Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,610 members, 7,809,234 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

Make Healthy Sperm, Naturally - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Make Healthy Sperm, Naturally (71088 Views)

6 Ways Many Men Are Unknowingly Killing Their Sperm / How To Avoid Pregnancy Naturally / The Secret To Healthy Sperm- A Must Read. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Make Healthy Sperm, Naturally by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 25, 2014
Nice, let me go and tell my husband this, smiley so that he can give me triplets cool smiley grin
Re: Make Healthy Sperm, Naturally by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 25, 2014
OMG! I'm too saintly for this thread and the ladies are watching. embarassed *facepalm*

2 Likes

Re: Make Healthy Sperm, Naturally by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 25, 2014
Adesiji77:
Being manly obviously goes beyond the ability to get and sustain erection. Rather, a man’s ability to generate healthy sperm that will fertilise healthy egg in the female is necessary for procreation.

Yet, fertility experts maintain that it’s not every man that could make a woman pregnant. Gynaecologist and Medical Director of Nordica Fertility Centre, Dr. Abayomi Ajayi, says male infertility can be defined as one or more abnormalities in a semen analysis; adding that thick semen and healthy sperm are crucial when it comes to achieving pregnancy.

Before now, whenever couples found it hard to achieve pregnancy, all eyes turned to the wife simply because a man’s fertility finds expression in his wife. Indeed, most men would rather “try” their luck with another woman, instead of undergoing medical examinations to determine if there’s anything wrong with their bodies such that they’re unable to fertilise their wives’ eggs.

Dr. Sunny Abarikwu of the Department of Chemical Sciences, Redeemer’s University, Ogun State, notes that in recent times, there has been a decline in the semen quality of young healthy men worldwide, with similar findings being reported in Nigeria.

Abarikwu says, “Although little is known about what is responsible for the decline in male sperm count worldwide, significant associations have been reported between impaired semen quality, including sperm count, motility as well as morphology and exposures to heavy metals such as cadmium and lead, mycotoxins such as aflatoxins, pesticides, industrial chemicals and endocrine factors.”

He adds, “In Nigeria, the problem is further compounded by a variety of factors such as sexually transmitted infections, genito-urinary tract infections/inflammations and deficiencies of dietary antioxidant nutrients, thereby increasing male-factor contribution to infertility in the population.”

He notes that in Nigeria, the male factor is responsible for primary causes of couple infertility by about 35 per cent.

Physicians advise couples who are trying to conceive to seek expert help as soon as possible. Fertility experts say if both of you are over the age of 35, you should seek expert help six months after you have been having unprotected sex; while you may wait for one year if both of you are under the age of 35.

Diet for sperm health

The adage, “You are what you eat,” is apt in every aspect of life, including getting and sustaining semen health. Nutritionists are saying that food plays important role in keeping your semen healthy.

Nutritionist, Dr. Simeon Oladimeji, says since only a healthy sperm can make a woman pregnant, the quantity, quality and ability of your sperm to move swiftly (motility) will determine whether or not you will be a father. This being the case, he advises men to be watchful of their diet at all times, especially where they have challenges in the area of making their spouse pregnant.

“In addition to other factors, nutritional deficiencies can give you low sperm count, resulting in thin and watery semen. However, a man can have thick and healthy sperm through a healthy dietary habit,” the nutritionist says.

What foods can sustain your sperm health? These ones…

Antioxidants-rich foods

Experts say foods rich in antioxidants can improve sperm quality, because they are capable of decreasing the number of free radicals that usually cause cell membrane damage. Indeed, clinical studies indicate that men who eat diets low in antioxidants are more likely to have poor-quality sperm.

As such, eat foods such as beans, apples, lettuce, carrots, and walnuts – which are the highest in plant omega-3s; as well as dark green vegetables that are rich in vitamins C, E, and A; and calcium; while they’re also loaded with magnesium and potassium.

B vitamin-rich foods

Oladimeji says folate is an integral part of vitamin B9, and it is important for men to eat foods rich in folate if they want to make healthy sperm, because it is a naturally occurring form of folic acid .

“There’s a small amount of evidence linking a diet rich in this vitamin to higher sperm count. While a man doesn’t have to take folic acid supplement, he could make do with plenty of folate-rich foods such as green vegetables like spinach, and foods such as pulses, potatoes, oranges, bananas, pawpaw, beans, avocado, okro, avocado, corn, carrots, etc.”

Drink tea

Oladimeji says tea is good for sperm health. “With one sip of tea, you get two potent phytochemicals – anthocyanin and pro anthocyanin, which are antioxidants that help fight inflammation.

Too long! Haba!
Re: Make Healthy Sperm, Naturally by youngde1805: 1:55pm On Nov 25, 2014
nice 1
Re: Make Healthy Sperm, Naturally by hobermener: 1:56pm On Nov 25, 2014
papiforreal:

hhhhhhha. Bros hight population is never a bad thing. Example-china ans us.
A population that only serves as a tool for achieving atrocious political ends is far worse than useless
Re: Make Healthy Sperm, Naturally by samseen02(m): 1:56pm On Nov 25, 2014
My father started with this alcohol of a thin yet he gave birth to 4 healthy sons my eldest took over and now i'm d 3rd and also gave birth to a healthy baby boy (so alcohol in my own case is nothin). But if u no strong no take am oo! All these fruits/foods is what have been eating as my best and never knew they were of very important to my sperm. #still_sipping_Alomo Bitters_now
Re: Make Healthy Sperm, Naturally by eleko1: 1:57pm On Nov 25, 2014
Good for U.beta to kip u away from being a randy/free distributor
papiforreal:
My peniis was stolen by ritualist many years ago, so this has nothing to do with me.
Re: Make Healthy Sperm, Naturally by spiro4real(f): 2:01pm On Nov 25, 2014
Bookmarked!
Re: Make Healthy Sperm, Naturally by eleko1: 2:02pm On Nov 25, 2014
What a good family tree?When yo son grow up,him too go shack?#Alcohol dey ruin body ooooooooo#
samseen02:
My father started with this alcohol of a thin yet.he gave birth to 4 healthy sons my eldest took over and now i'm d 3rd and also gave birth to a healthy baby boy (so alcohol in my own case is nothin). But if u no strong no take am oo! All these fruits/foods is what have been eating as my best and never knew they are of very important to my sperm. #still_sipping_Alomo Bitters_now
Re: Make Healthy Sperm, Naturally by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 25, 2014
papiforreal:
My peniis was stolen by ritualist many years ago, so this has nothing to do with me.
artificial dey market
Re: Make Healthy Sperm, Naturally by Joshuadon: 2:04pm On Nov 25, 2014
Noted
Re: Make Healthy Sperm, Naturally by eleko1: 2:05pm On Nov 25, 2014
D cheesy grin gringrin grin
Ask4bigneyo:
Ur craziness works with 3G
Re: Make Healthy Sperm, Naturally by Nobody: 2:07pm On Nov 25, 2014
chronique:
Nice article but I really don't like beans.

Nb: I noticed there are lots of ladies viewing this thread;abeg,na wetin una find reach here? Abi una self done dey produce sperm?
wetin dem go drink grin
Re: Make Healthy Sperm, Naturally by eleko1: 2:09pm On Nov 25, 2014
grin angry angry sadgrin sadSnap and post am make we see or remain dumb
papiforreal:

yessso. Many years back.
Re: Make Healthy Sperm, Naturally by samseen02(m): 2:09pm On Nov 25, 2014
eleko1:
What a good family tree?When yo son grow up,him too go shack?#Alcohol dey ruin body ooooooooo#
says who? If your body no fit take am avoid am. My own b say i dey take am moderate
Re: Make Healthy Sperm, Naturally by html14java(f): 2:10pm On Nov 25, 2014
jotax:

Why did u open this thread? Wetin concern u and sperm?? Smh

grin grin grin grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed tongue
Re: Make Healthy Sperm, Naturally by 100Cents: 2:11pm On Nov 25, 2014
I strongly believe in eating good food daily.

So sperm production or not, bobo suppose chop beta food.. In fact lack of good food is equal to sickness..

1 Like

Re: Make Healthy Sperm, Naturally by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 25, 2014
Mrkuvuki:
Una don hear bah?
SUMMARY-
EAT foods such as beans, apples, lettuce, carrots, and walnuts – which are the highest in plant omega-3s; as well as dark green vegetables that are rich in vitamins C, E, and A; and calcium; while they’re also loaded with magnesium and potassium. B vitamin-rich foods

EAT folate-rich foods such as green vegetables like spinach, and foods such as pulses, potatoes, oranges, bananas, pawpaw, beans, avocado, okro, avocado, corn, carrots, etc.”

EAT zinc, selenium-rich foods Foods such as sardine, mutton, egg, chicken, oats and onion are sources of selenium; while pork meat, beef, yoghurt and cashew are sources of zinc,

DriNK tea “With one sip of tea, you get two potent phytochemicals – anthocyanin and pro anthocyanin, which are antioxidants that help fight inflammation. “Green tea, in particular, contributes many other protective phytochemicals.

AVOID ALCOHOL-In men, excessive long-term alcohol consumption can result in testosterone deficiency and shrink the testicles. This can lead to impotence, sterility, growth of bosoms, loss of facial and body hair, and growth around the hips.”

“Alcohol affects the way the liver functions and it ultimately disturbs hormonal levels by affecting the way your body produces sperm. “This is how it works: Vitamin A is needed for sperm to develop, but alcohol can damage the quality, structure and movement of sperm by stopping the liver from properly metabolising this vitamin.
Who send you?
#oversabi
Re: Make Healthy Sperm, Naturally by amichaelz101(m): 2:14pm On Nov 25, 2014
Na Origin Bitters Sure Pass wink
Re: Make Healthy Sperm, Naturally by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 25, 2014
masturbators wet dey usr Vaseline everyday una dey hear embarassed
Re: Make Healthy Sperm, Naturally by Myself2(m): 2:15pm On Nov 25, 2014
Adesiji77:

So, for the sake of your sperm health,

Eat zinc,

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Adesiji77:

Foods such as sardine, mutton, egg, chicken, oats and onion are sources of selenium; while pork meat, beef, yoghurt and cashew are sources of zinc, and they are essential for sperm health

grin grin grin grin grin grin

JUST KIDDING,GUYS
Re: Make Healthy Sperm, Naturally by eleko1: 2:16pm On Nov 25, 2014
Issorite ooooooooo,may we not see a situation wey persin go come here and beg for alms to correct one malfunction kidney or whatever caused by excessive drinking of alcohol/smoking ciga.#I nor wish U evil oooo#
samseen02:
says who? If your body no fit take am avoid am. My own b say i dey take am moderate

1 Like

Re: Make Healthy Sperm, Naturally by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 25, 2014
eleko1:
grin angry angry sadgrin sadSnap and post am make we see or remain dumb

hahha... I no fit post my private part
Re: Make Healthy Sperm, Naturally by holatin(m): 2:17pm On Nov 25, 2014
drinking starch help too.
it works for me
Re: Make Healthy Sperm, Naturally by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 25, 2014
Jarizod:
artificial dey market

d tin is no detaachable now.
Re: Make Healthy Sperm, Naturally by killercute16(m): 2:19pm On Nov 25, 2014
iceberylin:
Make my signature possible plccc.. sad
even if all the nairalanders do it,it wont still be upto that.
Re: Make Healthy Sperm, Naturally by Ishilove: 2:19pm On Nov 25, 2014
chronique:
I understand. You guys are taking lessons just incase mr oga goes low on the supply...
Your head dey there grin
Re: Make Healthy Sperm, Naturally by eleko1: 2:21pm On Nov 25, 2014
Then d guy wey talk say yo craziness work with 3g correct.Stop wishing yoself evil.
papiforreal:

hahha... I no fit post my private part
Re: Make Healthy Sperm, Naturally by samseen02(m): 2:22pm On Nov 25, 2014
eleko1:
Issorite ooooooooo,may we not see a situation wey persin go come here and beg for alms to correct one malfunction kidney or whatever caused by excessive drinking of alcohol/ciga.#I nor wish U evil oooo#
if dats d case 2/3 of Nigerian population should be seraching for kidney woteva. Can't u understand excessive of it can damge body system (wic i no fit take). And wu tell u say i dey smoke (na plague to me). And your doctor neva tell u say body even need little content of alcohol?
Re: Make Healthy Sperm, Naturally by Ensquare(m): 2:22pm On Nov 25, 2014
I dont need those food to avoid problem..
Re: Make Healthy Sperm, Naturally by samseen02(m): 2:22pm On Nov 25, 2014
eleko1:
Issorite ooooooooo,may we not see a situation wey persin go come here and beg for alms to correct one malfunction kidney or whatever caused by excessive drinking of alcohol/ciga.#I nor wish U evil oooo#
if dats d case 2/3 of Nigerian population should be seraching for kidney woteva. Can't u understand excessive of it can damge body system (wic i no fit take). And wu tell u say i dey smoke (na plague to me). And your doctor neva tell u say body even need little amount of alcohol?
Re: Make Healthy Sperm, Naturally by twinskenny(m): 2:22pm On Nov 25, 2014
missberrypop5:
Nice, let me go and tell my husband this, smiley so that he can give me triplets cool smiley grin
you married Miss??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Total And Complete Cure For Stapylococcus Aureus. / Help, My Newborn Has This Skin Problem / 35 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 442, 152 Discharged,13 deaths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.