Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,835 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:44 PM

Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) (49308 Views)

My 2,000 Broiler Production Cycle / Broiler Production(contract Farming) Scam Or Real / Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by apexquest(m): 11:29am On Oct 17, 2015
mfm04622:

Isn't 15 weeks too long for broiler production? I ha heard of farmer that target 7 to 10 weeks. What advantage does keeping them to 15 weeks confer? Thanks
Yes 15weeks is too long.The Reason is because the birds were raised for the Xmas festivities n I want to dominate my local market with big, matured Live broilers...u get?

4 Likes

Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by sabatok(m): 3:34pm On Oct 17, 2015
plz am in urgent need of 4weeks old broiler.... location sango otta..
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by olathy: 10:33pm On Oct 17, 2015
My 10-old day broilers are behaving strange after applied Gumboro yesterday. 6 mortalities is recorded today making 15 in whole. Your Help is urgently needed please. Two of them are still reacting slugishly.
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by Pally247: 1:48am On Oct 18, 2015
Hello everyone i help big poultry farmers with recipes that enhance the growth of their broilers to attain desired weight in the market thereby cutting down on cost ...
Interested persons should send me a
PM.. i bet you, you won't want to go back to
the old way of farming after tasting this.
NB:- Please only serious minded persons
should send me a PM thanks...
andersonpally@gmail.com
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by FarmTech(m): 4:17pm On Oct 18, 2015
Dikwons:
Please help. My 2weeks plus old chicks are dull, not eating well, sleeping standing, buried necks, some have watery stools, I noticed this two days ago. I have vaccinated them against Newcastle disease with LaSota, in the first week, then Gongola in the second week. This is the third week and they went from being energetic to being sick in a flash. I've been giving them a glucose+antibiotic+vitamin drug since I got them. I bought chlortetracycline drug yesterday for them but they are still the same.
I keep them well aerated and their litter dry. There are two poults with them who are still agile.
NEVER U REAR TURKEY AND CHICKENS 2GETHER, IT'S A TIME BOMB. GIVE THEM a sulphur drug like agracox and update us.

1 Like

Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by FarmTech(m): 4:19pm On Oct 18, 2015
olathy:
My 10-old day broilers are behaving strange after applied Gumboro yesterday. 6 mortalities is recorded today making 15 in whole. Your Help is urgently needed please. Two of them are still reacting slugishly.
Try admacin.
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by eluyebamayowa: 6:34pm On Oct 18, 2015
Pls wat can it b given 2 my 17wk broilers dat refuse 2 grow up nd passin out green poop,very urgent
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by durosinmikunle(m): 7:50pm On Oct 18, 2015
Naira lander what drug do I give to my broilers to make them grow bigger and faster apart from vitamins pls this is urgent
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by tuk2ato(m): 1:51am On Oct 19, 2015
Please how much feed is required to raise a day old broiler chick to 7 weeks to attain an average weight of 2kg?
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by Pally247: 7:25pm On Oct 20, 2015
durosinmikunle:
Naira lander what drug do I give to my broilers to make them grow bigger and faster apart from vitamins pls this is urgent

Hello everyone i help big poultry farmers
with recipes that enhance the growth of
their broilers to attain desired weight in
the market thereby cutting down on cost
Interested persons should send me a
PM.. i bet you, you won't want to go back
to the old way of farming after tasting this.
NB:- Please only serious minded persons
should send me a PM thanks...
andersonpally@gmail.com
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by Eefosa1: 6:52am On Oct 22, 2015
what could be wrong i got 4 weeks boiler to my surprise i got to my farm and meant three birds dead, i quickly rush for lasota,i hope it will help pls house advice
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by apexquest(m): 1:29pm On Oct 22, 2015
Eefosa1:
what could be wrong i got 4 weeks boiler to my surprise i got to my farm and meant three birds dead, i quickly rush for lasota,i hope it will help pls house advice
You need to provide enough info of the situation to get advice...state the history of their medication so far.
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by Nobody: 9:07pm On Oct 22, 2015
i mistakenly bought a layers vitamin premix instead of broiler's.
please is it save to formulate broilers feed with the premix?

i attached the picture of the premix, pls i need an experts advice. THANKS.

Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by apexquest(m): 9:18pm On Oct 22, 2015
crotonite:
i mistakenly bought a layers vitamin premix instead of broiler's.
please is it save to formulate broilers feed with the premix?

i attached the picture of the premix, pls i need an experts advice. THANKS.
Y not return it and get the Broiler's. The formula are not the same..
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by Eefosa1: 9:38pm On Oct 22, 2015
apexquest:

You need to provide enough info of the situation to get advice...state the history of their medication so far.

lasota only apart from vitalyite,antibiotic ,still found one dead again
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by Nobody: 5:50am On Oct 23, 2015
apexquest:

Y not return it and get the Broiler's. The formula are not the same..

thanks for the timely respond. i am really gratefull.
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by apexquest(m): 9:09am On Oct 24, 2015
Eefosa1:

lasota only apart from vitalyite,antibiotic ,still found one dead again
At four weeks, your birds should have received 2 lasota and 2 gumboro vaccinations... Start giving them now...
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by chiomilisa(f): 6:29am On Oct 25, 2015
my broiler is 12 weeks now. heavy, I lost 5 last WK. 6 of them now are weak and unable to walk. just there lying down. house pls what do I give to them. tAnks
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by apexquest(m): 3:36pm On Oct 25, 2015
chiomilisa:
my broiler is 12 weeks now. heavy, I lost 5 last WK. 6 of them now are weak and unable to walk. just there lying down. house pls what do I give to them. tAnks
Pls give more specifics, what is the colour of their poops, how are their feathers?? If possible snap one and share with the house so that adequate advice can be given.
Meanwhile have you given them anti coccidiosis drug like embazyl? Have they received up to 3 lasotas n 2 gumboro since day 1??
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by tataiwo09(m): 11:46pm On Oct 26, 2015
apexquest:
I MAY NOT BE AN EXPERT BUT ASK ANY QUESTION ON BROILER PRODUCTION, I WILL ANSWER TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE...... FELLOW FARMERS SHOULD DROP THEIR CONTRIBUTIONS PLSSSSSS...

I bought like 50 broilers today, dey are up to a month(4weeks)...can I start giving dem finisher or continue starter?

Waiting for urgent response
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by apexquest(m): 10:00am On Oct 27, 2015
tataiwo09:

I bought like 50 broilers today, dey are up to a month(4weeks)...can I start giving dem finisher or continue starter?

Waiting for urgent response
My birds are 8 weeks today, they are on grower until November ending b4 finisher till Xmas.
Back to ur question.... You can start giving finisher from
now till Xmas or you can give grower for a few weeks before you bring in the finisher.
Mind you , if you are feeding grower, they MUST be fed very well.
The starter is OK at 4weeks ..u don't need to continue unless your budget is robust.
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by RichDad1(m): 10:05am On Oct 27, 2015
Mine are 7 & 5 weeks and they're already on Finisher.
There're 81 in numbers and consuming 25kg in 3 days.
Over feeding , under feeding or normal?
Although, I'm keeping them as pet...lol
Purely for healthy consumption.

1 Like

Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by phoenixfx: 11:09am On Oct 27, 2015
Hello house, pls I need the house to enlighten me on this problem. I've raised two sets of broilers (500 each) they seem to do very well but on reaching 4 weeks they start to shrink-having dried up legs, lose appetite and pass green stools and die in droves. Someone told me its typhoid and I have administered typhoid care and amoxitin but the problem persists. Pls note I've given them all required vaccines and biosecurity measures observed. pls help, what drugs should I give to prevent this occurrence. thanks
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by WhyNa: 1:05pm On Oct 27, 2015
Emberzin forte always helps

1 Like

Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by apexquest(m): 6:01pm On Oct 27, 2015
phoenixfx:
Hello house, pls I need the house to enlighten me on this problem. I've raised two sets of broilers (500 each) they seem to do very well but on reaching 4 weeks they start to shrink-having dried up legs, lose appetite and pass green stools and die in droves. Someone told me its typhoid and I have administered typhoid care and amoxitin but the problem persists. Pls note I've given them all required vaccines and biosecurity measures observed. pls help, what drugs should I give to prevent this occurrence. thanks
If you gave the required vaccines(usually, 2 lasota n 2 gumboro), u gave anti coccidiostat n good biosecurity, u shouldn't have problems. U even treated for typhoid, no improvements... Nâ wao ...
OK ....firstly, the symptoms are mostly that of NCD.
I suspect that your vaccination failed and the disease vectors resided n waited for your second batch..
Do mind telling us how u vaccinated??

2 Likes

Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by alanimi200(m): 11:47am On Oct 28, 2015
Good day frds pls hv this challenge with me 5 wks boilers 190 . They are coughing most especially when eating hv always gIve them emberze forte every 3 dau all vaccine is observed .1st lasota 7 day, 1st gumboro 14 da),2nd lasota 21day, 2nd Gumboro 28 days. Hv lost 2 birds already. Their poo is green, some redish they lost appetite and later die all these is what I observed. Presently am still giving them emberze, am feeding them with (op feed stater, the cough increse when they are eating. Pls help is urgent . Thank u.
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by phoenixfx: 12:37pm On Oct 28, 2015
apexquest:

If you gave the required vaccines(usually, 2 lasota n 2 gumboro), u gave anti coccidiostat n good biosecurity, u shouldn't have problems. U even treated for typhoid, no improvements... Nâ wao ...
OK ....firstly, the symptoms are mostly that of NCD.
I suspect that your vaccination failed and the disease vectors resided n waited for your second batch..
Do mind telling us how u vaccinated??

Thanks Apexquest for your prompt response. Vaccination: given day 8 and 18 for Gumboro and day 13 and 22 for lasota. Method of vaccination: I use one quarter of water consumed in a day divided into all water drinkers and added the vaccine (required dose equal to the number of birds). Water is chlorine free and the drinkers not washed with any disinfectant a day prior to vaccination. I also use koksidex as Anti-cocci (contains Amprolium and Sulfaquinoxaline). Like I said b4, they all seem to do very well till towards the fourth week then there is an abrupt drop in their appetite, then shrinkage especially their feet getting dried up and often immobility or paralysis. No neck twisting which could be a sign of Newcastle disease. Will upload pictures asap. Treatment during this period was Amoxitin+Dramacine forte, also used typhoid care but symptoms persist with high mortality. However, I have been having some suggestions from other farmers like using Kenflox (Enrofloxacin), Attack (Herbal drug), Bowel flushing of the birds using Epsom salt, treating for typhoid before full blown symptoms appears as in my case, etc. Pls I need the gurus in the house to confirm above suggestions. Secondly, can a detailed weekly drug schedule be suggested especially one that will not only prevent a reoccurrence of the disease but also reduce the number of runts in the stock. Thanks in anticipation.

Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by apexquest(m): 1:24pm On Oct 28, 2015
alanimi200:
Good day frds pls hv this challenge with me 5 wks boilers 190 . They are coughing most especially when eating hv always gIve them emberze forte every 3 dau all vaccine is observed .1st lasota 7 day, 1st gumboro 14 da),2nd lasota 21day, 2nd Gumboro 28 days. Hv lost 2 birds already. Their poo is green, some redish they lost appetite and later die all these is what I observed. Presently am still giving them emberze, am feeding them with (op feed stater, the cough increse when they are eating. Pls help is urgent . Thank u.
Your birds are suffering from Chronic Respiratory Disease, CRD.. my advice is give them ' tylodox extra' it will help. You can mix it with keproceryl if u like.
But pls avoid practices that causes n increases crd, like pouring in your feed in ways that makes it dust cos they inhale it when they rush for it. Also change your litter quite often. Lastly make sure they are receiving more than enough breeze..
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by apexquest(m): 2:17pm On Oct 28, 2015
Just want to share my 8 weeks old Xmas birds with y'all wink... They are really doing OK cool. Gave 3rd lasota yesterday. 2% mortality so far .. God has been faithful... grin.

Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by alanimi200(m): 3:36pm On Oct 28, 2015
Thank u so much man, will follow ur advice. - appreciate
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by Broiler: 6:18am On Oct 29, 2015
apexquest:
Just want to share my 8 weeks old Xmas birds with y'all wink... They are really doing OK cool. Gave 3rd lasota yesterday. 2% mortality so far .. God has been faithful... grin.
Impressive. They look healthy and big.
Mine is 7 weeks but not as big as yours. Can you recommend any supplement to boost their fcr?
I'll really appreciate
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by Broiler: 6:21am On Oct 29, 2015
RichDad1:
Mine are 7 & 5 weeks and they're already on Finisher.
There're 81 in numbers and consuming 25kg in 3 days.
Over feeding , under feeding or normal?
Although, I'm keeping them as pet...lol
Purely for healthy consumption.
Can you answer this question too?
I'm in almost same condition

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

17 Health Benefits Of Ewe Akintola, CHROMOLAENA ODORATA / What Fruit Could This Be? / Big Puff Adder Killed Where I Was Clearing Land For Cultivation (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.