Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,390 members, 7,819,396 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Jonathan Supervises A Corrupt Govt, Says Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Supervises A Corrupt Govt, Says Amaechi (1873 Views)

Elections Must Be Cancelled In Rivers State, Says Amaechi / Tere Ikuru's Defection Shocked Me But He Is Free To Go, Says Amaechi / PDP Agent Supervises Underage Voting In The North (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Supervises A Corrupt Govt, Says Amaechi by etunoman76(m): 5:33am On Nov 24, 2014
Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State has said President Goodluck Jonathan “is supervising a highly corrupt government.”

He also claimed that “there is no democracy yet in Nigeria.”

The governor, who spoke in Abuja on Saturday, insisted that he had no personal quarrel with President Jonathan, adding that if governance could be separated from the President, he (Jonathan) “remains a good man.”

He, however, regretted that the President “is supervising a highly corrupt government.”

He described the form of government being practised in Nigeria today as diarchy.

While reacting to the invasion of the National Assembly by the police on Thursday, Amaechi described the action as uncivilised.

He said the actions of the police in recent times had shown that they had been pocketed by the Presidency and the ruling Peoples Democratic Party.

He said, “We don’t have democracy in Nigeria yet. What we have is diarchy. We don’t have a democracy. Diarchy is dictatorship. The Federal Government has appropriated the police as its personal property. The FG has taken over the police. See the way the police took over the National Assembly. By law, the police have no power to invade the National Assembly and they have no power to stop the Speaker from going in or out of the National Assembly complex. But they don’t obey law.”

He insisted that his party, the All Progressives Congress, would not go to court if the PDP decided to rig the 2015 presidential elections.

Instead of going to court, he said the APC would form a parallel government.

He said, “What is the essence of going to court when the Federal Government don’t obey the law. That’s why the APC say we won’t go to the court any longer. If you rig us out, we would rig ourselves in; which means if you think you can rig us out in 2015, we will form our own government. We have met on that and we have agreed on that. We will instal our own government and there would be two governments.

“The only way to avoid a parallel government is to have a free and fair election. You can’t continue to use the police as if it is a private agency or company of the government.”

While saying that the Police in South Africa is currently investigating President Jacob Zuma, he wondered if the police in Nigeria would be allowed to play such a role in the country.

“Are you aware that the President of the South Africa is being probed by the police? Can that happen here? In this country, they slap judges. Seven members of a state (Ekiti) House of Assembly claimed they have sacked a Speaker,” he added.

On Boko Haram, the governor said it would be difficult to convince Nigerians that the Federal Government was not deliberately allowing the crisis to continue in order for it to decimate the votes that would come from the North-East in 2015.

The zone is considered to be a stronghold of the APC.

Amaechi said Nigerians knew the capability of their soldiers, who he said went to Liberia and liberated the country from the hands of the rebels only for them to be having problems dislodging a rag-tag army of insurgents in the country.

He said, “The Federal Government deliberately allowed the Boko Haram to overrun many villages in the North-East. If it is not a political agenda, why would the military not be able to chase away the rag-tag army of Boko Haram?

“They don’t want elections to hold in the zone so that there wouldn’t be election in the zone. If there is no election in the North-East, they believe that the APC would lose.

“If they are not afraid of the APC, let them restore law and order. The zone is in the hands of the APC. Borno, Bauchi, Gombe, Adamawa and Yobe states are all APC states. The only state where it could be 50:50 is maybe Taraba State. Apart from this, other states in the zone have always voted for Maj.Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, one of our presidential hopefuls.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-supervises-a-corrupt-govt-says-amaechi/
Re: Jonathan Supervises A Corrupt Govt, Says Amaechi by Chemical2(m): 5:35am On Nov 24, 2014
Interesting! Is he just realizing that? I am not a fan of APC, but it is high time we kicked PDP out of government at the federal level and try other parties. PDP....Taking Nigeria backwards since 1999

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Supervises A Corrupt Govt, Says Amaechi by borntosave: 5:41am On Nov 24, 2014
Really grin
Re: Jonathan Supervises A Corrupt Govt, Says Amaechi by bigtt76(f): 5:48am On Nov 24, 2014
So he supervises a holy state shei? grin issorite

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Supervises A Corrupt Govt, Says Amaechi by Gboliwe: 5:49am On Nov 24, 2014
How does APC certify a free and fair election?

APC strongholds are also bokoharam's strongholds. #thankyouforremindingme

I still wonder what the primary duty of governors is to their states. I also wonder why the partial state of emergency since apparently it isn't working.

Wasn't it the court that retrieved his mandate? Was that wrong?
Re: Jonathan Supervises A Corrupt Govt, Says Amaechi by pweshex(m): 5:53am On Nov 24, 2014
Should I book Space? ....No
Re: Jonathan Supervises A Corrupt Govt, Says Amaechi by focus7: 5:57am On Nov 24, 2014
Amaechi ekun oko Jonathan. Jonathan must bow and beg Amaechi for forgiveness.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Supervises A Corrupt Govt, Says Amaechi by ratiken(m): 5:58am On Nov 24, 2014
Anyone who takes Amaechi seriously is as insane as Amaechi.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Supervises A Corrupt Govt, Says Amaechi by condralbede(m): 6:03am On Nov 24, 2014
This man shld allow his brain think for him before he talks, not his anus every time!spewing poo each passing day.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Supervises A Corrupt Govt, Says Amaechi by laurel03(m): 6:06am On Nov 24, 2014
D diff between APC & PDP is just d logo & GMB... Amaechi stealing since 1999.
Re: Jonathan Supervises A Corrupt Govt, Says Amaechi by shakur4luv(m): 6:08am On Nov 24, 2014
this mata no concern me lemme jejely join the space bookers .......
Re: Jonathan Supervises A Corrupt Govt, Says Amaechi by hardywaltz(m): 6:09am On Nov 24, 2014
That's our man.
Amaechi na u we know
Tell them the truth...

Still baffles me how a rag tag group of few men can over power a full blown military
Or how the military can claim that BH has more weapons than them when all BH weapons are stolen from the Nigerian Military..

Since GEJ likes factionalization it's time for him to see the full blown effect of his always keeping quite when things go wrong on a National level e.g not calling Fayose and his 7 man assembly to order.

The best constitutional ammendment will be to make the office of the Attorney General of the Federation a non partisan office by having the council of state appoint them so as to be able to advise the government appropriately.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Supervises A Corrupt Govt, Says Amaechi by Truckpusher(m): 6:10am On Nov 24, 2014
This shameless drug addict called Amaechi keeps displaying his grand ignorance thinking he's making sense.

Let him come and explain to us how he's been spending our money and not all these blah blah blah he keeps saying over a plate of porridge promised to him by his terrorist masters in the North.

Amaechi the ungrateful dog barking over nothing for the past 8yrs.
Re: Jonathan Supervises A Corrupt Govt, Says Amaechi by focus7: 6:12am On Nov 24, 2014
ratiken:
Anyone who takes Amaechi seriously is as insane as Amaechi.
you the very insane that you still do not know that Jonathan is corruption in human form.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Supervises A Corrupt Govt, Says Amaechi by Bekwarra(m): 6:14am On Nov 24, 2014
Please what is Amaeshit? Is it a type of tissue paper? We students here at the University of Lyon don't know him.
Re: Jonathan Supervises A Corrupt Govt, Says Amaechi by focus7: 6:17am On Nov 24, 2014
laurel03:
I diagree with you. Knowing Jonathan intolerant to the opposition, he wouldn't waist his time instituting a case against Amaechi if indeed is corrupt, and Amaechi will not have dared to attack Jonathan the way he's doing.
Re: Jonathan Supervises A Corrupt Govt, Says Amaechi by jodeci(m): 6:23am On Nov 24, 2014
focus7:
I diagree with you. Knowing Jonathan intolerant of the opposition, he wouldn't waist his time instituting a case against Amaechi if indeed is corrupt, and Amaechi will not have dared to attack Jonathan the way he's doing.

GEJ intolerant of opposition? Tell that to the marines,concoted lies will give u but a temporary win.
Re: Jonathan Supervises A Corrupt Govt, Says Amaechi by egift(m): 6:24am On Nov 24, 2014
One you can agree with Gov. Amaechi is that he will never be intimidated. And for those who think that threatening him will get get him to go suck-up like some TANmites are wasting their energy.
Re: Jonathan Supervises A Corrupt Govt, Says Amaechi by focus7: 6:29am On Nov 24, 2014
condralbede:
This man shld allow his brain think for him before he talks, not his anus every time!spewing poo each passing day.
guy I think u need to visit yaba left to have poo flush out of ur own brain if still can't see reasons with the points Amaechi is making. If jonathan has 1/4 of Amaechi's brain he will be a better ruler than he is now.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Supervises A Corrupt Govt, Says Amaechi by focus7: 6:32am On Nov 24, 2014
jodeci:

GEJ intolerant of opposition? Tell that to the marines,concoted lies will give u but a temporary win.
well am sorry I can't help u since your bias will not let u see the reality.
Re: Jonathan Supervises A Corrupt Govt, Says Amaechi by condralbede(m): 6:36am On Nov 24, 2014
focus7:
guy I think u need to visit yaba left to have poo flush out of ur own brain of still can see reasons with the points Amaechi is making. If jonathan has 1/4 of Amaechi's brain he will be a better ruler than he is now.
Ok...so its at Yaba left you got urs flushed Anyways you still need to go back, because I can still sense some remnants on urs still.or maybe you hv stopped taking ur drugs,remember is not good for u.
Re: Jonathan Supervises A Corrupt Govt, Says Amaechi by Ayus34(m): 6:43am On Nov 24, 2014
Gboliwe:
How does APC certify a free and fair election?

APC strongholds are also bokoharam's strongholds. #thankyouforremindingme

I still wonder what the primary duty of governors is to their states. I also wonder why the partial state of emergency since apparently it isn't working.

Wasn't it the court that retrieved his mandate? Was that wrong?
the court retrieved his mandate not under GEJ regime!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Supervises A Corrupt Govt, Says Amaechi by mrvitalis(m): 6:53am On Nov 24, 2014
from this ameachi / jonathan ...issue...
....there is only one fact i know
...ameachi is a better administrator than jonathan
...thats a fact

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Supervises A Corrupt Govt, Says Amaechi by Dracula27: 7:03am On Nov 24, 2014
Let's say we want to agree with Ameachi, who decides if APC was rigged out or not ? By his measure it would be APC that would do that. You cannot be a judge in your own case.

We also know that everybody that losses an election in Nigeria from the least to the highest office always goes to court claiming they were rigged out.

So in essence Ameachi is saying that next year if his party losses they would cause great chaos all over the country.
Re: Jonathan Supervises A Corrupt Govt, Says Amaechi by chamboy(m): 7:33am On Nov 24, 2014
laurel03:
u stamped it my bro
Re: Jonathan Supervises A Corrupt Govt, Says Amaechi by focus7: 7:36am On Nov 24, 2014
condralbede:
Ok...so its at Yaba left you got urs flushed Anyways you still need to go back, because I can still sense some remnants on urs still.or maybe you hv stopped taking ur drugs,remember is not good for u.
Just tell your boss to respect Amaechi.
Re: Jonathan Supervises A Corrupt Govt, Says Amaechi by okiezman(m): 8:07am On Nov 24, 2014
Since amaechi joined apc he's become a saint. Errybody is politics is corrupt he should just accept that and stop all this crusade of making himself holy.
Re: Jonathan Supervises A Corrupt Govt, Says Amaechi by kendrick93(m): 8:09am On Nov 24, 2014
mrvitalis:
from this ameachi / jonathan ...issue...
....there is only one fact i know
...ameachi is a better administrator than jonathan
...thats a fact
says who? pls sit down joor

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Supervises A Corrupt Govt, Says Amaechi by okiezman(m): 8:11am On Nov 24, 2014
focus7:
you the very insane that you still do not know that Jonathan is corruption in human form.
if you they criticise na small small cos you no holy my brother. Politicians are all thieves.
Re: Jonathan Supervises A Corrupt Govt, Says Amaechi by bamosagie(m): 8:16am On Nov 24, 2014
Bekwarra:
Please what is Amaeshit? Is it a type of tissue paper? We students here at the University of Lyon don't know him.

Amaechi is a man who abandon a plate of fried rice in pursuit of a promised plate of porridge!
Re: Jonathan Supervises A Corrupt Govt, Says Amaechi by LagosBoi2(m): 8:44am On Nov 24, 2014
I respect this guy more when Jonathan is now showing his true colors to the opposition, I now appreciate Amechi more remembering how he stood against the zoo man and his wife and he is still there, He is indeed a wise and a strong man.
Re: Jonathan Supervises A Corrupt Govt, Says Amaechi by jayonpoint(m): 9:24am On Nov 24, 2014
egift:
One you can agree with Gov. Amaechi is that he will never be intimidated. And for those who think that threatening him will get get him to go suck-up like some TANmites are wasting their energy.
U're correct my broda. I hv said dis b4 on boko haram dat FG is committing crimes against humanity in these states under emergency rule. D escalation n deliberate allowed of boko hara invasion of d states is a Clare case of genocide by proxy under Jonathan's watch. Wat I fear is, dis act is only setting precedent for future revenge n I can tell u many northerns today nw realize dis pawn game of chess by d Jonathan govt.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why I Think Atiku Will Win APC Presidential Primary / Opinion: Reasons Why Terrorism Lingers In The North. / Angry War Criminal, Gowon, Wished Ojukwu Took Otapiapia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.