Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

Naira Cards To Be Disabled For International Use From Jan 1st, 2016? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Cards To Be Disabled For International Use From Jan 1st, 2016? (3665 Views)

Fidelity Bank Raises International Spend Limit On Naira Cards / What Bank Naira Cards Are Currently Working? / CBN Ban On Naira Cards: How To Make Foreign Payments. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira Cards To Be Disabled For International Use From Jan 1st, 2016? by ChuzzyBlog: 10:44pm On Dec 18, 2015
Madness! This had better be a sick joke. You cannot begin to imagine the image problem this will cost Nigerian businesses. What the hell is this??

http://www.chuzzysblog.com/2015/12/naira-cards-to-be-disabled-from.html

lalasticlala

Re: Naira Cards To Be Disabled For International Use From Jan 1st, 2016? by ChuzzyBlog: 10:44pm On Dec 18, 2015
angry angry
Re: Naira Cards To Be Disabled For International Use From Jan 1st, 2016? by godwinkessi: 10:46pm On Dec 18, 2015
Sai Buhari. I love my presido

1 Like

Re: Naira Cards To Be Disabled For International Use From Jan 1st, 2016? by idupaul: 10:47pm On Dec 18, 2015
This is the change I and many others voted for so I can't shout

1 Like

Re: Naira Cards To Be Disabled For International Use From Jan 1st, 2016? by Ezenwammadu(m): 10:50pm On Dec 18, 2015
All on the name of this scammish Shame

1 Like

Re: Naira Cards To Be Disabled For International Use From Jan 1st, 2016? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Dec 18, 2015
O Lord!
Kill Emefiele before Jan 1st.
He is destroying nigeria Economy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Cards To Be Disabled For International Use From Jan 1st, 2016? by fistonati(m): 10:53pm On Dec 18, 2015
limited in d market abi, but bountiful in d politicians house

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Cards To Be Disabled For International Use From Jan 1st, 2016? by bigtt76(f): 11:20pm On Dec 18, 2015
CBN Denial of Service Attack grin
Re: Naira Cards To Be Disabled For International Use From Jan 1st, 2016? by Nobody: 12:46am On Dec 19, 2015
Kk e no consine me.. I kuku broke die
Re: Naira Cards To Be Disabled For International Use From Jan 1st, 2016? by tunshe: 1:35am On Dec 19, 2015
So what's the essence of the BVN? I had to travel from Massachusetts to Washington DC,paid 45 dollars to get it done and now the card will be rendered useless.

This must be a joke! cry

1 Like

Re: Naira Cards To Be Disabled For International Use From Jan 1st, 2016? by iamrashyy: 1:39am On Dec 19, 2015
The only message I got from my bank(UBA) was "Dear customer,only full KYC prepaid cards can now be used for international txns.Pls upgrade your card @ any UBA business office or email...................."

1 Like

Re: Naira Cards To Be Disabled For International Use From Jan 1st, 2016? by tomakint: 1:45am On Dec 19, 2015
This is pure rubbish from a rubbish government.....of what benefit is this to the gradual decline of our economy.
Re: Naira Cards To Be Disabled For International Use From Jan 1st, 2016? by Nobody: 1:53am On Dec 19, 2015
Buhari is a curse to Nigeria. Until the people realise this Nigeria will keep going down. Before now many students oversea could use their cards to fund their education without the rigours of parent running up and down to make forex transfers. As of now, you can only withdraw $100 and be charged $3 for every withdrawal. I know GT has a Ghana branch, if you can just open GT Ghana and leave Buhari with his archaic policies. You may be able to transfer funds into your GT Ghana account and draw forex. Just find out. All those calling Emefiele are confused. Emefiele us only doing Buhari's bidding. If I am in his shoes. I would have resigned.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Cards To Be Disabled For International Use From Jan 1st, 2016? by Ups01(m): 1:57am On Dec 19, 2015
I haven't got any of that piece of shi-t from GTB, i hope it turns out untrue, if not ....
Re: Naira Cards To Be Disabled For International Use From Jan 1st, 2016? by Trut(m): 3:11am On Dec 19, 2015
ONE CHANCE GOVERNMENT.

He is the text my guy received from UBA;

"Please note that ATM withdrawals are currently not enabled in Asia and the rest of Africa. However, you can spend up to $25,000 per annum on the Web & POS."

2 Likes

Re: Naira Cards To Be Disabled For International Use From Jan 1st, 2016? by magicminister: 3:25am On Dec 19, 2015
Bro, thisnis serious.
I haven't been able to get travel allowance for a while.
I had to buy dollars at 280 today.
If this card thing is true, then I am afraid I will have to withdraw all my money, convert it to dollars and move it to my us bank account.

If alot of nigerians do this, the banking sector would take a massive hit. That would be our way of protesting.
Re: Naira Cards To Be Disabled For International Use From Jan 1st, 2016? by acadollar(m): 3:42am On Dec 19, 2015
magicminister:
Bro, thisnis serious.
I haven't been able to get travel allowance for a while.
I had to buy dollars at 280 today.
If this card thing is true, then I am afraid I will have to withdraw all my money, convert it to dollars and move it to my us bank account.

If alot of nigerians do this, the banking sector would take a massive hit. That would be our way of protesting.
If you have Visa, go to airport bureau d change and let them know know ure travelling, they will givenu CBN rate.
Or you PM me for more info if ure in lagos

2 Likes

Re: Naira Cards To Be Disabled For International Use From Jan 1st, 2016? by CoCoLav(f): 3:45am On Dec 19, 2015
Time to withdraw all my money
I can't shout

1 Like

Re: Naira Cards To Be Disabled For International Use From Jan 1st, 2016? by braine(m): 3:59am On Dec 19, 2015
idupaul:
This is the change I and many others voted for so I can't shout

I don't understand how this is good. I'd like you to explain please.

1 Like

Re: Naira Cards To Be Disabled For International Use From Jan 1st, 2016? by Elparaiso(m): 4:07am On Dec 19, 2015
What kind of wahala is this one?
You cannot just make decisions without checking who it affects....
What about those who buy stuff online?
Pay school fees online?
Support their children?

Forget political bias, I am tired of these wicked decisions...

I regret putting Buhari in a position of power...

2 Likes

Re: Naira Cards To Be Disabled For International Use From Jan 1st, 2016? by Elparaiso(m): 4:11am On Dec 19, 2015
Re: Naira Cards To Be Disabled For International Use From Jan 1st, 2016? by rebranded(m): 5:02am On Dec 19, 2015
Why are alot of diaspora people talking like they dont understand the effect of fallen oil prices on Nigeria

Uncle Jonah had spent all our USD that could have protected us now, this is not totally Buhari's fault. Even tho Buhari could have constituted an economic team faster not much they would have done either than probably borrow some money.

FGN needs Soludo..within 3-6months you will see dollar going below 185 if soludo is heading CBN again

1 Like

Re: Naira Cards To Be Disabled For International Use From Jan 1st, 2016? by africanman85: 11:51am On Dec 19, 2015
Una don see am na. sai buhari sai buhari. If u vote buhari and still complaining about all this things, thunder go fire u.

1 Like

Re: Naira Cards To Be Disabled For International Use From Jan 1st, 2016? by Snwokenk: 2:54pm On Dec 19, 2015
Xetima:
Buhari is a curse to Nigeria. Until the people realise this Nigeria will keep going down. Before now many students oversea could use their cards to fund their education without the rigours of parent running up and down to make forex transfers. As of now, you can only withdraw $100 and be charged $3 for every withdrawal. I know GT has a Ghana branch, if you can just open GT Ghana and leave Buhari with his archaic policies. You may be able to transfer funds into your GT Ghana account and draw forex. Just find out. All those calling Emefiele are confused. Emefiele us only doing Buhari's bidding. If I am in his shoes. I would have resigned.

Exactly how I feel. If I was in Emefiele's shoes, I would resign. It is better to resign that associate my name to such dull and stupid policies.

Look at argentina which had currency controls for years and is just now removing this controls.
Nigeria is in for something
Re: Naira Cards To Be Disabled For International Use From Jan 1st, 2016? by deloon(m): 3:00pm On Dec 19, 2015
I couldn't withdraw with my GTB MasterCard in Dubai today and word on the streets is that people have not been able to withdraw nor pay via POS in the past three days.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can Ecobank Mastercard Be Used For Online Transactions? / CBN Releases $2.8bn To Manufacturers, Others In Two Months / Where Can I Sell Diamond In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.