Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,236 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Dwindling Revenue From Oil Could Crash Nigeria's Democracy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dwindling Revenue From Oil Could Crash Nigeria's Democracy (571 Views)

Oil Crash: Nigeria Producing At $5 Per Barrel Loss / Continued Detention Of Metuh, Unhealthy For Nigeria’s Democracy – Ekweremadu / Dwindling Revenue: FG, States, Lgs Share N422.6bn August Allocation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dwindling Revenue From Oil Could Crash Nigeria's Democracy by Kei144(m): 5:50am On Nov 27, 2014
With the rapid fall in oil price, will Nigeria be able to fund its democratic government, given the high cost of governance? The high cost of governance is caused mainly by corruption. Every recommendation made in the past towards reducing high cost of governance was ignored. Now, with the way the world economy is going, big crisis is sure to come.
Re: Dwindling Revenue From Oil Could Crash Nigeria's Democracy by ramdris(m): 6:12am On Nov 27, 2014
Okay let's see between boko haram, low petroleum price and Politicians who will break up the country first.
Re: Dwindling Revenue From Oil Could Crash Nigeria's Democracy by Orunto: 6:55am On Nov 27, 2014
Bokoharam is the issue. Stop it today, the oil price will go up.
Re: Dwindling Revenue From Oil Could Crash Nigeria's Democracy by focus7: 7:12am On Nov 27, 2014
Op in my opinion, the way I see the situation will go is that this heartless government will make the poor masses to bear the brunt. They may come down hard on the people with all sort of unbearable levies just to satisfy their greed.
Re: Dwindling Revenue From Oil Could Crash Nigeria's Democracy by Kei144(m): 11:24am On Nov 27, 2014
focus7:
Op in my opinion, the way I see the situation will go is that this heartless government will make the poor masses to bear the brunt. They may come down hard on the people with all sort of unbearable levies just to satisfy their greed.

Coming down hard on the people with all sorts of unbearable levies will surely precipitate an equivalent of "Arab Spring". With the way dollar exchange rate is going, the cost of basic items will rise to astronomical values. That alone will put a lot of stress on the populace. Any attempt to introduce undue levies will raise the temperature to boiling point.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News......jail-break In Ado Ekiti / Pvc Distribution Flop In Lagos: Fashola Says Inec Has A Lot Of Explanation To Ma / Official: APC Voting Finally Ended

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.