Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,546 members, 7,955,022 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:41 PM

Eliminating The 'nigeria' Factor - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Eliminating The 'nigeria' Factor (889 Views)

Hnd Or Bsc, Not A Factor For A Better Career. / I Jst Registered For The Nigeria Army Dssc/ssc Recruitment. Am Passionate About D Military. Lets Met / Considering Nigeria Factor- Is There Any Fortune On The Internet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eliminating The 'nigeria' Factor by prodam(m): 10:49pm On Nov 24, 2014
Hello,

First of all, I love my country, am sure you do too..*smiles*..but there are a lot of things making you sad right now. Lots of setbacks, unhealthy economy for businesses to thrive, nepotism everywhere, corruption syndrome, no adequate power supply, no enabling environment to actualize that your dream, your certificates have been lying there in the shelf, there is insecurity, poor education system are a few of what are on your mind right now when you think of your challenges as a naija youth.

All these could pose as excuses for not being successful or achieving greatness but actually they should not. Success is a result, an attitude and a way of life. It is not a 'western' thing. There are successful people everywhere.

However, as a Nigerian, considering our experience, what we've been through, what we see everyday, which have actually defined our way of life and manners of approach to issues, one actually needs to be not just a Nigerian but a smart Nigerian in order to move up the ladder of success. It is peculiar and so the need for a careful plan, 'calcu', watching and positioning arises to achieve this. You would agree with me the word 'smart' is a common term used in qualifying any successful guy anywhere around the globe. That smartness could be achieved in various ways dependent on several factors which location or society tops the list. Enough of the talks!

Start doing the following to actually eliminate the 'Nigeria' factor, and be among the few that have made it despite the 'evil' forces capable of causing mitigation:

1. Believe in God but be more of a realist - believe that you have to sleep early to wake up early and less of 'if God wants, I will still wake up late even if I sleep early'.. Always do your own part of the job.

2. Be more active on social media than in social clubs - reduce the rate of visiting ceremonies, events or clubs while working to achieve your goals. Instead, go wild on the social media. Be known for what you stand for and crave for. Let people know you for your passion, say it everyday. Let people know what you need to move to the next level, seek advice and help publicly. No harm, avoid any form of pretence. You don't need even an atom of that now!..Post pictures. Anywhere online should be about you and your dreams/passion.
Follow celebs, great peeps around, be connected.

3. Get and manage a blog instead of womanizing - *smiles*..seriously to be outstanding there is a lot to be sacrificed, you need to break out of the norms. Get yourself a blog and write stuffs. Could be just a diary, or anything that interests you. With this, you always have something to do online and also to refer people to about your works. Please, blogs are not meant for writers alone. You can own a blog. It can even be about your relationship, or anything... Make sure its something you are proud of any day any time..

4. Listen to the radio more often than tracks from your favorite artists- another shocker!..well, its the truth. Just try doing this more often and record your success or milestones achieved as the days move on. Track educating, inspirational programs especially those relevant to your dreams. I personally like listening to muyiwaAfolabion smooth fm..there are many others.

5. Attend more seminars, workshops than shows- don't be carried away. You still have a lot to achieve. Spend your valuable time doing productive stuffs. Listen to people who have been through what you're going through. As a smart Nigerian,always remember no time to waste

6. Call more and chat less - Call at least one person on your contact daily. It could be for mere greetings sake. Spoken words could be few but far more effective in passing a message than chatting. Most time, that's why you initiate discussions on phone and be asked to continue through chats..that tells you, voice is just so important. Less distractions and commands respect for the person being called.

7. The last but not the least, is 'don't expect anything from the government no matter how responsible they appear'.just have this at the back of your mind. Even if we've got a good government, see it as a bonus rather than excuse to slow down or relax. .at least most of the things you got right now have nothing to do with them, your smartphones, laptops, private houses, paid education..so if actually without getting any freebies from the govt, you can get this far, then there is no limitation due to government.

Other guys could add to the list, the end point is to eliminate the 'Nigerian' factor, breaking out of the norms and doing the unexpected. Achieving massive success despite the challenges from this part of the world

Thanks Y'all. Have a cool Nite rest...
Re: Eliminating The 'nigeria' Factor by harpy4(m): 10:02am On Nov 26, 2014
Cool post i must confess.[color=#990000][/color][b][/b] smiley
Re: Eliminating The 'nigeria' Factor by prodam(m): 3:07pm On Aug 21, 2015
ishilove
lalasticlala
Re: Eliminating The 'nigeria' Factor by fejikudz(m): 3:15pm On Aug 21, 2015
cool
Re: Eliminating The 'nigeria' Factor by lawkie77(m): 11:59am On Aug 22, 2015
i love this,

(1) (Reply)

Standing Out From The Crowd To Be Come Excellence / Why It’s Important To Have Accurate Staff Records / An Engineer Who Hates Engineering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.