Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash (59573 Views)

The Man Who Caused A Scare At The Lagos Airport Today Pictured / See What Was Seen At The Lagos Airport Today (photos) / Emirates Plane Collides With Hak-air Plane During Take-off At Lagos Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by miqos02(m): 12:17pm On Dec 08, 2014
MAITEMA:
Hi guys, just picked up my boxes. Both look intact so I doubt if they've been tampered with.
wow, when did it arrived MMIA?
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by bigtt76(f): 7:24pm On Dec 08, 2014
Lol ...na you sabi wetin you want make ar mentor you on o tongue

LiteKing:
Wao! U understand the situation ever better. I thats what happened. My supplier shipped to Lagos for the local shipper here to clear and alert me.pls i still have a lot to learn in this game, will u be my personal mentor?
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by bigtt76(f): 7:25pm On Dec 08, 2014
Happy for you. Looking forward to mine this week too in Jesus Name. Amen

MAITEMA:
Hi guys, just picked up my boxes. Both look intact so I doubt if they've been tampered with.
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by LiteKing(m): 8:28pm On Dec 08, 2014
@Bigtt76
Thanks, but am not really sure now. I just want u to be there when i need to ask a question that demands an urgent answer, u know; like a direct communication link. And i promise not to overburden u with questions.
Please.
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by bigtt76(f): 8:44pm On Dec 08, 2014
No wahala ...feel free to buzz me anytime wink

LiteKing:
@Bigtt76
Thanks, but am not really sure now. I just want u to be there when i need to ask a question that demands an urgent answer, u know; like a direct communication link. And i promise not to overburden u with questions.
Please.
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by LiteKing(m): 8:23am On Dec 09, 2014
@Bigtt76
Thanks again. Any info from the airport?
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by bigtt76(f): 8:59am On Dec 09, 2014
I'm not at the airport ....I'm an importer too waiting for my stuff from my shippers. I was made to understand clearing in progress so hopefully no issue with clearing except that the backlogs need to be cleared first.

LiteKing:
@Bigtt76
Thanks again. Any info from the airport?
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by LiteKing(m): 9:42am On Dec 09, 2014
bigtt76:
I'm not at the airport ....I'm an importer too waiting for my stuff from my shippers. I was made to understand clearing in progress so hopefully no issue with clearing except that the backlogs need to be cleared first.

ok thanks
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by elnino188(m): 1:31pm On Dec 09, 2014
I can't wait to hear from my agent their silence is killing me have waited weeks for these package and nothing yet even when other people are getting their packages my shipper remain mute same as the agent well there is God Ohh Mr Chinedu

1 Like

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by Lexyp(m): 4:42pm On Dec 09, 2014
Please i need a reply is there hope of me getting this package anymore? No update since on 12th of November till now all i keep seeing is on transit

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by bigtt76(f): 5:07pm On Dec 09, 2014
Where are you located and what are the contents of the parcel?

Lexyp:
Please i need a reply is there hope of me getting this package anymore? No update since on 12th of November till now all i keep seeing is on transit
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by wisehouse(m): 5:43pm On Dec 09, 2014
Has anyone heard from st Patrick
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by OOG(m): 9:33pm On Dec 09, 2014
Lexyp:

Your package may have been delivered already. I had the same issue with USPS concerning some of my packages that they claimed could not be delivered or are in transit till now whereas I have confirmed they have been delivered. It seems they have not been updating their records lately probably due to the high rate of logistics during this period of the year.
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by Lexyp(m): 10:32pm On Dec 09, 2014
But how am i to know it's has been delivered because i called the post office in my area and they said my package hasn't been delivered
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by bigtt76(f): 5:44am On Dec 10, 2014
Be patient ...it will be delivered. You need to understand that these things take time and a lot of patience. That is why most people you see go for the use of Freighters who assist in consolidating one's purchases and ship in bulk to Nigeria. Using services such as USPS (US equivalent of NIPOST) means that the package is giving same level of importance as an ordinary snail mail (post office letters) ...no much care is attached.

Also depending on the package content, it might be hijacked by 'post office rats' who specializes in sniffing valuables from mails and make them disappear without trace.

Besides all this, once the mail is cleared, it first goes to the NIPOST Hq where it is sorted out into State-->Local Government Area-->Nearest Post Office to you.

So depending on where you reside and the content (I asked you earlier but you choose not to answer undecided), it might take time or require you to pay customs duty (not all post office have Custom Officials attached) and so might need to go to the National Post Office Hq or State Hq to collect/pay duties.

Al the best ....still waiting for mine too undecided

Lexyp:
But how am i to know it's has been delivered because i called the post office in my area and they said my package hasn't been delivered
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by elnino188(m): 8:44am On Dec 10, 2014
Good morning everyone please I want to know of there is anyone using Allworld international Inc . here? I am tired of waiting it's almost a month already Mr. Chinedu who happened to be their correspondent on Nigeria would not even say anything reasonable on phone . Their office in NY would not respond to email .. I am worried sick I couldn't meet deadline for these deliveries and I can't tell my client when to expect their goods . Please help me If you have any info about this company

1 Like

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by bigtt76(f): 10:50am On Dec 10, 2014
Lmao.... Pardon me o but this crank me up.

elnino188:
Good morning everyone please I want to know of there is anyone using Allworld international Inc . here? I am tired of waiting it's almost a month already Mr. Chinedu who happened to be their correspondent on Nigeria would not even say anything reasonable on phone . Their office in NY would not respond to email .. I am worried sick I couldn't meet deadline for these deliveries and I can't tell my client when to expect their goods . Please help me If you have any info about this company
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by elnino188(m): 11:18am On Dec 10, 2014
Why nah ...I only need help madam sad(
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by justi4jesu(f): 12:06pm On Dec 10, 2014
elnino188:

Have you tried calling the said guy with a different Number if he will pick? And it may be the Nahco issue that made it that long. Who knows. smiley
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by phumtadeic: 12:48pm On Dec 10, 2014
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by Mariesio: 2:05pm On Dec 10, 2014
phumtadeic:
Hello to you all!!
Please has anyone received their package from st Patrick, shipped through normal shipping since Nahco resumed.......

None, called Favour this morning who said hopefully today
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by bigtt76(f): 2:16pm On Dec 10, 2014
I know ...just funny thoughts came over me that some 'fake' freighters could just setup business and be collecting people's stuff without delivering. Just what we shoppers/importers are exposed to. There's no way of verifying their authenticity undecided

elnino188:
Why nah ...I only need help madam sad(
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by bizzle2: 2:47am On Dec 11, 2014
I use Allworld. I currently have 3 outstanding packages, from different weeks.. The nahco thingie messed up their usually fast service. Got a mail from them today tho. Jst chill you'll receive your package.
The annoying thing tho is they're usually not forthcoming with useful information when you need it. Especially that dude at the lagos office.... The most useful information he gives you is... "We'll call you when your package is ready". You'd atleast expect them to keep thier customers updated, with courteous responses.
You needn't panick about loss tho, Allworld have been very reliable for the most part. We should hopefully pick up by the weekend
elnino188:

1 Like

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by bigtt76(f): 5:05pm On Dec 11, 2014
Guys ...ust got my stuff now and intact ...though not opened yet I'm very optimistic it would be jst fine undecided Thanks @r321 and others alike. To those still awaiting their packages, be rest assured that it will clear and get to you on time before the Christmas break.
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by Mariesio: 6:24pm On Dec 11, 2014
Hello House, who has collected parcels from Nonny Kings or St Patrick?
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by Nobody: 6:57pm On Dec 11, 2014
bigtt76:
Guys ...ust got my stuff now and intact ...though not opened yet I'm very optimistic it would be jst fine undecided Thanks @r321 and others alike. To those still awaiting their packages, be rest assured that it will clear and get to you on time before the Christmas break.

Thank you so much for the good wishes! Am happy for you o o o. I wish I can just get my own tomorrow.

Am getting a bit worried and my shippers are not helping matters with their lackadaisical responses.

God bless you!
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by TheMadame(f): 8:15pm On Dec 11, 2014
As I said before,all importers need to be patient and prayerful. Goods strewn across the tarmac as far as eyes can see, in fact customs can not finish that work for the next three months. Trust me that is why your agents/shippers have gone incominicado.
You need lots of prayers ooo.
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by LiteKing(m): 11:11pm On Dec 11, 2014
bigtt76:

Am really happy for u. Hope to receive mine soon. Cheers! Dear.
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by bizzle2: 12:22am On Dec 12, 2014
Sighs....As always..... "the common Nigerian, forever at the receiving end since 1600AD"
All the fallout from one man's stupidity and arrogance. I dont care what bloody reforms he thought he was making, his ego got the better part of him. There are a dozen ways the perceived problems could have been dealt with, without making life miserable for innocents caught in the cross fire. who evn happen to be the source of the whole bloody income in the first place!!!
I'm Sick Sick! Sick!!!! of Happenings in this country
TheMadame:
As I said before,all importers need to be patient and prayerful. Goods strewn across the tarmac as far as eyes can see, in fact customs can not finish that work for the next three months. Trust me that is why your agents/shippers have gone incominicado.
You need lots of prayers ooo.
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by r231(m): 12:30am On Dec 12, 2014
bizzle2:
Sighs....As always..... "the common Nigerian, forever at the receiving end since 1600AD"
All the fallout from one man's stupidity and arrogance. I dont care what bloody reforms he thought he was making, his ego got the better part of him. There are a dozen ways the perceived problems could have been dealt with, without making life miserable for innocents caught in the cross fire. who evn happen to be the source of the whole bloody income in the first place!!!
I'm Sick Sick! Sick!!!! of Happenings in this country

You don't even know the half of it....now we have to pay demurrage for his stupidity and the new tariff with immediate effect as well
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by bizzle2: 12:55am On Dec 12, 2014
Do we even have a voice in this country
r231:

You don't even know the half of it....now we have to pay demurrage for his stupidity and the new tariff with immediate effect as well
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by r231(m): 1:09am On Dec 12, 2014
bizzle2:
Do we even have a voice in this country

Crazy country......no disrespect intended

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Tanker Carrying Petrol Explodes With Driver Trapped inside In Ebonyi (Photos) / 12 Beautiful Resorts In Nigeria Where You Can Enjoy Your Honeymoon / Car Splits Into Two After Accident In Delta, But Driver Walks Out Alive. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.