Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,805 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Reliable Alternative To Linksys Router? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Reliable Alternative To Linksys Router? (2216 Views)

How Can I Share My Glo Mordem To A Linksys Wirless Router From Desktop / Linksys Wrt160n For Sale ! / Linksys Wrt54g Router And Hughes Modem Hn7740 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reliable Alternative To Linksys Router? by wormedup(m): 12:11pm On Jan 15, 2007
hi guys,

i need your opinions on this.
i'm currently using a linksys router but it's giving me problems so i want to change it.

i need your suggestions on a better router.

thanks all.
Re: Reliable Alternative To Linksys Router? by wormedup(m): 8:02am On Jan 19, 2007
*Bump*
somebody make a useful contribution please. cool
Re: Reliable Alternative To Linksys Router? by adewaleafolabi(m): 9:39am On Jan 19, 2007
why don't you post the nature of the problem. it could be something minor.
Re: Reliable Alternative To Linksys Router? by wormedup(m): 12:13pm On Jan 19, 2007
2 out of the four ports are dead.

mostly require restarting once there's a fluctuation in power supply.

i'm doing good with the port part - it's not really the issue. the major problem is with the restarting.

there, can you help ?
Re: Reliable Alternative To Linksys Router? by adewaleafolabi(m): 12:24pm On Jan 19, 2007
your problem seems more of a power issue and replacing your router might not solve it. why don't u get a good stabilizer and a proper backup?
Re: Reliable Alternative To Linksys Router? by wormedup(m): 4:13pm On Jan 19, 2007
considering facts that i've used about 3 different types of backup systems - currently APC; power generating set et al other things u need in an office to work, i'm not gonna kill myself for a router !

i've heard people complain over the same bug so it's not just me. there's a buggy firmware on linksys routers out there.

i have a dlink WAP and the only time i get to touch it is when i'm dusting it !

are u using a linksys ?
Re: Reliable Alternative To Linksys Router? by adewaleafolabi(m): 4:50pm On Jan 19, 2007
am not and since u said there's a bug in the firmware why don't you go to the manufacturer's website and see if u can upgrade or better still lodge your complains there. also a search about that bug could do you some good. if all these doesn't work then consider getting a new router
Re: Reliable Alternative To Linksys Router? by otokx(m): 2:31pm On Feb 03, 2007
I use 2 linksys routers; 1 of the the firewall router having more security features than the other which is a voice router. I have not had any major problems with them.
Re: Reliable Alternative To Linksys Router? by wormedup(m): 4:50pm On Feb 05, 2007
Otokx,

which model makes are you using ?
Re: Reliable Alternative To Linksys Router? by Bossman(m): 7:04pm On Feb 05, 2007
Linksys is a reputed product. If it's not working for you, try dlink or netgear. I have been running an entry-level netgear in my home for over 5 years without any problems at all. An inconsistent power supply will definitely affect any router, or any electrical appliance for that matter.
Re: Reliable Alternative To Linksys Router? by Cactus(m): 9:48pm On Feb 11, 2007
consider changing your firmware to ddwrt search on google. the best alternative firmware for linksys router provides more functions.
Re: Reliable Alternative To Linksys Router? by wormedup(m): 8:31am On Feb 12, 2007
Cactus:

consider changing your firmware to ddwrt search on google. the best alternative firmware for linksys router provides more functions.

will that support BEFSX41 model ? cos that's what i have.
Re: Reliable Alternative To Linksys Router? by Cactus(m): 4:42pm On Feb 12, 2007
Re: Reliable Alternative To Linksys Router? by wormedup(m): 8:42pm On Feb 12, 2007
yeah man, i saw that earlier today angry

anyways, it's all good; i got a dlink and it's not doing badly cool

i'll just use the linksys for experimentations with ddwrt firmware tongue

thanks a lot guys cool

(1) (Reply)

32-bit Versus 64-bit: What You Should Know / Google Translate Adds Hausa, Yoruba And Igbo / Please I Need A Laptop That Has At Least 2GB Dedicated Nvidia Graphics, 1TB/8GB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.