Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

GT Bank Becomes First Nigerian Bank To Join Black Friday - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GT Bank Becomes First Nigerian Bank To Join Black Friday (3670 Views)

Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account / BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man / First Bank To Shut Operations For 5 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GT Bank Becomes First Nigerian Bank To Join Black Friday by Orikinla(m): 6:43pm On Nov 26, 2014
Guaranty Trust Bank is the first Nigerian bank to join the so called Black Friday shopping spree most common in America. And GT Bank may attract more shoppers than Jumia, Konga and other online stores, because of the guaranty of secure financial transactions and giving Nigerians the opportunity to shop on Amazon and other international online shops and have their good delivered to them in Nigeria.

According to Wikipedia:
Black Friday is the Friday following Thanksgiving Day in the United States (the fourth Thursday of November), often regarded as the beginning of the Christmas shopping season. In recent years, most major retailers have opened very early and offered promotional sales to kick off the holiday shopping season, similar to Boxing Day sales in many Commonwealth nations.
~ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Friday_%28shopping%29

Re: GT Bank Becomes First Nigerian Bank To Join Black Friday by holatin(m): 6:55pm On Nov 26, 2014
is black Friday a good thing cus d only thing I love about black is black race,, d others is no no

1 Like

Re: GT Bank Becomes First Nigerian Bank To Join Black Friday by onatisi(m): 7:57pm On Nov 26, 2014
Nigerian banks are really stepping up.
Re: GT Bank Becomes First Nigerian Bank To Join Black Friday by 2legit2qwt: 8:54pm On Nov 26, 2014
Sweet! Since we now have most of the foreign holidays. Are we gonna be having July 4th holiday deals soon as well? undecided

Confused nation!

7 Likes

Re: GT Bank Becomes First Nigerian Bank To Join Black Friday by onatisi(m): 9:37pm On Nov 26, 2014
2legit2qwt:
Sweet! Since we now have most of the foreign holidays. Are we gonna be having a July 4th holiday deals soon as well? undecided

Confused nation!
you don't get it . This is business ,the bank is not going on holidays ,what the bank is saying is you can now use their banking services and products to buy from the usa to nigeria. They are simply making money. So the bank is now acting as a middle man,u get money on ur card in nigeria and you buy from amazon or ebay to nigeria .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: GT Bank Becomes First Nigerian Bank To Join Black Friday by Youngzedd(m): 9:43pm On Nov 26, 2014
They didn't join anything, black Friday is known for discount, but GTBank didn't give any discount for shopping with their card.

Try shopping with the card and see wonders (Exchange rate).

7 Likes

Re: GT Bank Becomes First Nigerian Bank To Join Black Friday by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 26, 2014
With the high exchange rate, this Black Friday go be as e get.

6 Likes

Re: GT Bank Becomes First Nigerian Bank To Join Black Friday by aboyaji(m): 10:00pm On Nov 26, 2014
i am shopping my cart to brim

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GT Bank Becomes First Nigerian Bank To Join Black Friday by 2legit2qwt: 10:15pm On Nov 26, 2014
onatisi:
you don't get it . This is business ,the bank is not going on holidays ,what the bank is saying is you can now use their banking services and products to buy from the usa to nigeria. They are simply making money. So the bank is now acting as a middle man,u get money on ur card in nigeria and you buy from amazon or ebay to nigeria .

Uhm yeah i do. Why does it have to be black Friday though? I'm not sure an American bank will tag any of their sales activities after a traditionally known Nigerian event.

There's something called national pride undecided
Re: GT Bank Becomes First Nigerian Bank To Join Black Friday by moshoodn(m): 10:19pm On Nov 26, 2014
UBA is also on point as per Black Friday.
Re: GT Bank Becomes First Nigerian Bank To Join Black Friday by warrenweste(m): 12:23am On Nov 27, 2014
with angrytheir crazy 184 exchange rate

2 Likes

Re: GT Bank Becomes First Nigerian Bank To Join Black Friday by DoroMega: 12:55am On Nov 27, 2014
Konga Yakata has started oh, your Gtb card will be useful here. You can get more info at http://www.doromega.com/2014/11/konga-yakata-black-friday-deals.html
Re: GT Bank Becomes First Nigerian Bank To Join Black Friday by Nobody: 2:36am On Nov 27, 2014
It's cool for some people...but I wouldn't be caught dead shopping on black friday. grin
Re: GT Bank Becomes First Nigerian Bank To Join Black Friday by onatisi(m): 5:29am On Nov 27, 2014
2legit2qwt:

Uhm yeah i do. Why does it have to be black Friday though? I'm not sure an American bank will tag any of their sales activities after a traditionally known Nigerian event.

gtb didn't tag any of their days black friday,they just want u to use their cards .there is nothing national pride in this ,even the cards you and many others worldwide will be using to buy are from us coompanies eg visa and master.so what is the national pride stuff here. Let nigeria too create an event or sales like this and see if people worldwide won't tap into the business opportunity in it. The chinese too have their own.

2 Likes

Re: GT Bank Becomes First Nigerian Bank To Join Black Friday by fr3do(m): 8:06am On Nov 27, 2014
Yakata or awuf, sounds more original, not black friday.
Re: GT Bank Becomes First Nigerian Bank To Join Black Friday by onatisi(m): 8:12am On Nov 27, 2014
fr3do:
Yakata or awuf, sounds more original, not black friday.
if they call it yakata or awuf ,how will u know it is black friday they are refering to ?
Re: GT Bank Becomes First Nigerian Bank To Join Black Friday by dejt4u(m): 10:19am On Nov 27, 2014
Re: GT Bank Becomes First Nigerian Bank To Join Black Friday by fr3do(m): 10:36am On Nov 27, 2014
onatisi:
if they call it yakata or awuf ,how will u know it is black friday they are refering to ?

this time of the year is quite unique, it is the closest time to christmas with the least end-of-year inflation. Americans noticed it and called it black friday, we can notice it and call it yakata.
Re: GT Bank Becomes First Nigerian Bank To Join Black Friday by onatisi(m): 11:01am On Nov 27, 2014
fr3do:

this time of the year is quite unique, it is the closest time to christmas with the least end-of-year inflation. Americans noticed it and called it black friday, we can notice it and call it yakata.
ok good. Yakata for what? Which goods? Nigerian made goods?where are the goods? I want u to know that u have a fantastic idea and we are rubbing minds and I can assure u that there is a good business opportunity in what you are saying .
Re: GT Bank Becomes First Nigerian Bank To Join Black Friday by Orikinla(m): 12:11pm On Nov 27, 2014
kanyeimpossible:
[url=56hdehydyyd..com]WATCH THE VIDEO HERE[/url]
What has Tonto Dikeh's video got to do with Black Friday?
Are you her errand boy?
Stop spamming this topic, except you are re-tarded.
Re: GT Bank Becomes First Nigerian Bank To Join Black Friday by okonja(m): 5:34pm On Nov 27, 2014
Orikinla:
Guaranty Trust Bank is the first Nigerian bank to join the so called Black Friday shopping spree most common in America. And GT Bank may attract more shoppers than Jumia, Konga and other online stores, because of the guaranty of secure financial transactions and giving Nigerians the opportunity to shop on Amazon and other international online shops and have their good delivered to them in Nigeria.

What If I say you are leing?....

See the image below

Re: GT Bank Becomes First Nigerian Bank To Join Black Friday by EMEzzy(m): 7:18pm On Nov 27, 2014
2legit2qwt:

bruhh! FYI it is also observed by other countries apart from the US, does it mean they don't have national pride undecided

1 Like

Re: GT Bank Becomes First Nigerian Bank To Join Black Friday by internetpo(m): 9:23pm On Nov 27, 2014
2legit2qwt:
Sweet! Since we now have most of the foreign holidays. Are we gonna be having July 4th holiday deals soon as well? undecided

Confused nation!
grin grin grin Makingn reel with lafter. No mind us o. We like to import cultures.

(1) (Reply)

Business: Did You Know? / Own A Digital Service Resseller Website, Make $800 Monthly Perfect For Bignners / Ngn 400k To Invest And Im Having Issues Deciding The Best Investment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.