Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

THE GRADUATION (a Short Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / THE GRADUATION (a Short Story) (735 Views)

The Murder Case- A short story / The Blame Switch - A Short Story / Life's Symphony: A Short Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

THE GRADUATION (a Short Story) by Tobi4oxide(m): 11:50am On Nov 27, 2014
I was sitting in the midst of my colleagues in my graduation gown. I was beaming with smiles. Then the white man at the podium announced, "and the best graduating student the The University of Liverpool has ever produced is Giwa Oluwatobi". I was ushered forward with a mighty standing ovation. I tried to fight back the tears of joy as people from all the facets of the world congratulated me. Blacks, Whites and Asians gave me warm congratulatory greetings, Photographers were flashing their cameras at me, and the pressmen were trampling over themselves simply to interview me. Then I said within myself, "Oh damn, I'm a superstar!". A CNN Journalist asked pointing his microphone to me "Mr Giwa, How do you feeling graduating as the best student ever produced in The University of Liverpool?". I replied, "I am highly honoured to... I was awakened by a mosquito that flew past my ear. I discovered it was a dream. I groaned, "Oh God, I'm still in FUTA". Now I have been weeping all day. I cursed the mosquito and its generations to come.
Re: THE GRADUATION (a Short Story) by nawtibownie: 12:03pm On Nov 27, 2014
Lol. FUTA isn't that bad nao. Technology for self reliance.....

1 Like

Re: THE GRADUATION (a Short Story) by Tobi4oxide(m): 12:06pm On Nov 27, 2014
@ nawtibownie, Abi now.

(1) (Reply)

A Creed To Live By / The Agony Of Eve... (series) (true Life Tales) II / The Choice Of Hercules

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.