Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,829 members, 7,828,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

President Jonathan Replies Ex-president Obasanjo: I'm Nigeria's Best Leader Ever - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Replies Ex-president Obasanjo: I'm Nigeria's Best Leader Ever (586 Views)

Ex-president Jonathan Replies Buhari / Buhari Is The Tallest Nigerian Leader Ever: Photo / Why Can't Jonathan ARREST And LOCK UP Obasanjo? I'm Losing My Patience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan Replies Ex-president Obasanjo: I'm Nigeria's Best Leader Ever by nigerianewsbeat(m): 9:11am On Nov 24, 2014
President Goodluck Jonathan has described himself as the
best leader to be produced by Nigeria.

The President said no leader since the country gained
independence in 1960 had done better than himself for
the country.

He, therefore, said the comment made by former
President Olusegun Obasanjo, in which the ex-President
described Jonathan’s performance as below average, was
untrue.

Jonathan said this in a statement by his Special Assistant
on Public Affairs, Dr. Doyin Okupe, in Abuja on Sunday.

Okupe’s statement read, “Our attention has been drawn to
comments made by a former President of this country,
Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, regarding the performance of
the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan.

“Obasanjo had at an event over the weekend declared that
he rated the President Goodluck Jonathan administration
‘below average’.

“We aver that Obasanjo’s comments are untrue,
misleading and clearly do not tally with the facts on the
ground.

“We therefore wish to assert without equivocation that in
terms of performance and achievements, no
administration since 1960 when Nigeria gained
independence from Britain, has done as much as that of
President Jonathan.”

He said that every discerning and unbiased Nigerian
would definitely attest to this “as the evidence stare all of
us in the face.”

Okupe, who had also worked with the former President
while in office, added that contrary to Obasanjo’s position,
the Federal Government under Jonathan had performed
excellently given the prevailing circumstances and
resources available to it.

He said while it was true that Nigeria had been faced with
incidents of insurgency and terrorism, especially in the
last few years, the Jonathan administration had
successfully contained the initial widespread activities of
the insurgents, which he said were prevalent in 12 states
of the North, including the Federal Capital Territory.

Visit us: http://mynewsbeat..com and get more hot gists making waves.

Thanks!!!
Re: President Jonathan Replies Ex-president Obasanjo: I'm Nigeria's Best Leader Ever by holatin(m): 11:00am On Nov 24, 2014
God forbid me to believe that
Re: President Jonathan Replies Ex-president Obasanjo: I'm Nigeria's Best Leader Ever by sagitarius(m): 1:35pm On Nov 24, 2014
Keep quiet Joor, best leader indeed. U should be ashamed of yourself. Don't know if encouraging corruption, high level of insecurity, no power supply, infrastructural decay, poverty and many more counts as being a good leader. U can't even manage a Zoo
Re: President Jonathan Replies Ex-president Obasanjo: I'm Nigeria's Best Leader Ever by dmozart: 1:37pm On Nov 24, 2014
Re: President Jonathan Replies Ex-president Obasanjo: I'm Nigeria's Best Leader Ever by citizenY(m): 1:44pm On Nov 24, 2014
It is very interesting that Doyin uses "WE''. To that extent, Jonah is yet to comment on the issue.
Re: President Jonathan Replies Ex-president Obasanjo: I'm Nigeria's Best Leader Ever by nigerianewsbeat(m): 1:48pm On Nov 24, 2014
citizenY:
It is very interesting that Doyin uses "WE''. To that extent, Jonah is yet to comment on the issue.

Hahahahahahahahha. Interesting observation

(1) (Reply)

Suspected Boko Haram Insurgents Bomb Ekiti Prisons, Kill Official, Free Inmates / Ali Modu Sheriff, In Secret Visit The Arms-laden Plane Detained In Kano / Ekweremadu, Nnaji Pick PDP Ticket For 2015 Senatorial Election In Enugu State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.