Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,770 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:35 PM

HELP: I Am Being Forced Into Pastoral Duties Against My Will - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / HELP: I Am Being Forced Into Pastoral Duties Against My Will (725 Views)

Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary / Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary / Soul Stealing: Power Relations In Pastoral Sex.ual Abuse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP: I Am Being Forced Into Pastoral Duties Against My Will by Aladdin1(m): 9:58pm On Nov 23, 2014
Okay. I started a church recently. The church is just a new ministry, with a few adult members and children. I joined the church because its a true and bible believing and fire prayers praying church. But its being barely a month since i joined the church and the pastor is conscripting me into pastoral duties like preaching during bible studies,praying,teaching sunday school e.t.c. The problem is that i am a very shy person and also very shy of religious and pastoral duties. I am a good christian and i want to serve God. but i lack the boldness &interest to do the work of a pastor. I am just not cut out for it. Although some men of God have told me in the past that i have a ministry for God,that i would be a pastor. But don't you think it would be right for me to hear from God directly on that issue? I have fasted and prayed severally but God is yet to reveal or confirm that. And i dont want to go into ministry work when i am not called and equipped by God. I want to tell the pastor that i dont want to do those ministerial duties but am afraid i may Offend him. Pls. What do i do?
Re: HELP: I Am Being Forced Into Pastoral Duties Against My Will by ITbomb(m): 10:36pm On Nov 23, 2014
Teaching Sunday school should not be a big deal especially if you are already filled with the Holy Spirit.
You only need that specific revelation to start your own ministry
Re: HELP: I Am Being Forced Into Pastoral Duties Against My Will by zyzxx(m): 10:48pm On Nov 23, 2014
exactly @ ITbomb
I teach sunday school, I preach on sundays, I use to take bible study many times and so on and am not a pastor am a bro.
Most people call me pastor I just laugh. if I will be a pastor God will tell me dat.
If u av holyspirit and u are deep and strong in God dere is nothing to stop u from working for God.
But If u av many things to work on urself spiritually pls step back because there are many temptations and challenges on d way dan d work or title itself.
God bless u bro.
Re: HELP: I Am Being Forced Into Pastoral Duties Against My Will by JESUSSAVES2014: 11:13pm On Nov 23, 2014
The above persons has down justice to it. My brother those activities does not make u a pastor. If u are shy go on ur knee and ask for the boldness to preach the gospel of christ.

(1) (Reply)

Photos : Over 5,000 Buffalo Slaughtered By Hindus To Bring Worshippers Goodluck / Satanic Rules And Statements Of The Earth / 2nd Unilorin Muslim Graduates' Association (UNILOMGA) Convergence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.