Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,877 members, 7,817,585 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

High Paying Careers That Make You Work The Weekends - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / High Paying Careers That Make You Work The Weekends (3538 Views)

13 High Paying Side Jobs You Can Do / Top 5 Careers That Can Make Your Spouse Cheat On You / Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

High Paying Careers That Make You Work The Weekends by Fulaman198(m): 3:57pm On Nov 23, 2014
1. Doctors
2. I.T. professionals
3. Nurses

Please add your own
Re: High Paying Careers That Make You Work The Weekends by abdulwastecx(m): 4:49pm On Nov 23, 2014
Fulaman198:
1. Doctors
2. I.T. professionals
3. Nurses

Please add your own

civil engineering
architecture

3 Likes

Re: High Paying Careers That Make You Work The Weekends by Fulaman198(m): 4:56pm On Nov 23, 2014
abdulwastecx:

civil engineering
architecture

Yep that's true
Re: High Paying Careers That Make You Work The Weekends by LordReed(m): 8:29pm On Nov 23, 2014
Professional musician
Professional sportsman/athlete

2 Likes

Re: High Paying Careers That Make You Work The Weekends by Nobody: 10:18pm On Nov 23, 2014
Fulaman198:
1. Doctors
2. I.T. professionals
3. Nurses
4. CATTLE REARING
Please add your own...
Walahi,numba por i get am por flenty flenty money,walahi...
malu
Re: High Paying Careers That Make You Work The Weekends by V0lv0(f): 5:58pm On Nov 28, 2014
Auditors, pharmacists
Re: High Paying Careers That Make You Work The Weekends by Eragablessen(m): 6:02pm On Nov 28, 2014
Laboratory technicians.
Secretaries "depends sometimes".
Re: High Paying Careers That Make You Work The Weekends by LordReed(m): 6:35pm On Nov 28, 2014
Eragablessen:
Laboratory technicians.
Secretaries "depends sometimes".

Lab Tech high paying?
Re: High Paying Careers That Make You Work The Weekends by Eragablessen(m): 6:45pm On Nov 28, 2014
LordReed:

Lab Tech high paying?

Privately owned is high paid.!!!
That you have to work weekends plus Sundays due to Emergency transfusions.
Hope you decipher?
Re: High Paying Careers That Make You Work The Weekends by LordReed(m): 9:21pm On Nov 28, 2014
Eragablessen:

Privately owned is high paid.!!!
That you have to work weekends plus Sundays due to Emergency transfusions.
Hope you decipher?

I don't know but I doubt that the focus is on business owners.
Re: High Paying Careers That Make You Work The Weekends by Eragablessen(m): 9:39am On Nov 29, 2014
LordReed:

I don't know but I doubt that the focus is on business owners.

Well said. Your doubt is sure based on business owners. I also run my private lab and its more benefiting than be a mere salary depending manager.
Re: High Paying Careers That Make You Work The Weekends by LordReed(m): 10:01am On Nov 29, 2014
Eragablessen:

Well said. Your doubt is sure based on business owners. I also run my private lab and its more benefiting than be a mere salary depending manager.

How much do you pay your staff?
Re: High Paying Careers That Make You Work The Weekends by Eragablessen(m): 10:06am On Nov 29, 2014
LordReed:

How much do you pay your staff?

Except if you want to be my manager then be my guest to answer the oblivion..
Its a new Lab and I'm yet to employ a staff probably cos my schedule warrants it for now.
Re: High Paying Careers That Make You Work The Weekends by adamskutty(m): 6:03pm On Nov 29, 2014
Architecture
Re: High Paying Careers That Make You Work The Weekends by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 29, 2014
Some jobs here are not high paying but you work weekends with them eg secretaries to those working weekends.
Re: High Paying Careers That Make You Work The Weekends by Fulaman198(m): 8:38pm On Nov 29, 2014
fellis:
Some jobs here are not high paying but you work weekends with them eg secretaries to those working weekends.

Can you please elaborate on which jobs listed are not high paying except for what the bigoted and fradulent troll listed when he quoted my name
Re: High Paying Careers That Make You Work The Weekends by Nobody: 8:45pm On Nov 29, 2014
Fulaman198:

Can you please elaborate on which jobs listed are not high paying except for what the bigoted and fradulent troll listed when he quoted my name
Auditors, lab technicians, secretaries angry angry angry
Re: High Paying Careers That Make You Work The Weekends by Fulaman198(m): 9:25pm On Nov 29, 2014
fellis:

Auditors, lab technicians, secretaries angry angry angry

Oh ok, agreed!

STEM fields pay extremely well. Eventually a Lab Tech will make some good money though as a junior scientist.
Re: High Paying Careers That Make You Work The Weekends by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 29, 2014
Fulaman198:

Oh ok, agreed!

STEM fields pay extremely well. Eventually a Lab Tech will make some good money though as a junior scientist.

Ok angry
Re: High Paying Careers That Make You Work The Weekends by Fulaman198(m): 9:52pm On Nov 29, 2014
fellis:

Ok angry

LOL what's up with the faces Fellis
Re: High Paying Careers That Make You Work The Weekends by Nobody: 10:05pm On Nov 29, 2014
Fulaman198:

LOL what's up with the faces Fellis

I just developed this love for smileys so I feel like adding them in every post I can even when they don't belong there undecided
Re: High Paying Careers That Make You Work The Weekends by Fulaman198(m): 10:07pm On Nov 29, 2014
fellis:

I just developed this love for smileys so I feel like adding them in every post I can even when they don't belong there undecided

I think it's sort of adorable. Keep on with the faces.
Re: High Paying Careers That Make You Work The Weekends by Nobody: 5:34pm On Dec 01, 2014
Fulaman198:

Oh ok, agreed!

Lab Techs don't necessarily make 'great' money. That depends more on the location tho (supply and demand). One of our Med Techs moved to Cali, and he now makes double what the Techs here are making.

(Your Q is probably in reference to Nigeria tho smiley)

1 Like

Re: High Paying Careers That Make You Work The Weekends by Fulaman198(m): 6:43pm On Dec 01, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Lab Techs don't necessarily make 'great' money. That depends more on the location tho (supply and demand). One of our Med Techs moved to Cali, and he now makes double what the Techs here are making.

(Your Q is probably in reference to Nigeria tho smiley)

That's true but you also have to realize miss that the cost of living in certain parts of California (San Francisco Bay area, Orange County near Los Angeles, San Diego, etc.) are extremely high in comparison to other parts of the United States (save Manhattan).
Re: High Paying Careers That Make You Work The Weekends by Nobody: 7:22pm On Dec 01, 2014
Fulaman198:

That's true but you also have to realize miss that the cost of living in certain parts of California (San Francisco Bay area, Orange County near Los Angeles, San Diego, etc.) extremely high in comparison to other parts of the United States (save Manhattan).

Considered. You know, a lot of people prefer commuting to bustling cities as opposed to living in them? I forget where I was told he lived, but I remember her saying his cost of living is quite decent (he is single tho). He makes almost $50/hr. I almost shyt my pants when I heard that! lipsrsealed tongue The techs that work graveyards with me (graves get a bit more pay) get paid around half that, and they all collectively shytt their pants, turned in their notices, and packed their bags post-haste to the land of the shining sun grin (jk).

1 Like

Re: High Paying Careers That Make You Work The Weekends by Fulaman198(m): 7:53pm On Dec 01, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Considered. You know, a lot of people prefer commuting to bustling cities as opposed to living in them? I forget where I was told he lived, but I remember her saying his cost of living is quite decent (he is single tho). He makes almost $50/hr. I almost shyt my pants when I heard that! lipsrsealed tongue The techs that work graveyards with me (graves get a bit more pay) get paid around half that, and they all collectively shytt their pants, turned in their notices, and packed their bags post-haste to the land of the shining sun grin (jk).

That's very good money that he is making, that in US currency is $104,000 a year or roughly the equivalent of $2000 a week (there are 52 weeks in a year anyways). That is above what 92% of the people in the United States make as individuals. That's a very good salary, and as aforementioned typically people in the STEM fields make such salaries.

The reason I didn't list athletes like some people here are listing is because of the fact hardly anyone becomes a "professional athlete". I am also under the belief system that athletes make too much money for what they actually do for their respective societies.

Your colleagues in MN aren't doing badly though. $25/hr is roughly $52,000/year which isn't great but can earn you a decent living where you live in that part of the United States.
Re: High Paying Careers That Make You Work The Weekends by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 01, 2014
Fulaman198:

That's very good money that he is making, that in US currency is $104,000 a year or roughly the equivalent of $2000 a week (there are 52 weeks in a year anyways). That is above what 92% of the people in the United States make as individuals. That's a very good salary, and as aforementioned typically people in the STEM fields make such salaries.

The reason I didn't list athletes like some people here are listing is because of the fact hardly anyone becomes a "professional athlete". I am also under the belief system that athletes make too much money for what they actually do for their respective societies.

Your colleagues in MN aren't doing badly though. $25/hr is roughly $52,000/year which isn't great but can earn you a decent living where you live in that part of the United States.

Yh. I honestly still don't believe it tbh lol. I'm gonna have to re-confirm, but I heard $46/hr to be exact.

I don't live in MN.

1 Like

Re: High Paying Careers That Make You Work The Weekends by Fulaman198(m): 8:08pm On Dec 01, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

I honestly still don't believe it tbh. I'm gonna re-confirm lol!

I don't live in MN.

Oh I'm sorry I thought you mentioned that you lived in the snow belt of the United States in MN, that's my fault.

$104,000 a year is quite a lot of money for a lot of people. It's possible he's making that much, but it's also possible that his salary is being blown out of proportion.
Re: High Paying Careers That Make You Work The Weekends by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 01, 2014
Fulaman198:

Oh I'm sorry I thought you mentioned that you lived in the snow belt of the United States in MN, that's my fault.

$104,000 a year is quite a lot of money for a lot of people. It's possible he's making that much, but it's also possible that his salary is being blown out of proportion.

Snowbelt, yes. MN, never.

Yh. Salaries aren't fixed, especially from location to location, but I was def shocked to hear it myself.

1 Like

Re: High Paying Careers That Make You Work The Weekends by Fulaman198(m): 9:00pm On Dec 01, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Snowbelt, yes. MN, never.

Yh. Salaries aren't fixed, especially from location to location, but I was def shocked to hear it myself.

LOL true, there is typically a particular range like a senior scientist may make from $80k to $110k. But what you are describing is double the amount expected so shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: High Paying Careers That Make You Work The Weekends by LordReed(m): 11:21pm On Dec 01, 2014
Fulaman198:

Are you talking of the number of people who become professional sportsmen? If so you must consider that sport has a very wide definition and covers more than just "athlete". The professional race car driver, the professional motorcycle racer, etc are all considered sportsmen so if volume of people involved is your definition of what constitutes a career then sports definitely has it.
Re: High Paying Careers That Make You Work The Weekends by Fulaman198(m): 11:36pm On Dec 01, 2014
LordReed:

Are you talking of the number of people who become professional sportsmen? If so you must consider that sport has a very wide definition and covers more than just "athlete". The professional race car driver, the professional motorcycle racer, etc are all considered sportsmen so if volume of people involved is your definition of what constitutes a career then sports definitely has it.

Yep, I meant someone considered a professional athlete, like a pro footballer playing for Barcelona or Chelsea, or someone who plays America's variation of "football" the majority of people do not become professional athletes, regardless of sport (some of these sports are questionable about whether or not they should be called sports like Nascar driving or Golf ROFLLL). In any case, less than 1% of the population ever become professional athletes (much less).

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Make Money At The Comfort Of Your Home With An Online Trusted Scheme That Is Pay / Samples Of Resume's For Multi National Companies / Soft Copies Of ACCA BPP Books

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.