One Sentence by digospel2: 1:59pm On Oct 10, 2012
The Bible is the way, the truth and the life

2 Likes

Re: Summerise The Bible In One Sentence by FrenchyL(m): 1:59pm On Oct 10, 2012
The Bible is the best book ever written. smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure / Believers' Place / Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.