Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:53 AM

History Made By Northern Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / History Made By Northern Leaders (678 Views)

APC Crisis: Northern Leaders Move To Cut Tinubu To Size / 2015 Ticket: GEJ Declines Request by Northern 7 Governors / Conditions Proposed By Northern Elders For Amnesty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

History Made By Northern Leaders by betadaz: 10:18pm On Nov 24, 2014
My 7 year old kid just reminded me of some developments instituted by only northern leaders in Nigeria.

Son: Dad I have test in Civic Studies tomorrow and I have been reading.

Me: Nice, if you score 30/30 I will buy you game console.

Son: I was reading states created, when and by whom.
1967 Gowon 12 states
1976 Murtala 19 states
1987 Babangida 21 states
1991 Babangida 30 states
1996 Abacha 36 states

After the revision I pondered and had to appreciate the contributions of our leaders from the north. Why didn't our leaders from the south create even a single state? Are northerners more duty bound and selfless?

Your opinion please...
Re: History Made By Northern Leaders by MysticZeus: 10:26pm On Nov 24, 2014
Its not about the Northern Leaders being Selfless or the Southern Leaders being Selfish, but its about the Fact that We've had lesser number of National Leaders, and even when We had them in the case of OBJ and GEJ, there was no need creating More states because the Northern Leaders had already created excess Problem by the Large number of states they created.
Re: History Made By Northern Leaders by yuncka: 10:40pm On Nov 24, 2014
They r d main reason Nigeria is clamouring for division. I dnt see dat as an achievement.
Re: History Made By Northern Leaders by EmoBoy(m): 10:43pm On Nov 24, 2014
Is state creation an achievement or a problem?
Re: History Made By Northern Leaders by Nobody: 10:49pm On Nov 24, 2014
OP, if you see the list for state creation requests. You'll scream.

1 Like

Re: History Made By Northern Leaders by ZKOSOSO(m): 12:16am On Nov 25, 2014
Useless Northern leaders!!
Op state creation started with an intention to frustrate Ojukwu eastern region by Gowon.
All state created were meant to siphon southern wealth to the poverty stricken north till date!

Let the North go and leave the south alone!
Re: History Made By Northern Leaders by betadaz: 12:16am On Nov 25, 2014
But I hear people say state creation leads to grassroots development, more cities. Think of Akwa Ibom state and cities of uyo, eket, ikot ekpene
Re: History Made By Northern Leaders by Caseless: 7:02am On Nov 25, 2014
MysticZeus:
Its not about the Northern Leaders being Selfless or the Southern Leaders being Selfish, but its about the Fact that We've had lesser number of National Leaders, and even when We had them in the case of OBJ and GEJ, there was no need creating More states because the Northern Leaders had already created excess Problem by the Large number of states they created.
u cant be more misinformed! The OP mentioned jst 3 leaders out of many u think came from the north, and you are telling us the southerners that were there got there at the time there was no need to create state. Need i remind you that obj took over when murtala died? Why didnt Aguiyi Ironsi create any state? Are these guys not southerners?

(1) (Reply)

PDP Warns APC Over Attacks On Jonathan / S’east Govs Mourn Kano Bomb Victims / Boko Haram Using German War Strategy – Expert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.