Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

How Can I Share My Glo Mordem To A Linksys Wirless Router From Desktop - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Can I Share My Glo Mordem To A Linksys Wirless Router From Desktop (2260 Views)

How Can I Browse With The 3GB That Comes With My Glo Comonth BIS Plan / How Can I Share Internet Connection Using A Usb Modem? / Linksys Wrt54g Router And Hughes Modem Hn7740 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Share My Glo Mordem To A Linksys Wirless Router From Desktop by regged4u: 1:00pm On Sep 28, 2011
PLS I REALLY NEED SOMEBODY TO HELP ME OUT HERE.

HOW CAN I SHARE MY GLO MORDEM INTERNET TO A LINKSYS WIRLESS ROUTER FROM MY DESKTOP, I HAVE TRIED SOME WAYS BUT THE LAPTOP IS TELLING ME NO CONNECTIVITY AFTER CONNECTED.

CAN ANYONE HELP OUT HERE?
Re: How Can I Share My Glo Mordem To A Linksys Wirless Router From Desktop by regged4u: 10:49pm On Sep 28, 2011
I am still wanting to get a help from someone here, i really needs this help, if anyone can, pls he should help.
Re: How Can I Share My Glo Mordem To A Linksys Wirless Router From Desktop by regged4u: 10:51pm On Sep 28, 2011
I am still wanting to get a help from someone here, i really needs this help, if anyone can, pls he should help.
Re: How Can I Share My Glo Mordem To A Linksys Wirless Router From Desktop by lifestyle1(m): 6:45pm On Sep 29, 2011
Are you a network person? if not Go to a professional,
Re: How Can I Share My Glo Mordem To A Linksys Wirless Router From Desktop by tunde300us(m): 1:39am On Sep 30, 2011
How have u tried it ? cos i need to know what u know as regards networking
Re: How Can I Share My Glo Mordem To A Linksys Wirless Router From Desktop by Ndexondeck: 10:21am On Sep 30, 2011
Hello all, you've just met a network guru. If you must know my friend resend your request to m at ndexondeck@yahoo.com and t hen we will get on from there. You may wonder why i want it this way, the info i wud be giving to you is classified and proprietary I wud'nt like to give it to everyone. And for every classified info i give, you will pay through mtn 750 naira recharghcard Ndexondeck (CCNP)
Re: How Can I Share My Glo Mordem To A Linksys Wirless Router From Desktop by lifestyle1(m): 6:51pm On Sep 30, 2011
Re: How Can I Share My Glo Mordem To A Linksys Wirless Router From Desktop by tunde300us(m): 8:01pm On Sep 30, 2011
mtn #750
Re: How Can I Share My Glo Mordem To A Linksys Wirless Router From Desktop by vbs: 2:13pm On Oct 01, 2011
all you have to do is go to my network connection and you will LAN and the modem if that the only two connection u have and now right click on the modem icon and goto advance and select allow share internet connection.
now you will have to go to your LAN and input and ip you want it to send out
e.g
ip 192.168.0.1
subnet mask 255.255.255.0
and now you can connect the land to your Linksys wireless wirless router or connect it to a Switch and from the switch to the router.
Re: How Can I Share My Glo Mordem To A Linksys Wirless Router From Desktop by Scallogger(m): 7:47pm On Oct 01, 2011
you dont have to do complex stuffs bro, all you need is to read this article, http://www.cutehotspot.com/doc/wifi_setup.html
Re: How Can I Share My Glo Mordem To A Linksys Wirless Router From Desktop by Ndexondeck: 9:29pm On Oct 01, 2011
Tunde, #750 is not too much to get classified info, what you will get at CuteHotspot can never be as original and as effective as what you will get from me. Remember, what i will be giving you will remain with you forever. Just reach me at my mail box ndexondeck@yahoo.com.
Re: How Can I Share My Glo Mordem To A Linksys Wirless Router From Desktop by Ndexondeck: 9:40pm On Oct 01, 2011
Anyway i just saw http://www.cutehotspot.com/doc/wifi_setup.html, it actually makes a lot of sense it can see you through that problem if you are careful with the steps. It sure would work out.
Re: How Can I Share My Glo Mordem To A Linksys Wirless Router From Desktop by tunde300us(m): 10:17pm On Oct 01, 2011
wetin concern me ,am not the one to pay you now.
Re: How Can I Share My Glo Mordem To A Linksys Wirless Router From Desktop by tunde300us(m): 10:24pm On Oct 01, 2011
Ur glo modem gives u an IP automatically when you connect it to ur laptop or any device.If you have any knowledge,all u need is another NIC card and then you enable the first NIC card to do sharing.The oda NIC card will then be setup like you have on the cutesetup page
Re: How Can I Share My Glo Mordem To A Linksys Wirless Router From Desktop by Ndexondeck: 6:07pm On Oct 02, 2011
Tunde, you wont need a second NIC to accomplish this task. Since the glo modem should be USB based. All u need to do is, in fact i have done this b/4 and i am still doing it till date. If you need  sure solution to this problem do as i have said previously(mtn-#750) and i will post a fully detailed troubleshooting solution to you via email. Here is my contact (ndexondeck@yahoo.com, 07063578879)
Re: How Can I Share My Glo Mordem To A Linksys Wirless Router From Desktop by tunde300us(m): 7:49pm On Oct 03, 2011
Pls stop mentioning my name on ur post man, i am not the one that needs the solution and YES u wont need the second NIC card cos ur internet solution is via the USB and it creates a platform on ur my network places where you can tell it to share and bingo ure on.The problem here is that i dont know if this my guy that needs the solution has some experience with it
Re: How Can I Share My Glo Mordem To A Linksys Wirless Router From Desktop by Ndexondeck: 2:53pm On Oct 06, 2011
Yap that is the main problem.
Re: How Can I Share My Glo Mordem To A Linksys Wirless Router From Desktop by megawave(m): 6:46pm On Oct 07, 2011
trying to share a Glo modem you need to have an idea about networking.
follow this steps: control panel
                            network connections
                            create a new connection
                            next
                            connect to the internet
                           set up connection manually
                           connect using a dial up modem
                           select ur modem by checking the box
                           name the ISP e.g glo
                           phone no:#777= username and password.

After all this party I it will now give you an icon under network connections  under control panel. you will now go and share the connection. then if you cannot do that you need to call an expert.
Megawave (CCNA)
Re: How Can I Share My Glo Mordem To A Linksys Wirless Router From Desktop by barlery: 4:47pm On Oct 11, 2011
mega wave has said it all, if u need more advice u can contact me on eddy_bar@hotmail.com
Re: How Can I Share My Glo Mordem To A Linksys Wirless Router From Desktop by rhamzus(m): 12:46pm On Oct 13, 2011
regged4u:

PLS I REALLY NEED SOMEBODY TO HELP ME OUT HERE.

HOW CAN I SHARE MY GLO MORDEM INTERNET TO A LINKSYS WIRLESS ROUTER FROM MY DESKTOP, I HAVE TRIED SOME WAYS BUT THE LAPTOP IS TELLING ME NO CONNECTIVITY AFTER CONNECTED.

CAN ANYONE HELP OUT HERE?
This is possible but other hos connecting from the router tru your system will suffer bps issue. only you will enjoy it, y nt jst get the new router-sim available, it has the ability to connect your modem to the router and distributes wirelessly. If u really need it, holla @ rhamzus@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Oracle Vs Cisco / 6 Months Practical Laptop Engineering Program<<your Opportunity>> / The New Mega Macbook Giveaway Enter To Win Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.