Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,540 members, 7,955,008 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:19 PM

Eternity Without End - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Eternity Without End (507 Views)

Quran Testifies To The Bible: It Says It Stands Till Eternity / World Without End / They Shall Inherit World Without End (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Eternity Without End by Nobody: 9:25pm On Nov 23, 2014
Divine Seed

Eternity without End

Eternity means "forever". It is "time without end, or infinity," It is endless. A thousand, million, billion etc years cannot be equated with eternity. Eternity is immeasurable.

Every person has a beginning in time but no end, because man has an everlasting soul (Daniel 12:2). Everyone face a very long time beyond the grave. This time is so long that one cannot humanly comprehend it. We on our own freewill determine while here on earth where we will spend eternity. We will either live eternally with God in heaven or with satan in hell. The Bible refers to eternity spent in the presence of the Holy God as eternal life (Revelation 20:6; Revelation 22:1-5) and that spent in hell the place that burns with fire and sulphur as eternal death (Revelation 20:11-15; Revelation 21:cool. We see that ‘life’ means to be present with God and ‘death’ means to be cut off from God. Christ our Lord in John 3:16 says "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” The Lord Jesus is God's gift to lost mankind to save him from the consequences of sin. He is “the Lamb of God Who takes away the sin of the world” (John 1:29). He was made an offering for the sin of man -atonement- (2 Corinthians 5:21; Hebrews 10:12, 14). Christ's atoning blood appeases God's wrath on all sin (propitiation) -Romans 3:25; 1 John 2:2; 1 John 4:10-. By the sacrifice of Himself, Jesus Christ provided the ultimate propitiation.

John 3:18 states "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.” Eternal life is available to only those who believe in the Only Begotten Son of God. Belief in Christ is the sole determinant of our eternal destination. To believe in Christ includes these three main elements:

1. A sure conviction that Jesus Christ is God's Son and the only Saviour for lost humanity (1 Timothy 1:15; 1 Timothy 2:5).

2. A self surrendering fellowship with Christ and obedience to Him (John 15:1-10).

3. A fully assured trust that Christ is both able and willing to bring you to final salvation and to fellowship with God in heaven (Philippians 1:6).

God bestows eternal life unto all those who accept the Lordship of Christ and are born again, that is born of the Spirit (John 3:3,5-6; Romans 8:9). Eternal life comes automatically unto all those who are in Christ and remain in Him in absolute faithful loyalty. It does not begin after death but right now while here on earth. Our Lord in John 5:24 says "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life." Everlasting or eternal life is a divine quality of life. A life that frees us from the power of sin and satan and removes us from what is merely earthly in order to know God (John 8:34-35).

The second part of John 3:18 speaks of those who reject Christ as the gift of God to mankind. This passage declares that such people stand condemned already. Such unrepentant ones will face the dreadful reality of eternal punishment. To those who say that the merciful and loving God will not cast anyone to hell, hear again what Christ said in Luke 12:4-5 "And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear Him, which after He hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear Him."

Brethren as taught by our Lord Jesus Christ, there is a place of eternal punishment for those condemned before God. This place is a place of eternal fire for those who reject salvation made available only in God's Son, Jesus Christ. The fire in hell never goes out and their worms do not die (Mark 9:43-44). It is a place of weeping and gnashing of teeth; of torment and agony and separation from heaven (Luke 16:23). It is a place for the devil and his angels.

The Bible declares in Hebrews 9:27 that "it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment". God's judgement is sure. It cannot be wished away. Paul the apostle says in 2 Corinthians 5:10 "For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad." While the believer's judgement will not result in a declaration of condemnation by God, the unbeliever's judgment shall lead into condemnation. Brethren “it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God” (Hebrews 10:31). Like the Apostle Paul said “Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men” (2 Corinthians 5:11). Your influence, position, fame, wealth etc make no difference before the just God. There is nothing in this world that is worth sacrificing in place of eternity with God. Christ The Lord asks in Mark 8:36-37 "For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?" Our Lord warns us against covetousness. He states that a man's life does not consist in the abundance of things that he possesses (Luke 12:15). It is foolhardy to lay up treasures on earth and not to be rich towards God (Luke 12:20-21). Remember Lazarus and the rich man in Luke 16:19-31.

Conclusion
It is infinitely certain that we cannot live in this world forever. One day we must all die and leave this sinful world or if the Lord comes before that day, we will stand before Him in judgement. James says in chapter 4:14 that life is "a vapour that appears for a little time and then vanishes away." One who is in Christ Jesus will not be afraid of death because he is guaranteed of eternal life with God in heaven (2 Corinthians 5:8; Philippians 1:23; 2 Peter 1:13-15). He looks forward to being in God's glorious presence that is full of peace and tranquillity (Philippians 1:21; 2 Timothy 4:6-cool. He knows that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared to the glory that shall be revealed in him (Romans 8:18).

Are you afraid of death? Fear of death is an indication that you are yet to know the Person of our Lord Jesus Christ. He is the One Who has victory over death (Romans 6:9-10; Hebrews 2:14). In Christ is life because He is the resurrection and the life. He declares thus in John 11:25-26 "I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in Me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in Me shall never die. Believest thou this?" Like The Lord asked Martha, He is asking you and I "Believest thou this?" If you believe, then save yourself from this perverse generation by repenting of your sins and seek Christ Who is able to forgive you your sins and bring you into His kingdom, because “whosoever shall call upon the name of The Lord shall be saved” (Acts 2:21).
We have by the grace of God, proclaimed to you the Word of Truth. This truth endures forever and is same from generation to generation (Psalm 117:2; Psalm 100:5). He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches (Revelation 2:29).

God bless you in Jesus’ name, Amen.

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Is Still Physically Around / Unbelievable!!! Have You Seen The World's Tiniest Bible? / Do You Believe In Christ?...then Read This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.