Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,290 members, 7,815,500 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

PDP Will Never Rule Lagos —rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Will Never Rule Lagos —rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos (3115 Views)

Oba Rilwan Akiolu 's Profile Updated On Wikipedia / Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola / PDP Will Never Rule Lagos — Rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Will Never Rule Lagos —rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by Ayed44: 3:31pm On Nov 26, 2014
The Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu, has said the
Peoples Democratic Party,PDP, will never produce
a governor in Lagos, Nigeria’s commercial capital.
The state of over nine million people has
consistently been ruled by the opposition since
the return of democracy to the country in 1999.
The PDP has however intensify its plan to win
over the state from the the All Progressives
Congress in the forthcoming elections.
But speaking as the chief launcher of the
autobiography of the former President of the
Court of Appeal, Mustapha Akanbi, at the
Sheraton Hotel in Abuja on Wednesday, Mr.
Akiolu said Lagos would continue to be under the
ruling All Progressive Congress, APC.
“Recently, I told Bode George, (Musiliu) Koro and
(Adeseye) Ogunlewe that “Look at me o! You will
never win Lagos. God will give us another APC
governor”.
The monarch, who elicited a lot of excitement
from the audience, also stated that he became the
Oba of Lagos through divine intervention and
that he did not spend a dime.
” After I was retired, some justices of the Supreme
court, including Belgore, Uwais and Akanbi came
to me and told me that they intend to go and see
the president, but I told them with due respect
that, that is where God wants me to be.
“One of them, Wali held my hand, and prayed,
saying that within one year, you will see what
God will do in your life, and exactly a year later,
my father, the late Oba, joined his ancestors.
” Governor Tinubu came and said don’t give
anyone any money to be Oba, if it is yours, it will
surely come and that is how I became the Oba,
even though President (Olusegun) Obasanjo was
against me,” the Oba said.
Mr. Obasanjo, who was also seated at the high
table with the monarch, simply laughed.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/171907-pdp-will-never-rule-lagos-rilwan-akiolu-oba-lagos.html
Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos —rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by chiefinalowo: 3:35pm On Nov 26, 2014
Kabiyesi Oba, Ki Ade pe lori o.
I am too small to hand-wave your words Kabiyesi.

One thing I know is that PDP will form the next government in Lagos State.
We are ready, we have prepared and we will field the right candidate that even the Oba will support.

5 Likes

Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos —rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by Nobody: 3:37pm On Nov 26, 2014
chiefinalowo:

We are ready, we have prepared and we will field the right candidate that even the Oba will support.

You know very well that your wish is a tall order. PDP reputation in Lagos is forever dented.

We see PDP Lagos more as a collection of Lagos socialites and not politicians.....filled with necklace wearing men grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos —rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by Firefire(m): 3:44pm On Nov 26, 2014
chiefinalowo:

[size=15pt]One thing I know is that PDP will form the next government in Lagos State.
[/size]

May the gods bless you, may the 200 irunmoles hear your prayers.

6 Likes

Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos —rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by Firefire(m): 3:44pm On Nov 26, 2014
chiefinalowo:

[size=15pt]One thing I know is that PDP will form the next government in Lagos State.
[/size]

May the gods bless you, may the 200 irumoles hear your prayers.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos —rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by chiefinalowo: 3:44pm On Nov 26, 2014
ilugunboy:

You know very well that your wish is a tall order. PDP reputation in Lagos is forever dented.

We see PDP Lagos more as a collection of Lagos socialites and not politicians.....filled with necklace wearing men grin grin grin

My brother, I have said the truth.
We will all come back here after 2015 election when PDP forms the government.
The Lagosians and Residents of Lagos State are tired of APC led government.
They want change and the change has come.

6 Likes

Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos —rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by chiefinalowo: 3:45pm On Nov 26, 2014
Firefire:

May the gods bless you, may the 200 irumoles hear your prayers.

Asee wa!

2 Likes

Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos —rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by Firefire(m): 3:52pm On Nov 26, 2014
chiefinalowo:

Asee wa!

Ijoba APC ni ilu eko nfi ara ni ara ilu pupo ju.

Awon oju popo ti o je ti ijoba ipinle ati ijoba ibile ko se fi oju ri rara. angry

OWO-ori to un wole fun ijoba Ipinle eko kolonka, sibe a o ri ohun ti won fi se.

Tete tele ri, a ma n da asa pe "EKO ONI BAJE" sugbon bayi, oti di "EKO ONI BAJE JU BA YI LOOO"

Eyin Omo Odua, akoko to lati gba agbara lowo IJOBA AMUNISIN ti Ipinle Eko.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos —rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by funkybully(f): 3:53pm On Nov 26, 2014
Oba don chop bribe, But don't worry after pdp has won Lagos gubernatorial nextyr u will be deposed for this singular act of partisanship.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos —rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by Firefire(m): 3:55pm On Nov 26, 2014
chiefinalowo:

Only the myopic ones would not see the reasons for change of government in Lagos after misrule of 15Yrs+

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos —rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by olapluto(m): 3:57pm On Nov 26, 2014
What an elder can see sitting down, a kid will not see it even if he stands on a tree. I just cannot imagine if PDP had control of Lagos since 1999. They would have been giving okada to Lagosians as democracy dividends. Maybe the heavens are helping Nigeria's democracy by still keeping PDP awa from Lagos.

1 Like

Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos —rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by chiefinalowo: 3:57pm On Nov 26, 2014
Firefire:

Ijoba APC ni ilu eko nfi ara ni ara ilu pupo ju.

Awon oju popo ti o je ti ijoba ipinle ati ijoba ibile ko se fi oju ri rara. angry

OWO-ori to un wole fun ijoba Ipinle eko kolonka, sibe a o ri ohun ti won fi se.

Tete tele ri, a ma n da asa pe "EKO ONI BAJE" sugbon bayi, oti di "EKO ONI BAJE JU BA YI LOOO"

Eyin Omo Odua, akoko to lati gba agbara lowo IJOBA AMUNISIN ti Ipinle Eko.

Oti so gbogbo oro naa tan.
Ijoba APC hun ni awon mekunu ati olowo lara.
Opin ti de ba ijoba APC nilu Eko
Akoko itura ti de.
Ijoba APC, Ijoba afiya jeni
Ijoba APC, Ijoba amunisin ni
Oti to ge fun won nilu Eko.

1 Like

Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos —rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by Firefire(m): 4:05pm On Nov 26, 2014
chiefinalowo:

Oti so gbogbo oro naa tan.
Ijoba APC hun ni awon mekunu ati olowo lara.
Opin ti de ba ijoba APC nilu Eko
Akoko itura ti de.
Ijoba APC, Ijoba afiya jeni
Ijoba APC, Ijoba amunisin ni
Oti to ge fun won nilu Eko.

Ohun ti emi mo daju ni wipe, Agbara Tinubu lati yii ibo ati gbogbo ogbon arumoje re patapata ni asiri re ti tu.

Afefe ti fe, ati ri furo adiye re.

Ko si ona ati ji apoti ibo ni odun 2015

AGBARA YIO BO LOWO awon to gbon ogbon ka fi eran si enu waa ti.

Awon degudu-jera, awon obaye je, awon ojelu osi.

1 Like

Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos —rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by wizzie001(m): 4:11pm On Nov 26, 2014
I've been living in Lagos like forever, I enjoy the peace and the development been put in place by the APC govt. No right thinking Lagosian would pray for the lawlesness been perpetrated at the federal level and some states most especially Ekiti at the moment. Long live your royal highness!

1 Like

Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos —rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by Firefire(m): 4:12pm On Nov 26, 2014
LAGOS STATE NEEDS A CHANGE OF GOVERNMENT

After 15 Years+ misrule by ACN turned APC.

Shall we continue like this

Shall we sit in our present situation of dilapidated classrooms, bad hinterlands road, LGA & LCDA un-performance despite the huge revenues accrued to them both from the Federal allocation and IGR

Shall we continue to look as they mortgage our future and run the state like a "Private Enterprise?"

It is time to say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

You have a voice, it is your vote.

One Man, One Woman, One Youth, ONE VOTE!

Shalom!

Firefire!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos —rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by omenka(m): 4:12pm On Nov 26, 2014
I'm very sure even in their self deceit frenzy, they never tell themselves Lagos is conquerable.
It isn't happening in this phase of the evolution of the milky way!!
Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos —rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by Nobody: 4:18pm On Nov 26, 2014
chiefinalowo:

God will NOT answer your prayer...if the prayer is the kind of change we are seeing in Ekiti and Ondo. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos —rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by Firefire(m): 4:33pm On Nov 26, 2014
[size=15pt]The truth is bitter, but must be said[/size]
Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos —rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by BRAV0O(m): 4:40pm On Nov 26, 2014
Firefire:

Ohun ti emi mo daju ni wipe, Agbara Tinubu lati yii ibo ati gbogbo ogbon arumoje re patapata ni asiri re ti tu.

Afefe ti fe, ati ri furo adiye re.

Ko si ona ati ji apoti ibo ni odun 2015

AGBARA YIO BO LOWO awon to gbon ogbon ka fi eran si enu waa ti.

Awon degudu-jera, awon obaye je, awon ojelu osi.
Abba pdp bawo ? Pdp keh ? Emi o gbadun ijoba pdp rara oO atiwipe angeli ti ati mor tele ma san ju angeli ti o nbo lo , ema binu pe oshay bi owe ...

Emi ro bi wipe oye ki gbo gbo wa jo so owo po lati gba ijoba lowo pdp ni , ti pdp ba gba eko oma buru jai

1 Like

Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos —rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by Skillfullulu(m): 4:43pm On Nov 26, 2014
Baba may u live long.

1 Like

Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos —rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by chamboy(m): 4:46pm On Nov 26, 2014
In As Much, I would love a Dent in power of Tinubu in Lagos. I don't think the best way to achieve that is by Voting for PDP. Cos it might turn to an unrest here.. That's, Y I want it to come from d federal Level. I trust Buhari to dissolve it.
Sai Buhari2015
Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos —rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by donmalcolm21(m): 4:50pm On Nov 26, 2014
As a traditional ruler you are not supposed to make such comment even if you were smugggled in by Tinubu

3 Likes

Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos —rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 26, 2014
Jimi Agbaje is our next Governor.

6 Likes

Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos —rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by citizenY(m): 4:57pm On Nov 26, 2014
Firefire:

May the gods bless you, may the 200 irunmoles hear your prayers.

200 ke

..less than one polling booth!!!!

Seriously
Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos —rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by Firefire(m): 5:00pm On Nov 26, 2014
citizenY:

200 ke

..less than one polling booth!!!!

Seriously

What do you want to know ?
Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos —rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by Nobody: 5:03pm On Nov 26, 2014
chukwudi44:
Jimi Agbaje is our next Governor.

Yes...he will be your governor on internet.
Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos —rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by ratiken(m): 5:03pm On Nov 26, 2014
PDP is taking over Lagos. The chief looters of lagos treasury are already panicking.
We say no to installing toll gates on existing roads
We say no to deportation of non-lagosians
We say no mismanagement of 5.7trillion in 7.5 years and refusing to sign freedom of information to allow verification of lagos financial account
We say no to propooganda
We say no to imposition of political officers in lagos state by one man
We say no to the conversion of state infrastructures to private entitlements by the Tinubu empire
We say no to inhumane increase of LASU school fees
We say no to double and triple taxation
We say no to elite policies that are anti-masses
We say to very poor infrastructures in the non-elite parts of lagos
Lagos deserves a Change...... A former National capital cannot be left in the hands of a renowned criminal in Tinubu.
SAY NO TO APC

4 Likes

Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos —rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by SeverusSnape(m): 5:06pm On Nov 26, 2014
He may not be far from the truth, but me thinks traditional rulers should not meddle in political issues. He's an elder, he shouldn't appear partisan.
Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos —rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by Cuckoo48: 5:10pm On Nov 26, 2014
Koro will not only rattle the gates of bourdillon, he will pull it down on the 28 of February 2015. Lagosians must be free. Free to choose its leaders and free to enjoy the service from all the high taxes they pay. Monkey dey work, baboon(tinubu) dey chop.
Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos —rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by okiezman(m): 5:10pm On Nov 26, 2014
What is rilwan akiolu? undecided is he the Inec chairman of lagos state branch We don't know him here cos I schooled in.....

3 Likes

Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos —rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by TheSonOfMark(m): 5:11pm On Nov 26, 2014
Well, he said himself, "...Tinubu installed me as Oba of Lagos..."He's only being loyal. Whoever PAYS the piper...?

3 Likes

Re: PDP Will Never Rule Lagos —rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos by focus7: 5:12pm On Nov 26, 2014
chiefinalowo:

is good to wish but the king's word has over ruled your wish because "where the word of the king is there is power".

(1) (2) (Reply)

Election Results On Twitter / Wikipedia Updates Oba Of Lagos Profile / Fayose Won Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.