Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Is D'banj Broke? Kokomaster Hit With Messy Debt Scandal - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Is D'banj Broke? Kokomaster Hit With Messy Debt Scandal (53099 Views)

D'banj's Fresh New Look After Debt Scandal (photos) / Meet Kokomaster Dbanj’s Girlfriend Jennifer (PHOTO) / Is D'banj Dating Adama Indimi? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is D'banj Broke? Kokomaster Hit With Messy Debt Scandal by Nobody: 8:51am On Nov 25, 2014
Amefrica:
Everybody owes debt, either one way or the other.. This shouldn't be a news, they should settle themselves and not crying to our ears..
why won't they cry when the social media keeps fueling it..
Re: Is D'banj Broke? Kokomaster Hit With Messy Debt Scandal by Slickest(m): 8:52am On Nov 25, 2014
Soso990240:
Lies bro.Don Jazzy pulld dbanj out from d group dat included JJC and 419 squard to promote him.dats d more reason JJC is neva in gud terms wit Don jazzy.
Lol...lemme jaesi...don jazzy was just a normal dude dat his mom sellz in aj, met dis crew called jjc nd 419, headed by mp nd dis aficans awoo guy....they were d inn thing because of dier easy access 2d uk, while dbanj was like a boy who has tryd music nd failed nd nids help....jjc nd 419 used other producers after helpin donjazzy gt his knowledge in production.u kno aw it feels to kno somthing buh ppl around u not believn in u, jazzy was d least respected among dem whyl dbanj was seen as a dude wit no talent...wit dbanj comin 4rm a rich bakground decided 2go solo again 4d 2nd tym nd dis tym takes jazzy wit him nd den tongolo was born..dis jebele girl was caught in d middl, din kno who to follo...nd mohits was born..y do u think dbanj was d only dude wit d attention in d crew, wit 2 albums yl odas took d back seat

3 Likes

Re: Is D'banj Broke? Kokomaster Hit With Messy Debt Scandal by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 25, 2014
belzabull:
where are the yeriba dunces who kept shouting dbanj is the next big thing after Steve jobs apple? you think its by crawling on the floor begging for selfies and photgraphs with Barak obama, Bill Gates, richard Branson, Warren Buffet, Carlos Slim etc? These are white men who dont see any biggie posing for a snapshot, with even destitutes.

This is what you hjave when you keep over-hyping yourself, feeling high and big under suck-away level. Now the mofo is owing debts left, right and center. Very soon he will become bankrupt like David James and run to nairaland begging for contribution for survivalcheesy

My yeriba brothers be like "even Dangote sef dey owe debt"....yeye dey smell cheesy
Hey,must you be tribal? and even if dbanj owes, what has that got to do with your mumu life? has your fada ever taken selfie with the king of your village let alone Bill gate? you better go and find a job.

2 Likes

Re: Is D'banj Broke? Kokomaster Hit With Messy Debt Scandal by caprini1: 8:52am On Nov 25, 2014
I wonder what fun people get in others misfortune? Its just a setback,every successful businessman goes through this ,once in a while.He will bounce back and learn from his faults.At least he is better than so many,that refuses to make any attempt to succeed,but sit on a couch bought by their grand father and complain all day about Jonathan.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is D'banj Broke? Kokomaster Hit With Messy Debt Scandal by tyconcepts(f): 8:53am On Nov 25, 2014
100Cents:

Who put the pressure on him if not himself ?

What was he thinking when he was borrowing in hard currency ?

Anyway, we dey wait make we see his rebuttal of the write up but these names of his creditors ring a bell, Gbam !

Na we dey put the pressure on them.....Else ordinarily cheques bounce and get fixed but as e be D'banj it became a sin for a cheque to bounce.

Na so Iyanya enter economic class for plane....Nigerians castigate am say e don dey broke.
Re: Is D'banj Broke? Kokomaster Hit With Messy Debt Scandal by 100Cents: 8:55am On Nov 25, 2014
tandj:
I feel for him if this is true. One of my best ever nigerian artist if not d best.
Its bad biz decisions. He will spring up again. Its a daily occurance in people's and corporate world all over d world.
I pray he will rise and shine again.
Very talented singer.

Talented singer indeed.

His audience dey for Nigeria, he relocated to US.

Which reasonable person does that ? This is one of the reasons a person should know his value and don't demand more than your value from people..

Who has been calling him for shows, where are the hit songs ?

Smh. I pitied this guy from the first day they separated but some haters will just be throwing mud

Music is business and business is not meant for weak minds..

2 Likes

Re: Is D'banj Broke? Kokomaster Hit With Messy Debt Scandal by Nobody: 8:55am On Nov 25, 2014
see haters everywhere. They have been praying for the guy downfall. but God is greater than you people. if this is true,i know he will settle it. dbanj is never broke and Dbanj will keep going higher.

1 Like

Re: Is D'banj Broke? Kokomaster Hit With Messy Debt Scandal by belzabull(f): 8:57am On Nov 25, 2014
rahazaqa:
[s]Hey,must you be tribal? and even if dbanj owes, what has that got to do with your mumu life? has your fada ever taken selfie with the king of your village let alone Bill gate? you better go and find a job[/s].
you have been ranting all over this thread like a lunatic and you talk about finding a job. you are so daft and dumb as the pretentious hypocrite you keep defending. Elede like you cheesygrin

4 Likes

Re: Is D'banj Broke? Kokomaster Hit With Messy Debt Scandal by Nobody: 9:00am On Nov 25, 2014
tyconcepts:

Na we dey put the pressure on them.....Else ordinarily cheques bounce and get fixed but as e be D'banj it became a sin for a cheque to bounce.

Na so Iyanya enter economic class for plane....Nigerians castigate am say e don dey broke.
Since dbanj parted ways with Don j,som ppl have been praying for this guy downfall. I don't know why? they feel sad whenever he does something good and they feel good when he faces challenges. This life self...

1 Like

Re: Is D'banj Broke? Kokomaster Hit With Messy Debt Scandal by Freiburger(m): 9:00am On Nov 25, 2014
caprini1:
I wonder what fun people get in others misfortune? Its just a setback,every successful businessman goes through this ,once in a while.He will bounce back and learn from his faults.At least he is better than so many,that refuses to make any attempt to succeed,but sit on a couch bought by their
grand father and complain all day about Jonathan.
grin grin wink

1 Like

Re: Is D'banj Broke? Kokomaster Hit With Messy Debt Scandal by 100Cents: 9:01am On Nov 25, 2014
tyconcepts:

Sister, did you see the dates on those cheques, those cheques are almost 12 months old ?

Signed cheques expire in 6 months. If you are the lender, won't you cry out. Are we talking about one naira ?

Please put yourself in the shoes of the lenders.. Be practical..

There was a time news came up of Sani Dangote, a younger brother to Aliko owing N5bn. Only bad debts get announced after so many entreaties..

Business is not empathy. Its figures and currency we talking..

6 Likes

Re: Is D'banj Broke? Kokomaster Hit With Messy Debt Scandal by kenex4ever(m): 9:01am On Nov 25, 2014
I thought nairalanders said he is more successful than Don Jazzy, not knowing he is a walking debt.
I wish him quick debt recovery though

3 Likes

Re: Is D'banj Broke? Kokomaster Hit With Messy Debt Scandal by Nobody: 9:03am On Nov 25, 2014
belzabull:
you have been ranting all over this thread like a lunatic and you talk about finding a job. you are so daft and dumb as the pretentious hypocrite you keep defending. Elede like you cheesygrin
I have a job,it is you that really need one and stop barking gibberish around Internet. Mumu ibo.
Re: Is D'banj Broke? Kokomaster Hit With Messy Debt Scandal by sanity12(m): 9:05am On Nov 25, 2014
belzabull:
sshhhhhh
mumuni
Re: Is D'banj Broke? Kokomaster Hit With Messy Debt Scandal by tyconcepts(f): 9:07am On Nov 25, 2014
100Cents:

Sister, did you see that dates on those cheques, those cheques are almost 12 months old ?

Signed cheques expire in 6 months. If you are the lender, won't you cry out. Are we talking about one naira ?

Please put yourself in the shoes of the lenders.. Be practical..

There was a time news came up of Sani Dangote, a younger brother to Aliko owing N5bn. Only bad debts get announced after so many entreaties..

Business is not empathy. Its figures and currency we talking..

PS : You are the first person whose comment made me go back to read the epistle again....

Truly said......But before these guys borrowed D'Banj these huge loans in foreign currency, did they ascertain that he actually can pay back as agreed? Even banks ask for collateries for security purpose.

I guess they assumed its D'Banj so he can pay.

3 Likes

Re: Is D'banj Broke? Kokomaster Hit With Messy Debt Scandal by Nobody: 9:12am On Nov 25, 2014
sirugos:
Nigeria celebrities singing about money and women. But inside them, they are broke. Nonsense

Dbanj has more money than all ur famiky put together.
Shit....
Re: Is D'banj Broke? Kokomaster Hit With Messy Debt Scandal by Soso990240(m): 9:17am On Nov 25, 2014
Slickest:

Lol...lemme jaesi...don jazzy was just a normal dude dat his mom sellz in aj, met dis crew called jjc nd 419, headed by mp nd dis aficans awoo guy....they were d inn thing because of dier easy access 2d uk, while dbanj was like a boy who has tryd music nd failed nd nids help....jjc nd 419 used other producers after helpin donjazzy gt his knowledge in production.u kno aw it feels to kno somthing buh ppl around u not believn in u, jazzy was d least respected among dem whyl dbanj was seen as a dude wit no talent...wit dbanj comin 4rm a rich bakground decided 2go solo again 4d 2nd tym nd dis tym takes jazzy wit him nd den tongolo was born..dis jebele girl was caught in d middl, din kno who to follo...nd mohits was born..y do u think dbanj was d only dude wit d attention in d crew, wit 2 albums yl odas took d back seat
Lies again.D leader of the group was JJC.MP brought Dbanj to JJC's house in d UK and begged JJC to accept dbanj into the group.Dbanj had no singing Talent then,just d Harmonica he was blowing.JJC was even the One dat taught Don jazzy Music(beat)production.Don jazzy Later pulld Dbanj out to make him a star.Hw can Dbanj pull out himself wen he couldn't even write a good song? His song 'Mobolo won' was writen by Don Jazzy and JJC.Don jazzy co wrote Tongolo wit Dbanj.he was d Least tallented.Don jazzy built his career,wrote Tongolo wit him and the rest is history.Even wen there was Mohit,wande Coal and Don jazzy did most of the song composition.Don jazzy was like a coach in Dbanj's career.

6 Likes

Re: Is D'banj Broke? Kokomaster Hit With Messy Debt Scandal by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 25, 2014
I wonder what joy people derive in other people's misfortune?.Since you can't beat them then you have you to pull them down

Pathetic,this thread reeks of hatred.
Re: Is D'banj Broke? Kokomaster Hit With Messy Debt Scandal by sanity12(m): 9:19am On Nov 25, 2014
rahazaqa:
Hey,must you be tribal? and even if dbanj owes, what has that got to do with your mumu life? has your fada ever taken selfie with the king of your village let alone Bill gate? you better go and find a job.
u dey mind am??so much hatred on this thread

1 Like

Re: Is D'banj Broke? Kokomaster Hit With Messy Debt Scandal by kenex4ever(m): 9:22am On Nov 25, 2014
caprini1:
I wonder what fun people get in others misfortune? Its just a setback,every successful businessman goes through this ,once in a while.He will bounce back and learn from his faults.At least he is better than so many,that refuses to make any attempt to succeed,but sit on a couch bought by their grand father and complain all day about Jonathan.
I admire him because he works hard, he wants to succeed, he wants to b greater dan however great he already is, he is a nice guy but d way people hype him here is too much. If he wins any foreign award or signs a foreign deal, d next hour u will c threads on FP giving reasons why he has been more successful dan don jazzy since they broke up. That's where I have probs with nairalanders and nt dbang, because he is doing his best anybody can owe debt at a point in life. 2mao dey may announce Donjazzy or psquare's debts too.

3 Likes

Re: Is D'banj Broke? Kokomaster Hit With Messy Debt Scandal by thaoriginator: 9:28am On Nov 25, 2014
D banj owes me $500k I remember!

1 Like

Re: Is D'banj Broke? Kokomaster Hit With Messy Debt Scandal by t6travels: 9:29am On Nov 25, 2014
keep calm and pay for your travel services with EASYPAY is another first from www.t6travels.com. Presented to our customers is the payment offer with the most flexible/affordable payment option. You get to spread your payment for services rendered by t6travels over a maximum period of twelve (12) months.
Re: Is D'banj Broke? Kokomaster Hit With Messy Debt Scandal by manuelzz(m): 9:29am On Nov 25, 2014
What if this Report is fake? And what if it's just some weird publicity stunt?? Just sayin' though.

1 Like

Re: Is D'banj Broke? Kokomaster Hit With Messy Debt Scandal by hadunihade(m): 9:30am On Nov 25, 2014
Let stop beating around d bush'he's living a fake life period"

1 Like

Re: Is D'banj Broke? Kokomaster Hit With Messy Debt Scandal by harry509: 9:33am On Nov 25, 2014
Ishilove:
It appears super star, D’banj is having financial challenges as available report shows he has been hit with a $240,000 debt scandal.

A technology company, MindHub Technologies, headed by a top oil and gas industry player, Henry Ojogho, is claiming that the kokomaster, D’banj is owing the company the sum of $240,000 and another N15, 000,000.

According to the MindHub Technologies, D’banj, through his company, DKM Media Limited, obtained a loan of over N60m from them in January, 2013 and has not paid back the said sum despite signing an undertaking to do so.

In addition, the technology company claimed that the entertainer has issued two cheques already; one on December 20, 2013 and another on January 20, 2014, both of which had to be returned unpaid after presentation because the pop star’ accounts were not funded enough.

According to documents obtained by NET, a firm of attorneys, D.U.ODIGIE & CO acting on behalf of Henry Ojogho, in a letter addressed to D’Banj, wrote:

'‘Following the default by D KINGS MEDIA LIMITED to pay the debt to our client, and pursuant to the aforementioned personal Guarantee/Memorandum of Undertaking, you issued two post-dated cheques; one for the sum of $240,000 (Two Hundred and Forty Thousand United States Dollars Only) dated 20/12/2013, and the other for the sum of N15,000,000 (Fifteen Million Naira Only) dated 20/1/2014.

Both cheques were returned unpaid on presentation by our client. We are further informed that although you thereafter paid the sum of N8, 600,00.00K (Eight Million, Six Hundred Thousand Naira Only) out of the N15,000,000,00k (Fifteen Million Naira Only) (in) Cheque, leaving a balance sum of N6,400.000.00k (Six Million, Four Hundred Thousand Naira Only), you have failed, neglected or refused to redeem the entire or any part of the $240,000.00 (Two Hundred and Forty Thousand United State Dollars) cheque.'’

It has further been revealed that Henry Ojogho is not the only wealthy man claiming D’banj owes him in recent times. There are a number of others.

'‘Using the sympathy and naivety of unsuspecting investors coming into the game to dupe them is criminal and absolutely destroying the image of the industry at large, because in the long run, it affects and corrupts the judgment of genuine investors who would pull out for fear of being duped,'’ a source told NET.

Below is are a number of names he allegedly owes, according to sources:

WALTER WAGBATSOMA (200,000 Pounds): Mr Walter is a billionaire with investments in major areas, ranging from oil and gas to real estate, banking, equities and even insurance. He is the founder and executive Vice Chairman of Ontario Oil and he’s one of the first men who were said to have handed money to D’banj, with a whopping sum of 200,000 Pounds said to be involved.

PRINCE D. OKONKWO ($200,000): He’s the chairman, Board of Directors of Tetrazini Group of Companies and he is said to have given about $200,000 to D’banj in the name of investing in entertainment. When the issue with Prince Okonkwo got out of hand, D’banj was said to have sought help from Dapo Abiodun, boss of Heyden Oil and Gas who helped him take care of the debt through a repayment plan.

Source:http://dailypost.ng/2014/11/24/dbanj-hit-messy-debt-scandal/
*mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwww* Nigeria is owning alott of money, still sum dude n dis country buy private jet and pack it @ my front. pls who has nokia 3310 charger?

1 Like

Re: Is D'banj Broke? Kokomaster Hit With Messy Debt Scandal by 100Cents: 9:33am On Nov 25, 2014
DrJoe1:
``I `d rather be rich and quiet than famous and broke``
- Banky W

A true businessman said that.

1 Like

Re: Is D'banj Broke? Kokomaster Hit With Messy Debt Scandal by hadunihade(m): 9:34am On Nov 25, 2014
sanity12:
true talk bro buh he has oda businesses dat fetches him more money.......
Like wat? Dbanj manager
Re: Is D'banj Broke? Kokomaster Hit With Messy Debt Scandal by JEITO: 9:39am On Nov 25, 2014
Celebrities and fake lives! spending more than they can afford, buying needless cars, and properties to flaunt in public while they die in secret.

Moral lesson: you don't have to fake it, if you've not made it. Else, one day na one day.....

1 Like

Re: Is D'banj Broke? Kokomaster Hit With Messy Debt Scandal by Nobody: 9:39am On Nov 25, 2014
how broke can he get?
Re: Is D'banj Broke? Kokomaster Hit With Messy Debt Scandal by hadunihade(m): 9:40am On Nov 25, 2014
rahazaqa:
Since dbanj parted ways with Don j,som ppl have been praying for this guy downfall. I don't know why? they feel sad whenever he does something good and they feel good when he faces challenges. This life self...
4 yur Garri mind

1 Like

Re: Is D'banj Broke? Kokomaster Hit With Messy Debt Scandal by sirugos(m): 9:45am On Nov 25, 2014
icebeatz:

Dbanj has more money than all ur famiky put together.
Shit....
but am not owning anybody. Nkita ara

4 Likes

Re: Is D'banj Broke? Kokomaster Hit With Messy Debt Scandal by hadunihade(m): 9:47am On Nov 25, 2014
Superstar007:
So, because of common 240,000 USD these people are making noise. What if I mention the amount D'banj is owing me
Ok hw much?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

"We Were Beaten" Mr Macaroni Speaks On What Happened After His Arrest / #EndSARS: Patience Ozokwor, Ebele Okaro Paused Movie Scene To Speak Against SARS / Beverly Osu Goes Topless In Beach Shoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.