Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,739 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures (214782 Views)

Aregbesola Interacts With Farmers In Their Cocoa Plantation (pics) / Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* / Approximately How Much Would Start Plantain Plantation Of 1hectare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by thepo(m): 9:44am On Dec 10, 2014
nice front page material. please can you drop your number for some of us who desire to reach you on phone. i have almost 11plots of land for farming in Abeokuta as well. thanks
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by pricelessmr: 9:44am On Dec 10, 2014
Agriculture is very important in economic growth especially now that oil is loosing its strength.
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by thepo(m): 9:47am On Dec 10, 2014
OP WHY CAN'T I SEE MY COMMENTS? HAVE I BEEN BANNED OR SOMETHING? PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND WHY. THANKS
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by mgbedianya(m): 9:53am On Dec 10, 2014
please how do l get the. hybrid suckers?
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by leonard509(m): 10:03am On Dec 10, 2014
Following.
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by ashmarkakanmu: 10:57am On Dec 10, 2014
world1:

No problem
I really mean it if you are ready

Sir, I am very much interested in the offer for the land and sucker to start plantain farming.

It is something that have always want to do but for financial constraints. I even drafted business plan on it to apply for loan but request for collateral have been my greatest obstacle

Hope to hear from you..

ashmarkakanmu@gmail.com

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:02am On Dec 10, 2014
ITbomb:

I had intended to convert an oil palm plantation to plantain but people advise that the oil palm had suck up most of the nutrients in the soil and that will make the plantain stunted and low yield. Further more, It will cost so much to procure enough fertilizer that can reclaim back the land.

Is that correct? If I want to fallow the land, how long should I keep it after clearing the oil palm
Plantain and oilpalm cannot go together.please dont try it.
You can only intercrop with tomato,pepper,cassava,watermelon etc

1 Like

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by zimoni(f): 11:33am On Dec 10, 2014
hotmas911:
Yeah! Let's do this. Where are the intending farmers? Free land, free seed and free consultation. Someone is about to break free!
@World1pls dont forget the thread.

Good morning Oga Mii,

Please I have a question to ask.

I intend to set up a cocoa plantation in osun state, the land is a virgin land(forest). So I want to know how much does it cost co clear virgin land per hectare for both mechanical and manual methods.

Thanks.
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 12:15pm On Dec 10, 2014
9free:

Based on the bolded, it means that Plantain cannot thrive on the Jos Plateau.
Abi OP?
Yes.
But you can try it out
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 12:16pm On Dec 10, 2014
zimoni:

Good morning Oga Mii,

Please I have a question to ask.

I intend to set up a cocoa plantation in osun state, the land is a virgin land(forest). So I want to know how much does it cost co clear virgin land per hectare for both mechanical and manual methods.

Thanks.
Manual takes time and more expensive I can't give the price without seeing the land.
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 12:18pm On Dec 10, 2014
Lesgupnigeria:

If you clear the palm yes
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by zimoni(f): 12:20pm On Dec 10, 2014
world1:

Manual takes time and more expensive

Thank you. So, machine is better then.
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 12:33pm On Dec 10, 2014
thepo:
nice front page material. please can you drop your number for some of us who desire to reach you on phone. i have almost 11plots of land for farming in Abeokuta as well. thanks
Check my signature
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 12:34pm On Dec 10, 2014
mgbedianya:
please how do l get the. hybrid suckers?
Contact me
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by Nobody: 12:37pm On Dec 10, 2014
Nice one.
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by ITbomb(m): 1:09pm On Dec 10, 2014
Lesgupnigeria:

Not intercropping, I want to uproot all the palm trees and clear the plantation
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 1:47pm On Dec 10, 2014
ITbomb:

Not intercropping, I want to uproot all the palm trees and clear the plantation
It's possible
When you are ready I will set it up for you

Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by Dotzen: 2:42pm On Dec 10, 2014
Please can I get a cheap farm land in Ogun state?
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 4:37pm On Dec 10, 2014
Dotzen:
Please can I get a cheap farm land in Ogun state?
Not cheap bit affordable N150k per acre
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by fortunes0215(m): 4:40pm On Dec 10, 2014
world1:

Fortunately we don't charge a dime for consultation if we are setting up for you. We are trying to propagate our lovely suckers so we can buy back suckers from our networks of farm as the demand for this type of suckers is getting higher everyday.

I need suckers please.
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 4:53pm On Dec 10, 2014
fortunes0215:

I need suckers please.
OK
Call me now
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by dataclime: 6:19pm On Dec 10, 2014
Please send me your contact details. I've been researching this topic and need relevant information. climatemacdansu@justice.com
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by GodofGrace(m): 6:42pm On Dec 10, 2014
op please I'm really interested,I'm also live in Abeokuta and I'm undergraduate .my email is olayemiayedero@yahoo.com
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by ademola1333(m): 6:45pm On Dec 10, 2014
[b]GET YOUR AGRICULTURAL MACHINERY AT SHUAIB ENTERPRISES, OYO, OYO STATE.[/b]GET YOUR AGRICULTURAL MACHINERY AT SHUAIB ENTERPRISES, OYO, OYO STATE.

email: ademola1333@gmail.com
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by Nobody: 7:06pm On Dec 10, 2014
Op tnx for the info, am really interestd alrdy snt u a sms n left u a watsapp msg, wud luv to hear frm u. God bless!
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 6:49am On Dec 12, 2014
Dammyoni18:
Op tnx for the info, am really interestd alrdy snt u a sms n left u a watsapp msg, wud luv to hear frm u. God bless!
OK. Call me
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by bawelat: 3:13pm On Dec 13, 2014
world1:

Not cheap bit affordable N150k per acre
were in ogun state and how many plot in an acre what is the plot measurment.pls can u pls forward the cost/profit analysis of setting up a plantain farm to be interplant with cucumber to my e-maill pls,tanz bawelat@gmail.com
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by martin92(m): 11:18pm On Dec 14, 2014
nice
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 7:54am On Dec 15, 2014
Ok
Dammyoni18:
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 8:05am On Dec 15, 2014
bawelat:
were in ogun state and how many plot in an acre what is the plot measurment.pls can u pls forward the cost/profit analysis of setting up a plantain farm to be interplant with cucumber to my e-maill pls,tanz bawelat@gmail.com

6 plots
120/60
Contact me personally because I don't send analysis to people's email.
My number is on my signature
Re: Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures by world1(m): 2:38pm On Dec 19, 2014
Plantain is an important staple food in many developing countries, especially in Africa. It provides food security and income for small-scale farmers who represent the majority of producers. Only about 15% of the global plantain production is involved in international trade; most production is consumed domestically.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Updated Price Of Grains And Location. / Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* / Starting An Oil Palm Plantation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.