Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,029 members, 7,818,038 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Stephanie Linus Addresses molest Allegation Against Relative. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Stephanie Linus Addresses molest Allegation Against Relative. (1500 Views)

Stephanie Linus Receives Her AMVCA Car Prize For Best Movie Awards(photos) / Stephanie Linus' Son Poses With Her AMVCA Award (Photo) / Nigerian Celebrities at Stephanie Linus' "Dry" Movie Premiere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stephanie Linus Addresses molest Allegation Against Relative. by Ameerasexy(f): 8:02am On Nov 24, 2014
“Rape is Rape, Regardless of Who the Face of the Accused is” – Actress Stephanie Linus 

I am distraught and devastated to hear of the recent allegation of rape brought against a relative of mine,Daniel Okereke (my brother).

While it is a very difficult time for me, and my family; I feel the need to make clear my position, lest there be any doubt. Rape is rape, regardless of who the face of the accused is.

Indeed, the irony is not lost on me. I have spent my lifelong career
advocating and living my conviction that women around the world should be able to live free of violence, sexual harassment or any form of abuse against their persons. This conviction led me to be involved in numerous initiatives combating violence against women in several countries including the U.S, Liberia and Sierra Leone.

The conviction also led me to place much of my energy on my work with Vesico Vaginal Fistula (VVF), a passion that dates back to my time at the University of Calabar.

As a student, I heard a story about young girls who had been forced into early marriage and were suffering the negative and embarrassing effects of VVF. The story stayed in my consciousness and drove me, for years, to seek ways to raise awareness on the condition; leading to my work with a team of dedicated doctors to carry out repair surgeries for VVF victims across the country; and my self-produced, soon to be released movie, ‘DRY.’

So, again, it is indeed heart breaking for me to receive and deal with news alleging a family member of mine is an alleged perpetrator of sexual violence against a woman. I am devastated.

This case is now in Nigeria’s criminal justice system as the accused awaits arraignment. I have also encouraged and assured the alleged victim of my stance against rape and applaud her for her bravery to upset the culture of silence, in Nigeria; even as I accord deference and patiently wait for the criminal justice system to determine the guilt or innocence of my brother.

For Nigerian press and blogs; I call on you to please report this case in an ethical manner. I am a married woman living my life. The alleged transgression of my relative does not make it mine. The focus should be the impact of rape on the alleged victim,and resources for other alleged victims, not me.

Some members of the press and blogs have turned me into the accused; using my name for sensational headlines and putting my images, exclusively, in their stories. This is a form of Victimization of me as a woman, it is unethical and extremely hurtful. I am not the alleged accused. 

I therefore please ask all Bloggers and the media who have placed my pictures and name to this story to refrain from further using me to sensationalise this story. 
I thank my fans, and all well-wishers for your continued support and ask for your continued prayers.

God bless.

Stephanie Linus
LAGOS,Nigeria (November 24, 2014)  

Read More Here:
http://www.stelladimokokorkus.com/2014/11/stephanie-linus-addresses-rape.html?m=1

Re: Stephanie Linus Addresses molest Allegation Against Relative. by Nobody: 8:20am On Nov 24, 2014
Beautiful woman!

1 Like

Re: Stephanie Linus Addresses molest Allegation Against Relative. by RColours: 8:50am On Nov 24, 2014
If this was a positive news now, she wouldn't mind the attention thrown at her and the entire family. It's a two way thing. You enjoy both the positive and negative coverage, madam. It's the price we pay for being part of a family. Mrs Steph, it is inevitable that your entire family would be dragged into this mess.

If all the further allegations of rape from other victims against this same man, as reported on LIB are remotely true, then I can rightfully insist the family, to an extent, know about his monstrous ways and did nothing about it. A woman actually came out to say she was raped at the tender age of 11 by this man when they were neighbors.
It is just disgusting.

Enjoy the limelight again, ma. No hard feelings.

1 Like

Re: Stephanie Linus Addresses molest Allegation Against Relative. by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 24, 2014
crazy
Re: Stephanie Linus Addresses molest Allegation Against Relative. by fruityjojo(f): 9:28am On Nov 24, 2014
RColours:
If this was a positive news now, she wouldn't mind the attention thrown at her and the entire family. It's a two way thing. You enjoy both the positive and negative coverage, madam. It's the price we pay for being part of a family. Mrs Steph, it is inevitable that your entire family would be dragged into this mess.

If all the further allegations of rape from other victims against this same man, as reported on LIB are remotely true, then I can rightfully insist the family, to an extent, know about his monstrous ways and did nothing about it. A woman actually came out to say she was raped at the tender age of 11 by this man when they were neighbors.
It is just disgusting.

This your long post is kinda confusing. Obviously you didn't read the article and her view abt what her brother did cos your post no just follow
Re: Stephanie Linus Addresses molest Allegation Against Relative. by RColours: 10:29am On Nov 24, 2014
fruityjojo:

This your long post is kinda confusing. Obviously you didn't read the article and her view abt what her brother did cos your post no just follow

She should not complain about her name being mentioned or her pictures being used.

1 Like

Re: Stephanie Linus Addresses molest Allegation Against Relative. by veave(f): 10:47am On Nov 24, 2014
RColours:

It is just disgusting.

Ogamadam. Dont be quick to throw stones into the market place. Who knows, your mother might be in there. While you gloat in anothers' misery, your dont know how soon it will get to your turn.
Re: Stephanie Linus Addresses molest Allegation Against Relative. by Kunleskey(m): 1:09pm On Nov 24, 2014
True talk....is she talking from experience?
Re: Stephanie Linus Addresses molest Allegation Against Relative. by tpia6: 1:38pm On Nov 24, 2014
Nobody heard before she mentioned it though.
Re: Stephanie Linus Addresses molest Allegation Against Relative. by RColours: 2:55pm On Nov 24, 2014
veave:

Ogamadam. Dont be quick to throw stones into the market place. Who knows, your mother might be in there. While you gloat in anothers' misery, your dont know how soon it will get to your turn.

Ma'am, have you ever been a victim of rape? Perhaps, not you, but a sibling? A friend, a neighbor, a cousin, maybe?
If none of these, have you at least, ever put yourself in their shoes, the victims, that is?

You have absolutely no right to taunt me by saying I gloat in their misery. They can as well die in it, whoever they are. I wouldn't care less.
Those I care about are the victims.
Please, do shut your mouth next time, or better still, do not quote me.
Re: Stephanie Linus Addresses molest Allegation Against Relative. by veave(f): 6:31pm On Nov 24, 2014
RColours:

Ma'am, have you ever been a victim of rape? Perhaps, not you, but a sibling? A friend, a neighbor, a cousin, maybe?
If none of these, have you at least, ever put yourself in their shoes, the victims, that is?

You have absolutely no right to taunt me by saying I gloat in their misery. They can as well die in it, whoever they are. I wouldn't care less.
Those I care about are the victims.
Please, do shut your mouth next time, or better still, do not quote me.

I just quoted you. Now jump over the moon. Or better still, go and hug the transformer on your street. She asked her brother to rape the ladies i guess, thats why her name should be dragged and dragged. So it is now her fault to be born of same parents with the modafoka abi? So we should throw the baby away with the bathing water? Please go and sleep if you dont have anything to say. If you were one of the victims, you can come out and say it lets start from there. Just leave the poor girl out of it abeg.

(1) (Reply)

BBA Hotshot Tayo Faniran Gets Mobbed By Fans At Lagos Airport...see Photos / Tonto Dike Gets Her Pets Tattooed On Her Shoulder / Oba Of Lagos Threatens Igbos -you Will All Die Within 7 Days If You Don't Ambode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.