Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,120 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 - Jobs/Vacancies (163) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 (742447 Views)

Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 / Schlumberger/mi Swaco Aptitude Test On 6/6/2014. Let's Meet Here! / Nnpc Aptitude And Knowledge Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (195) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by prelinctus: 3:39pm On Apr 16, 2015
presh247:

Nice to know I have a microbiologist here. You can reach me on 08039316029(text or whatsapp). We would get the job at the end.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Edunwa302(m): 3:54pm On Apr 16, 2015
babacha:
2 stroke engine has carburator that mix ur air and petrol but 4 stroke engine do not have carburator.
4 stroke, ur turbo charger suck in air and only the air enter through the inlet valve while ur injector and nozzle break down the fuel to a form of gas and they enter from the nozzle.
That is why they call diesel Automotive gas oil (A G O) cos the injector and nossle break it down to gas form and as the nozzle spray it into the compressed air that is already hot, combustion take place
With all due repesct en if I understood u correctly, r u saying sir, dt 4stroke engine doesn't make use of carburetor?
Pls all internal combustion engine can make use of carburetor both 4stroke or two stroke it all depend on d designer en purpose of d engine, carburetor injection system seems to be outdated due to its unreliablity when compare to injector system, but its still in use till today.
Please put me through if I'm wrong or quoted u wrongly
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by presiade(m): 4:00pm On Apr 16, 2015
Edunwa302:

With all due repesct en if I understood u correctly, r u saying sir, dt 4stroke engine doesn't make use of carburetor?
Pls all internal combustion engine can make use of carburetor both 4stroke or two stroke it all depend on d designer en purpose of d engine, carburetor injection system seems to be outdated due to its unreliablity when compare to injector system, but its still in use till today.
Please put me through if I'm wrong or quoted u wrongly
Don't argue with him... just leave him to his opinion on that... undecided

1 Like

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Edunwa302(m): 4:09pm On Apr 16, 2015
babacha:

Go to a mechanic workshop and ask..

There is no 2 stroke engine that use diesel,
Also ask them if air and fuel are mixed before they enter the combustion chember.

This in not theory but practical, u can go and read more

Also the compressibility of liquid is so small that is regarded as incompressible, visit ur fluid mechnics text book again.

I have one question for u, can u tell us which component mix the air and diesel before they enter the combustion chember? I never see diesel engine with carburator
Another question for u, what is the need of compressing the fuel?
Bros go look heavy duty diesel engine very well before u argue. Fuel and diesel meet only at the combustion chember
Oga pls there's OK? , all internal combustion engine(4stroke/2stroke engine) makes use of diesel or petrol the different is just the injection system which is either compression injestion system or spark injection system.
Its not only heavy duty engine dt runs on diesel, some keke en family size generating set which are two stroke power engines use desiel dt u v nt seen doesn't mean there's none thank you

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Edunwa302(m): 5:05pm On Apr 16, 2015
gwason:
and why is firing order of a vehicle arranged alternatively eg 1.3.4.2 and not serially eg 1.2.3.4 once ask dis question an interview..was jus swept of my feet,

If the plugs were fired in numerical order from one end to the other, the successive power impulses from the pistons would cause the engine to run very unevenly and vibrate excessively.

In a four-cylinder engine, vibration is reduced with a firing order 1, 3, 4, 2 or 1, 2, 4, 3.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by markize(m): 5:20pm On Apr 16, 2015
please what is the latest information on this PCL/NNPC interview?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Rizin: 6:27pm On Apr 16, 2015
GeneralSnipper:

Oga! Get it clear, there are four stroke petrol engines that use carburetor. Look for an old Peugeot 504 engine and you'll see it. We are all here to learn bro..........

I can see you have some good mechanical knowledge, nice one. Here are some questions for your attention

1.) If an engine is not designed to be water cooled (i.e. no radiator) what other means can be used to cool it? Explain the principle behind it.

2.) Why does a two stroke engine generates more smoke than a four stroke engine?

3.) A pump comes alive when powered on but it's not pumping, what could be the problem?
1 beer eg star lager which is served cool oh i love its cooling system, lg@cool, refrigeration, heier thermercool.
But technically we have air cooled and coolant oil. In air cooled the engine is designed with fins which trap air and when they get heated up they rise given way for cool air to come in again as can be found in motorcycle engine and beetle Volkswagen which was invented by the threat from adolph hitler to produce for him a car that can run the dersert without water for him to fight world war.

2. 2 strokes engines 2SE is powered with cigrates not matches because cigrates produce smoke while matches produce flame but technically the anomaly has been resolve so if ur engine emit smoke it means that oil is entering from somwhere. Before now most two stroke engine work wit a mixture of oil and petrol.
3. If ur pump comes alive but its not pumping then u should check that ur neighbour. Yes that one that promised you that u will not progress. Yes na im work. Rush to MFM and collect holy ghost fire and fuel. Then burn him in a closed system ( dnt allow the smoke to be released into the atmosphere ) after the combustion ur pump will work very well but is the symptom persist after 2days consult ur technician
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Nobody: 7:30pm On Apr 16, 2015
Edunwa302:

If the plugs were fired in numerical order from one end to the other, the successive power impulses from the pistons would cause the engine to run very unevenly and vibrate excessively.

In a four-cylinder engine, vibration is reduced with a firing order 1, 3, 4, 2 or 1, 2, 4, 3.
thanks bro well understood

1 Like

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by edib(m): 4:40pm On Apr 17, 2015
Pls when is the interview schuduled to take place?
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by edib(m): 4:40pm On Apr 17, 2015
Pls when is the interview scheduled to take place?
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by adeyemoele: 7:35am On Apr 18, 2015
NNPC applicant, let's be prayerful as we're now confused about the interview day. Pls., can we get some volunteers to get helpful information from PCL or NNPC? By May 29, hope might have been lost. HOUSE, let's work on information.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by nke001: 12:52pm On Apr 18, 2015
gwason:
....very insightful and technical, but i presume by cie you mean to say sie (spark ignition engine).

yeah sie for petrol and cie (compression ignition engine) for disel.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by nke001: 1:05pm On Apr 18, 2015
Rizin:

1 beer eg star lager which is served cool oh i love its cooling system, lg@cool, refrigeration, heier thermercool.
But technically we have air cooled and coolant oil. In air cooled the engine is designed with fins which trap air and when they get heated up they rise given way for cool air to come in again as can be found in motorcycle engine and beetle Volkswagen which was invented by the threat from adolph hitler to produce for him a car that can run the dersert without water for him to fight world war.

2. 2 strokes engines 2SE is powered with cigrates not matches because cigrates produce smoke while matches produce flame but technically the anomaly has been resolve so if ur engine emit smoke it means that oil is entering from somwhere. Before now most two stroke engine work wit a mixture of oil and petrol.
3. If ur pump comes alive but its not pumping then u should check that ur neighbour. Yes that one that promised you that u will not progress. Yes na im work. Rush to MFM and collect holy ghost fire and fuel. Then burn him in a closed system ( dnt allow the smoke to be released into the atmosphere ) after the combustion ur pump will work very well but is the symptom persist after 2days consult ur technician

Never knew engineers are this funny! Ha ha ha!!

Well! pumps needs the presence of liquid in its compactment/chamber in order to create that SUCTION PRESSURE needed for continuous flow of liquid through the open system (pump). Just add enough water into the pump chamber and leave that village grandma alone.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Busbar(m): 1:34pm On Apr 18, 2015
adeyemoele:
NNPC applicant, let's be prayerful as we're now confused about the interview day. Pls., can we get some volunteers to get helpful information from PCL or NNPC? By May 29, hope might have been lost. HOUSE, let's work on information.
Lets keep praying. i believe hope is there afta may 29, one of d focus and promise of buhari adminstration is to reduce unemployment n remove corruption, so it wi b too early for dem to cancel employment hope of certain youth immediately dey assume office, infact it might works to our favour. D fear is dat d GMD n oda ogas mit b change d way tins is going cos od d auditing of a stuff. It can only delay dan wi early hope bt it cannot b cancel. Shalom.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by scarletdp(m): 4:19pm On Apr 18, 2015
adeyemoele:

Can we get some volunteers? I honestly cannot understand that.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by SomBaby(f): 8:31pm On Apr 18, 2015
scarletdp:

Can we get some volunteers? I honestly cannot understand that.

I volunteer to be a volunteer....

With my phone now...just about to call my nnpc friend...

Catch you guys later with the feedback....smiles
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by jaz(m): 9:20pm On Apr 18, 2015
?
SomBaby:

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Pinkieblue(f): 9:33pm On Apr 18, 2015
SomBaby:

Wats d feed back ?
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Pinkieblue(f): 9:33pm On Apr 18, 2015
SomBaby:

Wats d feedback ?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Caucasian: 6:51pm On Apr 19, 2015
I DON'T KNOW WHY THESE USHERS WON'T LET ME SLEEP IN MY FATHER'S HOUSE. . angry sad angry

EVEN AT NIGHT. cry angry
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by denco4: 8:49pm On Apr 19, 2015
Still waiting patiently for the interview. It will come

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Rizin: 8:35am On Apr 20, 2015
nke001:

Never knew engineers are this funny! Ha ha ha!!

Well! pumps needs the presence of liquid in its compactment/chamber in order to create that SUCTION PRESSURE needed for continuous flow of liquid through the open system (pump). Just add enough water into the pump chamber and leave that village grandma alone.
haha lols. I am sure that even though u are a nigerian but ur gene may not be nigerian (concluding from d answer u gave). Thanks
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by SoftlyZ: 1:22pm On Apr 20, 2015
Plssssssssssssssssss o. I'm asking again and I need the contribution of the lovely people we have here. What subsidiary would a GT Public Administration fit into? Pls reply. Thanks.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by presh247(m): 12:22am On Apr 21, 2015
With or without this interview, life goes on. Don't pause the events of your life because you're so anxious of been called for the interview. As for me, I have decided to chill and enjoy my life while I wait to be called...you can do the same.

I called someone who works with NNPC,abuja and he said they will surely complete the exercise.

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Caucasian: 8:33am On Apr 21, 2015
SoftlyZ:
Plssssssssssssssssss o. I'm asking again and I need the contribution of the lovely people we have here. What subsidiary would a GT Public Administration fit into? Pls reply. Thanks.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Caucasian: 8:35am On Apr 21, 2015
KRPC or PHRC
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by executivegej: 2:13pm On Apr 21, 2015
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Megalyf(m): 4:48pm On Apr 21, 2015
Same here with ya @SOMbaby

KINGTELLER:

I'm a computer Science & Statistics graduate and also Mechanical Engineering graduate

So what do you want to know in Compu Sci.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by kross101(m): 5:04pm On Apr 21, 2015
Hello guyz, got a questn tho it soundz kinda silly but itz important 2 me....Am actually 4rm local Govt "A" but due to ma admission in skul den nd sum oda scholarship stuffs @ skul, I chose local Govt "B" in ma skul docs nd it has alwz reflected in ma docs nd c.v tho I reverted 2 local govt "A" later afta service year. Ma prob now is I ain't sure d local Govt I used 2 apply 4 d NNPC recruitment process nd since its based on quota system nd all dt, am scared if I write one local govt nd it's diff 4rm d one on ma C.V dey av ova dere, it culd b sum big shitz cos I don't rem d one I wrote......
I hope d pple wif experiences of nnpc recruitment culd enlighten me on wat 2 do.Mayb it wuld b specified on interview day per state/Local govt or I shuld just leave out local govt area 4rm ma c.v nd let dem make d choice.
Thankz‎
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by allendk: 3:53am On Apr 22, 2015
babacha:

Let me quote cuascasian word for word

On Chems Mangement Trainee thread, u said " wande I ve not gotten an invite yet" when ur mate who pass has been invited

Again, on CITA Petroleum Aptitude Test Invitation thread, u said "Plzzz someone tell me.. are they still calling or inviting for interview? ? Am in the social sciences. . Or does any one knows if they ve already conducted interview for dose in social sciences? ? Am new here plzz let a gud fellow help with a gud
response."
U still did not pass again wen ur mate has been invited

So all this ur grammar na here u dey
use them, u no dey fit use them pass aptitude test. Guy u get brain.

Poeple here don pass aptitude test, pass interview and even dey work. Go pass aptitude test first before u talk here

Abeg sombaby no answer him again, na fustration dey worry him

He is already crying over his own failure I beg make una no make him cry again. Prilinctus if u know who get blo job, I beg contach him make he manage that one since he no dey fit pass aptitude test, blo job no need aptitude test, no give him work dat need test o, he no go fit pass

Lol........now this is funny, tnx for d info. I wish u had something on the other guys running their mouth arrogantly. At least we now know why he is so sarcastic. As d adage goes, when a drum sound too loud ppl would be forced to ask what tree it was made of.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Elaric(m): 10:35am On Apr 22, 2015
To d best of my knowledge,Public Admin has a dept in IDSL & NPDC.I am sure,it shd also b in other sub. as well (my opinion though).
SoftlyZ:
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Gloom: 11:33am On Apr 22, 2015
To respond, your question is out of place. Why should a graduate by asking how he/she fits into an organization you submitted application to yourself. Let even assume you don't really know, what prevent you from making research on the internet knowing that you are planning to work with the organization. We are so comfortable with half knowledge we get in forum like this instead of digging from the source ourselves. This is a reflection of our educational system and economy today because we are all in a fast lane wanting to get things fast and thereby putting aside the need to be thorough. Oga please try and prepare a meal of 'fufu and oha soup' that will hold you all day instead of making 2 mins noodles.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (195) (Reply)

Etisalat Customer Care Job / Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel / 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.