Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Linksys Wrt54g Router And Hughes Modem Hn7740 - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Linksys Wrt54g Router And Hughes Modem Hn7740 (3252 Views)

How Can I Share My Glo Mordem To A Linksys Wirless Router From Desktop / Linksys Wrt160n For Sale ! / Reliable Alternative To Linksys Router? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Linksys Wrt54g Router And Hughes Modem Hn7740 by Smartsboy(m): 12:27pm On Nov 29, 2008
Hi,

can someone help me wit the hughes modem settings for my router. I enabled DHCP wit a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0. Can any one help me wit static ip setup. Thanks
Re: Linksys Wrt54g Router And Hughes Modem Hn7740 by uspry1(f): 2:04pm On Nov 29, 2008
I assume that you already hooked your Hughes modem to your Linksys Wrt54g Router to be recognized. Mine was ISP's DSL modem that is hooked up with my wireless Dlink router using Dlink admin. It's now time to configure the router.

[list]
  1. Open a web browser on one of your networked boxes and point it at http://192.168.1.1 This is the default IP Address for the router.

2. Enter admin for the password then click ok. You will then be brought to the main screen for the router (see the attached file).

3.For the WAN address you want it to obtain that automaticly unless your ISP gave you a static IP address. Then you must enter the IP addresses of your ISP's name servers in the appropriate boxes. If you don't know what they are you need to contact the ISP to get them.

4. Then you want to select the approprite login option. If you're a cable modem use like me set this to Disable. If you're a DSL user you need to select PPPoE here and then enter your PPPoE Username and Password that Your ISP gave you in the boxes below.

5. Set the Connect on Demand time to 0 minutes and leave the redial period as is.
[/list]

That's it! Log off Linksys admin on your browser! Your router w/Hughes modem is ready to go!

If you still do not understand the following Linksys router configuration tutorial  mentioned above, then here is another simple configuration tutorial by Microsoft including varied router manufacturers' (Linksys, Dlink, netgear, 3Com, and Microsoft Broadband) network default username/password. The link here is http://www.microsoft.com/athome/moredone/wirelesssetup.mspx

If you don't want to read whole thing from this link---you can skip, just click the hyperlink saying "3. Configure your wireless router" that will prompt bringing the specified instruction right there for you.
Re: Linksys Wrt54g Router And Hughes Modem Hn7740 by Smartsboy(m): 4:19pm On Nov 29, 2008
Thanks, I'm impressed. My previous connection download speed was very slow. 24kbps. I think i need to buy a static ip.
Re: Linksys Wrt54g Router And Hughes Modem Hn7740 by gogetter09(m): 2:28pm On Aug 09, 2011
PLEASE I NEED A ROUTER THAT CAN TRAVEL UP TO 1000 METERS RANGE RADIUS ,, 2.4GHZ

OR HOW CAN A ROUTER TO REACH A DISTANCE OF 1000METERS,,
PLEASE I NEED HELP

IF YOU DO HAVE ANY IN MIND,, PLEASE REFER ME

(1) (Reply)

PLEASE SAVE !my Laptop Shows Blue Screen Which Says "Window 7 Has Detected Error / IPVANISH VPN Premium Accounts | 100 % Working 2021 / Asus Rog Gl502 Vs. Gtx 1070, 16gb Ram 256ssd +1tbhdd. Core I7 6th Gen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.