Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,047 members, 7,825,335 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary (35479 Views)

Tom Samson's Rolls-Royce 50th Birthday Gift (pics) / Check Out Pastor Chris Okotie's Fleet Of Cars (Photos) / An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by DonColz1(m): 1:29am On Dec 22, 2013
The Pastor of the Household of God Church International, Chris Okotie, recently bought a Rolls Royce Coupe, the 2014 Bespoke Edition, to mark his 30 years as born-again Christian and 27 years as a pastor,SUNDAY PUNCHlearnt on Saturday.
According Okotie’s close aide, the pastor spent N120m on the luxury car and had earlier spent N33m on a Range Rover Autobiography to mark a milestone of his church.
The source, in a text message, said, “Pastor Okotie just bought a Rolls Royce Coupe, 2014 Bespoke Edition at N120m to mark his 30 years as a born-again Christian and 27 years as a pastor. He had earlier bought a Range Rover (Autobiography) 2014 Model for N33m, reputed to be the costliest SUV in the world to mark this ministry’s milestone.”
Checks on the Internet showed that the cheapest price of same Rolls Royce model is about N65m, but it could be more expensive if armoured.
Fifty-five-year-old Okotie was in the news recently for the controversial comments he made during a church service in which he claimed that “all Catholics will go to hell,” and referred to Pope Francis as anti-Christ.
http://www.punchng.com/news/okotie-buys-n120m-rolls-royce-to-mark-pastoral-anniversary/

3 Likes

Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by fijiano202(m): 1:40am On Dec 22, 2013
Wow see ride wey pastor wan go drive for Heaven.nna angels go fear fear

41 Likes

Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by braine(m): 1:56am On Dec 22, 2013
What kind of job does a pastor do to give way for purchase of such frivolous material? All at the expense of the poor majority of his congregation!

God is observing you.

12 Likes

Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by Brimmie(m): 2:09am On Dec 22, 2013
Chris ma niqqa!! cheesy

27 Likes

Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by Obiagu1(m): 2:21am On Dec 22, 2013
Running a church is like running a country.
Everyone works hard to pay you tax.

31 Likes

Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by Nobody: 2:35am On Dec 22, 2013
As if he wan shoot Hip-Hop Video..maybe featuring a rick ross undecided

BTW, am not sure God called him, God flash am and his phone dey autopick...

FPTinz

23 Likes

Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by greatgilbert: 2:40am On Dec 22, 2013
Obasgilbert: As if he wan shoot Hip-Hop Video..maybe featuring a rick ross undecided

He was doing that before he became 'born-again'!

1 Like

Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by MagicBishop: 2:44am On Dec 22, 2013
This guy just they rob God's people

2 Likes

Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by duni04(m): 4:16am On Dec 22, 2013
Obiagu1: Running a church is like running a country.
Everyone works hard to pay you tax.
grin

3 Likes

Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by Nobody: 4:26am On Dec 22, 2013
Lord have mercy undecided

4 Likes

Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by Nobody: 4:45am On Dec 22, 2013
Holy crap, how do i become a pastor?

5 Likes

Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by Tuntheycr7: 4:47am On Dec 22, 2013
Most of you pointing fingers now wud actually have done the same if you were to be in that position.
But seriously that man just de flex o,
Only papa God knws who de serve him in truth and spirit.

10 Likes

Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by MagicBishop: 4:53am On Dec 22, 2013
^^^So it's true that this guy has body guards protecting him wherever he goes even when at the pulpit?

Jesus don suffer for una hand

13 Likes

Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by rexbuton: 5:22am On Dec 22, 2013
Test all spirits...

3 Likes

Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by kokoA(m): 5:29am On Dec 22, 2013
As he dey change wives, na so he dey change cars.. Dey guy like change well well.

30 Likes

Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by asanchez(m): 5:49am On Dec 22, 2013
END TIME CAR

5 Likes

Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by wheesin(m): 6:12am On Dec 22, 2013
according to researchs and observations...almost ¼ of d richest pastors in the world are from nigeria..

THIS THING DEY TURN BUSINESS O...TIME TO OPEN MY OWN CHURCH..GOD CALLED ME

3 Likes

Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by ogbonge9grian: 6:13am On Dec 22, 2013
I no blame am at all. Na him gullible followers I blame

22 Likes

Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 6:22am On Dec 22, 2013
Magic Bishop: ^^^So it's true that this guy has body guards protecting him wherever he goes even when at the pulpit?

Jesus don suffer for una hand
He lives daily in the fear of husbands he has wrecked their homes. But i'm sure someday one of them will come to church with a loaded Pistol................and rest will be tagged E...T....T

4 Likes

Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by ebamma(m): 6:34am On Dec 22, 2013
And yet some gullible nigerians will go to that church of his today and pay tithes,
Your tithe doesn't reach the lord bro, that's your tithe money right there, so next time instead of paying tithe to this hip hop preacher, please give it to charity

51 Likes

Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by ajoguegbe(m): 6:43am On Dec 22, 2013
braine: What kind of job does a pastor do to give way for purchase of such frivolous material? All at the expense of the poor majority of his congregation!

The idea of church is almost walking out of my mind with news like this.
And who gave you the statistics of poor people in his church. Most of you wish pastors are poor, it is the desire of the devil too, but its too late they have discovered their rights in Christ. If you as an ordinary member realize your right in Christ and work hard, you will join the rich class, its not meant for pastors alone but some are leading by example.

It was Judas who criticized Mary for spending on Christ with the argument that such spending should have been given to the poor, an argument Jesus countered(John 12:3-5). The same old trick of the devil: trying to use compassion for the poor to stop believers from getting any favour. For crying out loud 90% people are poor by choice not by chance. Many had the same challenge that made them poor but utilized it to become rich while they were giving excuses. You don't expect me to be living poor just because their are people who refused to pay the price that I paid. Some people are making money now while some are always on Nairaland lazying and looking for the next pastor to criticize, later in life they will look for those to blame for their poverty: either government or uncle. I have told myself, I have no reason to be poor and even if I am a pastor, it has not changed my conviction. Hate me as you can, its not my fault, I labour for it like some pastors do

Disclaimer: Please note that I am not saying there are no theifing men of God, but such people often return to poverty, karma catches up with them. And even if not, they will pay the ultimate price but it is not you that should judge a God's servant(Rom 14:4), no not in a public forum, bible is against it; it is not you that should join the camp of the accuser of the brethren (Rev 12:9-11)except you are working for the devil yourself

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by mickyarams: 6:45am On Dec 22, 2013
Nigerians deserve every problems they are facing in the country. Instead of us to bring about our own revolution, we will carry on donating to religious leaders to buy expensive houses, cars and private jet. Very soon they will start buying space shuttles. Nigerians think God is a magician that will magically turn our situation around without putting any effort.

10 Likes

Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by otokx(m): 6:49am On Dec 22, 2013
Tempted to say but at least he did not buy a jet.

3 Likes

Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by slap1(m): 6:55am On Dec 22, 2013
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than the others.

12 Likes

Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by Nobody: 7:01am On Dec 22, 2013
braine: What kind of job does a pastor do to give way for purchase of such frivolous material? All at the expense of the poor majority of his congregation!

The idea of church is almost walking out of my mind with news like this.
. Did I hear you say poor? Guys in his church aren't poor I remember when I Went his church about ten years back and gave twenty naira as my offering I felt like the poorest kid on earth trust me the members are anything but poor.

1 Like

Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by Nobody: 7:04am On Dec 22, 2013
wheesin: according to researchs and observations...almost ¼ of d richest pastors in the world are from nigeria..

THIS THING DEY TURN BUSINESS O...TIME TO OPEN MY OWN CHURCH..GOD CALLED ME
. Amen brother! I will be your assistant sha.
Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by omenka(m): 7:08am On Dec 22, 2013
We seem to be unanimous in condemnation of this 130million buy. Talk about the big GOs who spend billions of private jets (CAN president inclusive) and you would be amazed the discordant tunes you would get here.

4 Likes

Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by Nobody: 7:30am On Dec 22, 2013
Church businessis really booming! BTW, Hez still beta dan those dat bot 3-4-5 jets!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by adconline(m): 7:41am On Dec 22, 2013
And they keep deceiving you that your rewards and paradise are in heaven while they are buying everything on earth.

7 Likes

Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by IAMBREEZY: 7:57am On Dec 22, 2013
Get rich or die tryin

3 Likes

Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by citizenY(m): 8:02am On Dec 22, 2013
ajoguegbe:
And who gave you the statistics of poor people in his church. Most of you wish pastors are poor, it is the desire of the devil too, but its too late they have discovered their rights in Christ. If you as an ordinary member realize your right in Christ and work hard, you will join the rich class, its not meant for pastors alone but some are leading by example.

It was Judas who criticized Mary for spending on Christ with the argument that such spending should have been given to the poor, an argument Jesus countered(John 12:3-5). The same old trick of the devil: trying to use compassion for the poor to stop believers from getting any favour. For crying out loud 90% people are poor by choice not by chance. Many had the same challenge that made them poor but utilized it to become rich while they were giving excuses. You don't expect me to be living poor just because their are people who refused to pay the price that I paid. Some people are making money now while some are always on Nairaland lazying and looking for the next pastor to criticize, later in life they will look for those to blame for their poverty: either government or uncle. I have told myself, I have no reason to be poor and even if I am a pastor, it has not changed my conviction. Hate me as you can, its not my fault, I labour for it like some pastors do

Disclaimer: Please note that I am not saying there are no theifing men of God, but such people often return to poverty, karma catches up with them. And even if not, they will pay the ultimate price but it is not you that should judge a God's servant(Rom 14:4), no not in a public forum, bible is against it; it is not you that should join the camp of the accuser of the brethren (Rev 12:9-11)except you are working for the devil yourself

What are you saying... plus or minus
..deuce, secure, cancel in table tennis...

which one are you..pastor or disciple?

You are confused .....because the man has stolen your cheque book..... and
... your mind.

How can you contribute money to his profligacy?

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lanre Teriba Blasts Daddy Freeze, Backs Pastor Ashimolowo On Tithing / Apostle Johnson Suleman Speaks On The Attack On His Convoy (Video) / How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.