Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Eight Bad Sides Of An African Man You Probably Don't Know - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Eight Bad Sides Of An African Man You Probably Don't Know (24060 Views)

Prince Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi: Things You Don't Know About The New Ooni Of Ife / Opinion: Personalities Of An HAUSA/IGBO/YORUBA Man(the Good And Bad Sides) / Eight Bad Sides Of A White Man You Probably Don't Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eight Bad Sides Of An African Man You Probably Don't Know by starlingbawa(m): 11:36pm On Dec 01, 2014
SuperMartins:
This thread should be brought down..its a white guy behind this thread .... Seun do smtin abt these racist

I don't see why the thread should be brought down when most of the content is indeed true!

5 Likes

Re: Eight Bad Sides Of An African Man You Probably Don't Know by starlingbawa(m): 11:38pm On Dec 01, 2014
Mrkuvuki:
OP u lie ....none of these is true

Very true indeed!
Re: Eight Bad Sides Of An African Man You Probably Don't Know by Nobody: 11:39pm On Dec 01, 2014
U dey yabb us nd u still wnt make we comment?? Anyways a typical Africa man likes *JUJU* veri well... (U sure say no be juju u take make FP)
Re: Eight Bad Sides Of An African Man You Probably Don't Know by maajin007(m): 11:39pm On Dec 01, 2014
emusmith:
Of an African man?

If you are implying that white men are opposite of these, then I guess you're an Amateur.

Black African men are bold people.

In years gone, our great grand fathers "toasted" their women and got them what they love most, a Home!

The whites you envy can't even make a home!

Our fathers didn't die with this inherent trait in them, they passed the barton over to us...

Lemmie analyse your points:

1. Feels threatened? It is inherent in every living thing to feel threatened before another displaying competency.

2. You're wrong, palpably! The word "Low Self Esteem" and "disgusting Ego" is a borrowed word. The inventors of that word are whites! They know better!
More so, their teens are commiting suicides in their thousands because of this. How many black man you know wey don commit suicide?

3. Feminine matters like Ironically, the opposite is true... What do you know about feminine matters? What have you read about it?

4. Ta!!! Clueless?
Who is more clueless than most women?
FYI, Keshi is not clueless! Do you know his records? His worth?

In the next 10 years, do you see a woman leading even the Female side? Talk less of super eagles?

5. Were you speaking English there?

6. In case you're speaking from the husband and wife angle, men are naturally egoistic just like women are naturally born talkers! If he apologizes, you'll say, he is weak.
That shows how clueless some women are. They don't know what they want.

7. Comfort zone is a disgusting place to lay your tents.
"Managing" means he is aspiring to be better. (I don't use that word though). He tells you he is comfortable and you tell him to get you a new phone or perhaps alter your drawer.

8. This just reveal your inferiority complex. Leadership is not gender oriented. If you have the right mindset, every guy will love to work under you.
My best team leaders are females (with values and knowledge)
With the many empty-headed females we have around, how can a knowledgeable young man subscribe to following them?
Are people not gladly following Ngozi Iweala?

Look around NL, they're just a handful of females here whom some guys are ready to follow (if NL were a company) because they have the STUFF! Knowledge not Cosmetics and Facial Beauty alone!

Don't make a conclusion based on your own experiences.
It is HAZARDOUS!

May God bless you; some ppl go just wake up dey write things down base on their myopic thought
Re: Eight Bad Sides Of An African Man You Probably Don't Know by Swiftlee(m): 11:41pm On Dec 01, 2014
What is good for the turkie is good for the shiken..two of them go eat am.. Check out bad sides of whites here ..https://www.nairaland.com/2024576/eight-bad-sides-white-man
Re: Eight Bad Sides Of An African Man You Probably Don't Know by Nobody: 12:08am On Dec 02, 2014
MegMich:
A typical African man has the following bad attributes:

1-feels threatened in the presence of a competent lady

2-has a low self esteem with a disgusting ego.

3-tags himself rare when it comes feminine matters! after all the ratio of male to female is still 1:5

4-likes to sit on top of matters even when he is clueless and sooooo wrong. Keshi a typical example.

5-thinks he is wiser than the white man. See them slaving their loved ones in exchange for mirror or thinking they can survive and surpass the white man in virtually every thing.

6-rarely accepts he is wrong. Will rather give one thousand and one excuses to ascertain this claim.

7-will never believe he is at least comfortable. He is always managing perhaps for years.

8-will never accept a female leader. Who born you?

Add yours joor....
E be like say sometin wen strong pass u don dey worry u for head! no be man u be? Kolo don relocate go ur side be dat. Make dose wey get u come carry u go yaba left, cos ur matter don pass wetin aladura fit cure.
Re: Eight Bad Sides Of An African Man You Probably Don't Know by kandiikane(m): 12:54am On Dec 02, 2014
This is the gospel truth! I mean, it's not all but majority are exactly the way op described them to be. The truth must be accepted for change to happen. Fine, the white man is not better than you but they have achieved more than you and are so advanced that it will take yeaaaaars to catch up. Funny thing is, they managed to enslave you and use your resources for their own land right under your noses without you doing jack shyt. All you know how to do is talk big, frustrate your women and vent online whilst licking the whiteman'a azz in real life.

If a whiteman was to go naija right now, majority of the people denying the op's topic would be the same ones breaking their necks just to please him.

2 Likes

Re: Eight Bad Sides Of An African Man You Probably Don't Know by Nobody: 1:06am On Dec 02, 2014
Rubbish!
Re: Eight Bad Sides Of An African Man You Probably Don't Know by Nobody: 1:34am On Dec 02, 2014
MegMich:

3-tags himself rare when it comes feminine matters! after all the ratio of male to female is still 1:5

4-likes to sit on top of matters even when he is clueless and sooooo wrong. Keshi a typical example.

5-thinks he is wiser than the white man. See them slaving their loved ones in exchange for mirror or thinking they can survive and surpass the white man in virtually every thing.

6-rarely accepts he is wrong. Will rather give one thousand and one excuses to ascertain this claim.

7-will never believe he is at least comfortable. He is always managing perhaps for years.

Add yours joor....

A typical white man has the following bad attributes:
Kill millions of people to steal their land
feel threaten in the presence of a black man
born and raise to hate people
ra.p.e and molest their children
travel to poor countries to have sex with underage kids
start war and kill more people
r..ape, lynched, hang, castrate, bury alive, enslaved their fellow humans

add yours
Re: Eight Bad Sides Of An African Man You Probably Don't Know by Nobody: 1:36am On Dec 02, 2014
kandiikane:
This is the gospel truth! I mean, it's not all but majority are exactly the way op described them to be. The truth must be accepted for change to happen. Fine, the white man is not better than you but they have achieved more than you and are so advanced that it will take yeaaaaars to catch up. Funny thing is, they managed to enslave you and use your resources for their own land right under your noses without you doing jack shyt. All you know how to do is talk big, frustrate your women and vent online whilst licking the whiteman'a azz in real life.

If a whiteman was to go naija right now, majority of the people denying the op's topic would be the same ones breaking their necks just to please him.

tell me one black man or african man you see licking the white mans a..s.s? if they love the white man, why scam them without feeling any guilt? you sir is dumb

1 Like

Re: Eight Bad Sides Of An African Man You Probably Don't Know by Nobody: 1:47am On Dec 02, 2014
koyyes:

On point op. Not many people will agree with you which brings us to another attribute of the black man-A typical Black man lacks sense of truth. And will always be ready to blame the women folk for the woes of this continent. A typical example: A frustrated illiterate man was randomly asked by a journalist on what he thinks is the cause of the crises in Nigeria. His answer was that women are the cause because they put on trousers and so God is angry that we allowed it to become a norm. That's a typical black man for you.

how about my white friend that said the entire Africa is a country? or a female that said aids is black people only disease until she was diagnosed with the virus? i know to you that is good knowledge. an illiterate is an illiterate whether African or westerner.
Re: Eight Bad Sides Of An African Man You Probably Don't Know by jewel4Hiscrown: 2:13am On Dec 02, 2014
MegMich:

Add yours joor....

Wow... how can you bash African men like this? I actually had to double-check your gender. smiley

Which African men do I know, then? I'm having such trouble agreeing with your list. I'm also really tired of hearing people bash men when there are very many good man out there. Permit me to give credit where it is due.

The typical African man that I know has no problem holding his own even among the most competent/educated/enlightened/affluent/etc of ladies. He is confident and suave. He feels no need to prove that he knows what he knows. He actually has an assured calmness that feels neither rushed nor pressured to prove anything at all whether financial or intellectual. You won't find this man in a shouting match with a woman who is trying to prove that female > male or whatever.

He is diligent and considerate of the next generation. I remember one man telling me recently, "I can tell you that my wife is the only woman I have slept with in the 20 years since I have been married to her. As much as the opportunity always presents itself, I will not cheat because I know that the effects will not end with me - it will affect my children and their children." Of course I don't know for sure how true this is, only God does, but I trust that he was being honest.

The typical African man that I know sees people of all races simply as people and is not threatened by anyone's complexion or social status. He is willing to learn. He might have serious trouble apologizing or admitting he is wrong (not always) but (where this is the case) he will find ways to demonstrate that he is sorry... as African women we just learn to read the signs.

Not sure what you mean by he is always managing, do you mean even when he is rich he says he is managing?

As for female leader, the typical African man I know has no problem with females playing their roles in the right contexts. A female boss is a leader; the typical African man does not seem to have a problem with her. However, he is a visionary, aware of his calling as a protector and provider and will not - and should not! - be led in his own home.

Definitely not devoid of weaknesses, but well aware of them and unashamed to be working to improve them. In my experience. the man you have described in your post is the exception, not the rule.

Maybe I am in a zone.
Re: Eight Bad Sides Of An African Man You Probably Don't Know by bigx(m): 2:30am On Dec 02, 2014
Silly Generalisation. Should be in jokes section
Re: Eight Bad Sides Of An African Man You Probably Don't Know by BrAkingNews: 2:48am On Dec 02, 2014
LMAOOOO

Female Suicide Bomber Arrested In Kano >>> http://www..com/female-suicide-bomber-arrested-in-kano/
Re: Eight Bad Sides Of An African Man You Probably Don't Know by loomer: 2:56am On Dec 02, 2014
So if u are a Nigerian or Kenyan without any of these stupid things u listed, those that mean u a not an African, or a typical African?
Re: Eight Bad Sides Of An African Man You Probably Don't Know by bamidbamid: 3:34am On Dec 02, 2014
emusmith:
Of an African man?

If you are implying that white men are opposite of these, then I guess you're an Amateur.

Black African men are bold people.

In years gone, our great grand fathers "toasted" their women and got them what they love most, a Home!

The whites you envy can't even make a home!

Our fathers didn't die with this inherent trait in them, they passed the barton over to us...

Lemmie analyse your points:

1. Feels threatened? It is inherent in every living thing to feel threatened before another displaying competency.

2. You're wrong, palpably! The word "Low Self Esteem" and "disgusting Ego" is a borrowed word. The inventors of that word are whites! They know better!
More so, their teens are commiting suicides in their thousands because of this. How many black man you know wey don commit suicide?

3. Feminine matters like Ironically, the opposite is true... What do you know about feminine matters? What have you read about it?

4. Ta!!! Clueless?
Who is more clueless than most women?
FYI, Keshi is not clueless! Do you know his records? His worth?

In the next 10 years, do you see a woman leading even the Female side? Talk less of super eagles?

5. Were you speaking English there?

6. In case you're speaking from the husband and wife angle, men are naturally egoistic just like women are naturally born talkers! If he apologizes, you'll say, he is weak.
That shows how clueless some women are. They don't know what they want.

7. Comfort zone is a disgusting place to lay your tents.
"Managing" means he is aspiring to be better. (I don't use that word though). He tells you he is comfortable and you tell him to get you a new phone or perhaps alter your drawer.

8. This just reveal your inferiority complex. Leadership is not gender oriented. If you have the right mindset, every guy will love to work under you.
My best team leaders are females (with values and knowledge)
With the many empty-headed females we have around, how can a knowledgeable young man subscribe to following them?
Are people not gladly following Ngozi Iweala?

Look around NL, they're just a handful of females here whom some guys are ready to follow (if NL were a company) because they have the STUFF! Knowledge not Cosmetics and Facial Beauty alone!

Don't make a conclusion based on your own experiences.
It is HAZARDOUS!

Ur write up as just accentuated no 6 on d thread.. we (blacks/Africans) never accept realities and try to improve instead we wld rather conjure up counter criticisms like u av just done.
pls dont just try to tell me dat we are better than those white fellows or else I will ask u to compare just a common indices of governance.
Lastly, both races have their shortcomings but OURS is More
Re: Eight Bad Sides Of An African Man You Probably Don't Know by Truckpusher(m): 4:10am On Dec 02, 2014
MegMich:

Add yours joor....
Crap
Re: Eight Bad Sides Of An African Man You Probably Don't Know by bamidbamid: 4:24am On Dec 02, 2014
arobest10:
African man ar wiser than white man and dia is no limit to what we can be in this life, OBAMA US president was product of Africa, am proud to be an African. I LOVE AFRICA, GOD BLESS AFRICA
Am sure u haven't stepped out of dis country b4 let alone Africa, if not u won't b blabbing. .(prophet FELA , described ur type as "suffering and smiling, SS..)
If U think u are wiser dan they ar because u scam them, Den u are dumb..the laptop and every other thing in dat ur room ar their inventions. . U only get at dem most times, because of their attributes of being honest and straight forward. ( u think and act d way u do because of poverty).
If u also think that africa is d best then why are u celebrating Obama as d first president of a white country? the reverse ought to be d case.
Lastly, pls weneva u av got some time and some spare money, pls try and take a trip to South Africa here in Africa , and see wat the white man has done for a black country.. (abeg arrange ur home wella b4 u go o, because SS like u no go one come back again). May be by then, u wld av realized that d black man has a long way to go.
Re: Eight Bad Sides Of An African Man You Probably Don't Know by Missy89(f): 4:30am On Dec 02, 2014
So true.
Re: Eight Bad Sides Of An African Man You Probably Don't Know by Ahmeduana(m): 5:31am On Dec 02, 2014
holatin:
Like if you think the op suppose to be abort before been born.
I rep africa
I DON LIKE YOUR COMMENT ALREADY BUT MAKE I COMMENT UPON YOUR COMMENT, you see that guy for up there suppose to be wasted semens, you see that that guy suppose be born throwey! Ko ba haka ba?
Re: Eight Bad Sides Of An African Man You Probably Don't Know by InvertedHammer: 5:55am On Dec 02, 2014
MegMich:

Add yours joor....

/
Only God knows the issues you have with your father. It is sad that these are the qualities you found in him as a typical African man.

Counseling may be?

\
Re: Eight Bad Sides Of An African Man You Probably Don't Know by holatin(m): 6:17am On Dec 02, 2014
Ahmeduana:

I DON LIKE YOUR COMMENT ALREADY BUT MAKE I COMMENT UPON YOUR COMMENT, you see that guy for up there suppose to be wasted semens, you see that that guy suppose be born throwey! Ko ba haka ba?
hahahahaha you killed me with ur comment
Re: Eight Bad Sides Of An African Man You Probably Don't Know by holatin(m): 6:27am On Dec 02, 2014
PerfectlyPerfect:

"Like" if you think i am a fool
liked
Re: Eight Bad Sides Of An African Man You Probably Don't Know by illicit(m): 6:41am On Dec 02, 2014
OP u r a bagga!
Re: Eight Bad Sides Of An African Man You Probably Don't Know by Nobody: 7:33am On Dec 02, 2014
starlingbawa:

I don't see why the thread should be brought down when most of the content is indeed true!
Aii bro.. Ur opinion could differ from mine..its all good..Morning
Re: Eight Bad Sides Of An African Man You Probably Don't Know by Nobody: 7:35am On Dec 02, 2014
bamidbamid:

Ur write up as just accentuated no 6 on d thread.. we (blacks/Africans) never accept realities and try to improve instead we wld rather conjure up counter criticisms like u av just done.
pls dont just try to tell me dat we are better than those white fellows or else I will ask u to compare just a common indices of governance.
Lastly, both races have their shortcomings but OURS is More

Whoever is behind this moniker KNOWS NOTHING about black history and of course the black race.

Please, don't be using the word "We". You're not one of us!

Your points are obsolete and invalid!

The whites are not any better than us.

I HAVE A DREAM THAT MY FOUR LITTLE GIRLS WILL BE JUDGED NOT BY THE COLOUR OF THEIR SKIN BUT BY THE CONTENTS OF THEIR CHARACTER!

Don't take us back, damn you!

Don't limit us!

We are as good as anyone else!

#spits on the thread#

1 Like

Re: Eight Bad Sides Of An African Man You Probably Don't Know by Jyde89: 8:18am On Dec 02, 2014
Marvyx:
9. Can kill his own blood for money.
10. A white woman can wake up one morning, shoot her husband, the girl he was cheating with, her dog and herself while a black woman will dwindle her husband's business, be drinking her children's blood in the coven at night and still be carrying her children to hospitals and pastors looking for help.
Still proud to be a black #
reason why weed shouldn't be mixed with coffee early in the morning.
Re: Eight Bad Sides Of An African Man You Probably Don't Know by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 02, 2014
pweedyuz:
even tho i agree dat dis thread shuld b brought down,,,,but dat no 7 is sooooo true.

Lol. grin
Re: Eight Bad Sides Of An African Man You Probably Don't Know by jantavanta(m): 8:35am On Dec 02, 2014
How many African men are serial killers being hunted for? Jack the Ripper?

How many African men are cross-dressers (wearing women's panties) ?

How many African men are she-males (transvestites)?

How many African men are against the present finance minister being a woman? Has a woman ever occupied such a position in the U.S.A. ?

When did African men enter suicide bombing?

1 Like

Re: Eight Bad Sides Of An African Man You Probably Don't Know by Consultville(m): 10:15am On Dec 02, 2014
Well, the OP is just been too centric
Re: Eight Bad Sides Of An African Man You Probably Don't Know by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 10:26am On Dec 02, 2014
Fck you op moronic bast@rd

Okay we are less intelligent than your white masters..do you feel better and less threatened?
Dummy

Thunder fire whoever brought this trash to the FP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Omabe Masquerade Festival In Enugu Ezike, A Nairalander's Village (Photos) / Why Do Nigeria Men Prefer Male Child To Female Child / African Languages And Cultures Need To Be Eliminated As Soon As Possible.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.