Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Attention, Obiano; Onitsha And Environs Getting Dirtier And Choatic !!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Attention, Obiano; Onitsha And Environs Getting Dirtier And Choatic !!!! (1577 Views)

Turkur Buratai Visits Obiano - Photos / Obiano Visits Scene Of Fatal Accident In Umuchu, Anambra (Photos) / Vintage Pictures Of Onitsha and Anambra (before The Civil War) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attention, Obiano; Onitsha And Environs Getting Dirtier And Choatic !!!! by Nobody: 10:39pm On Nov 22, 2014
I will like to use this medium to bring attention of the Executive Governor of Anambra State Chief Willie Obiano to the filthy path Onitsha the commercial nerve center of the state and her environs is going. If i should rate all the ministries in Anambra State base on perfomance, efficiency and seriousness, i think i should rate the ministry of environment the least perfoming, the most docile and the most unserious in Anambra.
Onitsha end of the Niger Bridge to Zik's Roundabout is becoming an eyesore aswell as sordid, the whole places are being littered with pure water sachets, the streetsweepers are not evacuating sands by the shoulders of the roads thereby causing heaps of sandunes that make the beautiful roads look dusty, unkempt and unpalatable.

The traders at the Electromart have taken over half of the service lane and converted it to parking lots while miscreants are seen collecting fees from them in exchange for parking space in a public road, commercial vehicles are loading and offloading passengers indiscriminately, the Upper Iweka part of the road have been taken over by commercial buses plying the Onitsha-Asaba, they park buses with reckless abandone, this needed to be stopped immediately.

H.E. roadside traders are taking over our highways, they are littering the entire city with their poor sanitation culture, throwing dirts and wastes at will thereby blocking the drainages and littering the environment.

I have been in the city for weeks now having decided to relocate here permanently and am seeing the challenges of governing a booming and one of the fastest developing cities in the world. This is no longer Onitsha one can use 24hrs to see the length and breathd of the city, the city is moving from a metropolitant Onitsha to a cosmopolitant Onitsha that is densely populated with heaviest concentration of highrise neighbourhoods in Nigeria,Educational and Religious Institutions, Intl Mkts, Business Parks and Industrial Estates adorning the city's landscape.

Garbage evacuating trucks are seen daily evacuating wastes yet their services remain unnoticed, heaps of overflowing roadside refuse dumps are becoming common recently....why

Onitsha have changed and transformed from a mere commercial town to a sprawling city that is spilling to adjoining towns like Nsugbe, Ogbunike, Umunya, Oba, Akwu Ukwu, Nkwerre,Okpoko, Iyiowa Odekpe, Ohita, Atani as well as Asaba, Okwe and Ibusa in Delta State.
Having discovered that the more the city expand the greater the challenges of overseeing effective infrastructural development become Herculean task esp in a state like ours that is still learning the rope.

H.E. am not complaining about education, roads, healthcare delivery or security, these are top notch in my dear state presently even your opponents can attest to that, if half of the states in Nigeria can get to the level of ours in those areas, i think achieving the MDGs by Nigeria will be a realities.

Obiano giving Ndi Amambra a decent and clean environment should be a task that must be taken serious, politicking shouldnt be a distraction to this noble cause, we deserve it and we must achieve it.

His Excellency, your subject is unhappy over this ugly development and i plead things get fixed as soon as posibble without much administrative redtapeism and perpetual setting up of committes which characterize an average Nigeria leadership attitude.

I have seen your good works in other areas and am impressed, pls fix this and win more fans.

Ndewo

3 Likes

Re: Attention, Obiano; Onitsha And Environs Getting Dirtier And Choatic !!!! by Nobody: 10:49pm On Nov 22, 2014
Well said,Anambra is working.and will continue.Proudly Anambra .from Nnewi
Re: Attention, Obiano; Onitsha And Environs Getting Dirtier And Choatic !!!! by DickDastardly(m): 11:19pm On Nov 22, 2014
Ebekue dike, biko gbaa mbo nebalu idi ocha Onitsha anya.
Ndewu ndi be anyi nu cool

1 Like

Re: Attention, Obiano; Onitsha And Environs Getting Dirtier And Choatic !!!! by proselector: 11:34pm On Nov 22, 2014
Learn how to, not only make money online..
But own an online Business with consistent
earnings..
And get a certificate at the end of the
program..
For FREE!!
Get our free recharge pins, free vouchers, free
coupon codes etc
This is a rare opportunity to kick start an
online career.
visit
www.nairaland.com/2009295/free-a-z-online-
business-class
comment on the post to subscribe
Re: Attention, Obiano; Onitsha And Environs Getting Dirtier And Choatic !!!! by JEITO: 11:41pm On Nov 22, 2014
I hope it gets cleaned up before December o embarassed
Re: Attention, Obiano; Onitsha And Environs Getting Dirtier And Choatic !!!! by Descartes: 12:56am On Nov 23, 2014
Well said. Hope something is done urgently to curtail the dirts. Meanwhile, Akpokuedike 1 of Aguleri is a great Technocrat and master Strategist. Anambra Adigo Mma. Nyenu aka ka o di mma cool
Re: Attention, Obiano; Onitsha And Environs Getting Dirtier And Choatic !!!! by aguizm(m): 1:11am On Nov 23, 2014
All this long article and no pictures to prove your points.Pictures you too you know or I don't,.................Anyway Onitsha has always been a dirty town. Obiano please your attention is needed in osha...Reping ndi Agulu.Proudly Anambra.
Re: Attention, Obiano; Onitsha And Environs Getting Dirtier And Choatic !!!! by cocoduck: 5:06am On Nov 23, 2014
but wait, those garbage did not get to that place by magic, it was humans like me that dumped them there, Nigerians by nature are dirty and careless people, BTW where is the LG chairman of that area? what has he been doing since? op please learn to keep your environment clean and direct your blames and warning to the right source.
Re: Attention, Obiano; Onitsha And Environs Getting Dirtier And Choatic !!!! by ba7man(m): 7:19am On Nov 23, 2014
Its not an Onitsha problem, its a Nigerian one.

The populace also have to take it upon themselves to avoid throwing garbage indescriminately in the streets and correct those that do it.

I regularly confront people that that do it in my presence and they always respond positively.

They know its wrong but no one attempts to stop them.
Re: Attention, Obiano; Onitsha And Environs Getting Dirtier And Choatic !!!! by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 23, 2014
Lol i will be the last ediot that will post ugly picture of Anambra State here even if i have thousands of them pics, i will rather upload Obiano's pic and the logo of Anambra State here.

Just that Ndi Anambra dont condone bullshit so i dnt give a phuck whatever opinion a troll have, lets not flatter Obiano lest he relax, we need to bring him on his knees with constructive criticisms.

aguizm:
All this long article and no pictures to prove your points.Pictures you too you know or I don't,.................Anyway Onitsha has always been a dirty town. Obiano please your attention is needed in osha...Reping ndi Agulu.Proudly Anambra.
Re: Attention, Obiano; Onitsha And Environs Getting Dirtier And Choatic !!!! by tabletman1: 9:51am On Nov 23, 2014
Buddah my brother,
I am about to say this in our thread though different opinion.
Obiano is trying in sanitation cos recently aswama people even work on sunday just to meet up to their task.
But the problem is the resident, for Onitsha to be neat again all hand must be on deck. If you must notice, people are have started dumping refuse on every junction only because they were told to pack their dirt in nlyon polythene bag that is always distributed to them weekly, now that's the reason why there is always a refuse dump at each junction but it don't use to be so when they have to walk all the way to the refuse dump with their wheel barrow or dust bin. Now they are behaving like pigs because aswama are trying to make things easy for them.

I will only urge those who are close to Obiano to advise him to set up a sanitation program at Onitsha, Nnewi ,Awka and Environs just like Ohakim did his clean and green initiative during his tenure as the imo governor.
Onitsha has to start observing weekly sanitation instead of monthly.
On no account will anybody dump refuse on the road, he should create a special taskforce that will take care of this just like he create a special taskforce for traffic in various road at onitsha. They will catch and prosecute any offender who dump refuse on the road even people who will see refuse bin and dump their dirt on the side of the bin.
During the weekly sanitation, every compound must sweep the front of their compound and not just packing of the refuse in the gutter(this way, there will be less sand on roads)
When dump or refuse is found infront of your shop or compound, then the special taskforce will compel you to pay 3k or 4k just like it is done at umuahia.

To maintain a clean and organized environment, a harsh rules must be made.

1 Like

Re: Attention, Obiano; Onitsha And Environs Getting Dirtier And Choatic !!!! by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 23, 2014
Bro u captured everything but the reason why i decided to speak in hush tone is because i have Onitsha, the rate the city is expanding it will take a miracle to carter for everybody because of our menial Federal allocation and budding IGR.

I passed Rojennny Tourist Village Oba and i discovered the whole place is now a thriving neigbourhood, people building highrise residential buildings in Rojenny,.....Rojenny Rojenny kwa, Rojenny Oba.....wonders shall never end walahi.

Come to Atani once a sleepy town is now a beehive of activity because Okopoly opened a campus here, if you come to Atani and see chics, you will think your in Owerri, rentage in Atani is skyrocketing seriously, see population, see houses.

The challenge is handling a private sector driven booming economy by a cashstrapped government- weekly sanitation programme will go a long way in helping out the sanitation problems here.

tabletman1:
Buddah my brother,
I am about to say this in our thread though different opinion.
Obiano is trying in sanitation cos recently aswama people even work on sunday just to meet up to their task.
But the problem is the resident, for Onitsha to be neat again all hand must be on deck. If you must notice, people are have started dumping refuse on every junction only because they were told to pack their dirt in nlyon polythene bag that is always distributed to them weekly, now that's the reason why there is always a refuse dump at each junction but it don't use to be so when they have to walk all the way to the refuse dump with their wheel barrow or dust bin. Now they are behaving like pigs because aswama are trying to make things easy for them.

I will only urge those who are close to Obiano to advise him to set up a sanitation program at Onitsha, Nnewi ,Awka and Environs just like Ohakim did his clean and green initiative during his tenure as the imo governor.
Onitsha has to start observing weekly sanitation instead of monthly.
On no account will anybody dump refuse on the road, he should create a special taskforce that will take care of this just like he create a special taskforce for traffic in various road at onitsha. They will catch and prosecute any offender who dump refuse on the road even people who will see refuse bin and dump their dirt on the side of the bin.
During the weekly sanitation, every compound must sweep the front of their compound and not just packing of the refuse in the gutter(this way, there will be less sand on roads)
When dump or refuse is found infront of your shop or compound, then the special taskforce will compel you to pay 3k or 4k just like it is done at umuahia.

To maintain a clean and organized environment, a harsh rules must be made.
Re: Attention, Obiano; Onitsha And Environs Getting Dirtier And Choatic !!!! by investnow2013: 11:19am On Nov 23, 2014
@Tabletman1 Weekly or monthly sanitation is anti-business & should not be encouraged!.Clean environment is the responsibility of everyone, but the govt have to take a lead in this direction!.Environmental services world over is one of the greatest employers of labour, but in Nigeria the reverse is the case!. It is very sad!.Anambra-State can create a lot of jobs in this area.There are about 1000 or more streets & roads in Onitsha & environs. Let take that we employ 3 people on each street or road to clean & beautify it, it will give us a Total of 3000 people gainfully employered!.how about those to clean the Markets,Shopping Malls, Business Parks,Hospitals, Schools,Hotels & Recreation places, Residential Homes & Houses,Motor Parks etc!.
Re: Attention, Obiano; Onitsha And Environs Getting Dirtier And Choatic !!!! by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 23, 2014
Weekly environmental sanitation can never be anti business, closing shop for only 4hrs can never make your business go down.
The culture should be promoted, weekly environmental excercise should be followed religiously despite how businesses are affected.

investnow2013:
@Tabletman1 Weekly or monthly sanitation is anti-business & should not be encouraged!.Clean environment is the responsibility of everyone, but the govt have to take a lead in this direction!.Environmental services world over is one of the greatest employers of labour, but in Nigeria the reverse is the case!. It is very sad!.Anambra-State can create a lot of jobs in this area.There are about 1000 or more streets & roads in Onitsha & environs. Let take that we employ 3 people on each street or road to clean & beautify it, it will give us a Total of 3000 people gainfully employered!.how about those to clean the Markets,Shopping Malls, Business Parks,Hospitals, Schools,Hotels & Recreation places, Residential Homes & Houses,Motor Parks etc!.
Re: Attention, Obiano; Onitsha And Environs Getting Dirtier And Choatic !!!! by investnow2013: 11:32am On Nov 23, 2014
@Okijamaka, 4 hours of work stoppages helps to encourage unemployment. Millions of money & revenue are lost due to 4 hour closure of business!. In my own opinion it is much better to follow what is done world over to use these money to employ people instead of closures!
Re: Attention, Obiano; Onitsha And Environs Getting Dirtier And Choatic !!!! by tabletman1: 9:16pm On Nov 23, 2014
investnow2013:
@Okijamaka, 4 hours of work stoppages helps to encourage unemployment. Millions of money & revenue are lost due to 4 hour closure of business!. In my own opinion it is much better to follow what is done world over to use these money to employ people instead of closures!
The weekly sanitation will be observe on saturday.
And your idea of three people tidying one street is somehow flawed. Do you wanna kill those people with work?
Don't you know the more government employ more workers the more residents will be feeling less concern on what they have to do?
Even if the weekly sanitation is anti business, we need to try it for 2yrs and see the change in our environment.
Lagos is doing weekly sanitation cos that's what an area with massive population does.

1 Like

Re: Attention, Obiano; Onitsha And Environs Getting Dirtier And Choatic !!!! by dat9jaguy(m): 10:17pm On Nov 23, 2014
OkijaAmaka:
I will like to use this medium to bring attention of the Executive Governor of Anambra State Chief Willie Obiano to the filthy path Onitsha the commercial nerve center of the state and her environs is going. If i should rate all the ministries in Anambra State base on perfomance, efficiency and seriousness, i think i should rate the ministry of environment the least perfoming, the most docile and the most unserious in Anambra.
Onitsha end of the Niger Bridge to Zik's Roundabout is becoming an eyesore aswell as sordid, the whole places are being littered with pure water sachets, the streetsweepers are not evacuating sands by the shoulders of the roads thereby causing heaps of sandunes that make the beautiful roads look dusty, unkempt and unpalatable.

The traders at the Electromart have taken over half of the service lane and converted it to parking lots while miscreants are seen collecting fees from them in exchange for parking space in a public road, commercial vehicles are loading and offloading passengers indiscriminately, the Upper Iweka part of the road have been taken over by commercial buses plying the Onitsha-Asaba, they park buses with reckless abandone, this needed to be stopped immediately.

H.E. roadside traders are taking over our highways, they are littering the entire city with their poor sanitation culture, throwing dirts and wastes at will thereby blocking the drainages and littering the environment.

I have been in the city for weeks now having decided to relocate here permanently and am seeing the challenges of governing a booming and one of the fastest developing cities in the world. This is no longer Onitsha one can use 24hrs to see the length and breathd of the city, the city is moving from a metropolitant Onitsha to a cosmopolitant Onitsha that is densely populated with heaviest concentration of highrise neighbourhoods in Nigeria,Educational and Religious Institutions, Intl Mkts, Business Parks and Industrial Estates adorning the city's landscape.

Garbage evacuating trucks are seen daily evacuating wastes yet their services remain unnoticed, heaps of overflowing roadside refuse dumps are becoming common recently....why

Onitsha have changed and transformed from a mere commercial town to a sprawling city that is spilling to adjoining towns like Nsugbe, Ogbunike, Umunya, Oba, Akwu Ukwu, Nkwerre,Okpoko, Iyiowa Odekpe, Ohita, Atani as well as Asaba, Okwe and Ibusa in Delta State.
Having discovered that the more the city expand the greater the challenges of overseeing effective infrastructural development become Herculean task esp in a state like ours that is still learning the rope.

H.E. am not complaining about education, roads, healthcare delivery or security, these are top notch in my dear state presently even your opponents can attest to that, if half of the states in Nigeria can get to the level of ours in those areas, i think achieving the MDGs by Nigeria will be a realities.

Obiano giving Ndi Amambra a decent and clean environment should be a task that must be taken serious, politicking shouldnt be a distraction to this noble cause, we deserve it and we must achieve it.

His Excellency, your subject is unhappy over this ugly development and i plead things get fixed as soon as posibble without much administrative redtapeism and perpetual setting up of committes which characterize an average Nigeria leadership attitude.

I have seen your good works in other areas and am impressed, pls fix this and win more fans.

Ndewo

If you were living in Onitsha some 4 to 5 years back you would know that Onitsha has really changed for the better.I relocated from Onitsha in
2010 and i went back last week for some business,lo and behold,i saw the greatest transformation any city in Nigeria should pray for(road wise and urban renewal ).From
the comments above i now know some people just sit down somewhere far from their object of study and comment blindly.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pdp: Orji Kalu Demands Refund Of N5.5m Senate Form Fee / Is Buhari Going Deaf With Old Age? / Why The Heck Was Election Fixed On Valentine's Day In Nigeria? #electwithlove

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.