Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* - Agriculture (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* (238369 Views)

My 1 Million Naira Alternative To Cucumber (agribusiness 101) [a Must Read] / Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures / Catfish Farming: My Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Prime225: 3:42am On Jun 14, 2019
orlabass:
Cukes doing well
do you prune?
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by orlabass(m): 7:47am On Jun 14, 2019
Yeah
Prime225:
do you prune?
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by austinomd(m): 2:46pm On Jun 16, 2019
Good Day all and well-done to the OP, its such a nice thread you have here.

Please I want to make a passionate appeal to all the learned farmers in the house, I've learnt allot from many of the post here on nairaland, but I need a farm where I can gain practical knowledge of vegetable farming here in Lagos, going out of Lagos is not easy for me now since I live and work in Lagos.

Please kindly link me with any Lagos based farm that you know.

God bless you as you help a brother.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by esdema: 9:58am On Jun 30, 2019
nice thread
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jethro2: 10:05am On Jun 30, 2019
austinomd:
Good Day all and well-done to the OP, its such a nice thread you have here.

Please I want to make a passionate appeal to all the learned farmers in the house, I've learnt allot from many of the post here on nairaland, but I need a farm where I can gain practical knowledge of vegetable farming here in Lagos, going out of Lagos is not easy for me now since I live and work in Lagos.

Please kindly link me with any Lagos based farm that you know.

God bless you as you help a brother.

Might be hard getting a practical farm where you can learn vegetable in Lagos.

You can approach those Hausa guys beside LASU gate Ojo if they will be willing to put you through.

They are expert at growing vegetables
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by austinomd(m): 2:35pm On Jul 01, 2019
Ok thanks Allot

jethro2:

Might be hard getting a practical farm where you can learn vegetable in Lagos.

You can approach those Hausa guys beside LASU gate Ojo if they will be willing to put you through.

They are expert at growing vegetables
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Wilzy1994: 6:59pm On Jul 30, 2019
Please sir how can i get the seed and pesticides
I just prepared my land today
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Geebee5: 9:14pm On Jul 31, 2019
@Jasper7 God bless you for this selfless act. I read from page 1 and I'm still reading. I can't imagine how much this knowledge you freely gave out would cost me. Please create a space for me on your mentee list 'cause I'm here to stay and make you a proud teacher smiley
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by milvet(f): 8:23pm On Sep 12, 2019
Good day all. oga jasper thanks so much for this thread.
Im learning alot from you guys. Though I'm still reading, please I will be starting cucumber farming soon..my mentor adviced I spray chemicals to kill the grasses before clearing to plant. Is this good? How many days am I suppose to wait before planting?
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Jawn(m): 10:31pm On Sep 12, 2019
Cucumber seed needed please. I am in Lagos
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by dedons: 7:23am On Sep 13, 2019
nice one
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by oladforever: 12:31pm On Sep 13, 2019
HAVE YOUR BUSINESS PROPOSAL/FEASIBILITY REPORT DELIVER TO YOU WITHIN 48 HOURS WITH FREE CASH FLOW PROJECTION AND FUNDING TIPS AT AN AFFORDABLE PRICE.
Do you want to expand your business, be more competitive in your industry or achieve certain goals?
If you answered “YES” to any of the above, you need a business plan! Whether you've just started out or been running for years, business planning can be the key to your success.
Developing and articulating a good business plan/proposal makes your business ideal to have a focus, direction, defines your objectives and maps out strategies to achieve your goals. It helps you know upfront about you capability of running such business, highlighting all the requirements and projected profit/income streams at a glance. A business plan is a living guide that every business should develop as the business grows and changes. Successful businesses review and update their business plan when circumstances change. A business plan thus assist in seeking finance for your business either through banks or investors, showing them why they should invest in your business.
Why don’t you contact us today at DOLAPATH GLOBAL SERVICES for your detailed BUSINESS PLAN or BUSINESS REVIEW.
We will help you develop/review your business plan that will help you comfortably start your business idea and/ or expand your existing business while exceeding all expectations. We’ve had previous success stories in the following business areas such as:

Cassava tuber farming and production
Cassava Starch and Flour production
Plastic production
Soap production
Palm Oil and Palm Kernel production
Tissue paper production and packaging
Jumbo reels production
Dry cleaning services
Pharmaceutical drug production
Table water production
Bread and pastries production
Printing / Advertising services
Juice production
Textile industry
Snail farming
Cat-Fish production. e.t.c.
Why don’t you reach us today and your business will be on the path to success again.

You can reach us via:
Email: dolapathglobal@gmail.com
Watsapp: 08067627940.

We look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Josefoyeniyi: 11:55am On Sep 14, 2019
*STAKING OF PLANT*
One way to improve yield when cultivating vegetables is staking plants. Vegetables benefit a lot from staking and they also grow well. The process can be a little bit tedious but the end result is encouraging. You will see your crops blossoming and producing healthy fruits throughout the growing season. You can improvise and use any type of material you want. The most important thing is that the stakes should be sturdy and driven well into the ground so that they can support the weight of the fruiting plants. At least a foot or more of the stakes can be driven into the ground. Ensure that the support is strong enough to bear the weight of the fruit and can also withstand heavy winds or rain. There are lots of benefits of staking climbers. A little understanding of these benefits will encourage every gardener to consider the system instead of allowing crops to run on the ground.
*Benefit of Staking*
*1. Increase in yield*
The most important reason for staking crops is to increase yield. Studies carried out in different locations shows that growing crops vertically increases yield three times than when they are allowed to run on the ground.
*2. Maintain fruit quality*
A healthy fruit without blemishes attracts better price. That’s why gardeners will do anything to prevent their fruits from damages. Damages can occur when fruits are allowed to run on the ground. They are exposed to insect attacks and other creeping things.
*3. Disease-free plants*
Every gardener wish is to make sure their plants are free from diseases. This can be achieved by staking crops rather than allowing them to run on the ground. They can easily contract diseases when allowed to remain and run on the ground. But when they are raised up with stakes, they experience better air circulation which reduces the incidence and spread of diseases.
*4. Exposure to sunlight*
Crops like tomatoes need as much sun as they can possibly get during the day. And for such crops, staking exposes a greater part of the leaves’ surface to sunlight which they need to generate energy and grow well.
*5.Cultivate more crops in limited space*
There is no point looking for an extra piece of land to add to the one you have when you can simply double your yield. Staking allows you to utilize limited space well. There are many reasons to use stakes to grow plants. It makes harvesting, spraying, fertilizer application and watering easier. You can explore the various methods used in staking plants. You can also get creative but make sure the stakes are sturdy enough to support the weight of the fruits as they grow bigger in size.

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by austinomd(m): 8:09am On Sep 27, 2019
Josefoyeniyi:
*STAKING OF PLANT*
One way to improve yield when cultivating vegetables is staking plants. Vegetables benefit a lot from staking and they also grow well. The process can be a little bit tedious but the end result is encouraging. You will see your crops blossoming and producing healthy fruits throughout the growing season. You can improvise and use any type of material you want. The most important thing is that the stakes should be sturdy and driven well into the ground so that they can support the weight of the fruiting plants. At least a foot or more of the stakes can be driven into the ground. Ensure that the support is strong enough to bear the weight of the fruit and can also withstand heavy winds or rain. There are lots of benefits of staking climbers. A little understanding of these benefits will encourage every gardener to consider the system instead of allowing crops to run on the ground.
*Benefit of Staking*
*1. Increase in yield*
The most important reason for staking crops is to increase yield. Studies carried out in different locations shows that growing crops vertically increases yield three times than when they are allowed to run on the ground.
*2. Maintain fruit quality*
A healthy fruit without blemishes attracts better price. That’s why gardeners will do anything to prevent their fruits from damages. Damages can occur when fruits are allowed to run on the ground. They are exposed to insect attacks and other creeping things.
*3. Disease-free plants*
Every gardener wish is to make sure their plants are free from diseases. This can be achieved by staking crops rather than allowing them to run on the ground. They can easily contract diseases when allowed to remain and run on the ground. But when they are raised up with stakes, they experience better air circulation which reduces the incidence and spread of diseases.
*4. Exposure to sunlight*
Crops like tomatoes need as much sun as they can possibly get during the day. And for such crops, staking exposes a greater part of the leaves’ surface to sunlight which they need to generate energy and grow well.
*5.Cultivate more crops in limited space*
There is no point looking for an extra piece of land to add to the one you have when you can simply double your yield. Staking allows you to utilize limited space well. There are many reasons to use stakes to grow plants. It makes harvesting, spraying, fertilizer application and watering easier. You can explore the various methods used in staking plants. You can also get creative but make sure the stakes are sturdy enough to support the weight of the fruits as they grow bigger in size.

Please where can I get the white type of staking ropes in Lagos? I was made to understand it is sold in bags, how much will a bag cost?
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by digitalwhiz: 9:44pm On Oct 15, 2020
jasper7:

3 months? Pls, I need to hear from the person who told you. Maybe the person has his reasons. For seeds in ibadan, kindly contact soloxam or nikashow

Is there anywhere I can get it in oke-ogun/shaki, if no Can you please drop their contact sir

I need to purchase cucumber seed

Is it OK if I buy murano f1

God bless you and other contributors beyond your imagination
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Cedagrochemical(f): 6:52pm On Oct 17, 2020
I have Greengo F1 cucumber seeds, can be waybilled to Saki

digitalwhiz:

Is there anywhere I can get it in oke-ogun/shaki, if no Can you please drop their contact sir

I need to purchase cucumber seed

Is it OK if I buy murano f1

God bless you and other contributors beyond your imagination

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by konews: 6:28pm On Nov 15, 2020
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by muller101(m): 9:14am On Nov 29, 2020
I need cucumber seeds. Location Ibadan
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Giantfarmer(m): 7:46pm On Jan 04, 2021
please Farmers in the house help . what's wrong with my cucumbers,I just started harvest last week

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by AllAnglesFarm: 3:57pm On Jun 02, 2022
Farmers in the house, I have 3acreas of land with bolehore to sell, suitable for farming and building located in Agbowa iganke, ikorodu Lagos. I also have items on my farm to sell out like 3000Lbaaf, drip line, insecticides etc at reduced price, Call or chat me on 07069308901 if interested

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply)

Starting An Oil Palm Plantation / 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. / The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.