Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,930 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 - Jobs/Vacancies (162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 (742853 Views)

Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 / Schlumberger/mi Swaco Aptitude Test On 6/6/2014. Let's Meet Here! / Nnpc Aptitude And Knowledge Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (195) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by awesomeb1783(m): 1:41pm On Apr 15, 2015
This is a very technical explanation. Thank u for the clarification
babacha:

If u use ur hand to spin water that is inside bucket, u will observe that the water will move away from the center of the bucket to the edge creating a vacuum at the center. That is what centrifugal pump does, the empeller spin the fluid and a vacuum is created at the center of the empeller for more fluid to come in. That is why u have ur suction at the center of the empeller.
From simple harmonic motion, the velocity of object in circular part is usually tangential to the circumference, that is why the discharge is always tangential to a particular point on the circumference of the empeller.

Draw a circle, draw a tangential Line to any point on the circumference of the circle, from the point of tangent, draw a line to the center of the circle. Ur 90 degree will appear. The tangential line is the discharge and the center of ur circle is the suction.
Hope is clear?
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Threemg: 3:40pm On Apr 15, 2015
babacha:

Let me tell u how the fuel or diesel move in 4 stroke engine

From the tank, the fuel move along the hose to the primary fuel filter, from the primary it move to the secondary fuel filter (if the engine has two fuel filter), from the fuel filter to the injector pump, from injector pump to nozzle, from nozzle to combustion chember,.
If air should enter ur fuel line, ur fuel pump will not work effectivly and ur engine will go off. That is why mechanic bleed the fuel line to remove any air trap.
So fuel and air no dey mix with 4 stroke engine before they enter the chember

My guy I be Electrical Engineer but with this one u just analytically explained I give it to u, O bobs u r too much, I throwaway salute. I believe u pieces ( I got that explanation above through one of our company's mechanic on the Wireline Logging Unit)
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by omodave(m): 3:54pm On Apr 15, 2015
Greetings cheesy
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by babacha: 4:26pm On Apr 15, 2015
GeneralSnipper:

Oga! Get it clear, there are four stroke petrol engines that use carburetor. Look for an old Peugeot 504 engine and you'll see it. We are all here to learn bro..........

I can see you have some good mechanical knowledge, nice one. Here are some questions for your attention

1.) If an engine is not designed to be water cooled (i.e. no radiator) what other means can be used to cool it? Explain the principle behind it.

2.) Why does a two stroke engine generates more smoke than a four stroke engine?

3.) A pump comes alive when powered on but it's not pumping, what could be the problem?

We no dey challeng ourselves, we are sharing idea, throw ur question to the house not me, but let me answer ur questions.
1, Engine are iether cool with liquid or air, if there is no radiator, u use air. But there is a major disadvantage. Air has a low heat density so if the speed of ur air is low, it can only carry a small mass of heat.

2, 2 stroke engine smoke more because they burn oil. Mind u, 4 stroke engine can also produce excess smoke if the piston ring is bad. To add more, these are what causes engine to smoke
Black smoke- if ur air/fuel ratio is imbalance, ie too much fuel in the combustion chember or less air in the chember
White smoke-incomplete combustion
Blue smoke-ur engine is burning oil, ie ur piston ring is bad and oil is entering the combustion chemberl

3 a pump can be runing but not pumping due to any of the following
1, If the suction pipe is not completly filled with liquid
2, If air is leaking into the suction pipe
3, If air is leaking into the pump
4, If ur foot valve is blucked
5, If ur suction pipe is not fully submerged
6, If ur empeller is mounted wrongly
7, If ur pump is not prime
8 etc
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by engrjoe(m): 4:26pm On Apr 15, 2015
gbonsquare:

Oga u tried but you should have given detailed explaination of fractional distillation and d fractions obtained with d temp at which they distilled off to make it impressive.From d questions u were asked i guess u are a chemical/process Engr...Thanks bro.

Well I knw after my answers I never really got a negative looks to dem except for when I was asked to tell dem abt refinery which I was fast abt and trying to drag in NPDC too. I had OND mech Engr as at dat time and HV worked as an industrial trainee for 3months wit WRPC and one year wit NPDC hence d later was fresher in my head Dan d former.

Though I still remember Dis bt lemme hear from field guys here.
Explain d process of using a centrifuge to carry out BS & W test. And its formular. Thanks

#AmEnjoyingThisRoom
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Caucasian: 5:33pm On Apr 15, 2015
uyosolo:
@caucasian,r u fightin against flesh nd blood or principalities nd power? U seriously nid help!!! Ur village ppl hv troubled u too much
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Caucasian: 5:37pm On Apr 15, 2015
What ? ? shocked shocked shocked three against one ?? Well, i am more than equal to the task. But u sounded very funny with your AKWA IBOM accent. cheesy cheesy try something else.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Nobody: 6:34pm On Apr 15, 2015
and why is firing order of a vehicle arranged alternatively eg 1.3.4.2 and not serially eg 1.2.3.4 once ask dis question an interview..was jus swept of my feet,
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by SoftlyZ: 6:39pm On Apr 15, 2015
Guys, please a little help here. What subsidiary would a GT Public Administration fit into?
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by uyosolo: 7:58pm On Apr 15, 2015
Caucasian:
What ? ? shocked shocked shocked three against one ?? Well, i am more than equal to the task. But u sounded very funny with your AKWA IBOM accent. cheesy cheesy try something else.
mbok!!! yakmaiiii... Who release dis one 4rm cage...u nid to be tied up&beaten,to drive all doz evil spirits in u...so dat u wunt end up in 14yrs jail,bcs of d type of job u r lukin 4
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Pinkieblue(f): 8:09pm On Apr 15, 2015
Please any geography and remote sensing graduate in the house
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by tunziepro(f): 8:15pm On Apr 15, 2015
Pls everyone, what subsidiary will a Microbiologist fit into
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Caucasian: 9:07pm On Apr 15, 2015
uyosolo:

mbok!!! yakmaiiii... Who release dis one 4rm cage...u nid to be tied up&beaten,to drive all doz evil spirits in u...so dat u wunt end up in 14yrs jail,bcs of d type of job u r lukin 4
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Caucasian: 9:07pm On Apr 15, 2015
Too boring sad sad sad cry cry cry
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by GeneralSnipper: 9:58pm On Apr 15, 2015
babacha:

We no dey challeng ourselves, we are sharing idea, throw ur question to the house not me, but let me answer ur questions.
1, Engine are iether cool with liquid or air, if there is no radiator, u use air. But there is a major disadvantage. Air has a low heat density so if the speed of ur air is low, it can only carry a small mass of heat.

2, 2 stroke engine smoke more because they burn oil. Mind u, 4 stroke engine can also produce excess smoke if the piston ring is bad. To add more, these are what causes engine to smoke
Black smoke- if ur air/fuel ratio is imbalance, ie too much fuel in the combustion chember or less air in the chember
White smoke-incomplete combustion
Blue smoke-ur engine is burning oil, ie ur piston ring is bad and oil is entering the combustion chemberl

3 a pump can be runing but not pumping due to any of the following
1, If the suction pipe is not completly filled with liquid
2, If air is leaking into the suction pipe
3, If air is leaking into the pump
4, If ur foot valve is blucked
5, If ur suction pipe is not fully submerged
6, If ur empeller is mounted wrongly
7, If ur pump is not prime
8 etc

Me wen be learner? I gree get power to challenge BABACHA, you see that name Only you nah chairmen.

At least all them wen dey follow you hold ground for grammar self go learn from this. Bros yeeee only you be Broses, you too much. Nice one.............

As e be so if you do mechanical key point for the house office go pay well ooo. Lol!!!

Cheers bro!
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by babacha: 10:49pm On Apr 15, 2015
GeneralSnipper:

Me wen be learner? I gree get power to challenge BABACHA, you see that name Only you nah chairmen.

At least all them wen dey follow you hold ground for grammar self go learn from this. Bros yeeee only you be Broses, you too much. Nice one.............

As e be so if you do mechanical key point for the house office go pay well ooo. Lol!!!

Cheers bro!

Guy u too much too o, I admire the level of ur mechanical reasoning, I be boy o, I no fit open mouth for where my supervisor dey talk o, I learn from him and if u have a good boss, u learn fast.
All of us have partial knowlodge, no one can be expert in all areas of mechanical engineering, if we disagree, that gives us room to research more

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by madri4u: 1:26am On Apr 16, 2015
Dis one wen unah dey prepare so, Hope unah knw say oga jona, use dis NNPC recruitment for political vote scam tins, nw wen he don fail so and com b say buhari don com on board to sanitize NNPC so, dis recruitment fit b forgotten tin oo and new fresh advert recrutiment conducted again by buhari regime..Dose wen don pass 28yrs nor go com fit apply again ooo..which kind life self.......lol!
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by boygeorge97: 5:14am On Apr 16, 2015
madri4u:
Dis one wen unah dey prepare so, Hope unah knw say oga jona, use dis NNPC recruitment for political vote scam tins, nw wen he don fail so and com b say buhari don com on board to sanitize NNPC so, dis recruitment fit b forgotten tin oo and new fresh advert recrutiment conducted again by buhari regime..Dose wen don pass 28yrs nor go com fit apply again ooo..which kind life self.......lol!
Whatever happens,our worry should be that any dimension that the government will decide to take...let it favour us....this is not fair at all,something that started 3 years ago is now hanging on a balance but on the contrary why would they see the need to recruit when they replace all available vacancies with their relations........
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by gbonsquare: 8:27am On Apr 16, 2015
madri4u:
mtchwww...why d late pessimism?Siddon look...it may b near when it seems so far.I'm so sure Baba's administration will favour us all in sha Allah.So dont b amaze when mails start rolling in few days from now or even in some weeks time.Early preparation as we can witness here will sail us though.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by gbonsquare: 8:43am On Apr 16, 2015
gwason:
and why is firing order of a vehicle arranged alternatively eg 1.3.4.2 and not serially eg 1.2.3.4 once ask dis question an interview..was jus swept of my feet,

I THINK D ANSWER TO THAT QUESTION IS SIMPLE...LOL...
Piston 1 and 4 moves together likewise are pistons 2 and.An alternate firing order for d above reason could be 1,2,4,3...How about that?
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by nke001: 9:05am On Apr 16, 2015
gwason:

Most firing orders are applied bearing in mine 'the effect of heat on efficiency of an ice/cie'. Mainly for easy dissipation of heat and better thermal expansivity/shock absorption of the block.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by presh247(m): 9:07am On Apr 16, 2015
Please what subsidiary of NNPC can a MICROBIOLOGIST fit into?
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by presh247(m): 9:19am On Apr 16, 2015
tunziepro:
Pls everyone, what subsidiary will a Microbiologist fit into

Nice to know I have a microbiologist here.
We would get the job at the end.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 16, 2015
nke001:

Most firing orders are applied bearing in mine 'the effect of heat on efficiency of an ice/cie'. Mainly for easy dissipation of heat and better thermal expansivity/shock absorption of the block.
....very insightful and technical, but i presume by cie you mean to say sie (spark ignition engine).
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by uau(m): 10:53am On Apr 16, 2015
my people!my people!!my people!!!

wait for the interview invite before you start tasking yourselves.

concentrate on other things and take the NNPC interview as your least option.

regards.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by philip3(m): 11:48am On Apr 16, 2015
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by ugroupnl: 2:42pm On Apr 16, 2015
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by ugroupnl: 2:42pm On Apr 16, 2015
Are you believing this recruitment exercise will linger to Buhari`s Government?
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Nobody: 2:52pm On Apr 16, 2015
Dem wan divide nnpc into pieces and some are here preparing for interview embarassed
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Busbar(m): 2:53pm On Apr 16, 2015
All will be well

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (195) (Reply)

Etisalat Customer Care Job / Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel / 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.