Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,924 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Pictures Of Home Made Pizza By ME #incredible Chef - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Pictures Of Home Made Pizza By ME #incredible Chef (18447 Views)

Easter: Pizza I Made / Domino's Pizza Opens Second Outlet In Ibadan / My Home Made SHARWAMA Pictures & Recipe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Home Made Pizza By ME #incredible Chef by milky3(f): 12:12am On Dec 05, 2014
Now I have an idea.... Thks a lot
Re: Pictures Of Home Made Pizza By ME #incredible Chef by Divineluv14(f): 7:27am On Dec 05, 2014
Nice
Re: Pictures Of Home Made Pizza By ME #incredible Chef by Leopantro: 10:12am On Dec 05, 2014
shoyemiayodeji:

No egg.....check the ingrededents wella you go see sugar......and milk its optional (not professional)

Thanks for the info.

Can I teach you how to make tortilla ( Shawarna bread) ?
Re: Pictures Of Home Made Pizza By ME #incredible Chef by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 05, 2014
Leopantro:

Thanks for the info.

Can I teach you how to make tortilla ( Shawarna bread) ?

Yes boss.....but I thought the shawarma bread is called PITA bread
Re: Pictures Of Home Made Pizza By ME #incredible Chef by Leopantro: 11:45am On Dec 05, 2014
shoyemiayodeji:

Yes boss.....but I thought the shawarma bread is called PITA bread

It depends on which country you are talking about.

INGREDIENTS

2 cups of flour
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp of baking powder
1 tsp of spice (anyone of your choice but I use garlic)
A sachet of blue band margarine

1 cup of warm water.

Optional : a food processor but I use my hands

NOTE
1. Keep an extra half cup of flour aside
2. You could use Olive or vegetable oil but the semi solid oil is important.
3. You also need a rolling pin and a board.

PROCEDURE
1. Mix the flour and the salt together in a bowl.
2. Add the spice of your choice into the bowl. Mix thoroughly.
3. Add the blue band margarine. Use a wooden spoon to blend it into the mixture.Keep mixing until the flour starts looking like small particles.
4. Add the water at least a quarter of the cup every time into the mixture every time. Mix the batter each time you add the water until it forms a dough like your first picture. It should not be sticky: if you press it with your finger it should indent but not stick to your finger. If it's too wet, add more flour. Let it have a consistency of a ball of fufu.
5. Place the dough in another bowl and cover for one hour for the dough to rise.
6. Using your hands, cut out balls the size of an egg. Two cups of flour should make 8 balls. Cover and leave for 10 minutes.
7. Now flour the board and the rolling pin. Place a ball on the board and roll it flat STARTING AT ALL TIMES FROM THE CENTER OF THE BALL. If you start at the edges you wouldn't get a round bread. Also, the margarine will make sure it maintains its shape after rolling but if you use oil it would shrink after rolling. Roll until it's paper thin and very big or to any size or thickness you want.
8. Heat a non stick frying pan until it's very hot. Carefully place a piece of the rolled bread in the pan.do not use oil. Let it frying, bursting the bubbles that form.when the edges starts getting brown flip it over and fry for another 30 seconds. Repeat twice and remove. Do not over fry.Repeat for others.

NB
If I want to make sharwama, I fry the bread very lightly and remove. When I re-fry at the end, the heat maintains the shape of the bread in the typical sharwama shape. The success in the bread give extra flavor. I made a press to help compress the balls of flour so I don't use a rolling pin.
If you make the bread very thin you can use it for other things. My favorite is a layer of peanut butter and jelly on top of the bread, then roll up the bread and cut into small rolls. I serve that as small chops at parties and is much more delicious than normal small chops.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Home Made Pizza By ME #incredible Chef by Fembleez1(m): 4:19pm On Dec 05, 2014
Tortilla kiss
Re: Pictures Of Home Made Pizza By ME #incredible Chef by Fembleez1(m): 4:22pm On Dec 05, 2014
OP,........what's your take on organizing "Chopped Nigeria"
wink

How would the Nigerians fare? undecided tongue cool
Re: Pictures Of Home Made Pizza By ME #incredible Chef by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 05, 2014
Fembleez1:
OP,........what's your take on organizing "Chopped Nigeria"
wink

How would the Nigerians fare? undecided tongue cool

Heheheh......its going to be CRAZY

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Home Made Pizza By ME #incredible Chef by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 05, 2014
Leopantro:

It depends on which country you are talking about.

INGREDIENTS

2 cups of flour
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp of baking powder
1 tsp of spice (anyone of your choice but I use garlic)
A sachet of blue band margarine

1 cup of warm water.

Optional : a food processor but I use my hands

NOTE
1. Keep an extra half cup of flour aside
2. You could use Olive or vegetable oil but the semi solid oil is important.
3. You also need a rolling pin and a board.

PROCEDURE
1. Mix the flour and the salt together in a bowl.
2. Add the spice of your choice into the bowl. Mix thoroughly.
3. Add the blue band margarine. Use a wooden spoon to blend it into the mixture.Keep mixing until the flour starts looking like small particles.
4. Add the water at least a quarter of the cup every time into the mixture every time. Mix the batter each time you add the water until it forms a dough like your first picture. It should not be sticky: if you press it with your finger it should indent but not stick to your finger. If it's too wet, add more flour. Let it have a consistency of a ball of fufu.
5. Place the dough in another bowl and cover for one hour for the dough to rise.
6. Using your hands, cut out balls the size of an egg. Two cups of flour should make 8 balls. Cover and leave for 10 minutes.
7. Now flour the board and the rolling pin. Place a ball on the board and roll it flat STARTING AT ALL TIMES FROM THE CENTER OF THE BALL. If you start at the edges you wouldn't get a round bread. Also, the margarine will make sure it maintains its shape after rolling but if you use oil it would shrink after rolling. Roll until it's paper thin and very big or to any size or thickness you want.
8. Heat a non stick frying pan until it's very hot. Carefully place a piece of the rolled bread in the pan.do not use oil. Let it frying, bursting the bubbles that form.when the edges starts getting brown flip it over and fry for another 30 seconds. Repeat twice and remove. Do not over fry.Repeat for others.

NB
If I want to make sharwama, I fry the bread very lightly and remove. When I re-fry at the end, the heat maintains the shape of the bread in the typical sharwama shape. The success in the bread give extra flavor. I made a press to help compress the balls of flour so I don't use a rolling pin.
If you make the bread very thin you can use it for other things. My favorite is a layer of peanut butter and jelly on top of the bread, then roll up the bread and cut into small rolls. I serve that as small chops at parties and is much more delicious than normal small chops.

Thanks boss
Re: Pictures Of Home Made Pizza By ME #incredible Chef by Harmvirus(f): 9:18pm On Dec 05, 2014
hmm...salivating
Re: Pictures Of Home Made Pizza By ME #incredible Chef by Fembleez1(m): 9:53pm On Dec 05, 2014
shoyemiayodeji:

Heheheh......its going to be CRAZY

Lol,ordinary naija got talent and all those talent shows people dey talk their life history,imagine if dem chop on chef and he start to dey cry and talk story so the judges go pity am,.............. lipsrsealed
Re: Pictures Of Home Made Pizza By ME #incredible Chef by Nobody: 10:36pm On Dec 05, 2014
Fembleez1:

Lol,ordinary naija got talent and all those talent shows people dey talk their life history,imagine if dem chop on chef and he start to dey cry and talk story so the judges go pity am,.............. lipsrsealed

grin
Fembleez1:

Hehehe

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Home Made Pizza By ME #incredible Chef by nwaobitex: 1:07pm On Dec 06, 2014
yummy
Re: Pictures Of Home Made Pizza By ME #incredible Chef by obontami: 7:22pm On Jul 23, 2016
Crazysaint what's happening breh grin
Re: Pictures Of Home Made Pizza By ME #incredible Chef by esxty(f): 10:24am On Jul 25, 2016
shoyemiayodeji:
ENJOY
pls,i am planin on going to a catering school. I want to know if catering schools are classified or they teach dsame tin
Re: Pictures Of Home Made Pizza By ME #incredible Chef by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 25, 2016
esxty:

pls,i am planin on going to a catering school. I want to know if catering schools are classified or they teach dsame tin

Catering school........culinary school

Two different world.
Re: Pictures Of Home Made Pizza By ME #incredible Chef by MufasaLion: 2:40pm On Mar 03, 2022
DebhariJones:
I'm so gonna try this when I get home.
Thanx OP.....U're d bomb kiss

Where's the pizza now?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PONMO (COW SKIN) - What You Need To Know. / What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? / Xmas Xtra.. Some Guys Cant Kill A fowl Come And Confess If You Cant :D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.